Sports Interactive Community
MrSundlofer

[FM14] SSC Napoli - Gli Azzurri, Kings of Italy

well done on your season dinthead, like your signings too. Almost forgot about old Ronnie, I wonder if he can still cut it at this level!! Sadly i find that serie A doesn't always make an exciting titile race. Juve and my team were far and away the best 2 teams. Milan were ok but finished way off (points wise, 3rd overall) and Inter finished 13th i think. Im hoping for the normal input of money from t.v. to help them both get better squads for this season (2) and make the title race more interesting. Samp, Fiorentina and Atalanta normally get much better too.

For my second season i felt i needed a better squad and so signed 8/9 players instead of 2/3 major class players as i suffered bad fitness levels towards the end of the season. How are you approaching season 2???????

Napoli-Logo-Ufficiale_zps4170f433.png

Season One - September - December 2013

So, I probably started my Napoli save about a week before this thread was created, so in the future I will maybe do monthly updates rather than every six month. I was quite surprised at the transfer budget we were given considering how much they had just spent in the summer. I didn't really want to spend bit but the first area I thought I needed to strengthen was someone who can spearhead the attack as I didn't think we had sufficient back-up to Higuain.

So the first transfer that I brought in was Ezequiel Rescaldani who came in for €2.2 Million. He is an Argentine but also has Italian as a second-nationality and so doesn't count as one of my non-EU signings. Only 21 years-old and has the potential to improve quite a lot. I had him for my Everton team on the Beta and he scored 15 goals in his debut season, but I'm not looking to rush him into the side.

rescaldani1_zps05fde497.png

My second signing of the season was Davide Santon from Newcastle for €12 Million. Italian full-back who can play either side, Maggio is ageing and I will probably look to move him on in the next couple of seasons and I don't plan on keeping Armero from his co-ownership. I see Zuiniga as someone who can play higher up the pitch as he doesn't seem as strong defensively.

santon1_zps370fa162.png

Fixtures

Good pre-season and start to the season saw us keep clean sheets against Verona, Roma and Inter Milan, however since them games we seem to have conceded a fair amount of goals. We have been strong going forward but we still need to improve. Frustrated with the 2-0 defeat to Catania but they were strong and in second place at the time we played them. The most pleasing result ahs to be against reigning Champions Juventus, we went 1-0 down but worked hard and came out of the game with three points.

Serie A

table1_zps804e8ab2.png

Nearly half way through the season and we find ourselves six points clear at the table, our lack of defensive abilities worry me though and it's going to be a long tough run to the end of the season. For those of you who are wondering Inter Milan are 13th.

Champions League - Group D

CLgroup_zps99df6a6e.png

Couldn't have got a stronger, worse Champions League draw if I had asked. Our one win came against Atletico Madrid in the last game which saw us clinch a Europa League spot which I was more than happy with taking into account the opponents in our group.

Tactics

tactic_zps36ffa28e.png

I keep switching between this tactic and a 3-4-1-2, both been pretty successful in going forward. I don't feel like I am getting the best out of Gonzalo Higuain or maybe I'm just expecting too much from him, however he has improved of late. Higuain has 11 goals in 21 appearances contributing 2 assists. My underrated player at the moment has to be Valon Behrami, I didn't realise he would be so important to me but with the injury to Inler who has only made three appearances all season and faces another two months out, Behrami has stepped up and is the first name on my team sheet.

well done on your season dinthead, like your signings too. Almost forgot about old Ronnie, I wonder if he can still cut it at this level!! Sadly i find that serie A doesn't always make an exciting titile race. Juve and my team were far and away the best 2 teams. Milan were ok but finished way off (points wise, 3rd overall) and Inter finished 13th i think. Im hoping for the normal input of money from t.v. to help them both get better squads for this season (2) and make the title race more interesting. Samp, Fiorentina and Atalanta normally get much better too.

For my second season i felt i needed a better squad and so signed 8/9 players instead of 2/3 major class players as i suffered bad fitness levels towards the end of the season. How are you approaching season 2???????

At the minute I'm just keeping the squad mostly the same, I have let Dzemaili go to Valencia for £9.5m and I replaced him with Sergi Roberto who was transfer listed at Barca for just £2m which I believe could be a decent signing. I've also let Eduardo Vargas go for just £3.1m which I think is way too little but he wasn't going to get much game time at all after I brought in a young striker and that's as much as I could get.

how santon doing for you???? I had him on an old save and he was really indifferent (thou i think that was on the update of when full bks were utter rubbish). On your tactic could i mention just a couple of things you should maybe consider.

