Sports Interactive Community
Samir Nasri

A honest suggestion

After playing Out of the Park Baseball 14, mostly as a General Manager (some sort of chairmen role I guess) I was really hoping SI, would come with a mode when you start a game that where you can hire and fire coaches, not a owner or anything, but something as a role that you hire fire coaches, and other functions you could add on.

I think after years we did ask for this a lot of times, probably rejected each times. also there are no ownership games out there in football management which is a shame

Just wondering if this is a good suggestion

I would play it religiously.

I would love an owner mode if it's done well enough. Fifa manager has tried it but it wasn't the greatest but the idea is great and i would love to be able to be the owner of a club in fm rather than manager

and what exactly would you do?

-Hire/Fire manager/staff

-Sign players

-Sell players

(both could make the manager happy or unhappy depending on how well it's done)

-Renew contracts (Manager, players and staff)

-Control the upgrade of stadium and facilities

-Set Manager transfer/wage budget

-Manage Finances (managing the income/outgoing to make sure the club doesn't go into administration)

-Set up affiliations with other clubs

-Approve / reject managers transfer targets.

-Negotiate sponsorship deals

-Create your own club and start from a selected league. Depending on which league you start you're giving a specific budget to be able to build the club and buy players and hire staff before going into the game

-Set manager philosophies when hiring. Can attend matches to judge this

-Have meetings with manager to discuss various things (transfer/wage budget, Happiness,change of philosophies)

I'm sure there would also be other things but personally if i could do these things in a different mode of fm i would be delighted! Would be a great challenge trying to build a club from the bottom and lead it to the top without selecting tactics ect and having so much control that you don't get in fm as a manager whilst still having control to do some of the things you can do as a manager. Also could takeover a club already in the game and could choose what type of takeover it could be(i.e. Could be a sugar daddy turning norwich into the next man city)

To be honest you could implement a lot of that yourself with a real time editor if you really wanted. Might require some role playing but it is mostly theoretically changeable in game.

-Hire/Fire manager/staff

-Sign players

-Sell players

(both could make the manager happy or unhappy depending on how well it's done)

-Control the upgrade of stadium and facilities

-Set Manager transfer/wage budget

-Manage Finances (managing the income/outgoing to make sure the club doesn't go into administration)

-Set up affiliations with other clubs

-Create your own club and start from a selected league. Depending on which league you start you're giving a specific budget to be able to build the club and buy players and hire staff before going into the game

-Set manager philosophies when hiring. Can attend matches to judge this

-Have meetings with manager to discuss various things (transfer/wage budget, Happiness,change of philosophies)

I'm sure there would also be other things but personally if i could do these things in a different mode of fm i would be delighted! Would be a great challenge trying to build a club from the bottom and lead it to the top without selecting tactics ect and having so much control that you don't get in fm as a manager whilst still having control to do some of the things you can do as a manager. Also could takeover a club already in the game and could choose what type of takeover it could be(i.e. Could be a sugar daddy turning norwich into the next man city)

This would be great, yeah. I find it sad there is like no games in Football that you can do this thing, or haven't found it yet. Hopefully FM makers consider it one day

there is an app called 'football chairman lite' which I have on my android, I really enjoy playing it but is very basic but I guess that is all it would have to be! I'd certainly give it a go if they brought it into the game.

there is an app called 'football chairman lite' which I have on my android, I really enjoy playing it but is very basic but I guess that is all it would have to be! I'd certainly give it a go if they brought it into the game.

Yeah, i have that too and think it's great. Having that game with the detail of football manager as it is now would be amazing! There will be lots of people saying that it's going down the same line as fifa manager but i really wouldn't agree. I think the way football manager is now, it's such a big game and having a new game mode where you can now be the owner of a club would be fantastic and i certainly think it would keep people interested in the game who may drift away who struggle with the tactics. That way they can focus more on the transfers and would be able to hire and fire staff and build stadiums and new training facilities. It really is a great idea i think and i think it would be a massive addition to the game, it would be a good change from manager mode from time to time or for some people it may even be the game mode they prefer

This is Football Manager. It wouldn't make sense if they did this and hiring and firing coaches would get boring after a while?

This is Football Manager. It wouldn't make sense if they did this and hiring and firing coaches would get boring after a while?

If it was simply hiring and firing coaching then yeah, it would be boring after a while. As i commented above, there are so many things that could be implemented. Like Clarky323 i play such a simple chairman football game on Android called football chairman lite'. It's so simple but it's great. A game like football manager and the details they already have in the game would mean that this idea could be taken on to a whole new different level of depth and personally i think it would be a great addition and i'm confident many many people would love it and many people may even choose to play that mode over the manager mode, especially if they struggle with tactics. A game mode like this could keep them playing the game all be it on a different mode. Surely that's what SI want? People buying and playing the game?

