Does players have a stupidity stat or is it just coded badly?

I made a huge mistake of signing some youngster that turned out to have bad stats, he won't train due to lack of ambition, so my only option is to loan him out, so he at least get first team experience and someday will be a worthwhile sell.

And the game pop's up "want to chat" and the little idiot that isn't even good enough to play on my U18 team says he is good enough to fight for a place on the first team. First team being Barcelona a team that under my rule has won everything in the world.

Does some of his stats make him stupid or is it just coded badly so the players has zero understanding of their own worth?

Edit: His current ability makes him as all grey stars player, not even remotely material for any of my teams.

As mentioned he won't train = zero ambition.

I'm pretty sure he has no reputation and he was listed as decent young player.

What do you mean he "won't train"???

His rep is listed on his profile and what is his personality?

Again what do you mean by "won't train"????

Fairly sporting doesn't tell you a lot except he has got average at best levels of ambition, determination & professionalism.

National rep covers a wide range which includes several of your first team squad.

Again what do you mean by "won't train"????

Thats what the coach tells me, that indicates low ambition, but he has also had mood "isn't worried about having no goals".

National rep covers a wide range which includes several of your first team squad.

Barca here... my first team is world class, this dude think he can outperform Messi for his spot in the team, how stupid is that.

It's a general problem though, but in this case it was just too extreme for a young player to come and claim he deserves to replace Messi in the first team. I could better accept the reaction from some of the 3 star established players that was mostly marginal for the first team.

The weird thing is scouts/coaches does seem to see the quality of a player, but even a half star PA, with 1 grey star 15 year old youngster expect to replace Messi.

As mentioned he won't train = zero ambition.

I'm pretty sure he has no reputation and he was listed as decent young player.

You can tutor him to change his personality. Use a tutor whose personality is something like Resolute, Spirited, Professional, Fairly Professional, Model Professional.

Never sign Loyal players. The hidden attributes needed to develop are Ambition and Professionalism. If he thinks he is working too hard on training, the responsible attribute (or lack of) is Professionalism, not Ambition.

Just fire him. Why on earth be bothered with trash like that when you have £500m in the bank?

Yes the players have absolutely no insight into their own worth.

I'm guessing he was trying to find good youth players to sign up for the future so they could replace his aging squad, something I use to do on LMA but with my backup players been the ones I was training. FM having both youth and under 21's makes it more easier to shuffle around while they are training for your 1st team.

Never had a player decide he was worthy of a place on my first team before when clearly his attributes say otherwise, but will be sure to read more about personalities to make sure I can try to avoid such problems.

Archived