Sports Interactive Community
Lower Leagues Rule

[FM14] Tales of a Wandering Kiwi

Disappointing end in Romania but good to see things going strongly so far at Nordvest.

Was pretty gutted to leave Sportul like that, but guess that is Football Management. A very pleasing start at Nordvest, also adding my 3rd different nation, and my 3rd different language here.

Have also added in the leagues of Czech Rep & Slovakia for some future locations.

The Wandering Kiwi

Club 3: Nordvest

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2016/17

Preseason Update

July 30th 2016

The SigningsAn attempt to strengthen the squad all over the park, but also ensure that we didn't go too far over the wage budget, as such I chased a lot of back-ups on non-contracts as this meant more clearance for signing the starters to longer contracts as I signed mostly younger guys with potential. The final nail in the plan for this season was an extension to our best defender which saw him cut his pay for this season to 400p/w and extend for next season as well.

Full Transfer List

Patrick Kongsted (DC) - Signed mainly as cover in case I had to sell Johannesen, will provide solid cover in front of our youngsters

Jimmy Dam (AML) - Cover on a Non-contract

Casper Stӕ[/url]hr (DR) - Cover for right back, another non-contract.

Michael Schmidt (GK) - Goalkeeper cover/Non-contract

Nico Jørgensen (AMR) - Right wing cover, non-contract

Aske Holm (MC) - Non-contract cover.

Mikkel Desler (MC) - Non-contract cover, might try to sign him permanently

Jarl Greve (MC) - Non-contract cover

Jonas Juhler-Nøttrup (MC) - Non-contract cover

Rasmus Lindhardt (AML) - My new starter as the last guy wanted to leave and had a big contract.

Nicolai Jørgensen (GK) - Our new starting goalkeeper, not quite as good as last one.

Jasin Khayat (AMR) - Will start on the right wing, left footed could be great cutting inside.

Tim Jensen (DM) - Signed on loan to cover DM.

The Friendlies

Fixtures

Not even really worth mentioning, only 15 days to really stage them in, I played three games to get the players fit again.

First Eleven?

FirstXI.png

Just the three changes from last season with Jorgensen, Khayat & Lindhardt coming in. Hopefully this group can stick through the season, I might need another centre back as Mikkelsen is 36, and Bagge at 31 isn't far from leaving my squad too.

Wow up to our first Cup match, and the bench for the Cup is GK +3, man that is tough, so one DRC, one DM/MC and final sub is a AMRLC/ST, lose more than one at a position and it starts to get a bit hairy. Also Mikkelsen has been subbed for Kongsted for my team going forward, at 36 his fitness is an issue.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2017/17

Early Spurts Update

September 1st 2016

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

Not the worst start to the season, very gutted with my home performances though. Am hoping that the team starts to gel a bit better as I am pretty sure we are much better than we are currently performing, our goalie is not yet up to scratch and that is having an effect, though we are not scoring enough either. A good first win against Middelfart was followed by a gutting loss to our rival at home, our second rival game against Svebolle saw us dominate the whole fixture only to allow a tying goal. We then travelled to a top team as we went to Aarhus Fremad, we twice let them back into the game, but in the end our attack was too much for them and we ran away 4-2 winners. The game against Nykobing was very disappointing, we were trying a new 4-5-1 (DM moved to AM) formation, but it seemed the gap between our back four and midfield was too easy to exploit. We had the most possession, the most shots on goal, but just couldn't finish in the game, so maybe it is a case of growing into the formation and seeing what happens.

Table

Table.png

I have to say after early indications I am very disappointed to be sitting only 8th in the league table, though to still be Top Half even though the team has let me down is actually reasonably good, we can build from here.

The Cup

Fixtures

Cup Fixtures.png

First up was a very easy away win at Vejgaard, Pedersen was the man of the match, and then we travelled to Roskilde for our 2nd round match, a win here would see us through to the third round and also meeting board expectations, somehow we let them score and never got control of the game until early in extra time, but those two goals made it our game. Through to a meeting with B1908 who we haven't lost to in 4 meetings. Looking forward to getting to the 4th rounf here if possible.

Players

Player of the Month: Jasin Khayat (AMR) - 7 Apps, 5G, 2A, AvgR: 7.34 - A great stat line from early stages of the season Khayat is definitely a player to watch, does some excellent stuff cutting in on the right wing and scoring with his predominant left foot. Almost the ideal Inside Forward in my formation. Especially if I can get the AM version to work.

Player Stats

Players.png

Attack looks good, but our problem is at the back, my defenders just haven't been up to par yet, though Raadmand has only recently joined the team and will need some more games to get on top of his role. I am confident that he is the right signing for the position and will end up helping us shore up the defence.

What's Next?

From here I need to build a better set of performances in the months to come. A couple more wins would see us shoot up the table, and the board seem reasonably happy with my performance so far as well. Annoyed that they are pissed about Sommergard leaving, he wouldn't agree to a new contract what was I supposed to do?

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2017/17

A Month of it Update

October 1st 2016

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

A great month in the league, was very happy with our trip to Sydvest, a very nice 2-1 win, we came home and got the same result against Varde IF, was a very good game, and then the trip to Skanderborg was even better as we kept our first league clean sheet of the season. Though somehow we slipped up by forgetting to score when Viby came to town, they scored an incredible Free Kick goal, and we couldn't answer it.

Table

Table.png

We spent most of the month in 5th, but a slip-up against Viby saw us slide back to 6th, amazingly tight league though as we are only 3pts off top spot and well in the hunt for this season.

