Selling players

makes me laugh people standing up for FM so much... its obvious things are not quite right. things have never been....not being able to sell players cos they've only recently arrived being a prime example. having major interested clubs wanting a player but then when I offer out they don't bid (even for free) is just bizarre....

why on earth you cant set a player unavailable I don't know.

I think how you now negotiate is much better but instead of clubs cancelling transfers so much they should do more non-negotiable... maybe even start with them more..... always seem to do them when players get offered but when not listed/offered ive never had a non-negotiable

Why should they make a bid just because they have some interest?

I usually have around 3,000 players on my shortlist, I'll be listed as interested on all their transfer screens, do I make a bid on everyone that is offered out?

Bottom line is other clubs don't make bids for a few reasons:

A) Your database is too big and the market is flooded

B) The teams don't need the player, they have other options

C) They can't afford the transfer fee or wages of the player

D) They don't think the player would join them due to their rep or the league rep

Why should they make a bid just because they have some interest?

I usually have around 3,000 players on my shortlist, I'll be listed as interested on all their transfer screens, do I make a bid on everyone that is offered out?

Bottom line is other clubs don't make bids for a few reasons:

D) They don't think the player would join them due to their rep or the league rep

Once again cougar you are jumping to the defence of the game and arguing your own point because :

A) You don't read other peoples posts properly

B) You don't read other peoples posts properly

C) You don't read other peoples posts properly

D) You don't read other peoples posts properly

I'm not expecting to be able to sell every player, but 99% of the time you either get a bid or a response in your news telling you something along the lines of no offers received, not viable due to wages, not value for money etc etc. My issue is on some occasions you get nothing back, not a single news item.

We are playing a hugely complex piece of software that basically runs reports on a large database. Sometimes those reports don't work as they should, hence the patches that come out through the year.

So, when I offer a player out, the game goes off and runs a query to see if any other clubs in the database want to make a bid. The likelihood of this is that the response to that query should appear in your news as either a bid or a declination. I very much doubt SI have used the famous random number generator to decide whether that query should get a response or not.

This game like most others, is about inputs and outputs, I expect that when I input a query it should output a response.

Once again cougar you are jumping to the defence of the game and arguing your own point because :

A) You don't read other peoples posts properly

B) You don't read other peoples posts properly

C) You don't read other peoples posts properly

D) You don't read other peoples posts properly

I'm not expecting to be able to sell every player, but 99% of the time you either get a bid or a response in your news telling you something along the lines of no offers received, not viable due to wages, not value for money etc etc. My issue is on some occasions you get nothing back, not a single news item.

We are playing a hugely complex piece of software that basically runs reports on a large database. Sometimes those reports don't work as they should, hence the patches that come out through the year.

So, when I offer a player out, the game goes off and runs a query to see if any other clubs in the database want to make a bid. The likelihood of this is that the response to that query should appear in your news as either a bid or a declination. I very much doubt SI have used the famous random number generator to decide whether that query should get a response or not.

This game like most others, is about inputs and outputs, I expect that when I input a query it should output a response.

I think you'll find I did read your post properly so don't get all high & mighty!

You stated despite there being interest in a player when you offered them out no-one made a bid.

I gave you the main reasons why other teams don't make bids.

In terms of feedback sometimes you get feedback in a news item, sometimes you don't. If that was the main point of your previous post you should have made it clearer.

You just need to do a long term save to see AI controlled clubs buy less and less players. In fact, move the game on 20 or so seasons and some clubs, in playable leagues, are struggling to put full teams out. No study required, no bug involved, just not enough transfer activity across the board.

The very top clubs simply don't buy half decent players, they buy on CA and PA alone. Good in the beginning, spoils things in the long term when there's less world beaters around. The AI just goes without and in turn this has an impact on the game. It's why things become ridiculously easy after awhile. This isn't just a FM14 issue, it's happened since CM.

