Mr Hough The Beast Is Back Tactic Thread FM14

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tested with Southampton first season with massive fail. I think it`s because they don`t really got any good wingers so i brought in Pepe as right wing from Juve and was stuck with Lallana on the left.

My defense was leaking massively, specially away. The played right trough my defense, small and big teams. My tactic knowledge was not maxed out tough.

Gonna try with Toffies tomorrow, they got plenty of wingers at least..

Have anyone tested this tactic with smaller teams than United etc with success? If so have u changed mentality against bigger teams and in away games?

edit:

When i first played well i played very well so the tactic looks good... - if you got the right players for it..

Ok, thanks for the feedback ill look into the defence tomorrow maybe have to drop either midfielders into the DM position or the Wingers into the ML and MR spot but I'll see what I can come up with

Thanks again for the feedback

I don't download tactics somebody brought this one to my attention as it's almost EXACTLY the same as mine.

I like it mate my only difference's are inside forwards one support one attack and wing back one support one attack and strikers are different roles but the whole principle of the tactic is the same. I however only scored from corners 3 goals all season despite having what must have been 10-15 a game easy.

Do you pick up many cards? I picked up loads of cards in defence and injuries out wide.

I don't download tactics somebody brought this one to my attention as it's almost EXACTLY the same as mine.

I like it mate my only difference's are inside forwards one support one attack and wing back one support one attack and strikers are different roles but the whole principle of the tactic is the same. I however only scored from corners 3 goals all season despite having what must have been 10-15 a game easy.

Do you pick up many cards? I picked up loads of cards in defence and injuries out wide.

Great minds think alike, I pick a lot if cards in defence in the left and right back position especially, try using my corner set up I score a few off corners so might help your tactic overall

Hi Mr Hough, as usual your tactic looks very good, but i seem to be having the same issue over and over again with every single one of my saved games ever since patch 14.2 onwards.

Have a look at this thread and you will see what i mean.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/383835-I-Really-Hate-To-Say-Goodbye

Any idea as to what could be the cause?

I have told full back to "ease of tackles" , defence is still the same but they don`t get booked every game.

I have also tried dropping my bwm to dm position but i still struggle against bigger teams.

I have won all games exept two:

l1yx.png

9h9v.png

Smaller teams get hammered home and away and my gd in BPL is 17-2 after seven games.

My season so far

h0ji.png

Great minds think alike, I pick a lot if cards in defence in the left and right back position especially, try using my corner set up I score a few off corners so might help your tactic overall

Thanks for the reply mate! Yes I found that a lot , when I was testing with city Clichy picked up probably a yellow a game if it wasn't 2 in the same game! Also I'm viewing this on my iPad, My laptop broke so I'm currently playing FM on an old PC which I have to move and manually connect to the internet to update with steam. The relevance of that is So until then I can't download to even view your set up on corners!

Can anyone give me a quick summary on corner set up? Just want to know what's working at the moment!

I'm really struggling to download this as everytime I try my PC has a complete hissy fit and restarts. I think it maybe possessed. :p

Anyway could you give me a heads up as to what shouts you're using for this.

Thanks.

try this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fkv3j02seexqict/Mr%20Hough%20The%20Beast%20is%20Unleashed%204-2-2-2%20FM14.2%20Tactic.tac

after over a half a season with a decent Swansea side I have scored 9 and conceded 20 goals against higher rated teams in the last 50 matches. My side is predicted 10th. Similar rated teams : scored 65 conceded 56 smaller rated teams: scored 41 conceded 14.

The corners are good, scored 11 goals so far from corners and conceded 1. Seems to turn off the "drop deep" helps a little, going to try a little more.

I played this tactic for 3 matches with KooTeePee in Finland.

Won all 3 games, would probably have on form been expected to lose two of them.

The matches scared me to death! In all 3 we really didn't dominate by any measure, yet somehow always squeezed ahead in a high scoring game.

It is heart-attack football, especially in terms of how often the AI teams easily get behind your defensive line. At times beautiful, at other times very ugly to watch.

If PaulC and his team can find a way to make last ditch tackles less effective, I think this tactic might come unstuck.

Nonetheless, applause for Mr Hough, it could make for a fun long term save and I do think these things do a service to SI by helping to identify flaws in the ME :)

I made a small test with Skrill north team, but based on that, this is not a good tactic for a poor team.

I was able to score some nice goals, but defense was leaking a lot. Also crazy amount of cards and penalties against my team. Somehow feels like the tactic is too aggressive for a poor team.