The Cup

Fixtures

Cup Fixtures.png

I thought we had a pretty good game against B 1908 in the 3rd Round, that put us through to the fourth round and expectations had been exceeded. THough our draw could be massive, we face FC Kobenhavn in the 4th round, at our place, if we can sell out 10,000 seats it could be a huge money spinner for the team.

Players

Player of the Month: Morten Pedersen (AMC) - 5 Apps, 3G, 1A, AvgR: 7.28 - A great month from Morten, especially with the move to AMC in our new formation.

Player Stats

Players.png

Our defence has improved this month, much better than the previous one, though we had a few issues up front. Am looking forward to seeing this team grow and see what they can do.

What's Next?

Six league fixtures left until the Winter Break, hopefully use them to climb up the table, and in that run of games we also come across the might over Kobenhavn. But up first is my 100th game as a Football Manager.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Heading to the Break Update

November 7th 2016

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

Very disappointed with that month, I had my 100th game in management against Skive at the start and lost 1-0, bit of a disaster and then if just struggled along we went 2-2-2 which seems like a prett average effort, I know the team is better than that and we will have to prove it in the new season, now sitting in 6th place and 8pts off the top.

Table

Table.png

Dropped to 6th, not good enough, we are a top 4 team.

The Cup

Fixtures

Cup Fixtures.png

Well in the end I was delighted with the Kobenhavn game, 2000 people watching was a bit disappointing, but the result was excellent. (I actually played the game twice as my PC crashed after the first attempt ended 0-1), we were down 3-0 very early on and it took a lot of effort for us to get back into it from there, but from the 30th minute onwards we were pretty much dominant, as we staged quite a few attacks and managed to score twice. Very happy to only lose by a single goal to one of the top teams in Denmark.

Result & Stats: 2-3

Media Interest

Players

Player of the Month: Kim Elgaard (ST) - 6 Apps 4G, 2A - A pretty good series of games from our striker. He needed it as we have a replacement coming very shortly.

Player Stats

Players.png

THe defence has slipped a bit this last month, I need to get them working again, but Johnnesen missed all 7 games due to injury which makes it tough.

What's Next?

Winter Break, I have made a bunch of additions to the team, mostly with reserves and replacements on Non-contracts to try and help cut the wages as I am going to cut anyone over 20 who doesn't make the top 23 (3 GKs).

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

All it takes is a decent run of form to get to where you think you should be.

Thanks deltablue, I agree, pretty happy that even with what I saw as bad form we are still well in the top 4 race.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Winter Break Update

March 25th 2017

The Signings

Simon Backmann (ST) - A new starter, hopefully will help us score more goals.

Basti Thuno (DL) - A new back-up DL

Niels Kristensen (DC) - A new back-up DC

Kasper Eriksen (AMC) - Our new Attacking Midfield cover.

Joining in June

Alexander Dige (DL) - He will be our new starting left back come June.

The Friendlies

Fixtures

Friendlies.png

A pretty good midseason break, a bit disappointed to lose to our rival in the middle, but in general the team played pretty well, Backmann scored 5 goals in the eight games, as did Pedersen. And our only injuries suffered were to two of our centre backs, but we should be able to get into the league with a very solid front.

[/url]

Youth Intake

Youth Team.png

My Favourites

Claus Bagger (ST)

Emil Gytkjær (MC)

Henrik Lundberg (ST)

League Reminder

Table

Table.png

So we are 2 places lower than I really want to be, but with 15 games left in the season we are aiming to make up as many of those 3pts as soon as possible. And only 8pts off the league lead as well.

In other news the club is having elections for a new Chairman (Our current chairman is also running).

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Back into it Update

May 1st 2017

The League

Fixtures

Fixturea.png

Unbeaten through the period of games, most disappointed by the 4 draws, in every case we had a chance to win it and let it go away as we finished out with draws. Two hattricks in the last 4 games has been pretty good as well. The team performing well is starting to improve our crowds as well as they slowly creep up. Our defence is the issue still, upfront we are now averaging 3 goals per game, but we are conceding 1.5 goals per game which isn't helping.

Table

Table.png

Well we made the move up into 4th, I expect to finish this high. Was a bit gutted with those last two draws, as we would've been in the battle for the first if not for the dropped points.

Players

Player of the Month: Simon Backmann (ST) - 7 Apps, 6G, 7A, AvgR: 8.10 - OMG what a start to his career at the club, how did we survive without these numbers upfront?

Player Stats

Player Stats.png

What's Next?

Lots of additional things going on lately, we had elections with our current boss winning another term. He also made a small investment to get us back into the black. And alongside that we saw some club records start to fall as Pedersen broke the goalscoring record one week as he got to 9 goals, then Khayat scored a hattrick to take it for himself, and then managed to add the season assist record to his name as well. Some news from my favourite club came in as well as we saw the Phoenix extend Ernie Merrick's contract.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

One Big Week Update

June 1st 2017

The League

Fixtures

Fixtures.png

Well it started well, with 3 straight wins, but then we had 8 days to play 5th, 2nd & 1st in the league. We got the win over Naesby, but sucked when we faced Skive and let them get a draw off us late in the game. A sign of things to come as Svndborg also beat us, somehow it was only 1-0 even though we played most of the game with 10 men after having a centre back sent off.

Table

Table.png

Well in the end if we had won those two games we'd be just a single point off the title race instead we're back in 3rd, though we are pretty good for the Top 4 as I predicted earlier in the season and I aim to stay there too.

