Sports Interactive Community
Suggy33

[WIP] Saudi Arabia data update.

Right, so I downloaded a Saudi Arabia expansion from the Steam Workshop, and when I loaded up I was surprised that some of the players I am aware of IRL had odd positions (a DL irl was a STR in game).

So I opened up the editor and discovered that a large amount of the players have no position.

As a follower of the top division over there, I know a decent amount of the players and their natural positions and have a couple of excellent statistical websites for the league, which means I should be able to accurately get positions down for every squad, as well as transfers (some of which I expect are very out-dated).

This is just a precautionary idea at the moment, but I might start delving in this weekend.

As a side note, when the patch comes out, I will most likely update the Russian top 2 divisions transfers, because the data lock tends to occur several weeks before the transfer deadline. But until the patch this is a while off.

Did the first team today (Al-Ahli). A couple of really out-dated transfers not done there (2011).

This would be great and I will download when you finish!

Got 3 of the teams done now.

A longer process than I first thought (plus I'm pretty busy currently!), takes about 30-45 mins to do each squad, even more for the lower clubs as a lot of the players don't exist on FM at all.

If you could post it it the Asian research topic that would be great!

If you dou, write the id of every player an the date and club they transfered to.

Thanks!

I don't know about the latter (I don't have much time to work on things at the moment, haven't done anything since I last posted), but I can sure post it when I'm done.

The main site I use (http://www.slstat.com/spl2013-2014en/index.php) has dates of transfers for most players which is good. Not all squad numbers are correct, a few have the same squad numbers listed as what they had at their former club.

I've also had to create 4/5 players per squad so far (mainly younger players) who are lacking height and weight data, so that's been left blank.

Basically, I'm getting the squads sorted, with positions, squad numbers and DOB's where possible, as well as height and weight where they're not already put in.