1. from what ive read having 2 CWB's is a no no.

2. the left CWB and INF A might be a bit too much on that flank.

3. you could consider having a runner from centre mid to help out the att as Higuain looks a little isolated.

how Reina doing for you??? I shipped him out straight away to save on wages and to get Rafael game time

Pastore for 13m!!!!!!!!!!! that would be some steal. 31m on mine so that ship has sailed. Where and how would you play him?????

Yeah, that's the question. His prefered position is at left wing, but he can also play in a central position - central midfielder and central attacking midfielder.

I ended up winning the league by 6 points but only really because the other big teams were having poor seasons.

Congratulations! Great first season :thup:

Great update NorthernGooner, and you have had a good start to the season I see. Interesting signings. I will take a look at Ezequiel Rescaldani.

how santon doing for you???? I had him on an old save and he was really indifferent (thou i think that was on the update of when full bks were utter rubbish). On your tactic could i mention just a couple of things you should maybe consider.

1. from what ive read having 2 CWB's is a no no.

2. the left CWB and INF A might be a bit too much on that flank.

3. you could consider having a runner from centre mid to help out the att as Higuain looks a little isolated.

how Reina doing for you??? I shipped him out straight away to save on wages and to get Rafael game time

Just played my first game with the changes, we kept a clean sheet against Parma. I switched the starting mentality to defensive, this doesn't generally mean defend, just that they keep possession of the ball better. I changed Santon to WB-Support, Santon has a rating of 7.04, and Maggio to WB-Attack, seemed to work a bit better. Higuain is out for three weeks to having to play Rescaldani up top by himself, he grabbed the goal against Parma.

Depending on who we are playing and how well, I'll sometimes give Hamsik the attacking playmaker role. Reina has been one of my better performers, made some crucial saves.

Great update NorthernGooner, and you have had a good start to the season I see. Interesting signings. I will take a look at Ezequiel Rescaldani.

Thank you :thup: Definitely take a look at him, also if you are in need of a DM, Lucas Romero from Velez too.

Not bad transfers dealing there NorthernGooner :thup: Shame you struggled in your CL group :(

im gutted. Fernando, my free dmc signing from Porto who turns out to be excellent, had just come back from an 8 month injury (and looks poorish) has now got injured in training for 6 months. His attributes look shocking, seems like they have all dropped by 3/4 (and he's on a 3 yr contract of 40K too). Has not even played a game for me. He's normally class and can save you 20m by not buying a DMC for a good few seasons. Not the best news for the start of my new season.

im gutted. Fernando, my free dmc signing from Porto who turns out to be excellent, had just come back from an 8 month injury (and looks poorish) has now got injured in training for 6 months. His attributes look shocking, seems like they have all dropped by 3/4 (and he's on a 3 yr contract of 40K too). Has not even played a game for me. He's normally class and can save you 20m by not buying a DMC for a good few seasons. Not the best news for the start of my new season.

Ouch, that's some rotten luck pal.

Thanks john1 :D

youngrookie, I take it Fernando was a good signing? He is on the transfer list for €900k which is a steal right? I just don't want to wait till his contract runs in case I miss out on him and for that price surely it's a no brainer for me? :D

You should definitely try to sign him NorthernGooner, he's a great player for that price. However I don't know if he's got injury problems. Maybe.

Thanks john1 :D

youngrookie, I take it Fernando was a good signing? He is on the transfer list for €900k which is a steal right? I just don't want to wait till his contract runs in case I miss out on him and for that price surely it's a no brainer for me? :D

yeah normally he's sound when concerning injuries, was immense on my newcastle save for 6 seasons. grab him now so he can adapt to life style changes and his new teammates etc etc.

yeah normally he's sound when concerning injuries, was immense on my newcastle save for 6 seasons. grab him now so he can adapt to life style changes and his new teammates etc etc.
You should definitely try to sign him NorthernGooner, he's a great player for that price. However I don't know if he's got injury problems. Maybe.

Unfortunately Liverpool were in for him as well and he decided to join them over me :thdn:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli-Logo-Ufficiale_zps4170f433.png

December 2013 - January 2014

fixtures2_zps60c7424a.png

Could have certainly been a better couple of months from my point of view. Higuain was injured for around three weeks so I had to put some trust into Rescaldani, although I didn't want to force him into the team this early but I feel he is the only player we have who can play upfront by himself. Insigne I see as more of a wide player who can take players on like Mertens, who is also now out injured.