Do we have any actual data showing this as a fact? I'm sure there's several 10-20 year games being done, do they all suffer from this issue?

I'm wondering, because I'd really like to do a journeyman save or a save where I holiday through the first 4-5 seasons or so and then find a relegated/underperforming club, as I prefer the game once all the well-known youngsters are replaced by newgens.

I think you'll find I did read your post properly so don't get all high & mighty!

You stated despite there being interest in a player when you offered them out no-one made a bid.

I gave you the main reasons why other teams don't make bids.

In terms of feedback sometimes you get feedback in a news item, sometimes you don't. If that was the main point of your previous post you should have made it clearer.

Actually, you gave the poster real life reasons why it doesn't appear, not FM2014 reasons. If you spent less time replying to as many posts as possible defending the game, the game itself might actually improve more quickly.

The guy posted a valid query, and was jumped upon just 32 minutes later... and with no basic reference to certain knowledge on the game. It isn't helpful, and was possibly giving incorrect information. All, apparently, in the major desperation of saying it isn't an issue... as ever.

Actually, you gave the poster real life reasons why it doesn't appear, not FM2014 reasons. If you spent less time replying to as many posts as possible defending the game, the game itself might actually improve more quickly.

The guy posted a valid query, and was jumped upon just 32 minutes later... and with no basic reference to certain knowledge on the game. It isn't helpful, and was possibly giving incorrect information. All, apparently, in the major desperation of saying it isn't an issue... as ever.

Reason why I neve rpost on here, its pointless and SI should sort it. They have provided a game and people have genuine questions or issues and if it does not give a positive glow on the game you get Moderators, who should be the face of SI, jumping down your neck or closing your posts, or you get the SI butt lickers, looking for some sort of higher grace for protecting the game fulls top.

THE GAME IS NOT PERFECT and in nay walk of life and business, without taking critisism as constructive, it will never improve, but I am afraid the forums are full of noobs so it will never improve. Im surprised people actually bother

Cougar gave some food for thought advice that applies to real life and FM14. It's up to the person he responded to, to take the advice onboard or not. Please don't jump on other users and their posting styles. Regardless of the advice given, SI is always looking to improve every aspect of the game.

Anthony Knockaert has been good for my Napoli side. Netting 20 league goals in two seasons. This season I decide to sell him.

I originally bought him for £8.5m and there were clubs interested in him. His value has dropped to £4.7m and the best offer I've received is £2.6m :D

Also can't sell Higuain for as little as £7.5m after he's scored 20+ goals every season for three seasons :D :D it really is starting to ruin my game.

Cougar gave some food for thought advice that applies to real life and FM14. It's up to the person he responded to, to take the advice onboard or not. Please don't jump on other users and their posting styles. Regardless of the advice given, SI is always looking to improve every aspect of the game.

I was offering an opinion on a reply that is just assumption the game is the same as real life. As a public forum for registered users, and as I wasn't being rude, I would have thought the exchanging of ideas was the whole point of being part of that forum and trying to ensure correct answers are given is also important (the job for Mods, perhaps?)

It may have been food for thought, but real life is not always reflected in FM (it is a computer game, after all), so vocalising the point, seeing if others have that issue, finding many do (I know I have the same issue), and then armed with that knowledge referring to the bug forum seems like a great use of this forum. As a member of the forum, if I'm not allowed to politely respond to others posts, what are we doing here exactly?

I'll be frank, if a moderator, I would be looking to cultivate that kind of thought process, not passively accepting the regiment of 'FM defenders' that post on these forums every single day defending anything 'Football Manager'. It is great that people love the game so much, but why the hell do they think people are willing to take time to post about potential issues? Because they love the game as well, perhaps? Because they would like areas improved?

There are some areas where people inanely moan without foundation, and they need guiding, but too often there are people defending the game with nothing but their FM bible to metaphorically slap people round the head with. I understand the fact this is a pro-FM forum (it's why we are here, after all), but the moderating should apply to the rose-tinted as well as the overtly negative.

