You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator II

Dexter_Morgan

3380003.jpg

As with my aim on FM13 the goal is to move around the divisions in the Iron Curtain and make them as strong as possible. Last years thread was very popular and there were some amazing successes and failures along the way, most notably the rebirth of Red Star Belgrade after being relegated to the 2nd tier, Spartak Moscow who were probably the best side I have managed in the FM series and the sacking at Jagiellonia Białystok after a promising 1st season at the club.

There is some changes to this save compared to the previous one. I felt last year the thread got derailed a little due to my move to Asia and about 6-7 years of holidaying because I was too picky with the clubs I wanted to manage which I felt cost me the chance of getting any division in to the top 4 in the rankings and also the chance to manage in Slovenia and Belarus to at least complete the set of managing in every country, so this year I will be a little less picky about the sides and where possible only move if offered/applied for another job and there will be no move outside of the iron curtain. Obviously in a journeyman save there will be times when frustration at a club will set in and I quit a post or I do get the sack but I want to limit the time unemployed to as little as possible so this year I can get at least one nation in the top 4.

The biggest change to this version is the introduction of some new leagues thanks to this db created by kovacic. This gives me a great option to play in countries I have never played in before and also adds to the whole "Iron Curtain experience" with all the eligible nations now competing properly. There were some great talents coming out of some of these nations in last years save and especially at the beginning I may have to tap in to some undiscovered talent from them.

loaded_divisions.jpg

As with last year I aim to play in all of these nations at some point if time permits, I may not necessarily play in let alone win all the top divisions but it would be nice to have a season in each country in some way, preferably doing it early as I build my rep up before taking the same approach as last year and spending a few years at certain clubs to try and make that division as strong as possible. I will also start with Sunday league rep as I did last time around

me.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Career

History

2013/14 Elbasani Albanian 1st Cat. 1st  (Promotion)

2014/15 Elbasani Albanian Superleague Resigned to bug with file regarding counting Albanians as non EU but needing a squad of EU players (explained better in this post)

2015 FBK Kaunas Lithuania 1. League 1st

2016 FBK Kaunas Lithuania 1. League 6th - Cup Winners

2017/18 Szombathelyi Haladás Hungarian Division I 4th - Cup, League Cup & Supercup winners

2018/19 Szombathelyi Haladás Hungarian Division I 1st - League Cup & Supercup winners

2019/20 Szombathelyi Haladás Hungarian Division I 1st - Cup & Supercup winners

2020/21 Szombathelyi Haladás Hungarian Division I 1st - Cup, League Cup & Supercup winners

2021/22 Red Star Belgrade Serbian Superleague  1st - Europa League Runners Up

2022/23 Red Star Belgrade Serbian Superleague  1st - Champions League Runners Up

2023/24 Red Star Belgrade Serbian Superleague  1st - Cup Winners, Champions League Winners

2024/25 Red Star Belgrade Serbian Superleague  1st - Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, Club World Cup Winners

2025 Granit Mikashevich Belarusian Highest League 1st

2026 Granit Mikashevich Belarusian Highest League 5th - Cup Wiiners

2026/27  NK Siroki Brijeg Bosnian Premier League 1st - Cup Winners

2027/28 NK Siroki Brijeg Bosnian Premier League 1st 

2028/2029 NK Siroki Brijeg Bosnian Premier League 1st

2029/30 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukrainian Premier League 1st - Cup Winners

2030/31 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukrainian Premier League 1st - Champions League Winners

2031/32 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukrainian Premier League 1st - Ukrainian Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Club World Cup Winners

2032/33 Lokomotiv Moscow Russian Premier League 3rd

2033/34  Lokomotiv Moscow Russian Premier League resigned mid season 1st

2033/34 Legia Warsaw Polish Ekstraklasa 8th - 2nd in Championship Group

2034/35 Legia Warsaw Polish Ekstraklasa 1st - 1st in Championship Group, Champions League Winners

2035/2036 Legia Warsaw Polish Ekstraklasa Resigned in September - European Super Cup Winners

Labinoti-Elbasan402_-new-KF-logo.png

Chapter 1 - KS Elbasani

After a few tempting roles in offered in FYR Macedonia, Latvia and Moldova I decided to hang on a while because in the interviews alone I didn't feel the chairmen were ambitious enough which is something I really wanted in my 1st job because I plan a couple of seasons in it and KS Elbasani seemed to fit in with my way of thinking in the interview so I accepted.

job.jpg

overview.jpg

facilities.jpg

It seems a good job for the 2nd tier and they have a few decent players on the books including this fella who looks good enough for the division above

Bylykbashi.jpg

A few transfers have been made, the majority are better than what we have in those positions according to the scouts and at least it adds to the numbers as it was a thin squad

transfers.jpg

There probably won't be any more signings now, these cover the defence, a keeper and midfield but if a left winger and an AMC or forward turn up then i'll have a go at getting them.

