The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to actually getting a bit of time in Lyon. When we were over for the group stage we did so much travelling it was literally motorway-hotel-stadium-hotel most days and back on the road. We had a couple of spare days in Bordeaux but we did Paris, St Etienne, Toulouse, Marseille and Lille without even finding the town centres at all :D

Landing about 11am Wednesday in Lyon (plus not having to drive), so should be able to get a few ales in and a bit of wandering about.

Are the fan zones now closed during the day since there are no early kickoffs?

Lurker alert :D

Any of you about in the Meyzieu area tonight/tomorrow?

Found myself in Lyon randomly for the match, might have a spare ticket too, not that there seems to have been a shortage

Haha excellent

I think I'd go Collins, have changed my mind based on the fact we would be changing 3 players around - Chester would have to move to left of the 3

What about Rambo's replacement? Think I'd go King to start, then bring Jonny on to run at them around the hour mark

I'll message you when I'm in Gregg

Austria in October, can't wait

New thread for the new campaign, Moldova in September it begins

Just read through this thread to see where we have come from and what this means

We were in match 3 and we were in match 49 of 51, we rocked this competition from start to finish. It was everything I ever dreamed of and more, absolutely bursting with pride

#TogetherStronger

Posted this on Facebook. Equally valid here:

Just woke up here in Lyon, still a bit gutted from last night. With the disappointment though, is an immense sense of pride.

Pride in a group of players who have fought brilliantly and gone beyond all expectations for us and delivered what we only dared to dream of. We could all pick and niggle at what might have been had we had two missing players available, had we used other options as replacements, had we responded better to the first goal, but that ignores what a massive achievement it was to get to this point anyway. To get beyond a semi final to a final is always going to be about the small margins and so let's be proud.

Pride also in our supporters, tens of thousands of us have been in France, some longer than others, some making mind boggling & physically daunting trips home in between games. Every French person I've met on this trip has wished us well. It's been the same with fans of other nations too. It cannot be described how it feels to see a strangers face light up with delight when you tell them you are from Wales. We've all been great ambassadors for this country of ours. We've done ourselves proud.

Great posts.

Not much more for me to add. Think we've covered pretty much every mode of transport in the last 3 weeks and wouldn't change it for the world. Missed Northern Ireland but to be there for nearly every step of such a journey will live with me forever.

Amazing.

We don't have to qualify for another 58 years now, I'm happy, I've seen it all.

Nothing more to add, will be in Cardiff tomorrow to celebrate our heroes achievements.

Must crack on towards this World Cup now. Have to keep this momentum up and build a legacy. One game at a time, together stronger.

An overview:

Moldova + Georgia obviously potential banana skins but really have to be taking 12 points off these

Ireland :Need 4 points here imo

Austria: Initially our main scare I thought, but suffered a poor Euro's and to play them away this October could be at just the right time.

Serbia: Not been at their best of recent but still the 6-1 defeat lurks in the back of my mind. Need 3 points here.

Most of my mates love the rugby so going to Austria is going to be annoyingly difficult.

That's the main thing for you guys. You've done well to get that far in the summer, but it can all fall apart pretty quickly. Looking at that group, you should be able to challenge for the top spot. Serbia aren't the team they once were. And Georgia, who would get beat off Georgia in Tbilisi? Twice. *sobs* Austria could be looking for a reaction though, they were very good in qualifying but dreadful at the tournament. I'd have them as slight favourites, but essentially you're looking at whether Wales can keep up the form, and whether Austria can buck theirs. Could go either way.

A straight fight between you and Austria, with Ireland finishing a close third IMO. Playoff spot at least.

This month has brought back my love for the game. It has made me feel slightly embarrassed I didn't try harder to watch the team more often.

Just want to keep watching Wales, wherever I can.

Tickets for the WC qualifiers will be out soon.

Welcome aboard :thup:

Such an amazing experience. Will try and get the season ticket this time if there are seats in areas I like to sit.

Don't know if I'd go to Russia though. Not somewhere i particularly have on the bucket list. May well depend where our gsmes were if we get there.

Got home at about midnight. rather shattered.

What was the damage on the car after chops?

Oh & 1:40 lads :D

Haha quality! I was on itv news before the England game. They cut my prediction out though the ********!

The damage on the car not too bad tbh. It was about £70 each to hire and with tolls etc included but they've charged us an extra £188 for the massive dent in it after an awfully ambitious U Turn in central Paris after a sat nav that didn't work took us the wrong direction :D

We pulled up to Lyon train station to drop the car off yesterday and parked it in the middle of two cars despite 200 empty spaces so it probably looked a bit dodgy from the off. My mate dropped the keys in and they just took it off him so we thought we'd got away with it but they billed him today. Only about £40 each, was expecting more like £500-£750 in total so relieved with that. All part of the experience :D

Cracking hour at the stadium today, missed most of the scenes in Cardiff centre but headed to the stadium and it was a good chance to say thanks and relive some of the memories. Was welling up when they showed the Belgium highlights. The finest night of them all, id be amazed if that is ever beaten.

Add Gazza and me to the list of Wales fans caught on TV. We were on BBC news walking back to Lyon station after the Portugal game, also got interviewed by Capital Wales but I'm not sure if that made the air.

Archived