Stadium Increase

I've recently asked the board to 'expand the stadium' however, since we only have have a 12000 all seater stadium and dont have any more expansion capacity (ive checked on FMM) then maybe a new stadium is on the cards?

The board agreed the 'expand stadium request' but how long does it take for them to get the ball rolling and notify me about the expansion/new stadium?

theyll try and expand the current stadium first, so youll probably get a notice along the lines of being refused planning permission, not sure how many times youll have to go through that before theyll decide to build a new one though

theyll try and expand the current stadium first, so youll probably get a notice along the lines of being refused planning permission, not sure how many times youll have to go through that before theyll decide to build a new one though

ah ok, thanks for replying!

Don't be surprised if your stadium does get expanded. I'm not sure if having a 'new' stadium contributes to this but my 'new' Fisher stadium has been expanded a few times and the expansion capacity has increased beyond what FM Modifier reported. For example it was 17000-ish and had an expansion capacity of 33000-ish. When it reached 33000 I got a message at the next season turn around stating the board had decided to expand by 10000 seats. I checked FM Modifier and my expansion capacity had changed.

The 'new' stadium thing has been shown to give the appearance of being random by various people who tested it out on here. In one reload they get a council block and no new stadium. In another they get a straight new stadium announcement. The general trend though is filling out the stadium, a reasonable bank balance (although I suspect chairman attributes come into it as I've seen posts by people who got thrown into serious debt) and one or two prior instances of a council blocking an expansion.

Alos the notification depends on the refesh date which depends on the country. In England the message usually appears around the 15th of June.

Archived