Players

Player of the Month: Christian Raadmand (DC) - 5 Apps, 1G, 0A, AvgR 7.46 - Defensively Raadman was doing excellent this month. Pretty happy with that.

Player Stats

Player Stats.png

What's Next?

Well I gained a contract extension, asked for a payrise and 2yrs (They offered me the same pay and 1 year), ended up with half the payrise and 2yrs so happy enough. For the next three games the aim is to hold onto third place.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

End of Season Update

June 18th 2017

In Brief

Competitions

Predicted:

Actual:
(
)

Danish Cup:

Financials

Finances:
(
[v2])

Season Tickets:
(NC)

: 28 in (€0), 22 out (€60k), 0 Loans

State of Play

)

Manager:
-

:

In the News

Overall this season we have supposedly made a profit, but really that is because of more than 200k worth of assistance in the form of a bank loan and a gift from our Chairman, who was also re-elected this season for his fourth term, given he made sure we were back in the black after that I am happy to continue to have him as chairman. I did also make a few small player sales, mostly with clauses so I can get some benefit later, but Hartvig who could be a future star was sold for 60k and a sell on clause which was needed to help the balance at the time. During my contract negotiations I asked for an increased wage budget and got an extra 750 per week, which will be helpful, I am now back under that and I have already signed 1 player for the new season to fill what I hope will be the only hole in my current squad. I did make a lot of signings this season, but most of them were non-contracts to give me a good back-up system and some youngsters who might be able to be sold later on (Sign them to a part time contract and then sell when they are wanted).

The League

It looked early on like we would be a safe mid table team, even though my ambitions were higher the team just kept dropping points at crucial times, as the graph of our positions shows we were building throughout the season as our position improved each month. When we faced first and second within a four day period, both at our place it was likely to be decisive. In the end we only managed 1 point from those games, I was pretty gutted with that, but the team continued to fight onwards and we ended up getting to second as Skive dropped important points in the final weeks. If we had won both those games the title would've been ours, which shows how close we really were this season. In the end i am very happy with the final result of this season, making it through to the top 2, my aim of top 4 was achieved and bettered. Next season I need to make the push for the title while I can still hold onto this squad of players who look like they can win it. Hopefully my defence is a bit better in the new year. We also managed to score the most goals of any team in the league, the addition of Backmann played a major part in that later in the season.

Fixtures

Player Stats

Team Stats

The Cup

It appears that in the Danish cup the smaller team always hosts, so we were going to be travelling early on while we faced the non-league teams, up first was Vejgaard, Pedersen and Lindhardt ensured we won that game in a canter as we went through 2-0, in the second round we were drawn with Roskilde FCUM. We went into the game against our Rivals rival just seeking to do whatever it took to win as the boards expectation was that we made it to the third round. After we scored in the 11th minute, we let them score in the 27th minute, but then after that nobody scored again and the game went to extra time, by this stage I was fed up with my boys and told them it wasn't good enough. Khayat & Pedersen responded with goals and we led 3-1 at half time in extra time and that was the way it stayed. The third round draw saw us lined up against B 1908, another 2nd division team, they got the home draw and we went into the game quite confident. in the end it was a comfortable 2-0 win, and we went into the fourth round, just delighted to make it this far. The draw was a lot less favourable, and we met FC Kobenhavn, the best team in Denmark. What a clash, I had hoped we would sell out the ground, but in the end only 2,000 hardy fans turned up. The game was excellent:

4th Round.png

Final result was 3-2, but early on they were completely dominant and we allowed 3 early goals to end up well behind and I thought it was going to end up a thumping, but we saw Lindhardt score just before halftime. Hopefully none of our fans left when we were down 3-0 as in the second half we really started to push on, getting balls into the box was tough and we had problems getting shots off, but we did score a second courtesy of Khayat in the 76th minute and a few late chances saw us actually looking at extra time. In the end I was pretty happy to only lose by a single goal. Something to aim for is beating Kobenhavn.

Cup Fixtures

Around the Traps

Club World Cup: Boca Juniors (p)

Champs League: Atletico Madrid

Europa League: Borussia Dortmund

Superliga: FC Kobenhavn

First Division: Viborg FF

Second Divisions: Fremad Amager, FC Svendborg

Danish Cup: Aalborg Boldspiklub

Euros: Germany - Review

The Players

Club Awards

Fans Player of the Year: Morten Pedesen

Best XI: Jorgensen, Bager, Johannesen, Raadmand, Anderson, Zimling, Bagge, Khayat, Pedersen, Lindhardt, Elgaard

Subs: Kristensen, Mikkelsen, Desler, Laursen, Backmann, Staehr, Thuno

Overall XI: Sommergard, Bager, Jensen, Johannesen, Madsen, Melchoirsen, Holm, Elgaard, Lindhardt, Pedersen, Koch

Subs: Jorgensen, Raadmand, Andersen, Kristensen, Laursen, Schultz, Westh

2nd Division Awards

Team of the Year: Jorgenson, Raadmand, Khayat & Pedersen

The Current Squad

Player Stats

Goalkeepers

30. Nicolai Jorgensen (GK) - My clear starter, is still quite young, and will continue to improve. Actually reasonably happy, his goals against is improving.

GKs.png

Defenders

10. Matthias Andersen (DL) - He is the weakest of our back four, and as such is being replaced over Summer. Looking forward not back.

12. Jonas Bager (DRC) - For a twenty year old right back he is doing pretty well, looking forward to seeing his career develop, hoping he can stick around.