No one suggested SI aren't looking to improve the game, to not do so would be poor business management and counter productive, but thanks for that info.

I'm not here to take sides. If you don't agree with what Cougar posted, that's fine. Discuss it and give your opinions. I asked politely that you don't jump on him or his posting style. Don't drag this out here any further. If you have a problem with my post, you can report it and it will be evaluated by the other mods.

Having said that, I do miss the news items that gave me reasons as to why the clubs don't want to make an offer. Has it been removed completely?

No, I gave FM14 reasons why a club may not make an offer and thats based on 20 years of experience of playing CM/FM and reading the forums.

If you don't like the reasons thats fine but don't bitch because others offer advice.

Guys, to get a decent bid for a player you have to reject 8-10 bids from the same club.

I've ended at 50-100% over the listed value for a player by rejecting bids.

This is of course not true for unwanted/listed players, they take a massive hit in value by the AI for that and that's part of the buy/sell challenge of the game.

thanks for the reply cougar

"Bottom line is other clubs don't make bids for a few reasons:

D) They don't think the player would join them due to their rep or the league rep "

A few questions tho... why would a team that has major interest in a player then be not interested whatsoever once listed.

For a team to be interested obviously a few things need to included, i.e. player wanting/willing to go to the club. club able to pay the wages, club able to pay transfer fee.

Now, working with averages, IMO if an unlisted player valued at 1m on 10k a week has major interest in him, then the buying club is gonna expect to pay 2m-2.5m and 15-20k. Obviously this is going to vary depending on club rep, player rep, contract value and importance to clubs.

A club should have major interest based on them terms.

If said player is then listed for free. IMO This saves them 2m and player will prob accept 12k BARGAIN.

Why would a team ever turn that offer down if they had major interest in the first place!

One more thing.... Database is too big so market is flooded... fair point as too many players per club... little ironic when im forever seeing transfer issues down to database too small and clubs not buying players

Guys, to get a decent bid for a player you have to reject 8-10 bids from the same club.

I've ended at 50-100% over the listed value for a player by rejecting bids.

This is of course not true for unwanted/listed players, they take a massive hit in value by the AI for that and that's part of the buy/sell challenge of the game.

I do wish completely false statements like this would get deleted by mods as it gives other posters wrong info parading as 'fact' - when it is nothing of the sort.

Yes - there are times when you can't sell a player (I have this at the moment with Jack Collison who I've been trying to get rid of for a year)

But at other times you get the following:

I just had Arsenal offer to buy Jack Grealish from me (value £4.6m) - can't actually remember their original offer (think it was about £3m), but I negotiated STRAIGHT AWAY to £30m - and they accepted STRAIGHT AWAY. Shame they couldn't then agree a contract with him, but I then noticed that Liverpool were listed as interested - so I offered him out at £30m. They came back at £17m and the deal was done. So an easy sale at 4 times his value, having also had a bid of 6.5 times his value.

No transfer listing, no major negotiating or rejecting of bids.

Ditto with a regen DM - valued at £3.6m - Stuttgart came in at that price with an offer, a couple of rounds of negotiating later and I sell him for £11m.

It really is simple economics - if they want to buy and you don't MIND selling (at the right price) - then you will be able to get a decent deal done (as they are the ones who are in the postion of NEEDING to buy that player - so you are in control of the deal). If you are desperate to sell - then why would they give you a good price? (as you are now in the position of NEEDING (wanting) to sell - so they are in control)

I do wish completely false statements like this would get deleted by mods as it gives other posters wrong info parading as 'fact' - when it is nothing of the sort.

Are you drunk or do you have trouble reading, we are saying PRECISELY the same thing in our two post.