EDIT - Look at this post. This is the kind of thing that could be added to the game in this mode along with many others that a stated above. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/384390-PM97-style-Stadiums-in-Future-Football-Manager-games

So basically "Director of Football 2014" or "Sporting Director 2014". Tbh, I can't see it being included as it's not the direction SI want to take. It gets raised every couple of months and gets shot down, mainly because the majority wouldn't play it and most of the features are included. At the moment we can be managers or coaches if we choose. (Coaches like in Germany, with a manager above them. Klopp/Zorc, Guardiola/Sammer.)

If it was simply hiring and firing coaching then yeah, it would be boring after a while. As i commented above, there are so many things that could be implemented. Like Clarky323 i play such a simple chairman football game on Android called football chairman lite'. It's so simple but it's great. A game like football manager and the details they already have in the game would mean that this idea could be taken on to a whole new different level of depth and personally i think it would be a great addition and i'm confident many many people would love it and many people may even choose to play that mode over the manager mode, especially if they struggle with tactics. A game mode like this could keep them playing the game all be it on a different mode. Surely that's what SI want? People buying and playing the game?

EDIT - Look at this post. This is the kind of thing that could be added to the game in this mode along with many others that a stated above. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/384390-PM97-style-Stadiums-in-Future-Football-Manager-games

I'll have to try out that Chairman game then. I would be interested in playing maybe a Director of Football role where you can purchase young players and watch them grow into superstars.

I don't get this suggestion and all of the yaysayers at all...

-Hire/Fire manager/staff

-Sign players

-Sell players

**-Control the upgrade of stadium and facilities**

**-Set Manager transfer/wage budget**

**-Set up affiliations with other clubs**

**-Set manager philosophies** when hiring. Can attend matches to judge this

Everything listed in bold = you can do on FM anyway.

Everything with **stars** = you can do to some extent via board discussions/requests.

i would be interested in playing maybe a director of football role where you can purchase young players and watch them grow into superstars.

you can do this as a manager!!!!!!!

you can do this as a manager!!!!!!!

I'm talking about just the Director of Football role.

One word: NO. And I don´t wanna see anything of those suggestions applied to future FM games.

This is Football Manager.

You can go to crowfunding sites maybe to ask for a game like that but requesting that FM changes into Football Director is just tasteless.

One word: NO. And I don´t wanna see anything of those suggestions applied to future FM games.

You can go to crowfunding sites maybe to ask for a game like that but requesting that FM changes into Football Director is just tasteless.

A few people play the game as a DoF, one of them being a mod. Can't remember who.

Even though I agree with your general post, it's worthy to note that a lot of the features that managers can do in FM are specifically assigned to other roles within real life. For example, it's not really the manager's place to request a brand new stadium.

I would say YES big time but if you could only choose which role you want to play.

Perhaps something that could be added so you have something to spend all that hard earned money after you retire as a manager and rather than retire from football you buy a team out and become the chairmen where you can either manage the team as well or you can hire a manager to do it for you. Don't think anything like this would ever be implemented, but would be awesome to see it included one day.

I am guessing the attraction of a DoF role is that the player doesn't need to set up training and the match (so no more dealing with tactic).

I am guessing the attraction of a DoF role is that the player doesn't need to set up training and the match (so no more dealing with tactic).

Basically, yeah. Tbh, people could assign training to their assistant manager and play FMC by simming games. Either way most of the features suggested are already in the game as said by many.

Basically, yeah. Tbh, people could assign training to their assistant manager and play FMC by simming games. Either way most of the features suggested are already in the game as said by many.

I tried getting my assistant to do it. He makes every session a defending regime with a high intensity level. Injuries galore!

Guest xwzq@

As a concept this is as an innovation in football simulations. It could be a different and new simulation when you run a club without coaching team’s matches. This form would reduce the ways to overachieve, wouldn’t it? Even though being a head coach is a more basic approach.

It's not about changing the game, it's about expanding it and finding different ways to get people buying the game and to keep people buying the game year after year. Whether it's Chairman or DOF, being able to take charge of another side of the club without having to worry about managing the squad or tactics is something many people would love to do. You may not agree with it because it may not be something you would enjoy but there are plenty of people who would love something like this to be brought in to the game as a different mode

A few people play the game as a DoF, one of them being a mod. Can't remember who.

That would be me, although I haven't been doing it with FM14 as much. I've been taking full control of everything recently.

So....you want Football Manager without the actual playing of the matches yourself?

Not for me, would be very dull