Rainmaker v2 and Silk & Steel v2.......... A Combined Arms approach to FM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too am still using S&Sv2. 1st season won Skrill Premier with Cambridge Utd with 107 points, only lost 3 league games all season. Just started 2nd season in League 2, media prediction 23rd, beat Shrewsbury 1st game 1-0, beat Charlton in Capital One cup 1st round on penalties. early looking forward to a good season.

Guys

help please

i am having problems with a tactic using silk n steel v2 with my bury save

started season with a few wins and draws. am now struggling to win n havent for 14 games..

tactic is nearly fully fluid etc..

u21s n u18s are using same tactic and are top of both there leagues and winning for fun

how can it not work with first team

Hi,

I have to admit I have given most tactics a go on my spurs save over several seasons. But as you can see in the picture this has to be the top dog in the pack (14.3 update using only s&sv2). Leading up to this season I have achieved some double figure scorelines using Rainmaker V3 but was found wanting a times in the champs league.

p.s having issues uploading the screenshot "undefined image"?! any help

Very good tactic! Since I'm not allowed to post a screenshot, i'll write down the results that I had with Steaua Bucharest in the first season using S&S v2 and having only 1 mil. Euro for transfers:

Romanian Super Cup winner: Petrolul - Steaua 1-4

Romanian League winner: 86 goals FOR, 28 goals AGAINST = 56 goal difference

Romanian Cup winner: Viitorul Constanta - Steaua Bucharest 0-6 (Final)

Uefa Champions League: 3rd place in the group stages (10 points),

results:

Steaua - Schalke 4-0,

Olympiakos - Steaua 0-1,

Real Madrid - Steaua 5-1,

Steaua - Real Madrid 0-0,

Schalke - Steaua 2-1,

Steaua - Olympiakos 1-0

Uefa Europa league semifinal:

Shakhtar - Steaua 2-1, :(

Steaua - Shakhtar 1-0,

Viktoria Plzen - Steaua 0-3,

Steaua - Viktoria Plzen 2-2,

Steaua - Wigan 1-0,

Wigan - Steaua 0-2,

Steaua - Zenit 1-0,

Zenit 3-1 Steaua (Salomon Rondon 84, 113, Kerzhakov 115)(Florin Gardos 102)....:(

I love this tactic a lot - won back to back titles with Arsenal and Champions League, Capital One Cup & World Club Cup in first two seasons.

But, whoever I play in the DM/Anchor Man role they don't perform consistently. Is there anything I'm doing wrong possibly?

I have Nemanja Matic as first choice & Blaise Matuidi as back up so both cracking players.

There used to be an alternative Rainmaker where the DM/MCR/MC/MCL setup was a MCR/MC/MCL/AMC in the 'B' version. I think it was rainmaker, or am I mistaken?

Anyway I liked that setup, just wondering if you test this for 14.3 you'll use just the S&S v2 or an alternative as well. Cheers.

There used to be an alternative Rainmaker where the DM/MCR/MC/MCL setup was a MCR/MC/MCL/AMC in the 'B' version. I think it was rainmaker, or am I mistaken?

Anyway I liked that setup, just wondering if you test this for 14.3 you'll use just the S&S v2 or an alternative as well. Cheers.

Finally finished. First season with Chelsea, no transfers using Dark Matter. It might not be sexy but it's sturdy like a tank.

ptZ9nUr.png

I didn't know anyone was still using that!

Very good points total and a good number of goals. Nice one!

• 2 weeks later...

These Tactics are simply dominating in a fashion I cant even find the words for.

Im a old son of a.. so been in CM FM since the very beginning, and in whats has proved to be the most challeging game/patch to me so far to figure out, you Mr U Rosler are a tru Wizard.

I spent so much time in the " lab the office the mancave " trying to figure out 14.3 and I have to say Rainmaker and SS is unbelievable. I had alot of various saves some of them I was stuck, either in January or going into 3rd season, the game caught up with my own tacs and those i downloaded.

1st Save I tested was a Arsenal Save, 10 games later with Rain and SS I quit, simply cause I knew I was would get bored, these tacs with Arsenal are completely OP.

Now Im from Denmark, and was thinking lets see if we can get some trophees for Schmeichel Junior before he gets to old, so I started a save with Leicester. My own rules are no Incoming transfers, all has to come from Loans or Youth system. So I was focusing heavy on building a great staff and some talents.

