[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is how yours and Tom Dixons hard work (Steklo Skin) look for me playing my game: (cannot forget the creators of the steel logo's and real flags and panini facepacks as well)

Have you got a decent kit megapack you could recommend. I had a look around but couldn't find one. The one I've got currently is about 5 years old by the look of it. blatently flouting the rules on not requesting graphics...

Andrew. What do u think about this problem. http://bildr.no/view/QXdvazRP On matchday i cant really c the stadiums..

Unfortunately, because of the animated matchday background it isn't possible to see the stadium on matchdays anymore. I have heard whispers that it can be made to work with certain skins if watching the match in 2D classic mode but I've never seen it myself.

I'm gutted personally because I used to love getting a bit of atmosphere with a picture of the stadium. I used to like playing a lower league game and the stadiums improving with moving up the leagues.

Hmm, not sure about why the mini photos are not working. I've just tried it with Alvajana 14 perfection 1.4 and they work for me. Have you tried completely closing down FM and re-starting, I find this can sort out a lot of funny issues.

I'm using 1.5 which could be why, they show up after the match has finished on the overview screen. It could be something I've done, not sure. I'm happy with it though to be honest, great work mate

These look really good,although how did u manage to research all the pictures,with so much detail.great work.

Cheers. I start with Wikipedia which lists the gps coordinates of the stadium and then pull up the location in Panoramio which links images to a location. Sometimes I get an image there but usually it just gives me an idea what the stadium looks like (to make sure I get the correct images). Usually I then go to Google image search see what I can pull up in a search. Google translate helps with the foreign stadiums, I've spent many hours reading articles on foreign language websites to ensure I've got the right stadium. There are a variety of other sources, Flickr and the like. Usually a team will take me 10-15 minutes to get a picture I'm happy with.

I tend to have a bit of a poke around the local area on Panoramio, I quite enjoy getting a feel for it. It sort of feels like visiting :)

I've still got to go through the Scottish league and cups. I have a general plan to update all the league and cup competitions in June when the season finishes. I'll then do the same on a yearly basis. The N.Irish leagues will definately be the same and I'm pretty sure I've got Juventus celebrating winning Serie B on that leagues pic. Definately need work but as I'll only be updating at the end of the season anyway I'll hold off on these for now.

I had a trip to Whitby yesterday with my wife & son. Since I was there I swung by Whitby Town's ground to take a few pictures. I got some good pictures of the exterior, it was matchday and 3 of Whitby's players were getting their kit out of the car so are in shot. A very nice chap from the club said I could go inside and take some pictures so I've got some good ones of the interior as well :). I'll upload with the next update.

Solihull Moors background picture looks wrong (it's another team celebtrating with a trophy).

It's because I haven't added Solihull Moors just yet (will have added the 7th level in the next update). If no image is available the game will firstly use the image for the league (in this case the Skrill North/South) and if this isn't available it uses the image for the nation.

This looks like a brilliant mod from the screenshots. My skin of choice is "Better Panels for FM2014" but I can't seem to get it working properly with this, despite a lot of fiddling around. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it

never even heard of that skin m8 lol.

This looks like a brilliant mod from the screenshots. My skin of choice is "Better Panels for FM2014" but I can't seem to get it working properly with this, despite a lot of fiddling around. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it

Oh, I got it from Steam Workshop, its one of the most popular on there apparently. Steam is down at the moment for me

Yeah same here masonma71,so what do i search for on workshop and il take a look i use scorpioV4 great skin,goes well with Andy's backgrounds pack.

Yeah same here masonma71,so what do i search for on workshop and il take a look i use scorpioV4 great skin,goes well with Andy's backgrounds pack.

Hi mate, when / if it comes back on, just search the skins and it should it come up in top 10 most popular. I'll try installing the scorpiov4 instead and use that when its working again

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. I'll have update 1.3 out this weekend. Just got to finish the Southern Premier League and it will be ready to go. Let me know of any last minute requests for inclusion and I'll see what I can do.