4. Victor Johannesen (DC) - Our brilliant Captain, he is the commander of the back four, and he continues to average over 7 every week. Can't afford to lose him.

3. Christian Raadmand (DC) - He jumped in alongside our captain this season and was pretty good all round, had a great month near the end of the season too.

2. Niels Kristensen (DC) - A superstar of the future, he played just two games this season with ratings of 6.5 & 7.9.

Def.png

Midfielders

8. Ronni Bagge (MC) - He looked to be aging at the start of the season, so I was looking for his replacement, in the end he did excellent and will play another season.

70. Jannick Zimling (MC) - The new offseason signing ended up playing as the more defensive role, and was reasonably solid at it.

34. Morten Pedersen (AMC) - The move forward was a godsend for the team and Pedersen as he scored 11 goals and assisted on another 10.

71. Jasin Khayat (AMR) - Just an awesome season for my new right wing, as he stacked in 15 goals, and 10 assists.

17. Rasmus Lindhardt (AML) - The left winger was a more supporting role, he'll be disappointed to have not got double figures though.

16. Mikkel Desler (MC) - He had a few dream appearances, including a great brace late in the season. Will battle Bagge next season.

Mid.png

Strikers

1. Simon Backmann (ST) - When he came in it made an incredible change to the squad, and his scoring was an awesome effort. 15 Apps, 9G, 10A.

9. Kim Elgaard (ST) - 6 in 19 was good for him, but Backmann is a huge improvement.

ST.png

History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  |    Position     |      The Cups       |
|  2015/16 |   2nd W   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/New folder/Danish Second Division West_ Overview Stages-2.png"]12th[/url]       |        N/A          |
|  2016/17 |   2nd W   |       [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/Danish Second Division West_ Overview Stages.png"]2nd[/url]       |     4th Round       |

The Future

Predicted: 3rd

Board Expects: Top Half

My Expectations: Winner

Transfer Budget: €18,520

Wage Budget: €7,017

Wages (at 01.07.16): €6,084

New Signings: Alexander Dige (Free)

Former Clubs Update

Club 1: Nest-Sotra

[b]|   2013   |   2nd 3   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nest-Sotra/2013/Table After.png"]9th[/url]        |        N/A          | Joined in July
|   2014   |   2nd 3   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nest-Sotra/2014/November/Norwegian Second Division Group 3_ Overview Stages.png"]1st[/url]        |      3rd Round      | Champions & Promoted
|   2015   |    1st    |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Sportul/2015/December/Norwegian First Division_ Overview Stages.png"]9th[/url]        |     QuarterFinal    | Left in July[/b]
|   2016   |    1st    |     [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Norwegian First Division_ Overview Stages.png"]11th[/url]        |      3rd Round      |

The Club actually slipped a little backwards this season, they will be hoping to turn that around and get back up towards midtable and avoid issues around being relegated again.

Club 2: Sportul

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  |    Position     | Pro/Rel Stage |      The Cups       |
|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------|---------------------|
[b]| 2015/16  |  II Gr 1  |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages.png"]8th[/url]        |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages-2.png"]1st[/url]      |      5th Round      | Joined in July/Sacked in March[/b]
| 2016/17  |  II Gr 1  |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages (2).png"]7th[/url]        |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages-2 (2).png"]1st[/url]      |      6th Round      | 

Well a whole season since I left, and they aren't any better off than when I got sacked, think it proves my thoughts at the time that we were where we deserved to be.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2017/18

Preseason Update

August 1st 2017

The Signings

Full Transfer List

Transfers.png

First Teamers

Mikkel Knudsen (ST) - A signing from my director of football, as much as Backmann was our striker, this guy was better and I couldn't say no.

Oliver Freidsted (DL) - I was in need of a better left back, had been a real position of weakness, couldn't find what I wanted, in the end I got a guy with potential.

Anders Nielsen (MC) - My eventual replacement for Bagge, was clear in preseason that Desler wouldn't step up, and Bagge had regressed.

Youngsters

Mike Hojlund (AMR)

Peter Aabech (GK)

August Klausen (MC)

Amir Al-Ammari (MC)

Per Carlsen (DR)

Kim Andersen (DC)

Frederik Blabjerg (AMC)

The Friendlies

The Gap between seasons in Denmark is crazy short, means quite often I am better off signing players in December/January than June/July as I am able to get them match fit and integrated into the team, so going forward I might aim to make a lot more contracts expire in December. Hopefully this won't unbalance the team, and aim for that to be my "Offseason"

Fixtures

Friendlies.png

We played all the B's in this offseason for something a bit different, pretty happy, but it is mostly about fitness.

First Eleven?

First XI.png

Overgard,Raadmand, Pedersen and Khayat have signed extensions, while Fredsted, Nielsen and Knudsen are new into the team.

The Season

So we have odds that firmly put us in the promotion hunt, and all expectations point towards us being involved at the pointy end. My aim is to win the title and I think I have the team to do it this year.

Board Expectations

Second Division - Top Half

Danish Cup - Third Round

My Expectations

Second Division - Winners

Danish Cup - Fourth Round

I expect to go one further than the board this season, just the way I see it, think our team has improved and we are good enough to come out on top.

Budgets

Transfer:
€0

Wages:
€7,256 p/w

Current:
€6,847 p/w

Balance:
€64,635 (+34,102)

I would've liked a slightly bigger budget, but I can manage with this, and am now able to sign Hot Prospects to actual contracts meaning there is a chance of some profit from sales to come.