1st Season since Leicester are predicted high I only used SS a few Times, away vs QPR and Wigan. All other games I made it rain, and I cant express how much fun it was to see Old Man K. Phillips finish the season with 25 goals in 30 games at age 40 LOL.

Now midway trough 2nd Season Im sitting at 11th in the BPL, using Rainv2 at home regardless who comes to town, we attack at home to please the fans. Away SSv2.

Preseason I Train Heavy Tactics No rest, I whip the team untill they get it right, adding in a bit of teamwork when I use the youngsters in preaseaon games. Fitness is low early in the season, but rotating alot especially on the FBs, the fitness will got there 5-6 games in. Once Tactic is fluid I use ONLY def set pieces, the few loses and draws I had the first season and so far in this one, has been from late corners. Seems to be the Engines way of yeah you know. Anyway it seems to me the Def Set Pieces limites that.

I use a few OP Instructions especially vs 4231, I put my CDM on their cam, and give hime hell with tight marking and tackles so he never feels comfi.

At home vs teams from the low end of BPL, I use a creative minded MC on the MCL aswel as the MCA, and then run with a Bigger F9 who then works like a target man, having watched alot of the games it seems when I do this, the Assist is very often from the left MC, doin one twos with the target man or the left FB, whipping some sick passes to the CF.

Away I run with high workrate midfielders on all MC possitions, and then a smaller more creative F9, a AMC retrained, and then a fast paced CF.

Digging in to each possition a bit and finding the right players for each possition meaning having 3-4 attributes with the right high numbers, and this pair of tactics is unreal.

When Kasper Schmeichel lifts one of the big trophees, I will upload some pics here.

Untill then MR U Rosler thank you alot - Rainmakerv2 and SSv2 is nothing less than brilliant

Cheers

These Tactics are simply dominating in a fashion I cant even find the words for.

Im a old son of a.. so been in CM FM since the very beginning, and in whats has proved to be the most challeging game / patch so far to figure out, you Mr U Rosler are a tru Wizard.

I spent so much time in the " lab the office the mancave " trying to figure out 14.3 and I have to say Rainmaker and SS is unbelievable. I had alot of various saves some of them I was stuck, either in January or going into 3rd season, the game caught up with my own tacs and those i downloaded.

1st Save I tested was a Arsenal Save, 10 games later with Rain and SS I quit, simply cause I knew I was would get bored, these tacs with Arsenal are completely OP.

Now Im from Denmark, and was thinking lets see if we can get some trophees for Schmeichel Junior before he gets to old, so I started a save with Leicester. My own rules are no Incoming transfers, all has to come from Loans or Youth system. So I was focusing heavy on building a great staff and some talents.

1st Season since Leicester are predicted high I only used SS a few Times, away vs QPR and Wigan. All other games I made it rain, and I cant express how much fun it was to see Old Man K. Phillips finish the season with 25 goals in 30 games at age 40 LOL.

Now midway trough 2nd Season Im sitting at 11th in the BPL, using Rainv2 at home regardless who comes to town, we attack at home to please the fans. Away SSv2.

Preseason I Train Heavy Tactics No rest, I whip the team untill they get it right, adding in a bit of teamwork when I use the youngsters in preaseaon games. Once Tactic is fluid I use ONLY def set pieces, the few loses and draws I had the first season and so far in this one, has been from late corners. Seems to be the Engines way of yeah you know. Anyway it seems to me the Def Set Pieces limites that.

I use a few OP Instructions especially vs 4231, I put my CDM on their cam, and give hime hell with tight marking and tackles so he never feels comfi.

At home vs teams from the low end of BPL, I use a creative minded MC on the MCL aswel as the MCA, and then run with a Bigger F9 who then works like a target man, having watched alot of the games it seems when I do this, the Assist is very often from the left MC, doin one twos with the target man or the left FB, whipping some sick passes to the CF.

Away I run with high workrate midfielders on all MC possitions, and then a smaller more creative F9, a AMC retrained, and then a fast paced CF.

Digging in two each possition a bit and finding the right players meaning having 3-4 attributes with the right high numbers, and this pair of tactics is unreal.

When Kasper Schmeichel lifts one of the big trophees, I will upload some pics here.

Untill then MR U Rosler thank you alot - Rainmakerv2 and SSv2 is nothing less than brilliant

Cheers

EDIT: I did try both DOM and these in the V5 version. With Same team Diffrent Save, IMO V2 is better than V5 in 14.3, but thats just my oppinion.

Archived