New Backgrounds added include:

Australia A League

US MLS

Belgian Pro League

Swiss Super League

Turkish Super Lig

Greek Super League

Welsh Premier League

Irish Premier League

English Northern Premier League

English Isthmian Premier League

English Southern League

No progress since my last post. I've been away for a few days and went out for the day today. Should get the English Level 7 done tomorrow and I'll release late tomorrow.

Cool,look forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay but I have uploaded version 1.3 tonight. I was having issues finding good images for a few teams in the Southern Premier League which set me back a bit.

I have only uploaded a full version download, I won't do a smaller 'update' download as there have been some structural changes in the config files so to ensure everyone is on the same version best if everyone deletes what they have an re-downloads.

There are close to 300 new/updated images in version 1.3.

Update 1.4 will be a slightly smaller update. I want to add Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and the larger Eastern European nations as I find these important for general gameplay. I want to have this out in a month or so as version 1.5 will be larger and will have a complete refresh of the competition images (once the seasons are all finished). There will be some major surgery to the English Leagues in 1.5. This will be more apparent for myself than you as the end user as it will be in the structure of my spreadsheet. I want to add the english leagues down to levels 10/11. I keep finding good images for clubs at these levels but have to abandon them as I haven't got them setup to go, I will start adding as I come across teams.

I have added two alternative config files to the first post if anyone is interested.

As always, I am interested in any feedback, bugs or requests so please let me know.

Great work! The vast majority of your pictures are wonderful and greatly improve the game. There are several however that I dislike, and I'll list them below in the spirit of offering constructive criticism.

The Swedish FA logo that shows up as a background for Swedish competitions is extremely jarring and unsightly. I'd much prefer to see it handled in the same manner as Finland, which has the stylized flag as a background. It looks much better IMO. The Swedish FA logo wouldn't be so bad if it showed up on solely the Competition pages, but it shows up as the background for every lower league club, making LLM in Sweden using your work visually unsettling.

The same applies for the competition backgrounds on offer for England. While they offer a good immersive element in the initial season, in any save extending beyond one season they become obsolete, and in my opinion annoying. I'm not sure it makes sense to have SAF's face behind the 2024 BPL season, even if it did look good in the first season of the game. Maybe you could add some Alternative backgrounds that users can switch out after a season?

As far as individual stadium pictures go I'm not a huge fan of the current Chelsea outside stadium picture. It seems to be taken at a slightly different angle than most of the other BPL pictures which I find a bit jarring. Something seems a little off about the Palace and Fulham exterior pictures as well, although I can't quite put my finger on it. All of the other BPL pictures are excellent as far as I'm concerned though.

With the Championship stadiums the shot of Birmingham's exterior feels a bit zoomed in. The Burnley exterior image feels as if it doesn't capture a ton of the stadium. I love the Brighton, Doncaster and Barnsley images though.

In league 1 I'm not in love with the Oldham, Tranmere or Port Vale exteriors, although the rest are excellently done.

In league 2 the Bristol rovers exterior is not to my taste, and Burton is displaying the Competition background rather than their stadium exterior. Chesterfiled's exterior would be great if it was cropped slightly higher. Mansfield might benefit if a little bit less of the parking lot was shown.

In the BSP Nuneaton's exterior isn't my favorite, nor is Salisbury's.

In the Skrill North, Oxford is displaying the competition background instead of their stadium. The same is true of Solihull Moors and Leamington. I love the Stalybridge Celtic exterior. Brackley town's exterior is extremely blurry. Bradford PA also seems to be of lower resolution than it's counterparts, but is less blurred than Brackley. The image of the Nethermoor is excellent (Guiseley).

In the South Gosport is displaying the comp. background. I don't like Weston Super Mare's exterior.

In Wales the Lido, Airbus, Carmarthen and Prestatyn exterior images seem below the standard of the others.

Your Scottish Images are excellent. Rangers is the only exterior shot I don't like.

As far as continental stadiums go, I don't like the FC Vestsjaelland exterior (Denmark). Is there a reason why a couple Suprettan clubs have images while the majority don't?

Anyway, excellent work! Your pictures greatly enhance the quality of the game and it's clear you've put a lot of effort into this endeavor!

Great work! The vast majority of your pictures are wonderful and greatly improve the game. There are several however that I dislike, and I'll list them below in the spirit of offering constructive criticism.