The result against Livorno was disappointing to say the least, we found ourselves 1-0 down before Santon grabbed his first goal for the club in what I thought would clinch a draw, however lack of concentration cost us as we conceded an 89th minute equaliser. 11 shots and only 1 of these on target proved we weren't effecient enough up top. Next up we played Fiorentina at home in another game in which I was dissapointed in. Controlled most of the game, Higuain grabbed his 10th goal of the season in the league with 12 minutes to go before Fiorentina left-back Pasqual fired in a thunderbolt of a volley from 25 yards from a cleared corner, think Perisic against Arsenal in the Champions League for those of you who watched it, this goal won goal of the month unsurprisingly. Two good wins away from home against Parma and Sampdoria were exactly what we needed. Went into half time against Sampdoria 1-1 which I wasn't pleased with but after some changes we came out the better side to grab the three points.

Davide Santon got his second goal for the club against Hellas Verona who are having a great season, he put them 1-0 up through an own goal but made his ammends when he grabbed the all important equaliser. We've now done the double over Roma, scoring five goals and not conceding against them which is great considering the team that they have. Valon Behrami is probably my bets player this season, overall average rating of 7.41 and is tireless in winning the ball back. A 1-0 loss to Inter Milan following another late goal, this time by Ishak Belfodil, long ball of the top, Raul Albiol misjudged the flight of the ball and Belfodil was there one on one with the keeper.

Next up we face Juventus at home, already winning away again them this season I was looking to do the double. We then play Bologna away from home who are pushing for a European spot at the top of the table. After we finished third in our CL group we face FK Ausria Wien in the knockout of the Europa League.

table2_zps7c953f9f.png

Mixed feelings there NG :( Despite that, you are looking good at top of the league :thup:

Mixed feelings there NG :( Despite that, you are looking good at top of the league :thup:

Certainly, things are looking a bit better though. Just done the double over Juventus and beat Bologna and Udinese keeping a clean sheet in both.

-----------------------------------------------

Never had this happen in any of my saves before, I think he is just a little bit bitter about the loss and the fact that he is in line to lose his job. But to accuse him of my not wanting to shake hand with him is something else, I offered my open hand and he just shrugged it away :D

press1_zpsf7bae96f.png

press2_zps54776232.png

press3_zpsd416e20f.png

Very nice thread. I might dust off my Napoli save for FM14.

End of Feb in my first save on FM14 with Napoli. An indifferent first 3-4 months but am now on a fantastic unbeaten run. I'm using an unofficial update so have Jorginho (co-owned) and Henrique and don't have Armero and Eduardo Vargas etc.

Signed Balanta, Alvaro Vadillo and Cedric Soares all on permanent deals.

Signed Gaitan on loan but terminated it in Jan and signed Knockaert. Also signed Murru but loaned him straight back to his old club, will this affect his HG status? I offloaded Pandev, Maggio and Inler and also Fernandez on loan. Cancelled Reina's loan also.

Currently 2nd just beat Milan away 2-1 to put some distance between me and them in 4th. Am just ahead of Sampdoria but far behind Juventus.

In the summer I have coming in: Sergio Romero, Gabriel Barbosa and Ever Banega who I thought was a snip at £5m! Want to try and get full ownership of Jorginho.

Callejon has been awful for me! He has 0 goals and 0 assists.

Started a save with Napoli and currently just heading into December. Unbeaten in the league so far but unfortunetely i've had a freakish amount of draws so i'm off the pace by about 7 points but the Champions league is going well and i'm on course to qualify to the First round KO with a group of Barcelona, PSG and Olympiakos.

Only bit of business in the summer was Balanta in who will prove to be excellent long term, tried playing with him as a LB in the full back role but part of the problem with so many draws is lack of goals so i've moved him back inside but that obviously means either Albiol or Cannavaro missing out. Mainly playing a 4-2-3-1 of Reina, Maggio(RB), Armero (LB), Albiol, Balanta, Behrami, Inler, Callejon(AMR), Hamsik (AMC), Insigne (AML) and Higuain.

No one in particular has been in great form but particularly Higuain has been poor only managing 4 goals so far this season and with a lack of depth up top it's hard to drop him and put someone else in so that will be an area i'll look to add depth to in January.

