Why is it so hard to get a parent club?

I've taken Albion Rovers up the Scottish divisions, I'm in the Championship now and despite trying every single time it allows me to ask, I've found it impossible to get a parent club. It's bollocks really.

Do I need to change my tactics :rolleyes:

Its seems too easy to get one. In my game Champions league winners Celtic have Man Utd as a parent club, its insane.

That's one thing that initially sprung to mind when this came up. In a few saves I've seen Celtic get parent clubs - that's ridiculous for me. I just can't see a team like Celtic acting like a genuine feeder club. In-game, it seems to just be a facility to get free players. Almost like a cheat.

If you look at the parent/feeder links in Scotland at the start of the game they are not that common, a change of owners might bring with it a change in thinking.

I am basically the only team in my division that doesn't have one.

That's one thing that initially sprung to mind when this came up. In a few saves I've seen Celtic get parent clubs - that's ridiculous for me. I just can't see a team like Celtic acting like a genuine feeder club. In-game, it seems to just be a facility to get free players. Almost like a cheat.

Celtic and Barcelona have/had a relationship that functions as a feeder/parent system, even though Marc Crosas was the only fruit of that. When the deal happened it was mentioned, and that other players had previously been offered the move but declined.

I am basically the only team in my division that doesn't have one.

Celtic and Barcelona have/had a relationship that functions as a feeder/parent system, even though Marc Crosas was the only fruit of that. When the deal happened it was mentioned, and that other players had previously been offered the move but declined.

Yeah, but things are a lot more subtle in real life, as you've shown. In FM it's just a blunt object that often means a stream of good players to your club for very little outlay. In fact, you're getting money from them each year for taking these players.

In FM it's just a blunt object that often means a stream of good players to your club for very little outlay. In fact, you're getting money from them each year for taking these players.

I know, because every other team in my league is taking advantage of that!

I think Celtic have Chelsea in my save. I'm Rangers and have none, mainly because my board always approve it but never find a suitable one. Gets annoying when they get 2-4 players for free. Now I think we are too big for one, but in the lower leagues it would have been handy monetary wise.

I got mine very easily, almost immediately after I got the club since I specifically asked for it. So...no. It's not hard.

I've asked non stop for over 4 seasons, and on other saves have gone through the leagues over 8+ years constantly being refused. So... yes it is hard.

I'm not in Scotland but it has been a disaster trying to get decent feeder clubs. I'm in 2019 and the board allowed to pick one myself just once. When I ask them to find the club (I always choose one of two options for youngsters) I get awful suggestions from non-loaded leagues. Israel, Belarus, South Africa and Egypt, for example.

Yeah, but things are a lot more subtle in real life, as you've shown. In FM it's just a blunt object that often means a stream of good players to your club for very little outlay. In fact, you're getting money from them each year for taking these players.

Yeah exactly, right now Celtic have 2 wonderkids on loan from Man Utd, and 4 others, so 6 starting first teamers are on loan from Man Utd and this is the club that last season won the biggest club comp in the world, it makes no sense, and kinda ruins the realism of it all. Celtic just dont buy players, they loan every season, last season they only had 14 players who were theirs, the rest were on loan.

I've asked non stop for over 4 seasons, and on other saves have gone through the leagues over 8+ years constantly being refused. So... yes it is hard.

What can I say, I got appointed for Berwick Rangers and got Motherwell almost immediately and I could even choose from a couple more teams.

Maybe it works better if you have it as a "clause" in your contract and not just request it from the board (which probably needs you to gain their trust first?)

Archived