I'm looking forward to this challenge and my first go in this nation, ideally i'd like us to go up straight away but won't be over concerned if we don't as i'm new to the nation so it's a learning curve for me. One thing that appeals to me is there isn't any restrictions on players so if I get in to this long term it fits in with my usual style of getting young players cheap to sell on whilst I build the club, if anything with this in mind a 5 year stint wouldn't be out of the question and if anything is something I would like .

Best of luck with this,really enjoyed last season's career!

Cheers mate, I did too tbh and with some of last years missed targets I felt it was worth a second go at it, especially with new leagues to explore :) I haven't stopped the Lillehammer career as such btw, I did a few months after winning the CL there and just felt it was all too easy when I reloaded this morning and wanted a fresh and bit less limited challenge but i'll certainly be looking to carry on if I fancy a change from this :)

KS Elbasani August/September 2013

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Not a bad start for us, the defeat was disappointing especially as we played well but was wasteful with chances when in previous games we had been scoring for fun, but that was never going to be our day from the moment a long clearance flew over my keepers head from just inside the opponents center circle :D.

Bylykbashi as expected is at the heart of everything good we do with 8 goals and 5 assists to his name already even from mostly the AMC position. Toci on the right wing is also chipping in with 6 goals and 4 assist from the same amount of games. I do think we need a DM and maybe another CB as i'm not too convinced with the defence but unfortunately finances are against us. Going by the title it looks like the top 4 will be the main contenders already and it may come down to games between these sides to see who takes the 2 promotion spots

Are beards still illegal?

I think so :D

I will be following this for both career updates and the marvelous thread title. :)
Really enjoyed your story last year! Will be following :)

Thanks :) Hopefully it will be as entertaining as last time, really looking forward to playing in the new leagues for the 1st time ever so hopefully i'll get through all of those countries :)

silas_tycoon.jpg

This is the 1st tycoon takeover in the game and it's happened in Lithuania of all places :D Before the takeover Silas were an amateur side in the 2nd tier worth £20k and now they have immediately turned pro and worth £4.1M. Would people be interested in seeing how tycoon sides do like on last years thread? I found it interesting last year that the only really successful one was in Belarus with one of the Minsk clubs yet even then they didn't do well in Europe really. Silas are approaching the end of their season so they should see transfer activity pretty soon.

KS Elbasani October - December 2013

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

October's start coupled with the defeat before it meant we were playing catchup, in fact the home game against Butrinti could have easily been our 4th defeat on the spin even as we were 2-0 down at half time, but the players reacted superbly to the lecture I gave them at the break and results started to pick up a little (bar the 3-3 where we were 3-0 up and threw it away). The table has changed slightly in the last 3 months, I was convinced it was going to be out of 4 for the 2 promotion spots but having played everyone and seeing the table at the winter break i'd go for anyone in the top 6/7.

I am hoping we will go straight up but not too sure it will happen, the financial rewards of going up seem like they'd be good for us. We get an average attendance that is 2nd highest in the division and ours is 1,050 (ish) more than the 3rd highest and only about 300 behind the top so it seems we have a decent fan base that can be built on. Surprisingly we only lose £8k or so a month, this will more than likely rise a bit whilst the break is on but should still be manageable, i've also asked the board to find a parent club for us to which they agreed, if we can get some income from that and players on loan for free then it'll be a big plus in our development because the more this save goes on the more I want to stay at this club for a few years and build it up. I don't know if it's the novelty of a new division or what but it's been one of those saves so far that I just want want to keep on playing games even when results haven't been great :)

Yeah, that would be interesting to follow!

Will be doing it along with end of season reports, especially this side because to go from what they were (a mid table 2nd division side is where they finished) to the richest club in the country overnight is worth keeping an eye on, it's actually tempting to go and compete against them if they do well asap :D

Interesting choice for investment.