Finished my first season in 3rd. Lost Higuain to a broken foot and Zapata wasn't scoring enough in the run he had, affected our run-in a bit.

So in addition to Sergio Romero, Gabriel Barbosa and Ever Banega who I had already agreed, I have signed Doria and Rafael for £18m each. Not sure if I've overpaid for Rafael, but it was either him or someone I'd never heard of on loan. Cedric Soares now has a real fight on his hands for the RB spot!

Also signed Mattia Perin for £3.2m, getting him tutored by Romero and will then loan him out in January. The plan is to use this season to decide my number 1 GK (Romero or Rafael), sell one in the summer and then bring in the homegrown Perin as the no.2 GK.

Outgoings in the summer 2014 transfer window have been Miguel Britos, Federico Fernandez, Blerim Dzemali and Duvan Zapata. Valencia bought Eduardo Vargas for an agreed fee of £1.7m (was a bit gutted) and I also lost out on all of my co-ownership bids on purpose, Pablo Armero the most notable. Loaned Walter Gargano back out.

Most players sold were for dirt cheap due to FM14's issues with selling players. My squad for 2014/2015 will be:

GK Rafael

GK Sergio Romero

GK Mattia Perin

LB Camilo Zuniga

LB Nicola Murru

RB Rafael

RB Cedric Soares

CB Eder Alvarez Balanta

CB Henrique

CB Doria

CB Raul Albiol

DMC Valon Behrami

DMC Josip Radosevic

MC Jorginho

MC Ever Banega

AMR Dries Mertens

AMR Alvaro Vadillo

AML Lorenzo Insigne

AML Jose Callejon

AMC Marek Hamsik

AMC Anthony Knockaert

STC Gonzalo Higuain

STC Gabriel Barbosa

Currently considering moves for Allione or Rodrigo Gomez, my right wing was poor last season compared to Insigne, Hamsik and Higuain who were on fire!

Second season...DONE!

Finished 2nd in Serie A on 80 points (6 behind Juventus).

Won the Italian Cup with a 7-1 win over Juve in the final :cool: including a Gabriel Barbosa hat-trick.

In the CL I qualified 2nd in my Group with PSG (at the expense of Real Madrid!) and then Chelsea knocked me out in the second round. I won the first leg 1-0 at home and they hammered me second leg as my team had awful morale, wasn't good timing. Think it was 4-2 on aggregate.

Squad is now looking like:

GK: Rafael / Mattia Perin

LB: Camilo Zuniga / Nicola Murru

RB: Rafael / Cedric Soares

CB: Eder Alvarez Balanta / Doria

CB: Raul Albiol / Davide Monteleone

DMC: Yann M'Vila / Josip Radosevic

MC: Jorginho / Ever Banega

AML: Lorenzo Insigne / Alvaro Vadillo

AMR: Rodrigo Gomez / Dries Mertens

AMC: Marek Hamsik / Anthony Knockaert

STC: Gonzalo Higuain / Gabriel Barbosa

About to start the third season, one final deal to do I think. Going to offload Mertens and bring in Iancu, will use Iancu as back-up AMC and put Knockaert at right-wing rotation with Rodrigo Gomez.

Hi, I have reloaded my first game of FM14 (from BETA still) which was Napoli. I am now in January 2014 and things haven't gone too well (7th in the league but within 3 points of 3rd). Nothing is lost yet but the whole save went through all the patches, so it is in no way consistent.

What I am struggling with is Higuain. He hasn't scored much and his confidence is very low now (when watching the games he misses simple chances). I play him as an AF or as a CF (a/s). Did anyone have success with him scoring and playing well? If so, in what role?

It may be that I just have to play some friendlies to get him firing again (in the hope that he does score against some easy opponents).

As to the game, I played some games and had lost 3 in a row, dropping to 7th and the board approached me asking what my plans were to turn it around. I asked till the end of the season but they didn't want to hear it, so I promised I would turn things around within a month.

After the talk we played AC Milan and lead 2-0 but Milan came back and then even lead 3-2 and we equalized in the end. Next was against Torino with a 2-0. So we have stopped the downspiral (which was also partially due to injuries to Pandev, Inler, Hamsik, Insigne, Behrami).

Rafael is currently first choice keeper since Reina was injured from the start and hasn't recovered his stats quite yet. Rafael has already surpassed him in certain attributes and has room to grow. I might not renew the loan with Reina and keep Rafael and bring in another backup keeper.

