Sports Interactive Community
ljwjones

How many would restart.

Would you restart?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you restart?

• Yes
    • No

However I definitely sympathise with the OP and the disastrous ref! There should definitely be some reaction from the media and fans with such a performance in such a game. That would at least soften the blow slightly by giving the player something unusual to read. Hopefully this will be in future versions. It would definitely be my gut reaction to whack the shutdown button! But I have learned to punch soft furnishings instead and carry on! Better being honest in the long run...

I don't see any harm in anyone restarting if they want to, God knows, FM cheats more than any of us when it feels like it. Some games you could play for 24 hours and never score and than, because the game decides your centre backs have lost all memory of what they were employed to do, or your full backs now like to stand around watching until the strikers have already gone thundering past, or because your goalkeeper is messing around doing John Cleese 'Ministry of Silly Walks' impersonations instead of keeping goal, or because you've yet again conceded one of those corners that's going to be a goal before the ball is even kicked......

If I lose a game because of FM's stupidity, I would have no qualms about playing it again at all... If I lose fair and square, that's another point altogether.

I don't see any harm in anyone restarting if they want to, God knows, FM cheats more than any of us when it feels like it. Some games you could play for 24 hours and never score and than, because the game decides your centre backs have lost all memory of what they were employed to do, or your full backs now like to stand around watching until the strikers have already gone thundering past, or because your goalkeeper is messing around doing John Cleese 'Ministry of Silly Walks' impersonations instead of keeping goal, or because you've yet again conceded one of those corners that's going to be a goal before the ball is even kicked......

If I lose a game because of FM's stupidity, I would have no qualms about playing it again at all... If I lose fair and square, that's another point altogether.

I wouldn't say it cheats as it doesn't know the difference between the users team and the AI team but as you say its seriously frustrating when things go against you. Anyone is entitled to play their game the way they like, as long as they don't reload and then come on saying how brilliant they've done and won everything.

I would also say to the people who do reload when they feel they've been cheated, do you reload when you win through a fault or bug?

What if you win a game because of 'FM's stupidity', do you play those ones again too?

What if you win a game because of 'FM's stupidity', do you play those ones again too?

To be honest Dave, once the game starts turning out 'stupidity' I usually end the match before it's even finished, whether I'm winning or not.

I agree, it depends how stupid it really is, had some Penalties conceded this season 10 games in, that were clean tackles and clearly so, gone on to win those games but frustarting.

I actually would. Maybe it comes from the fact the I'm a software developer and I hate bugs in my code. They need to be fixed, and I see mistakes by refs in the same light. "Why didn't he get that right? We can clearly see it was wrong, and there's an easy fix!" I see that I'm in the minority, and of course the talking points are fun sometimes, but I'd still take no mistakes if I could. In the case of FM, I wish that there was an option for that - "turn off referee mistakes", or something similar - since obviously a computer program knows exactly what happened and can get the call right 100% of the time if programmed to do so.

Funny you mention being a software develoepr. I am too fixing bugs day after day.

Also it happened again last night, goal scored, goal disallowed for offside, replays show it wasn't, we go on to lose to an own goal. 2 times in 3 real life days. I have played on as was in champions league and i don't really want to win that yet until i can dominate domestically. This time i have a replay!!

Incase it isn't clear, that was the goal that got ruled out.

Also it happened again last night, goal scored, goal disallowed for offside, replays show it wasn't, we go on to lose to an own goal. 2 times in 3 real life days. I have played on as was in champions league and i don't really want to win that yet until i can dominate domestically. This time i have a replay!!

The player that scored the goal wasn't offside, but on the original shot you had a player offside ad made a movement towards the ball when it hit the defender. Thats the only reason why I can see it being ruled out for offside.

Can see why it was given, from what Webb mentioned below.

The player that scored the goal wasn't offside, but on the original shot you had a player offside ad made a movement towards the ball when it hit the defender. Thats the only reason why I can see it being ruled out for offside.

Well, surely he can't be offside if a member of the opposition played/touched the ball before the goal?

It would have been given because the ball was played to him when he was offside, the defender then tried to intercept and played it to your striker. Its not a ref mistake, but questionable as to if its offside given whats happened in the premier league recently.

..and to be honest, I agree that some referring errors should exist in FM, it adds a touch of realism to the game even if it is bloody annoying when it happens.

But hey why does it matter if it was offside or not, at least FM allows you to just play the game again rather than real life which doesnt !

But from what i can see when i rewatch it now as Romero hits the ball it is certainly a shot, there is no way it is a pass. The ball is aiming towards to top corner where as the offside player is stood to the opposite side of the net and would only have touched it if Romero had aimed for the other corner. All the time Bernard('goalscorer') was stiood in a perfectly legal position onside with (i think) 4 players then the keeper between him and the net. When the goal was disallowed the box at the bottom was for Bernard being offside not the striker. At no point in the move and goal does Bernard even pass the line of defenders so how is it possible to think he is every considered to be offside.

..and to be honest, I agree that some referring errors should exist in FM, it adds a touch of realism to the game even if it is bloody annoying when it happens.

...however I do agree referees should make some mistakes, but this one seem a bit far fetched as a mistake due to Bernard not passing the defence at any point, or even really drawing level.

Have you uploaded the PKM and made a bug thread? If not, why not?

because it seems to be a feature to make mistakes rather than a bug?

Depends. Ref mistakes are in the game, but that doesnt mean all mistakes are coded ones. The best folk to decide are the dev's.

At the very least they could tell you why the game thought it was offside.

Depends. Ref mistakes are in the game, but that doesnt mean all mistakes are coded ones. The best folk to decide are the dev's.

At the very least they could tell you why the game thought it was offside.

then i guess when home I shall be uploading and reporting to see the reason.

But from what i can see when i rewatch it now as Romero hits the ball it is certainly a shot, there is no way it is a pass. The ball is aiming towards to top corner where as the offside player is stood to the opposite side of the net and would only have touched it if Romero had aimed for the other corner.

To me it looks like your most advanced player could be interfering with the GK seeing the shot, hence the call. Your player is right behind the defender who intercepts it, so he clearly could have touched it.

Bad refereeing decisions that cost teams games happen every week in real life. You can try and justify yourself all you want and you're entitled to play the game your way, but this is a clear case of cheating. Of that there is no doubt. Hollow "victory" that one mate, incorrect decisions by refs are a massive part of football and you should learn to deal with them without cheating.