Good signing of Knudsen. There was a disappointing lack of depth up front beyond potential.

Good signing of Knudsen. There was a disappointing lack of depth up front beyond potential.

Is part of the issue when back-up/rotation players can only be signed as Non-contracts (Could only sing 1st team & Key Players to Part time), will improve that now that Rotation & Hot Prospect can get contracts as well.

Since the Pre-Season update I have managed to add a few more players, mostly after some releasing to get a bit more wage budget. Think I have improved my back-line a bit further, but will see how this goes.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Starting Well Update

September 1st 2017

New Signings

I ended up making more signings this season, was a bit unexpected, but shoring up defence is something that I needed to do.

Ulrik Madsen (DR) - LOAN - Added as cover, but was better than starter, straight into the team he goes.

Martin Jensen (DL) - Had been gutted with my earlier DL signings, this one looks better.

Martin Rosenqvist (DC) - Younger, fitter and better potental, will probably be involved in a 3-way rotation this season.

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

Very happy with the start to the season, a bit gutted to have conceded a goal in every game, especially in the game I drew as thought we were on top there, unbeaten start though has to be good for the morale in the team, and with Khayat and Pedersen scoring it looks very good.

Table

Table.png

Defence appears to be the difference between us and Sydvest, but the league favourites Skive are a bit behind, though at this early stage there are still 5 unbeaten teams in the league. We face Skive next and I hope to give them their first defeat and hopefully put some pressure on Sydvest.

The Cup

Fixtures

Cup Fixtures.png

A very disappointing cup run this season, I had hoped to go further, but was always going to be tough when we ran into a first division side in the second round, though after Lindhardt scored this screamer of a free kick in the first half it looked like we could hold on, but they scored twice in five minutes and that was the end of it.

Players

Player of the Month: Jasin Khayat (AMR) - 6 Apps, 3G, 4A, AvgR: 7.45 - A good start to the season for Khayat, I have already extended his contract and very pleased with him.

Player Stats

Player Stats.png

What's Next?

Next up we must beat Skive, that's it.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

Very good read chap!

Said a similar thing earlier in another thread but its so re-freshing to rear a career story that isnt just 'success,success,success' and by 2015 you have the best team thats simply unbeatable etc. I find it far more interesting reading not only about your good points in the tale but the low points as well and how you deal with them etc. Credit to you for that. If I had to try find a negative point in your superb career thread it be I personally prefer a bit more visual aid (pictures of the team, players, stadia etc...). Other than that the only negative is im up to the current day now so Ill have to wait a while until you've uploaded more. lol. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Mattias, glad you are enjoying it, I'm actually a bit further ahead in game, yesterday I just kept playing, and am halfway through the winter break, so probably an update tonight/tomorrow (NZ Time). Glad you also enjoy seeing my struggles, I find it tough, but know that I can't just go from strength to strength.

Khayat's had a great start to the season, as had the club!

Thanks abulezz​, been an excellent start, in the next period of games Knudsen joined in as well, been going brilliantly. Going to do an update once I finish the Winter Break (Will cover the whole half season)

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Winter Break Update

April 1st 2018

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

A very up and down period, not even sure what to make of some of it, 3 home losses, and 3 home wins, and then somehow we lost 5-0 away from home. I have made some signings to try and fix the issues from the losses, also promoted 2 players from the reserves, overall I think after the Winter Break there will be 5 changes to the starting eleven.

Table

Table.png

Well before Otterup played yesterday we spent the Winter Break atop of the table, even with those crazy results and our poor defence through the season so far. Knowing that a win will put us back at the top of the table no matter what is also a good sign, turning some of those losses into draws and we could blow away the rest of the league.

Players

Player of the Half: Mikkel Knudsen (ST) - 11 Apps, 10G, 6A - Just an incredible period for Knudsen, hoping it continues after the break.

Player Stats

Stats.png

Knudsen has been absolutely incredible up front, and Pedersen has been pretty good in support behind him.

The Signings

Transfers.png

Martin Vestergaard (ST) - A youngster to replace Backmann as the back-up

Bent Olsen (ST) - More depth at Striker, he could get a tidy profit next season.

Thomas Frank (DR) - Right back had been a bit of a weakness, this was a simple way to fix the problem.

Rasmus Louie Larsen (AML) - What a signing, had had left wing troubles for a while, this should fix those.

Aleksander Stankovic (GK) - Improved our keeper and got younger at the same time

With those signings the worst player in our starting XI is listed as "Good for our level" while a lot are good or leading Division One players.

The Friendlies

Fixtures

Friendlies.png

A lot of friendlies to try and get some match fitness back, the players really lose it over winter, so need to get them going again, also needed to bed in our new players, especially Larsen upfront, the new defensive line-up has meant we conceded more than we should've, but overall I am happy enough with the mixed bag of results, a lot of the conceded goals were late in games when our subs were on the park.

Youth Intake

Youth.png

Not much to be excited about here, Nordam is expected to be a leading 1st Div player, Green & Jacobsen as Good 1st Div, I added Fisker and Jorgensen to the signees and let all the others walk (After my U19s Manager gave them all contracts :p)

My Favourites

Kristoffer Nordam (AMR)

Nicolai Green (AMC)

What's Next?