No we are not - you might have INTENDED to mean what I put - but you actually put nearly the opposite - you put that it takes lots of bids to get a decent bid (above value) - and my reply was to say that no it does not - you can get GREAT bids immediately (without having to reject loads of rubbish ones).

So lose the personal insults next time.

No we are not - you might have INTENDED to mean what I put - but you actually put nearly the opposite - you put that it takes lots of bids to get a decent bid (above value) - and my reply was to say that no it does not - you can get GREAT bids immediately (without having to reject loads of rubbish ones).

So lose the personal insults next time.

Get real, whatever you do it in one bidding sessions or multiple is the same difference.

Get real, whatever you do it in one bidding sessions or multiple is the same difference.

Yeah, it's called negotiating. I do it ALWAYS - I never accept the first bid unless I REALLY just want to get rid of a player.

Just like with contract negotiations, I will NEVER just accept any old contract request from a player/staff - I'll always try to lower it as much as I possibly can.

You may not enjoy that part of the game, but it's there, and it works.

I agree selling players is pretty hard, but lately I have seemed to have had a bit of success selling players by doing this - find the player you want to sell, instead of transfer listing him put him on the loan list. He will then want to have a chat so have the chat he's leaving an that's that. I usually wait a day then offer him out on loan, then once you get loan bids go to the transfer centre and negotiate the offer, change the loan offer to the transfer offer and select how much you want to sell for an click negotiate.

It doesn't always work but I have had more success selling players this way than transfer listing them, it's worth a shot anyway.

I have been frustrated many times when trying to sell a player, but I feel it is a real life issue with my local club, who play in the Championship in England, we have not 'sold' any of back up players, whom won promotion last season. Our squad was / is far too big and we tried to trim the wage bill to bring people in. Players went out on loan, with a future fee, some went on free and some had their contracts terminated, I don't think we have has a transfer fee for any of the seven or so players that have gone. One went to the Eredivisie!

I know many gamers hate it, but transfers now are rarely, if at all up front. Asking for big bucks up front will be rare and very lucky. It is about being clever with add ons and I'm sure many clubs are willing to negotiate more. I had a player on one of my games who was worth £3m. I tried to sell him to get him off the wage bill and had some low bids. With a bit of negotiating, I accepted 1.5 million up front with £2m over 18 months and a small sell on % of transfer. I've managed to get more than I have wanted doing it this way and feel that it's quite valid seeing as my real life side are struggling to do the same.

Wages unfortunately have an impact too, with the wages per week aspect of the game. If Ronaldo was available and Barcelona had £50m to spend but only space for £20k p/week transfers would this affect them buying him? I'd assume so.

I'm not sure if there is an issue and I have had mixed results and couldn't say either way, however, I'm definitely more understanding now I've experienced it in real life.

I have no problem in it being hard to sell my players for value and only getting the odd high bid for a player not listed.

The issue I have with this is, is that it really should be the same for me as a buying club - ie: I should 90% of the time put in bids lower than value despite the player not being listed (like the AI does to me). The problem is that if I did this, I would never be able to buy a player.

I have found I have always have to pay over the odds for a player from the AI - every player I buy, the AI will not accept less than double the players value, despite several negotiations with the AI.

I have no issues in paying over the odds for a player I want, but that is never the same as a selling club - any bid I get is generally lower than value and if I held out for a higher bid I would never be able to sell the player.

The issue I have with this is, is that it really should be the same for me as a buying club

Just accept that the AI has an advantage in transfers (and contract negotiations) when dealing with you. It's a way to help balance the game. It would be trivial to build a world-class squad on the cheap otherwise (and it's pretty easy now). You can still find good deals, but you have to be patient. Just yesterday I found an 18 year old prospect transfer listed at Montpellier for $775K, and he was easily worth $5M+.

Just accept that the AI has an advantage in transfers (and contract negotiations) when dealing with you. It's a way to help balance the game. It would be trivial to build a world-class squad on the cheap otherwise (and it's pretty easy now). You can still find good deals, but you have to be patient. Just yesterday I found an 18 year old prospect transfer listed at Montpellier for $775K, and he was easily worth $5M+.