The Swedish FA logo that shows up as a background for Swedish competitions is extremely jarring and unsightly. I'd much prefer to see it handled in the same manner as Finland, which has the stylized flag as a background. It looks much better IMO. The Swedish FA logo wouldn't be so bad if it showed up on solely the Competition pages, but it shows up as the background for every lower league club, making LLM in Sweden using your work visually unsettling.

The same applies for the competition backgrounds on offer for England. While they offer a good immersive element in the initial season, in any save extending beyond one season they become obsolete, and in my opinion annoying. I'm not sure it makes sense to have SAF's face behind the 2024 BPL season, even if it did look good in the first season of the game. Maybe you could add some Alternative backgrounds that users can switch out after a season?

As far as individual stadium pictures go I'm not a huge fan of the current Chelsea outside stadium picture. It seems to be taken at a slightly different angle than most of the other BPL pictures which I find a bit jarring. Something seems a little off about the Palace and Fulham exterior pictures as well, although I can't quite put my finger on it. All of the other BPL pictures are excellent as far as I'm concerned though.

With the Championship stadiums the shot of Birmingham's exterior feels a bit zoomed in. The Burnley exterior image feels as if it doesn't capture a ton of the stadium. I love the Brighton, Doncaster and Barnsley images though.

In league 1 I'm not in love with the Oldham, Tranmere or Port Vale exteriors, although the rest are excellently done.

In league 2 the Bristol rovers exterior is not to my taste, and Burton is displaying the Competition background rather than their stadium exterior. Chesterfiled's exterior would be great if it was cropped slightly higher. Mansfield might benefit if a little bit less of the parking lot was shown.

In the BSP Nuneaton's exterior isn't my favorite, nor is Salisbury's.

In the Skrill North, Oxford is displaying the competition background instead of their stadium. The same is true of Solihull Moors and Leamington. I love the Stalybridge Celtic exterior. Brackley town's exterior is extremely blurry. Bradford PA also seems to be of lower resolution than it's counterparts, but is less blurred than Brackley. The image of the Nethermoor is excellent (Guiseley).

In the South Gosport is displaying the comp. background. I don't like Weston Super Mare's exterior.

In Wales the Lido, Airbus, Carmarthen and Prestatyn exterior images seem below the standard of the others.

Your Scottish Images are excellent. Rangers is the only exterior shot I don't like.

As far as continental stadiums go, I don't like the FC Vestsjaelland exterior (Denmark). Is there a reason why a couple Suprettan clubs have images while the majority don't?

Anyway, excellent work! Your pictures greatly enhance the quality of the game and it's clear you've put a lot of effort into this endeavor!

Cheers for the feedback :)

The English leagues are going to get a massive overhaul in the patch after next so I'll certainly have a second look at the ones you've flagged up. I've fixed a couple of bugs (Brackley and Burton). I agree on some of the ones you mention, Chelsea is a good example and I've been thinking about changing this for a bit (as the bigger clubs turn up in the game more often it's best to have good pics), I also concur on Rangers. I'll sort these two today I think. I actually quite like Port Vale's, I have a thing for statues though... each to their own I suppose.

On the non-league teams, it's often a case of taking what I can get. Some of the missing ones (showing competition backgrounds) are just because I haven't done them yet. All playable teams will be done for patch 1.5 as well as those from the leagues below and I'm aiming to get a lot of even lower teams done. The ones you mention in Wales were a nightmare... I was really struggling to get anything at all.

The reason for there being a couple of Suprettan teams is probably because the teams ground share with teams in the top flight so I included the same image. I haven't gone to the second level for many nations yet (I will revisit these further down the line).

Glad you like the Guiseley pic, I took this myself. I went for a trip out one Sunday and did a load of the local teams. The rest aren't in the game just yet as they are from the levels below but should be in there with 1.5. Stalybridge is one of my favourite images as well.

Thanks for taking the time to give me this level of feedback. I will certainly take it onboard.