It sure is, the more like this the better IMO because if things go well then it all helps towards getting a country in the top 4. My plan is to build a few clubs up over the next 10-15 years to get my rep up then find somewhere for a longer term goal of maybe 7+ seasons (depending how the Iron curtain and myself is doing in general obviously), at the minute I plan on getting at least a season in my career at the edited nations plus Slovenia and Belarus, maybe Poland and Croatia too because they were huge failures on last season's game and wanted to put it right on that save but never got the chance.

KS Elbasani March - May 2014

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Bylykbashi.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I'm very happy with how the season turned out, at one stage I wasn't too sure that we would go up but we did enough after the winter break to make it even with a few silly defeats. Bylykbashi was obviously a big plus for us and thankfully i've managed to keep him on for another season so with any luck and a few new signings we should be strong enough to stay up.

One worry is the finances, especially with the winter break we lost a lot as there were no games giving us an income so I am hoping the board put a bit of cash in to help us compete or it could be a really tough season ahead for us.

Not a bad start at all. Got a real decent shot at promotion already!

Cheers mate, it's been surprising just how good we've been considering the board expectation in all honesty, if i'd have had any clue about this division i'd have gone for a higher transfer budget :D

Nice to see another one of these going, really enjoyed last years thread. Good luck.

Cheers mate, hopefully this years save will be as good as if not better than last year. The new leagues should add to it :)

Pity Bylykbashi's near the end of his career.

Yeah it is, though his attributes have been dropping very quickly so it is something i'll have to look at addressing pretty quickly. Pretty happy with the signings I have made in the window so far though and there is quite a few who are classed as leading players for the division so hopefully we can match the boards ambitions (though I still feel they are very unrealistic for the 1st season in the division)

Not that it makes a big difference at the minute as i've pretty much used up the wages kitty and don't have any non EU in the squad as yet but just looked at the league rules and there is only 3 non EU players allowed in the match squad which may turn out to be a problem later on as I had intended to sign kids on the cheap from Africa and South America and sell on while I establish the club :(

Gets even worse, the squad is mostly Albanians (only 3 players aren't) so there has been a balls up with the league rules in the file :(

doh.jpg

Which left me with a choice, holiday games so the fixture is played and have false achievements or resign so obviously I took that option. It was a shame that a bug ruined it as I felt I had a good base at the club and was enjoying it but obviously this is something out of my control.

quit.jpg

Frustrating to see that happen but the best of luck at your new club.

Cheers mate, my new side is something of a sleeping giant so presents a big test for me but one i'm looking forward to.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

Chapter II: FBK Kaunas

Kaunas.jpg

history.jpg

overview.jpg

Clearly a club with recent history their decline is a strange story, Vladimir Romanov (a name you may be familiar with after his time in Scotland with Hearts) pulled the side out of the league after a disagreement with league officials and they went down to the 3rd tier. The full story is here for anyone who wants to read a little more about it. I'd say it is worth 5 minutes of anyone interested in footballs time :thup:

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - March - May 2015

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Voloshynskyi.jpg

Managers Thoughts

This has gone a lot better than expected so far, I kind of went in to this with hopes of getting a top 5 finish as it is a little higher than the predicted 7th but with the help of a few signings we have done really well, even knocking out a higher division side in the cup. I'd say this division is pretty much the same standard of players I had in Albania which didn't seem too big a jump in level after promotion (shame I never got the chance to properly find out) and obviously having someone who can find the net like Voloshynskyi and Bylykbashi before at Belsani at these levels really does make a huge difference.

I wouldn't mind a little cup run but the top 3 is the aim now with anything else being a bonus. We are £1k over our budget so there isn't much hope of new faces coming in but if possible a left winger and a back up AMC are my priorities and will get if I can.

Co-efficients

comps.jpg

A better year this time with some decent rises amongst those in the top 30 or so. There was quite a few drops below that including Lithuania dropping 10 places to 65th which still isn't too bad if we are aiming for promotion to attract new players for next year as it is still a higher rank than Albania was by a distance.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - June - August 2015

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Marinovic.jpg

Managers Thoughts

A brilliant spell in the middle section of the season and we started to find the net a lot more regularly towards the end of it thanks mostly to Marinovic finding his form after taking a while to settle in which was pleasing. There are still a few things that I would like to improve but the quality of player available at the minute isn't really that much better than we have so i'll be sticking to what I have for this season and hope that if we are playing in a division almost 30 places above this one next year that it improves the quality of player that will be interested significantly enough to compete.