I sold a player worth £40k for £500k to an AI club. I'm getting most of it in installments over 24 months, but it's still a good deal!

I have no problem in it being hard to sell my players for value and only getting the odd high bid for a player not listed.

The issue I have with this is, is that it really should be the same for me as a buying club - ie: I should 90% of the time put in bids lower than value despite the player not being listed (like the AI does to me). The problem is that if I did this, I would never be able to buy a player.

I have found I have always have to pay over the odds for a player from the AI - every player I buy, the AI will not accept less than double the players value, despite several negotiations with the AI.

I have no issues in paying over the odds for a player I want, but that is never the same as a selling club - any bid I get is generally lower than value and if I held out for a higher bid I would never be able to sell the player.

But you can't really say it's unfair as you aren't comparing equal things. The players you are selling, you don't want and the buying clubs know this and so are trying their chances at saving money. Players you're bidding for, if they aren't transfer listed by the club (player request doesn't really count) or on a short contract, you should expect to pay more. I have NEVER paid more than 50% of value for a player who's been listed by a club.

• SI Staff
I just sold Gonzalo Higuain at the age of 29 for a massive...wait for it...£100k

Ridiculous

Would be very interested in having a look at your save. Do you have a save from before you sold Higuain?

Would be happy to look at your current save too.

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

My opinion about the transfermarket is that it is broken in many parts and some parts are working fine. The negotiation for transferbids with AI is broken and needs a fix. We got a "LIVE" contract-deal for FM14, "LIVE" applying for job, but we didnt get a ALIVE negotiation for the bids. Its always "Take it or leave it" I also get a ridiculous bid for 28months or 12 months that can be 1/20 or so of his value. I started up a save with Arsenal now, with most major leagues with 2 or more divisions (total of 16 nations in Europe and Brazil) making it 28 leagues on a medium databas.

Having that said, Ive tried different approaches of selling good players from first team from Arsenal. Offering out a rather half-decent player like Jack Wilshere with a value of 25 mil pund for 0 punds straight away gives on 2 different saves 2 clubs some eyebrows up "Hmm maybe We will sign him" ... Clubs? Everton could be a decent helper and take Jack from me. And the other save it was Liverpool. I know some will argue that it is that some clubs have same player style as Wilshere and doesnt need him, some clubs wont even flirt with Jack as Im guessing he could be rather picky of clubs having to leave Arsenal as that is HIS CLUB. But seriously? One club each on each save? For 0 punds? He is on a 80k pund a week. Top clubs on every topleague would be at least with a minor interest, with a HOPE of maybe THEY can lure him away, with a highend salary. No? Or shall we argue that clubs arent interested due to the fact that he is listed for 0 punds "Hey guys, dont try to take Jack Wilshere away from Arsenal for 0 punds, must be something wrong with him" The fact that some people argue that he loves his club and wont go to another club? He has just been auctioned out for 0 punds, 0 euroes, 0 dollars! He should be MAD. "WHY ARE YOU TRING TO FORCE ME OUT?!?!?!" no? Nothing!

Could it be due to the fact that Ive just started up the save, and with that Wilshere stats are set to 0. Nobody knows how decent of a footballplayer he is. Everton and Liverpool are just hoping for the best, after all, he is for free(besides the agents fee and sign-ons for Jack would probably be SUPER-DUPER-High)

Anyways, IVe uploaded the 2 saves, One where I randomly try to load of every good players on the Arsenal team with different ways and gets a half decent bid for Giroud (not his value of course).. "wtfsi2" and "wtfsi3" ..and hmm for explain its "What transfer fee SI?" and nothing else.

Cheers and hopes for a patch soon or an explanation so you can sort what I did wrong for not being able to sell players for free.