Keep up the top class effort and bed in the nw players, if we can keep going as we are I am pretty sure we can win the league and gain promotion for the new season. The board are very happy with my performance, the fans are gutted with Knudsen lately, last few games he didn't score.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

Just scored a classic goal, ball fed through to Khayat, he is surrounded by 6 defenders, look over to the left and unmarked are Pedersen and Larsen, passes it, Larsen shoots into the empty half of the net as Goalie focussed on Khayat as well.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Promotion Fight Update

May 1st 2018

The League

Fixtures

Fixtures.png

First game back from the break was just horrible, 2-0 behind and it was all over. Then we went on a goalscoring run as we scored 17 goals in 5 games, 3 clean sheets helped us win 3/5, but we also managed to concede 3 twice which meant we didn't do as well as we could've, still well in the promotion hunt though which is the ultimate aim this season.

Table

Table.png

Two points back from the top, the two draws are the reason for where we are, but in our last nine games we also play Naesby so should be a good battle for the title as we have managed to put a small gap on the chasing pack now. Also clear that our defence was what needed the help as we have conceded nearly double the goals of the other top teams, we have scored 47 goals in 21 games though and look on pace for 67 goals on the season, while Knudsen has already broken our scoring record, and Khayat the assists record.

Players

Player of the Half: Mikkel Knudsen (ST) - 6 Apps, 6G, 2A, AvgR: 7.27 - Another excellent run from Knudsen, though Khayat gave him a good run for his money this time around.

Player Stats

Players.png

What's Next?

This month we face Varde IF (4th), Svebolle (5th), Sydvest (9th), Skanderborg (6th) and finish the month with Naesby (1st), if we get through that run and we're still in the hunt then our four matches in June could be crackers as we face 12th, 13th, 14th & 16th over a three week period, looking forward to that.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

Fans are pretty happy with Larsen & Stankovic as am I, the other signings a a little more so so.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Promotion Fight Update

June 1st 2018

The League

Fixtures

Fixtures.png

A tough month there, we won the most important game against Naesby, but had already dropped 7pts by that stage of the month, we had trouble scoring early in the month, and then conceded three against Skanderborg, not often both ends are turning up at once, and Khayat was injured in the Naesby game as well.

Table

Table.png

Dropped points have really affected us, we have a great goal difference, but still need help to catch Naesby, our run in is the easiest possible, we face 4 of the bottom 5 teams in June. Naesby have to face 4 of the top 8. So there is a chance if we take all 12pts that we can steal promotion.

Players

Player of the Month: Anders Nielsen (MC) - 5 Apps, 3G, 1A, AvgR: 7.66 - He has been running the midfield pretty well this season.

Player Stats

Players.png

With now three players scoring double figures worth of goals it is looking like the scoring title will be ours, we need to clean up at the other end.

What's Next?

We have a nice easy run in, but gotta keep winning, lose a game and we're done the title is not going to be get able.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png

Good to see the mad formation is keeping you in the hunt :)

Good to see the mad formation is keeping you in the hunt :)

What's mad about it? I found I had issues with the Striker and Attacking mid spending time in the same spot, the offset achieves the overlap effect I was after without them sitting on top of each other. Pretty happy that ended up working out.

What's mad about it? I found I had issues with the Striker and Attacking mid spending time in the same spot, the offset achieves the overlap effect I was after without them sitting on top of each other. Pretty happy that ended up working out.

The slightly OCD part of me hates having anyone not right in the middle (i.e. your treq)! And don't even get me started on the Asymmetrical formations...

The slightly OCD part of me hates having anyone not right in the middle (i.e. your treq)! And don't even get me started on the Asymmetrical formations...

Understand that, I want it like that as well, just didn't seem to work with these two guys. Makes it tough.

In news Naesby have let us in with two straight losses, but we choked to a draw and a loss, still trail by 3pts with 2 games left.

And with another draw it's over, Naesby have won the title this season.

THough our injuries at the end of the season play a part.

Missing Final Game:

Khayat (AMR) - Maybe

Nielsen (MC) - INJ

Pedersen (AMC) - INJ

Jensen (DL) - SUS

Klausen (MC) - INJ

Holm (MC) - INJ

That is 5 starters, and our back-up MC missing (Top 3 MCs out)

That's a tough way to end the season, with those injuries.

Been pretty tough, not managed to win since I thrashed Naesby, hoping to push on and build it into a great new season.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

End of Season Update

June 24th 2018

In Brief

Competitions

Predicted:

Actual:
(
)

Danish Cup:

Financials

Finances:
(
[^5])

Season Tickets: 50 (^1)

: 21 in (€0), 46 out (€10k), 3 Loans

State of Play

)

Manager:
-

:

In the News

Overall a small loss this season, again offset by money coming in from the board all season long. When the elections finished we had the same chairman once again, but this time around he consolidated our loans together, removing the bulk of our debt into a single 400k loan, though with a 25 year term it is going to take a while to pay off. We managed to end up with a negative transfer busget as we made signings who came with fees not associated to transfers themselves. Pretty happy with my transfers over the season as I added starters at GK, DR, DL, DC, MC, AMR, ST through the season. None of my current starting eleven are off contract this end of season, and none until June 2019, so we have a very good looking line-up through the next season of a side that looks good enough to win this league. We also signed two new kit sponsorships, but supposedly they have dropped the overall sponsorship totals. 36+36=70?

The League

It took us a little while to get going in the league, but we were always in the title challenge, we then had some tough mid season form, but with other teams around us dropping points left right and centre we were well and truly in the hunt. When we defeated Naesby 4-1 with only 4 games remaining it looked like we could do enough to get back to the top, but then our midfield got decimated as Khayat, Pedersen, Nielsen, Holm and others all went out injured leaving us so short that we didn't win a single game in our last four and dropped down to fourth. Was a bit tough to take, but with the small improvements made this season, plus a more settled first XI I am hoping to lead the team to the title in 2018/19 season.