Cheers for the feedback :)

The English leagues are going to get a massive overhaul in the patch after next so I'll certainly have a second look at the ones you've flagged up. I've fixed a couple of bugs (Brackley and Burton). I agree on some of the ones you mention, Chelsea is a good example and I've been thinking about changing this for a bit (as the bigger clubs turn up in the game more often it's best to have good pics), I also concur on Rangers. I'll sort these two today I think. I actually quite like Port Vale's, I have a thing for statues though... each to their own I suppose.

On the non-league teams, it's often a case of taking what I can get. Some of the missing ones (showing competition backgrounds) are just because I haven't done them yet. All playable teams will be done for patch 1.5 as well as those from the leagues below and I'm aiming to get a lot of even lower teams done. The ones you mention in Wales were a nightmare... I was really struggling to get anything at all.

The reason for there being a couple of Suprettan teams is probably because the teams ground share with teams in the top flight so I included the same image. I haven't gone to the second level for many nations yet (I will revisit these further down the line).

Glad you like the Guiseley pic, I took this myself. I went for a trip out one Sunday and did a load of the local teams. The rest aren't in the game just yet as they are from the levels below but should be in there with 1.5. Stalybridge is one of my favourite images as well.

Thanks for taking the time to give me this level of feedback. I will certainly take it onboard.

No problem! As you say, some, such as the Port Vale one ultimately come down to personal preference. Ah, okay that makes sense for the Suprettan teams. The Guiseley pic is excellent, much better than what I'm guessing are some professional pictures you've used for some of the higher up teams in the pyramid! KUTGW!

Anybody reccomend a skin to go along nicly with this background pack?

I use Alavanja Perfection myself at the moment. I've been rotating a bit through skins this year. Is Vexillium any good? I was eyeing it up but might wait until it's been released a few months and bugs are fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew,

Please help - i have downloaded your pack which is fantastic! I think maybe i am doing some thing wrong, it all works great, however when i go into a match it does not display the stadium pic, it always reverts to an exterior night shot of a ground every game home and away. I have tried downloading the config in #40 and that has not helped. I have tried various skins including the skin you use and scorpio v3 - however with scorpio v3 even if the stadium was there during the match it would be hard to see as the skin has dark blue boxes over the top. With the one you recommend the background is always a large round empty stadium on every screen, including match day.

Does this make sense - any ideas?

Andrew,

Please help - i have downloaded your pack which is fantastic! I think maybe i am doing some thing wrong, it all works great, however when i go into a match it does not display the stadium pic, it always reverts to an exterior night shot of a ground every game home and away. I have tried downloading the config in #40 and that has not helped. I have tried various skins including the skin you use and scorpio v3 - however with scorpio v3 even if the stadium was there during the match it would be hard to see as the skin has dark blue boxes over the top. With the one you recommend the background is always a large round empty stadium on every screen, including match day.

Does this make sense - any ideas?

Unfortunately I think this is how the game displays now. I would love it if the pics showed more prominently on matchday but I think if the option is there, most skin makers aren't utilising it (I don't know much about skin making). If you find out, let me know :)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. I'm about 2/3 of the way through a sizable update. I was aiming for something more modest but ended up doing the top flights of 5 south american nations as well as most of Eastern Europe.

I should have this released in a week or so. After this I'll crack on an even bigger update of the English lower leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit later than I intended but update v1.4 is now up.

Quite a hefty update with a lot of leagues added, full details and download links are in the first post of this thread.

This adds lots of images for nations in South America and Eastern Europe. There are also quite a few miscellaneous changes, mainly in England and to a handful of competition images (English leagues and major cup competitions have been updated)

I'm now starting work on a big update to the English lower leagues. While 1.4 was uploading to Mediafire I made a fair bit of progress with the structure in the spreadsheet that tracks the images. This is always the worst bit that needs doing before I can start browsing images. I'm aiming for the next update to coincide with the release of FM2015 in November but might put out another before then.

I had a trip down to Staffordshire recently and as I was on my way, wound my way past quite a few grounds (mainly non-league) and took pictures for the pack. I got Oldham, Stockport, Hyde Town, Macclesfield Town, Leek Town, New Mills, Curzon Ashton & Ashton United. I haven't added these to the pack with this update but will be in the next version. I'll be having a couple of trips down to Leicester this month so I'm planning to get some more pics on the way down.

Archived