Btw, Jack Wilshere returned with a "No, I wont go to Everton due to a not acceptable salary and a low agent fee" Would be nice to able to find out what they offered him.

Would be very interested in having a look at your save. Do you have a save from before you sold Higuain?

Would be happy to look at your current save too.

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

No problem, will do this at the weekend :thup:

Don't think I've got one from before the sale but will check.

My opinion about the transfermarket is that it is broken in many parts and some parts are working fine. The negotiation for transferbids with AI is broken and needs a fix. We got a "LIVE" contract-deal for FM14, "LIVE" applying for job, but we didnt get a ALIVE negotiation for the bids. Its always "Take it or leave it" I also get a ridiculous bid for 28months or 12 months that can be 1/20 or so of his value. I started up a save with Arsenal now, with most major leagues with 2 or more divisions (total of 16 nations in Europe and Brazil) making it 28 leagues on a medium databas.

Having that said, Ive tried different approaches of selling good players from first team from Arsenal. Offering out a rather half-decent player like Jack Wilshere with a value of 25 mil pund for 0 punds straight away gives on 2 different saves 2 clubs some eyebrows up "Hmm maybe We will sign him" ... Clubs? Everton could be a decent helper and take Jack from me. And the other save it was Liverpool. I know some will argue that it is that some clubs have same player style as Wilshere and doesnt need him, some clubs wont even flirt with Jack as Im guessing he could be rather picky of clubs having to leave Arsenal as that is HIS CLUB. But seriously? One club each on each save? For 0 punds? He is on a 80k pund a week. Top clubs on every topleague would be at least with a minor interest, with a HOPE of maybe THEY can lure him away, with a highend salary. No? Or shall we argue that clubs arent interested due to the fact that he is listed for 0 punds "Hey guys, dont try to take Jack Wilshere away from Arsenal for 0 punds, must be something wrong with him" The fact that some people argue that he loves his club and wont go to another club? He has just been auctioned out for 0 punds, 0 euroes, 0 dollars! He should be MAD. "WHY ARE YOU TRING TO FORCE ME OUT?!?!?!" no? Nothing!

Could it be due to the fact that Ive just started up the save, and with that Wilshere stats are set to 0. Nobody knows how decent of a footballplayer he is. Everton and Liverpool are just hoping for the best, after all, he is for free(besides the agents fee and sign-ons for Jack would probably be SUPER-DUPER-High)

Anyways, IVe uploaded the 2 saves, One where I randomly try to load of every good players on the Arsenal team with different ways and gets a half decent bid for Giroud (not his value of course).. "wtfsi2" and "wtfsi3" ..and hmm for explain its "What transfer fee SI?" and nothing else.

Cheers and hopes for a patch soon or an explanation so you can sort what I did wrong for not being able to sell players for free.

Btw, Jack Wilshere returned with a "No, I wont go to Everton due to a not acceptable salary and a low agent fee" Would be nice to able to find out what they offered him.

You do realize that in the first season all clubs start with little to no money for transfers and wages? Holiday for 3-4 seasons and try the same. I'm sure you'll see something very different.

It's pretty rare to be able to do that. Most of the transfer listed players that I see are listed for pretty close to, or even more than, their "Value".

Please note, I didn't they were listed at less than 50%. If you find players that are listed by the club, start with a low, but reasonable bid. I usually start at around a 3rd of their value (or even less if I can't afford too much on them) and with nearly all listed players (that I've tried to purchase) will negotiate from there. The only exceptions, as I said before, are if a player asks to be listed. In these instances the club will quite often hold out for near the players value, or more even.

Eple. I do realize that. I do also realize when Im offering a player for 0 transferfee there should be more interest than just 1 team(1 on each save) no matter how few clubs with money for transfer or wages are. If the clubs doesnt become interested in a free player of Jack Wilsheres stature, then something is broken. And if clubs arent becoming interested there is obviously not coming any bids.

