Sports Interactive Community
Chris24

Can't sign anybody in Germany

Hi Guys,

I have seen a few people having this problem since the last update and nobody has really got a fix as it were. Started a Hamburg save before Christmas played it a fair bit and won the European Cup twice and became one of the most reputable clubs. Now with a bit of a break from work I have loaded it up and now cannot sign anybody, no African regens, not one is interested. I thought fair enough a bit realistic I suppose, then I have been unable to sign anybody, there is a general view that it would be a step down to join the European Champions. I thought id persevere but the final straw came when I tried to sign Crewe's captain, they are in the Championship and he thought it would be a step down. I haven't downloaded any of these editors a few of you have but is there one I can download and change a setting to stop people not wanting to come to the Bundesliga as it is ruining the long-term of the save?

Thanks guys!

I think this is a known bug man. It is KINDA outrageous how a bug like this can go on for so long without being patched up. I mean it does literally make the game unplayable if you want to play in the Bundesliga... Not long left now until the next patch though.

I think this is a known bug man. It is KINDA outrageous how a bug like this can go on for so long without being patched up. I mean it does literally make the game unplayable if you want to play in the Bundesliga...

As posted elsewhere (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/383894-No-youth-players-interested-in-signing-for-Dortmund.) I think it's amusing and insightful that it is perceived as such everywhere - EXCEPT for in Germany. :D This is an minor to non-issue with FM's largest German community, actually, and they've also have got a bug thread that runs quite a few pages long. And naturally play in the Bundesliga, mostly.

Yes but it is a sizable issue when it hasn't been like that for the entirety of the save, it is something which has come up courtesy of the 14.2 update and has ruined the way a lot of people try to build a team as the OP in that Dortmund thread alludes to.

Strange, I am playing as Hoffenheim currently, and haven't had any problems what-so-ever. Am I likely to encounter this in the future or is it something that is only effecting a few people?

It seems to be pretty across the board for people managing German teams but you might be lucky. If you're on 14.2 wait for the next youth intake day in any country and try and sign the best player you can find. See if he wants to come.

Will try that, currently at the start of a new season (Aug '21) so will be a while before a new youth intake, however in this window I have signed 4 new players, all regens (but not new to this season), from FC Red Bull Salzburg, Ajax, Anderlecht and Leeds, with the one from Leeds being a player I signed previously when I was manager of Leeds, and they are still currently in the Premier League. Only in my 2nd season with Hoffenheim, so have no European football to offer as of yet, so would not expect to be signing higher rep players than these. Last season though I signed Marco van Ginkle on a bosman from Chelsea.

I am playing on 14.2.2

Just try the African regen day in November if I recall correctly. It is across the board regens for me.

I'll try and let you know when I get there, might get there tonight if the kids let me have an hours peace to play the game for a bit

To be honest, I've never liked the fact that you could sign regens from a club the day after they generate. You'd think that any youngster would stay at his first club at least long enough to see who else might be interested (since he drew interest without ever kicking a ball) before signing anything.

Yes but its not been without kicking a ball, you just have to assume he has been seen playing at 11,12,13,14 and upwards as happens in real life in terms of youth scouting.

Exactly as said above, The day they generate is just the day they become of good enough quality to be recommended for the u18 squad

That's true, but in reality you could scout them at those ages also. What is happening in the game is the second they appear you can approach them to sign when you know absolutely nothing about them. It would be good if you had to at least scout them first or something. I certainly wouldn't take a job from someone who I'd never met before and didn't even know what I was capable of.

Having the same issue it's stupid how they've not patched this part yet or given us a work around through the editor or something.

That's true, but in reality you could scout them at those ages also. What is happening in the game is the second they appear you can approach them to sign when you know absolutely nothing about them. It would be good if you had to at least scout them first or something. I certainly wouldn't take a job from someone who I'd never met before and didn't even know what I was capable of.

You can't be serious, you would turn down a crap load of money from Barca, FC Bayern or some other top end team, even if you bomb out completely hopeless the experience will last you a lifetime.

This is lifetime football players, all they want to do is play football, getting approached by a better club is like getting into paradise.

Except you DON'T get a crap load of money on youth contracts. But that's besides the point, most youth players play near where their family is situated. So to suddenly move countries, or even just cities is a huge commitment for a 15/16 year old, as it quite often affects the whole family. Not to mention the fact that most youth players in the UK for example will still be doing their GCSE's at this time and moving to a different country would make that nigh on impossible to sort logistically. I think there was a youth cup game where Raheem Sterling scored 5 goals (against Southend I think) and the only reason he could play in the game was because it was half-term!

You're right, all they want to do IS play football. But at this age and considering the potential upheaval, I'd expect more time taken to ensure that any disruption doesn't affect their opportunity to play said football.

Some of the regens that come through at bigger teams my scouts already have reports on them as soon as they are created, So somewhere in the game they are scouted, Very realistic i think. Remember your teams u14's for example will be playing against the other teams and see these players....In theory

I think possibly taking a child's gcse's into consideration when being able to sign them is looking to uber realism. It is a game after all, to be fair this isn't even a point about realism and such its just how something in the game previously has been changed for the worse in my view courtesy of a patch.

Right, having now scouted a load of players from firstly Brazil, and now Africa on youth intake days, I see the problem. I guess it a case of they won't join until they have played with their 1st clubs a while, as I mentioned before, I can sign regens further down the line.

Ignore that, just signed an Egyptian keeper who my scouts said wouldn't want to sign, but he agreed terms easily and is joining on 1st Janauary

It is frustrating, the only way I can get them to even want to open talks is if I leave it to my staff and then they only accept an offer of 90k a week. Craziness. Going to wait until African regen day this year and see what the craic is.

This is how it's been set via the research, due to German clubs rarely signing players directly from this region. If you have a problem with this, I'd suggest raising it in the German data issues forum. Thanks.