I brought in some new players in the winter transfer window (I disabled the first transfer window), most notably Verrati from PSG.

I struggled with Higuain in the first half of my 1st season but I think much of that had to do with poor service to him. Hamsik was particularly poor and it was probably a blessing in disguise when he done his hamstring and was ruled out for a few months, this allowed me to bring in Dzemaili as my main playmaker and he played a lot better than Hamsik had done.

The second half of the season Higuain scored a lot more, a bit to do with the above but I also think the further you go on in the game with players like Insigne and to a lesser extent Mertens then they improve and create more chances. In my second season Mertens is having a great season playing as a winger out on the right (AMR) he's scoring as many goals as games he's playing.

When Higuain was particularly poor I brought in Vargas for a couple of games but then changed it back, never wavered from playing him as AF and he has come good.

I was similar to you with Reina in the fact that he got injured so decided to stick with Rafael for the long term gain. I let Reina leave and head back to Liverpool at the end of the first season and brought in Koen Casteels for 2M as back up for Rafael.

Higuain has scored consistently for me over three seasons as AF (A). Any striker in the game misses loads of one-on-one's though.

My only complaint with Higuain is his injury problems, always seems to be injured for me.

Pre-season season four I've signed Rafa (£14m), Adnan Januzaj (£18m), Gabriel Iancu (£10m), Marco Verratti (£14m) and Tonny Trinddad de Vilhenna (free).

Sold Banega for £15m to Shakhtar and Dries Mertens for £2.5m to Crystal Palace. Loaned out Alvaro Vadillo (to Villarreal) and Jonathan Silva, as well as a few of my good regens. January in the third season I had offloaded Zuniga for £4m to Corinthians.

I'm over on wages ATM so seriously considering selling Hamsik and Higuain in the summer, as well as letting Raul Albiol go on a free.

Balanta is very error-prone for me, his stats are awesome so hoping he sorts it out.

Last season I won the league! Season four has started poorly though, have climbed back to fourth in the league after lingering in mid-table. Have had loads of injuries and jaded players after playing in the Olympics and other internationals during the summer. Been a bit of a mess so far this season.

Thank you for the feedback. He scored finally but then got injured the next game, so it is now up to Zapata and Vargas to shine. I think I will let Higuain go at the end of the season.

I have won the last couple of games and am up to 4th within 2 points of 2nd. Only Juventus is a bit ahead by 5 points. Nothing is lost yet. It is a tight race:

Juventus

Fiorentina

Lazio

Napoli

Atalanta

Cagliari

13th? AC Milan

Somewhere 15th? Inter

Won the league again in 16/17 :thup:

Main aim for this season is to win Serie A for the third time and get further in the CL.

Summer 2017 significant signings:

Lucas Digne - £10m

bw4h.png

Jesé - £13.25m

wc9j.png

Rinaldo Musu - £4.9m

706t.png

Fabrizio Lo Noce - £11.25m

6jsr.png

Anibal Arce - £4.2m

vxb8.png

Bought in a few other regens as well as my U19s was getting bare. Jorginho left for £10m, Nicola Murru for £3m, Alvaro Vadillo for £4m, Knockaert for £7.25m and Higuain for £100k (ridiculous I know). Also let Albiol go on a free.

Going to probably start a save with Napoli. Loved playing as them over the years. I love Serie A but the league always fails to give me a challenge after 3 seasons or so.. :( Might try to make Napoli an all Italian nationals team.

Season five - another Serie A title, another Italian Cup, and went out to Barca in the semi-final of the CL.

Made two big decisions in pre-season for season six, and decided to sell Balanta and Verratti! For £31m and £36m to Barca and Man Utd respectively.

Balanta - he's been with me for five seasons and I fancied a change, have replaced him with Thiago Casasola, bought from Benfica for £24m. Just pipped Real Madrid to him. I had an amazing Argentine CM arriving so he'll replace Verratti, but tbh last season I played Trindade de Vilhenna a lot at MC and he was outperforming Verratti. Dissapointing to lose a huge Italian talent but the offer was too good.

Also sold a Swiss 19 y/old regen for £10m to Fiorentina. He's a Striker (natural) / AML and I used him as a back-up AML last season for Insigne. Tbh though I like to play players in their natural positions and with Jese and Gabriel Barbosa around (and with an Italian wonderkid in the U19's) he ain't gonna get a look in when I only play one striker. Need to sign a young back-up AML and decide whether to keep Hamsik or not, probably will though!

