Wingers + Wing Forwards

Wouldn't work, teams would cut you to pieces through the centre. Think about it that is 6 of your 10 players out wide. Therefore with 1 SS and 2 centre backs you would only have 1 player for DMC or MC who would be on his own against 2-4 players depending on the opposition strategy. In short you would get repeatedly and regularly battered.

the tactic you describe resembles the most a 4-4-2 diamond with wingers (4-1DM-2-1-2)

I imagine this being a very fluid tactic with the IFs sitting narrow and roaming, the player in the AMC position is a regular AM the DMC is a regular DMC, the WMs run wide and hug line and the full backs are regular fullbacks

You will be able to get enough players in attack the problem is the defensive balance you might struggle against three-man-midfield formations

If you tell your WMs to Sit Narrow and give them primarily defensive instructions and duties, then this has potential to work. Essentially the WMs would cut inside to act like two slightly wide central midfielders.

As someone has said, whilst it may be sliced open through the middle, it is still going to replicate a 41212 (wide diamond) which can be very successful despite only one central DM, so I don't think you should let that put you off.

If you tell your WMs to Sit Narrow and give them primarily defensive instructions and duties, then this has potential to work. Essentially the WMs would cut inside to act like two slightly wide central midfielders.

As someone has said, whilst it may be sliced open through the middle, it is still going to replicate a 41212 (wide diamond) which can be very successful despite only one central DM, so I don't think you should let that put you off.

Yeah that's what I am thinking, wm's sitting narrow and cutting inside could help me i hope.

No matter the tactic or philosophy there are always basics in football that are a must.

The main one that will be affected by you playing effectively SIX wide men is that your spine will only have 4 players in it. The spine of your team is VERY important in the real world but in FM14 perhaps a 442 but instead of strikers use advanced wingers?

Something like...

IF S, --------------->IF A [these two play from the FL and FR positions to the side of where the strikers would normally be].

WM S, BWM D, DLP S, WM A

FB A, CD C, CD X, FB S

GK D

You could make something less extreme work with a central players drifting wide to create overloads.

Other than that I think you should play like this on only one flank like so for example:

-- -- ST -- IF

- -- -- -- --

W-MC-MC-WM

--------------

DL-DC--DC-DR

Quite simply 3 wide players each flank will see you dominated in the centre - just don't bother with it. Football trends to more central players, not more wide players. This SS cannot score all your goals - you'll have 3 players fighting to cross to 1 bloke which is nonsense.

Archived