Set aside as I think i said, that just one piece that is broken. Negotiation is broken. Either take it or leave it bid or same offering bid value 3-5 times in a row.. or as I have experienced, getting an insult value for 12 months as an additional fee.

Its not just being able to getting money up front. I dont mind recieving an offer for 48months for the value of the player or a bit less... but as I as well as lots of people experience, we dont get any bids.

To an extent I agree. There should be some interest, but the way the game is set it just doesn't seem to work out. For two reasons. AI clubs only buy players they need, and in the first window there is a sort of equilibrium. Secondly free is not free. That's not how the game work it out these days. Wilshere on let say 100k with 10k apps & 3k sub fee. Then you can probably add £4m for signing fees. I don't have the game in front of me but I'm guessing that an outlay of over £8m in the first year, and in this years game that comes out of the transfer budget.

When you play the game for more than just a few seasons the transfer market really comes alive, compared to the first season.

As far the other part you mention I can honestly say I have not seen a single example of that in the latest patch. Clubs come in for my players and usually, if the player is a first team or key member, the offer is above the value and often I can negotiate it to be a lot more. Maybe it's down to leagues loaded, or it's a specific situation re: the club that I haven't seen. I don't know.

A couple of examples in my latest Forest Green save

I signed a Croatian midfielder for £250k while I was in the Championsship. At the start of his fourth season he is valued around £8m. I have set his asking price to £23m. Udinese, who is a tycoon owned club on my game, comes in with a bid around £20m. After suggesting terms and going back and fourth they agree to £36m.

The year later Arsenal bid for my portugese midfielder valued at £13.25m, asking price at £30m. Doing the same routine I eventually get £20m upfront and £20m over 36 months.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you as well to an extent. I know well of the signing of players (even when offering out for 0 in transfers fee) doesnt come free due to sign-on-bonus and agents fee and all that. Even so there should be a dousin major interests from different clubs in Europe and alot of minor interests even if they might not afford to persuade Jack to come within reasonable salary and other fees. Not all interested clubs will make a bid im full aware of that. Still the remarkable lack of interest of a "free" player is outrageous as of the player stature of Jack. The market does evolve with a few seasons I do give you that too.

Im glad for your sake that you havent seen a single example of the other stuff. Ive been playing this game every year with 1300 hours on each game, and for every new game there is always more bugs and fixes that just makes me more and more certain, "never again will I give SI money for the next FM". Many gamers in here think that SI is doing us a favour with the patches and we should be thankful. Still they give us a broken game every time. Nough about that or Ill get my reply in here banned or removed.

The leagues that are loaded are plenty enough to get bids and interest from clubs on a free player, doesnt matter if they already have a certain player with same poss. If a great player is offered for free like Jack Wilshere IRL Im sure scouts and agents for clubs wouldnt give Arsenal or Jack a single free minut of his time. IRL compared to the game? Well this game becomes more and more close to the real world so why would that be any different.

The broken transfermarket is reflected on the lack when trying to buy a player with a significant low transfer fee compared to what you do have to offer.

Again, Im full aware of that not all people agrees with me or with fully with you eple.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you as well to an extent. I know well of the signing of players (even when offering out for 0 in transfers fee) doesnt come free due to sign-on-bonus and agents fee and all that. Even so there should be a dousin major interests from different clubs in Europe and alot of minor interests even if they might not afford to persuade Jack to come within reasonable salary and other fees. Not all interested clubs will make a bid im full aware of that. Still the remarkable lack of interest of a "free" player is outrageous as of the player stature of Jack. The market does evolve with a few seasons I do give you that too.

Im glad for your sake that you havent seen a single example of the other stuff. Ive been playing this game every year with 1300 hours on each game, and for every new game there is always more bugs and fixes that just makes me more and more certain, "never again will I give SI money for the next FM". Many gamers in here think that SI is doing us a favour with the patches and we should be thankful. Still they give us a broken game every time. Nough about that or Ill get my reply in here banned or removed.