The majority of regulars and the better squad members have all signed on for another year, I checked the A League's rules in case we do go up after last season's fiasco in Albania and there is no player restrictions apart from no trailists so we are pretty much safe in that regard :D

Playing against 2 higher division sides and not losing to each of them in 120 minutes twice does suggest this squad can live in a higher division but I haven't been offered a new contract yet so might not even get the chance to manage there anyway. I think in all honesty even if I do get a contract i'm only going to do another season as I kind of want to have a crack at some of the bigger sides in Bosnia, Montengro, Moldova and Latvia due to some better facilities in these places if possible.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - September - November 2015

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Voloshynskyi.jpg

Marinovic.jpg

Graziunas.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Delighted to see us hold our nerve and go up as champions, from mid June onwards we have mostly been superb and have spent the majority of that period in top spot. The top 4 did make it hard for a large part of the season and it was only in August we started to break away from them. The 3 players above were our main contributors I felt even though Voloshynskyi did fade as the season went on but his early form was carrying us at that stage so he still deserves a mention. Marinovic was the opposite and improved as time went on and he kind of took on responsibility when Voloshynskyi's form dropped. Graziunas was consistent all season despite his age so he deserves a big mention too, the problem is he's going to need replacing as I just don't see him being able to handle the step up next year.

I was offered a contract in the end which i've accepted but that doesn't mean I will necessarily start next season in Lithuania, it's more a security thing as I don't want to be spending long periods unemployed and I will certainly be looking for anything that I think is a long term step up even if it is at another 2nd division side. One thing that is in FBK's favour whilst I am here is that there is a good fan base and we were only a few hundred off being the top team in the country for crowds let alone a division so it should be a big help financially for us and while I am still at the club it is in the interests of the long term goal of the save to make this side as big as possible and invest in the right players. I've increased the junior coaching to help the side a little along its way and if money permits i'll try and give the training facilities a bit of a boost as well.

Pity about the mess in Albania. Good in Lithuania even if you're looking to leave already.

Cheers mate. I think part of the reason I don't intend staying long here is because i'd got in to the Elbasani part of the career so quickly and actually wanted to do something with the club. It seemed to have ambition straight away which sucked me in to the club and as I was saying whilst there i'd have happily done 3-5 years there to make my name.

Maybe it's the disappointment of what happened in Albania that makes me feel this way with Kaunas but i've not really settled in here and want something where i'd be happy to do a 5 year spell or so, hence me getting through last season in less than a day and will probably do the same again in the hope a more suitable side comes along. That said while i'm here I do want to do well and certainly won't quit the post before my contract is up but something just doesn't feel right with this club even though everything is potentially there financially and in terms of it being a league where the rules are relaxed to go for a quick title win.

Just did a bit of googling, and Albania is NOT currently part of the EU, which is where the rule bit you. If that is one of the custom leagues you loaded, you can probably just remove that rule. If it is one of the official FM ones it probably should be raised as a bug.

Albania was just confirmed as a candidate country in December of 2013.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Albania_to_the_European_Union

Just did a bit of googling, and Albania is NOT currently part of the EU, which is where the rule bit you. If that is one of the custom leagues you loaded, you can probably just remove that rule. If it is one of the official FM ones it probably should be raised as a bug.

Albania was just confirmed as a candidate country in December of 2013.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Albania_to_the_European_Union

You're right there, thanks. I'm not sure if Albania gets EU status later on in game (pretty sure Serbia got it 2 FM's back when they were a candidate) which would be great for a return if later on. It is kind of my own fault for not checking the rules as I could have changed my transfer strategy in that summer and would have probably managed to get a decent enough side out to play in that division. As it was I thought signing mostly Albanians would be safe :( Really was a shame as I was enjoying the time there.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - March - May 2016

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

It's been a tough start to life in the top flight and I was close to quitting on 3 occasions as it got that bad but my determination not to be unemployed for too long got the better of me. I'm glad I stuck with it as one slight change in the tactic 2-0 down at half time to Dainava moving the MC back to have 2 DM's meant a 2nd half comeback and 2 unexpected wins after that which gives us a base to move on from here.

The DOF was in charge of signings over the pre season, there is a few Africans brought in with potential but don't feel they are worth putting screenshots of up at the minute, in fact with nobody in the squad getting a rating of over 7 i've decided not to even bother with the usual "player of the period" screenie for this update :D

I'm just going to see how this goes at the minute, there has been promising signs recently and in the few games after which i've been playing as I write.

Co-efficients

comps.jpg

A bit hit and miss there, some good rises as you can see. The majority of the nations out shot had little rises though. Unfortunately Lithuania wasn't one as it dropped 9 places to 74th place, though my club rose over 200 places in to the top 250 in the club rankings for some reason.