Fixtures

Player Stats

Team Stats

The Cup

Not much to report here, was a tougher run in this season as we went from getting easy games through to the fourth round to facing a higher league team in just the second round of the competition, we were knocked out by them and hence failed to meet the board expectations, but in the end the club couldn't be expected to gain that victory, so the final result was alright.

Cup Fixtures

Around the Traps

Club World Cup: Es. Tunis

Champs League: Bayern

Europa League: Marseille

Superliga: Nordsjaelland

First Division: AC Horsens

Second Divisions: B1908, Naesby

Danish Cup: Kobenhavn

World Cup: Brazil

The Players

Club Awards

Fans Player of the Year: Jasin Khayat

Best XI: Stankovic, Frank, Raadmand, Rosenqvist, Jensen, Klausen, Nielsen, Khayat, Pedersen, Larsen, Knudsen

Subs: Blabjerg, Madsen, Hojlund, Holm, Vestergaard, Carlsen, Backmann

Overall XI: Sommergard, Bager, Raadmand, Johannesen, Madsen, Melchoirsen, Pedesen, Khayat, Holm, Elgaard, Koch

Subs: Jorgensen, Jensen, Andersen, Kristensen, Knudsen, Lindhardt, Laursen

2nd Division Awards

Team of the Year: Jasin Khayat, Morten Pedersen & Mikkel Knudsen

Golden Boot: Mikkel Knudsen - 19 Goals in 30 Games.

Most Assists: Morten Pedersen & Mikkel Knudsen 13, Jasin Khayat 11.

Player of Match: Jasin Khayat & Mikkel Knudsen 6

The Current Squad

Player Stats

Goalkeepers

30. Nicolai Jorgensen (GK) - He played the first half of the season, but as one of our weaker positions I wanted an improvement, so he ended up on the bench and leaving.

33. Aleksandar Stankovic (GK) - My second half champion, he conceded 15 goals in 20 games, but was definitely a step up at the back, will improve with time.

GKs.png

Defenders

4. Victor Johannesen (DC) - Was a bit of a step down this season for us early, ended up as our third defender, will be leaving as he wanted "a better challenge"

3. Christian Raadmand (DC) - He became the mainstay at the back this season, nearly got up to a 7 Average rating, slipped near the end.

6. Martin Rosenqvist (DC) - Replaced Johannesen in my starting line-up for most of the season, had a battle with Andersen a lot of the season.

Kim Andersen (DC) - Was in a battle to start for the new season, but he wouldn't sign an extension, and a Superliga club snapped him up from us.

62. Thomas Frank (DR) - I signed him in January to try and improve on a weak position, in the end he was pretty good until our team lost it near the end.

16. Martin Jensen (DL) - Our stalwart left back, had a few down periods during the season, but definitely growing into the role.

Def.png

Midfielders

70. Jannick Zimling (MC) - He started the season for us, but was let down by some midseason form and ended up on the outer as Nielsen and youngsters took over.

34. Morten Pedersen (AMC) - With 11 goals, and 13 assists on the season, Pedersen was one of the stars, his work as a Trequartista was impeccable.

71. Jasin Khayat (AMR) - He added 13 goals, and 11 assists this season, looks like a nice right wing star, his replacement retired (at 21) instead of accepting our contract.

15. Anders Nielsen (MC) - He took over as our Box to Box Midfielder, played a great role taking the ball forwards and distributing it to the attack.

37. Rasmus Louie Larsen (AML) - My new signing for the left wing, he joined in January and managed 4 goals and 8 assists in just 15 games.

18. Aske Holm (MC) - One of several players who got a shot at the Ball-winning Midfielder role this season, my favourite to play here next season.

9. August Klausen (MC) - Originally signed as an AMC, but he is better at getting the ball, will fight Holm for the palce.

Mid.png

Strikers

1. Simon Backmann (ST) - I didn't think there was any chance he would be replaced, but just 1(6) Apps as Knudsen was even better.

11. Mikkel Knudsen (ST) - An incredible season, he played 32 games for 19 goals and added 13 assists. Loving his effort upfront and hoping for another good season.

ST.png

History

|  2015/16 |   2nd W   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/New folder/Danish Second Division West_ Overview Stages-2.png"]12th[/url]       |        N/A          |
|  2016/17 |   2nd W   |       [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/Danish Second Division West_ Overview Stages.png"]2nd[/url]       |     4th Round       |
|  2017/18 |   2nd W   |       [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1718/EoS/Start/Danish Second Division West_ Overview Stages.png"]4th[/url]       |     2nd Round       |

The Future

Predicted: 2nd

Board Expects: Promotion (Winner)

My Expectations: Winner

Transfer Budget: €12,410

Wage Budget: €7,189

Wages (at 01.07.18): €6,152

New Signings: Peter Rytter (DR), Steffen Sorenson (AMR), Mads Schultz (DC), Bent Christensen Christensen (DL)

Former Clubs Update

Club 1: Nest-Sotra

[b]|   2013   |   2nd 3   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nest-Sotra/2013/Table After.png"]9th[/url]        |        N/A          | Joined in July
|   2014   |   2nd 3   |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nest-Sotra/2014/November/Norwegian Second Division Group 3_ Overview Stages.png"]1st[/url]        |      3rd Round      | Champions & Promoted
|   2015   |    1st    |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Sportul/2015/December/Norwegian First Division_ Overview Stages.png"]9th[/url]        |     QuarterFinal    | Left in July[/b]
|   2016   |    1st    |     [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Norwegian%20First%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages.png"]11th[/url]        |      3rd Round      |
|   2017   |    1st    |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1718/EoS/The%20Rest/Norwegian%20First%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages.png"]7th[/url]        |      4th Round      |

Another year of improvement for Nest-Sotra, making up for the slip of the previous season, looks like the club might be slowly building towards the top level in Norway.