Good times :)

oapl.png

I'm tempted to resign and focus on the Italy job for a year or two now.

Finished my first season with Napoli this past weekend, and thought I'd share a bit with everyone here, as this thread gave me the inspiration to start with them.

It became a real nail-biter at the end, but I managed to win the league. We started out hot, but then really lost form as the season wore on. I had a double-digit point lead on Juventus around the winter break, but then they became a machine and would not get anything other than a win while we gave up leads and settled for draws, or dropped games that we really should have been winning. It all came down to the final game of the season, we had a 1 point lead on Juve. A 2-2 draw with Lazio meant that we were heading for second place...then Atalanta scored to tie Juve in the 83rd! We both drew, and we were champions.

oqcxQ3d.png?1

My player of the year without a doubt was Hamsik, who rightly won the Serie A player of the year award. He had 15 goals and 10 assists, and towards the end of the season he really showed why he was captain, willing the team to results. He scored both for us in the final game of the season.

umAz4ks.png

Higuain started out a bit slow (I don't think he scored in a league game until late October), but then found his scoring touch and ended up in the team of the season, along with Hamsik in midfield and our defensive leader, Raul Albiol:

UR2JaCM.png?1

Albiol also won defender of the year (our signing Alvarez Balanta came in 3rd in voting).

Besides league glory, beyond all of my own expectations, I managed to pull of a treble! Okay, it was the Europa League and not the Champions League, but my job status is now untouchable after the first season.

My fixture list:

NfDC6oh.png

hvXFdRB.png

3Wt6Z34.png

Getting knocked out of our Champions League group at home by Zenit on the last day of the group at home was a big disappointment. I also lost to them 2-3 in St. Petersburg. I was frustrated by that, considering that we easily handled Porto, who I thought would be our biggest competition for the knockout stages. I felt slightly better when Zenit went on to barely lose to PSG in the semifinals! (PSG then lost to Real Madrid in the final).

The Europa League turned out to be a rollercoaster. First up was PAOK, who we beat 2-1 on aggregate. Then was Sevilla. 3-0 at home, sitting pretty for the return leg. A 3-1 loss in Sevilla meant we squeaked through. Next up was Swansea. A frustrating 2-2 result at home meant the away leg was going to be tense. We ran away with it, 2-0. Next up, Freiburg, who we actually played our first pre-season friendly against. Again, we did no favors to ourselves, winning 4-3 at home. We were losing 2-1, and Higuain was getting fatigued. I threw on Duvan Zapata and prayed he could do something. He scored on a header in the 91st minute to send us through!

dgHwfku.png

The final was against Marseilles, and again we had to make it dramatic:

5smnZXx.png

Going down a goal in the 9th minute. Higuain equalized in the 39th, and we got a OM own goal just before halftime. We come back and get another own goal just after the break. 3-1 and sitting pretty. Then Valbuena scores. 3-2. Valon Behrami, who picked up a yellow card just minutes earlier, furiously argues with the ref about it not being offside, and he picks up a second yellow for dissent. I try parking the bus, then Higuain gives us a bit of breathing room with his second goal in the 80th minute. Payet scores his second for OM in the 84th, and I was biting my nails until the final whistle.

I'm taking a break before launching into the new season. Really need to consider what to do with the squad. Reina has been a very good #1 goalkeeper, but I'm not interested in paying for the transfer fee, and getting rid of his wages would definitely give us some breathing room. I'm also debating on giving Pandev a new contract beyond the end of next season.

Wish I read this earlier and began a save, but started this morning and brought in Balanta, Gabriel Silva LB from Udinese, Lucas Romero and Marco Verratti and Tony Trinidad.

Sold Behrami, Maggio, Britos and Mesto and released Colombo. Spurs are sniffing around Pandev and I'd probably let him go because only playing 1 up front.

Pre-Season nearly over, will update as I go along.

How is everyone's Napoli careers going? Thinking of taking the plunge. Is Serie A a fun league to manage in?

Having had a great save with these for the last three years i felt it was about time i tried them this year.

I have gone with a 4-2-3-1 with Inler and Behrami in front of the centre backs. Its not really a back four as the two full backs are going to be more wing backs as i want them to get forward as much as possible. Hamsik is clearly behind Higuain, on the wing i have bought Griezmann in as i have always wanted to manage him and he looks class.

The idea is to be anti-Italian, very attacking, very quick tempo, a little bit direct, lots of pressure and hassling. The way i like it.