Tycoon Watch

Bohemians 1905 - Didn't really spend a lot in terms of transfers (£3.1M total and £1.2M on the most expensive player) and finished 9th in the league. They do seem to be improving facilities though.

Former Clubs

Elbasani - Finished a disappointing 5th place really after a bit of promise last year. The job is actually insecure now.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - June - August 2016

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Voloshynskyi.jpg

Managers Thoughts

There has been an improvement in the main, obviously the last 3 games are disappointing but happy we have given ourselves a good chance of finishing the season in a reasonable position, in fact if we weren't down to the bare bones i'd be pretty confident we'd have seen 2 of those games we've just lost out and got 4 points at worst from them.

Voloshynskyi has been the big plus so far this season. At the start he couldn't get in to the side but I gave him a chance when things weren't looking the best for us and he's responded with goals and performances to match which is all I can ask.

We have a semi final to play against against a 2nd division side next month so i'd hope we can at least play in the final with that in mind. It may yet even be a non playable side in the final but at least there has been something to aim for this season other than the league.

140px-FBK-Kaunas.png

FBK Kaunas - September - November 2016

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

final.jpg

finances.jpg

Voloshynskyi.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I have to be pretty happy with how the season went in the end. The main thing was we survived comfortably in the end after a tough start and a few other bad spells in between but in truth the performance levels of the players are some of the worst i've had in FM with only 1 player averaging over 7 in the whole season so a better quality of players in the squad is something that needs to be looked at as soon as our really poor finances allow.

I have signed a new contract for security reasons, something i'd have done even without the cup win, thankfully the board agreed to my junior coaching increase so that's the 3rd since I joined and now they are good which helps the side in the future.

The cup win was a pleasant surprise really, I expected a battering in the final with my 1st choice CB's out through injury, especially with the way the game before it went which was obviously a low point in the season. Despite me moaning about player performances we weren't that far from finishing 4th and if it wasn't for throwing a couple of leads away stupidly (even 2 games out of numerous ones) we would have managed it.

I have no idea what 2017 will bring as I write, i'm going to continue to try and improve this side but if the right move comes then i'll be more than likely leaving.

Yes we were lucky in that game but we had a lot harder run than Suduva did to be fair so we probably deserved a bit of luck :D

I resigned in January and unemployed at the minute, it wasn't a case of my heart not being it though, it was the terrible wage budget we had to work with for the following season, it was absolutely pathetic. It was £10k less a week than the previous year and with a minimum expectation of a Europa spot via the league, when you can only offer 1 new player their asked wages of £2k a week and then get a drop where you can only offer £350 (ish) to anyone else then it was obvious i'd have been struggling to stay in the division again let alone get this side in the top 3/4 with only one addition so I felt I would rather move now than go through the frustrations as £10k is 4/5 players at that level which can make the world of difference, i'd have stayed if the expectation was to only survive as I felt I could do that with this side, possibly even get a place higher than last year.

The summer managerial merry-go-round should see me in employment by the latest, maybe with any luck sooner.

tycoon.jpg

cash.jpg

So the 3rd tycoon in the save comes in Romania, it's too late to save them this year and they will be relegated to the 2nd tier but with that sort of money they could become a decent side if managed right (i'd take the job on no problem tbh :D)

Maybe you should keep an eye open for the opportunity.

The job was insecure but couldn't risk waiting or being turned down and tbh i'm very happy with my new club :)

Szombathelyi_Halad%C3%A1s.png

Chapter III: Szombathelyi Haladás

haladas.jpg

There were offers from teams already in European competition which were tempting but in all honesty I just wasn't really attracted to the other 4 of the 5 job offers I had in the same week as this one. This side was predicted to have finished 5th last season but finished 14th and a point from going down as the goal difference would have been worse than the team below, so I felt something had to be wrong for the season to have gone that badly for them and on closer inspection losing £4M worth of players over the season and being left with an average and in some positions aging squad was the logical answer. Of that £4M, £2.6M was offered to me for a mid table finish and a full month and half before the transfer window opened to change this squad around which sealed the deal for me.

As I touched on the squad was aging and straight away my scouts had 4 players under 23 who were better than we had in those positions and were available on Bosmans out of the 4 I went straight in with contract offers.