The leagues that are loaded are plenty enough to get bids and interest from clubs on a free player, doesnt matter if they already have a certain player with same poss. If a great player is offered for free like Jack Wilshere IRL Im sure scouts and agents for clubs wouldnt give Arsenal or Jack a single free minut of his time. IRL compared to the game? Well this game becomes more and more close to the real world so why would that be any different.

The broken transfermarket is reflected on the lack when trying to buy a player with a significant low transfer fee compared to what you do have to offer.

Again, Im full aware of that not all people agrees with me or with fully with you eple.

There are a few reasons why you don't get many offers.

First off a lot of background work on transfers is done behind the scenes so users aren't bombarded with offers all the time, clubs only make offers when they feel they have a realistic chance of signing a player. Moving on from that the rep system used in FM means clubs of a lower rep than your team/player or playing in a lower rep league are less likely to make an offer. This immediately takes out a significant amount of clubs reducing the number who feel they stand a realistic chance of signing them to a fairly minimal amount (Maybe 10-20 at most).

Then we move on rivals and other teams who play in the same country, again although not a fixed barrier its much less likely that a club in the same league feel they can sign that level of player from you.

Now we have got to a point where we can discuss money, transfer fees, agents fees, wages. Again if a club doesn't feel they can afford any one of these they won't make an offer.

Finally we talk squads, at the start of the game summer transfers have already taken place and money spent which leaves a lot of clubs in limbo which leads to an odd transfer window, trying to sell a player in future windows where the save has progressed more naturally without RL interfering will work better. Again clubs won't make an offer if they feel they have enough cover for that position of a similar quality which a lot of clubs will have at the start of the game.

Selling a quality player is therefore never going to be easy, especially in the first transfer window but you are then taking a situation and inputting something into the system which the game isn't coded to deal with - Offering a quality player out for nothing.

Some users are then using these "Out of Scope" examples as why the transfer market is broken when in fact it just shows a lack of understanding on the users behalf.

Is the transfer market perfect? No

Can it be improved? yes

Do we want SI to waste time coding for extreme situations that some users manufacture that aren't relevant to a standard save? Personally no, I would rather SI concentrated on revising and tweaking the transfer/rep/rivals coding to improve the normal transfer situations.

I dont mind if you consider me with a "lack of understanding" on how the transfermarket works on FM, I clearly see that you got all figured out. As well its obviously my fault as I manufacture the problems myself.

Background work on transfers behind scenes? On FM or in IRL? First off, getting no bids is one thing. Getting none interest of a free player is another. 10-20 clubs that have significantly higher reputation than Arsenal is a little of understatement. But im sure you can tell me exactly what clubs that has same reputation or higher than Arsenal as its only 10 or 20.

Im glad that you inform me about the transfer fees and agents fees as I didnt know that. Same goes with transfermarket with a few seasons in. Cheers!

Are you serious? A situation that the game isnt coded to deal with? You know that for a fact? Cougar, ARE YOU MILES? You can tell me. I wont tell. Extreme situations? YES I WANT them to WASTE time coding so we can let players go without any transfer fee IF WE feel like it. If you dont, fine, But I want to. Being able to let a player go to release wagebudget are relevant to a standard save. Even though you reckon I dont know dip.

I'd love to give Rio Ferdidand away...or even loan him out for a percentage of his wages. He might not be the perfect example given he's been at Man Unt so long and he would probably only consider a handful of clubs to join, but wouldn't there at least be interest? You know, the "wnt" next to his name? A journalist asking me about it? Something!?

Gerhard, the other users here are giving you advice/feedback/explanations on how they see things. You're free to agree or disagree. You're welcome to can discuss the topic to death here. This is a discussion forum, but lose the sarcastic tone. You'll only antagonise everyone and I'll have to lock the thread.

Archived