Club 2: Sportul

|  Season  | Division  |    Position     | Pro/Rel Stage |      The Cups       |
[b]| 2015/16  |  II Gr 1  |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages.png"]8th[/url]        |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian Second League Group 1_ Overview Stages-2.png"]1st[/url]      |      5th Round      | Joined in July/Sacked in March[/b]
| 2016/17  |  II Gr 1  |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian%20Second%20League%20Group%201_%20Overview%20Stages%20(2).png"]7th[/url]        |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1617/EoS/July/Romanian%20Second%20League%20Group%201_%20Overview%20Stages-2%20(2).png"]1st[/url]      |      6th Round      | 
| 2017/18  |  II Gr 1  |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1718/EoS/The%20Rest/Romanian%20Second%20League%20Group%201_%20Overview%20Stages.png"]3rd[/url]        |      [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/FM14/Career/Nordvest/1718/EoS/The%20Rest/Romanian%20Second%20League%20Group%201_%20Overview%20Stages-2.png"]4th[/url]      |      5th Round      | 

Given my very harsh sacking, they haven't really improved that far since I was part of the club, and still have the same manager as when I left.

Looks like a lot of guys with good potential there - how's your assistant's judgement?

Looks like a lot of guys with good potential there - how's your assistant's judgement?

Not too bad at JA 17, JP 16. Bit worried about some of his assessments of my seniors dropping to 2*, though I think that is in part due to me signing a bunch of players who are good enough for the top end of the level above now, so Khayat who isn't good enough for a level up has plummeted when compared to the others.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2018/19

Preseason Update

August 1st 2018

The Signings

Full Transfer List

Transfers.png

First Teamers

Joose Koskiranta (GK) - Another surprise as our Director of Football brought in a new GK, this guy was another step up.

Noureddine Aarab (DC) - A rotation player really, but will start the season with Rosenqvist injured.

Youngsters

All the rest fit into this category as I attempted to completely fill the gap of youngsters, basically anyone with some potential has been added to the squad in an attempt to make us have some back-ups on the cheap.

The Friendlies

The Gap between seasons in Denmark is crazy short, means quite often I am better off signing players in December/January than June/July as I am able to get them match fit and integrated into the team, so going forward I might aim to make a lot more contracts expire in December. Hopefully this won't unbalance the team, and aim for that to be my "Offseason"

Fixtures

Friendlies.png

Took a bit, but we kicked on in the end, and the two Bents played a part as they scored. Will start the season with both of them on the bench.

First Eleven?

Team.png

The Season

Board Expectations

Second Division - Promotion

Danish Cup - Third Round

My Expectations

Second Division - Winners

Danish Cup - Fourth Round

I expect to go one further than the board this season, we need to get promotion, I think the team was good enough last season, hopefully with better injury cover this season we can get the result.

Budgets

Transfer:
€12,410

Wages:
€7,130 p/w

Current:
€7,056 p/w

Balance:
€46,728 (-17,907)

Shame it went pear-shaped, I felt you'd do it this time :(

Me too, thought I had that one in the bag, team looked good, just had the results go against us. Oh well onwards to a new season (Once I have downloaded FM14 again....had to do a system refresh...ugh)

WTF.png

Not even sure what to make of that, he was pretty good in preseason, but Bent Olsen is supposedly better. Do I just do it and let him walk, or do I try and sell him and see what happens?

Options:

1) Mutual Termination

2) Sell for a Fee

3) Keep him because...well GOALS!

Compare.png

I'd keep him, but then I'm always overly loyal!

I'm generally on the middle ground, though in a journeyman save I am a lot less loyal as I figure I'll be moving on anyway. This decision just seems nuts for me after 19 goals in 30 games last season and a goal in our first game this season.

The Wandering Kiwi

Logo.jpg

Danish 2nd Division 2018/19

Slow Beginnings Update

October 1st 2018

The League

Fixtures

League Fixtures.png

Well it all looked to be starting great until something started to go wrng at home to Nykobing, I don't even know what happened, but we got hammered 4-0 and we were never even in the game, turned it around with a victory over Middelfart, but then lost again, and all of a sudden the season looked tough. a better run in the second half of September has seen us get back in the fight, but really need to keep it up now.

Table

Table.png

Well I guess being only 2pts short of 1st is actually not too bad given our crazy losses, our defense was horrible for periods of the first two months, really need to shut up shop now.

The Cup

Fixtures

Cup Fixtures.png

A pretty standard cup run, wins in our first two games, and then a loss to the Superliga team (SL teams cannot meet each other til the 4th round, makes it kind of hard to get past them.

Players

Player of the Month: Bent Olsen (ST) - 6(4) Apps, 5G, 1A, AvgR: 7.11 - A great start to his career, but still undecided between him and Knudsen upfront.

Player Stats

Stats.png

Defense still needing work, as it has for a few seasons now.

What's Next?

We face Skive, Svebolle & Varde before the Winter Break, looking forward to it, but we NEED to win or face another season not quite good enough.

Board Confidence

Confidence.png