The penalties were especially worrying, opposing team got a penalty kick in almost every match. Most of the came from corners, so something about defending corners made it happen. It was usually a striker fouling on corner situation, when penalties were awarded.

Also too many sliding tackles to my taste :)

I am sure that this tactic can work very well with a strong team with good players, but based on my small test, not so much with "a bit crappier" set of players available.

Hi Dave nice to have you back, finally ...

Your tactic worked wonders for me until December with City top of the table with 15-3-1 in 19 games, but in January it turn upside down completly ... 3 games 0 wins ... against bottom of the table teams on EPL .

Surely that new's year reputation update.

This tactic is just so awful I am at a lost to why it was posted .

Plus once again just like years gone by Mr Hough takes other folks tactics and pass it of has his own .. it is just a copy of glesgakillie under preasure tactic

how on earth does he think he can get away with it ... well in 2010 he diid in fact made a very good tactic ... but he has failed every since by just stealing others tactics in the hope to reach the pop of the old days ..

Tactic seems abit unrated and some of you who had bad matches and runs may have to look at what you have done

Am on new Liverpool save, First season Oct 2013 after 6 unimpressive matches i made the switch, wasn't scoring as my previous tactic should have and conceding more than i should with previous tactic, i switch

since switching, 4 league games 1 cup game, all won. 2-1 man city away win, 5-1 hull away win, 3-1 Chelsea home win, 5-0 spurs home cup win, and 4-1 norwich home win

General training on balanced/average, while match training is still on tactics only as tactic familiariy level for formation is competent only. 50% time spent on match prep till tactic is fluid

from what i see, this tactic definately have goals, but the last 15-30 mins in the second half got to watch opposition AI on their switch and changes as usual, else you may leak the 1-2 goals

i like the short passing, quick and swift, no much of time wasting which is good as it prevents more tackles, causing a loss in possession and less counters by opposition

tactic has drill crosses but somehow, crossing seem to get on the end of the feet of players more accurately and more often, allowing more direct shots or ccc

liking it so far because it allows me to play 2 strikers, is like 442 but have AML/AMR instead of conventional ML/MR wingers which the game lacks and need time to train some of our natural attacking wingers into

will play more and comment

First of, hats off for MR Hough! Absolutely the best tactic around! I don't want to take anything away from the tactic, but iv'e seen some people complain about tough away games. I see their point too, but i think i might have a lil remedy for that. What i did was tick every player available's "tackle harder" and in team setting i clicked the "gets stuck in" option, this atleast pust an end to opposition strikers/wingers lingering/dribling with the ball. However it should be said that this approach has a certain risk/reward attached to it, you'll for sure get the occasional red card and give away a few penalties if you play like this every game. I rearly use this, but if im struggeling in a though away game or a derby game or something i give ita go and hope for the best. I think its unrealistic to think you can travel away to the likes of city/man utd/chelsea etc and always expect a 4-0 win ;)

Amazing tactic. I got promoted first season with Union Berlin(predicted 6th) and pretty much dominated the league from day 1. Got to the quarter finals in the german cup but lost out on penalties. Now in the first division it is going suprisingly well, I only signed Ronny from Hertha for a small fee otherwise nothing and I have won 6 and drawn 2, not a single loss so far. So for me this tactic is doing wonders, actally the only tactic that has had me any success in the latest patch.

The tactic is great and im currently winning everything in my 5th season with forest. The only thing i have changed are;

Rigid to Fluid

The right F9 to CF on support

And i use OI from my ass. against hard Opps.

Everything else is the same

On a previous tactic that was struggling with the defence being caught out converting one of the CDs to "cover" worked well.

Btw early days but encouraging signs as I've taken over Liverpool in Jan 2016 when they were in 15th position and I've played 7, won 6 and drawn 1. Admittedly the only top team I've played was Man City (which I managed a two-goal comeback to draw away from home), but I inherited awful morale and the tactic is still 'awkward' in five slots and 'competent' in three. But there does seem to be some defensive issues as I've only kept one clean sheet in those seven games. I'll have a little tinker and report back if I discover anything fruitful.

After 4 seasons with my swansea side i managed 9th, 12th,6th and in january of the last season i got sacked :/ And swansea got relegated. 6th place was because of my two strikers that were brilliant. but I sold them for £70m too upgrade the club a little. the season after i started conceding goal after goal. It's great attacking but not defending. tried alot of things but to no avail. This tactic is great with BIG teams, not poor or decent sides. Got the job at Fulham now, so im going to try there :)

Archived