Sabic.jpg

Levacic.jpg

Dimitrov.jpg

As the weeks went on more talents came up mostly on frees bar Wroblewski for £155k

Wroblewski.jpg

Hiszpanski.jpg

Petrov.jpg

Savicevic came along mid July as a possible target and couldn't believe my luck when the £350k offer was accepted and he was willing to talk to us for a decent wage. This lad is the best at the club by a long way and is a leading division 1 player according to reports before and after his signing.

Savicevic.jpg

sav_report.jpg

The final incoming is another i'm excited about, again a freebie.

Bogado.jpg

It was a summer of lots of ins and outs which I am sure will affect us for the early part of the season, every position bar goalkeeper has been strengthened and I've managed it whilst making a small profit/lowering the wage bill at the same time so i'm happy with the squad we go in to the season with and there is plenty to spare in both wages and the kitty if the right player becomes available. Goalkeeper is something else I want to look at with the number 1 and 2 being over 30 years old but with so many changes at is in the squad as it is and the way it can take keepers to settle in a new country on FM and the mistakes it can lead to I didn't want to take the risk straight away with it.

transfers.jpg

For the season ahead I don't really have any targets above the mid table i've been set and maybe a good run in one of the cups, this is a team I believe is set up more for next season and beyond because there was something about this club that appealed to me over the other offers where little work would have been needed straight away. I kind of see this as my Elbasani part 2 in many ways and want to establish myself here and make a good young squad and watch them grow for a few years (obviously that didn't happen at Elbasani but if it wasn't for the bug it was my intention to set up this way and do 3-5 years there)

Szombathelyi_Halad%C3%A1s.png

Szombathelyi Haladás - July - August 2017

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I'm pretty happy with the start to the season so far in all honesty, I expected with so many new faces that gelling would be an issue especially in defence to start with and that has obviously happened but there is certainly goals in this side too so that gives us some breathing space while the back 5 get used to each other. Bogdado's start has really surpassed my expectations of him and in 8 in 5 is a brilliant return and hopefully he'll keep it up.

The cups are coming up in September and they are something i'll be aiming to do well in.

There will be more incomings in the next report as i've found 4/5 players that will add a lot to the squad if they sign.

Co-efficients

co_effs.jpg

Again a bit hit and miss, Russia and Ukraine take big steps towards the top 5 which as I discovered last year is something that is hard to break in to no matter how much success you have (It was 2033 ish last year before Russia broke in to it IIRC)

Tycoon Watch

Bohemians 1905 - A slight improvement on last year finishing 7th but it took £4.8M to manage that.

Former Club Watch

Elbasani - They finished 1 place above the relegation zone but 10 points above it to be fair. I was offered the chance to go back before I took the Haladas job on but with the bug I doubt i'll be back in that division any time soon :D

FBK Kaunas - There is still 8 games of the season to go but they are doing reasonably well sitting in 4th spot. They went out of Europe at the first hurdle on away goals. Surprisingly after the amount of time I spent whoring myself out to other clubs i'm still on the favoured personnel list :eek::D

Very excited to see how your new signings develop - please keep us posted :) - good work in Lithuania, especially with that surprise cup win.

Would you jump at the opportunity to manage a tycoon club or is it something you'd stay away from until later?

As last year, really enjoying this :thup:

Very excited to see how your new signings develop - please keep us posted :) - good work in Lithuania, especially with that surprise cup win.

Would you jump at the opportunity to manage a tycoon club or is it something you'd stay away from until later?

As last year, really enjoying this :thup:

Cheers mate :) Lithuania was a strange experience for me, I did a decent job there getting promotion, the cup win and survival but I just didn't want to be there at that moment in time. That was down to how Albania went though because I was really enjoying it there and i'd still be there this season if it wasn't for the bug :( Thankfully i'm now at a club i'm really excited about, the quality of players they lost last season really hit them and I know by signing a lot of players quickly it could be seen as a quick fix but it isn't really IMO, the money is poor in Hungary and i'd rather spend it on improving the team now than risk have the board reduce the kitty at some point. As you can see by the amount of goals at both ends this is a transition period for the club so really the signings are next years in some ways as that's when I expect them to do better, especially at the back.

As for managing a tycoon club i've always been one to spend cheaply on kids and build that way so that is my preference but if a chance came along in a nation below the top 40 then i'd take it but use the same policy but maybe spend at a higher level. For instance I really want a crack in Georgia after Hungary, if an opportunity like that happened i'd be straight there.

Speaking of tycoons :D

tycoon.jpg

ibar.jpg

This is an interesting one and one at the sort of level I was just talking about.

Archived