[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

yes mate,small circular type icon on the top left hand corner of the screen.

I have seen that with a few other skins, but i am pretty sure it wasn't there when i tried Steklo. Maybe it didn't load correctly or something. Have to give it another try at some point.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey buddy,

I thought I would share with you a few alternates I have been using - Having BLUE SQUARE on the wallpaper for the Skrill leagues was bugging me lol!

These are just the thumbnails - the 1860 one is 1080p, the skrill ones are a fair bit smaller and are a little fuzzy as backgrounds, but until I find one with a clearer resolution, these will do for me but just PM me if you want any of the files

Might do it for the other competitions that have recently changed sponsor too.

Loving the work you've been doing though!

B48BI4Pl.jpg

CRVkuc6l.jpg

apkJY3Bl.jpg

JIng95Rl.jpg

Hey buddy,

I thought I would share with you a few alternates I have been using - Having BLUE SQUARE on the wallpaper for the Skrill leagues was bugging me lol!

These are just the thumbnails - the 1860 one is 1080p, the skrill ones are a fair bit smaller and are a little fuzzy as backgrounds, but until I find one with a clearer resolution, these will do for me but just PM me if you want any of the files

Might do it for the other competitions that have recently changed sponsor too.

Loving the work you've been doing though!

B48BI4Pl.jpg

CRVkuc6l.jpg

apkJY3Bl.jpg

JIng95Rl.jpg

Cheers mate, I've gone down a slightly different road with the competition images. I've got a picture for each league/cup of the winner celebrating with the trophy. Obviously it will be last years Champions (and it does involve having Alex Ferguson's gurning mug on the Premiership one) but I think it is effective and relevant. It's a nightmare to get good images of the trophys or logos for a current season. I'll see what response I get when I post the update tomorrow. I sort of threw in the competitions with the last update but they definitely needed work (probably should have sorted them out before including but hey-ho).

I'll PM you my email about the 1860 one, I'm not 100% happy with my Allianz images so i'll certainly have a dabble with it. I think I need to look for one involving fans walking around the ground because it looks a bit odd as the foreground object. I tend to only really work these things out after playing the game a bit and looking at the images a lot as tends to happen with the top clubs. I have changed the juventus image for this reason in the next update.

No worries mate.

By the way - your Pack, it does add the stadium images under in the Club overview and National team information panels too doesn't?

I'm just trying to figure out why a lot of my national teams don't have their stadiums showing - things like wembley and the portugese national stadiums just appear as those coloured seats.

How would I go about setting them up in the config?

Image to clarify:

jyCop0el.png

(and it does involve having Alex Ferguson's gurning mug on the Premiership one)....as a Utd fan you have to give us something to hang to:D....think that 20 times song will still be in use for the next 20 years...as there wont be another one for sometime(thank god we have FM where they still can win something especially with Moyes sacked ) I enjoy your background files they are great feature thanks for the work:thup:

Will this be released tonight? eargerly waiting for a little look!!!!

Yeah, probably not for a couple of hours. still a bit of work on the competition images to do. I'll aim for half tennish. Needs doing tonight because I'm out with the missus for valentines day tomorrow night and I don't fancy my chances of explaining to her that I want to spend a couple of hours cropping images when we get in... ;)

No worries mate.

By the way - your Pack, it does add the stadium images under in the Club overview and National team information panels too doesn't?

I'm just trying to figure out why a lot of my national teams don't have their stadiums showing - things like wembley and the portugese national stadiums just appear as those coloured seats.

How would I go about setting them up in the config?

Image to clarify:

jyCop0el.png

Now there's a thing. I purposefully removed them last year because the skin I used didn't seem to have a stadium background for nations so they seemed pointless. Apparently I was wrong... if you look in the pack, there are actually a few images still in there (like england-stad.jpg) but these were a legacy thing.

I'll sort this out in the config tonight for the update. A lot of nations will have an image because a club side plays at the same stadium which is why some show up. Part of my reason for removing this for nations was the overlap between national and club stadiums. No problem though, Wembley needs to be in there!

Nice one mate look forward to it,we all appreciate your hard work :)

Yeah, probably not for a couple of hours. still a bit of work on the competition images to do. I'll aim for half tennish. Needs doing tonight because I'm out with the missus for valentines day tomorrow night and I don't fancy my chances of explaining to her that I want to spend a couple of hours cropping images when we get in... ;)

I figured as much - it only seems to be the nations that have dedicated stadiums - Portugal, Bolivia (?) and England are the three ive come across so far, but I'm sure there are others. Either way I love what you've done so far and will be eagerly awaiting the new updates!

Cheers for all the feedback guys :) I'm just uploading so the link should be up in 10 mins.

Yeah, I took a call on the nations that had dedicated stadiums being in the minority and since they didn't seem to show up anywhere I pulled them. I've put the fix in for England and France (got to have Wembley in the game!!!). I'll have to trawl through for the rest for update 1.3. Unfortunately Steklo doesn't seem to show the national stadiums so I can't test them, let me know if they don't show up.

The link for the update to v1.2 is up on the first post now. I won't upload a full version for v1.2, I'll keep this one to just an update from v1.1.

This adds new competition images for all of the English competitions as the Polish and Ukrainian top flights and new images for the English Skrill North/South and the Isthmian Premier. 157 images are added/replaced in total.

I can confirm that Wembley is back as is the Stade de France. I'll have a look through the countries over the weekend and post a list of countries that are affected for you to allow you to focus on the various leagues around the world that you haven't started yet

I can confirm that Wembley is back as is the Stade de France. I'll have a look through the countries over the weekend and post a list of countries that are affected for you to allow you to focus on the various leagues around the world that you haven't started yet

Nice one. Cheers dude.

Nice work Andrew,is the updated link just on the OP?

Cheers again mate :)

There seems to be update link 1.1 -> 1.2, just downloading it myself :)

I found updated version for the skin i am using (Scorpio v4 now, used to be Scorpio v3), it has darker panels on news item, so now the backgrounds work perfectly for me too :)

edit:

Great work Andrew Haines, really like these backgrounds.

One question, if i would like to add a background for certain team, how would i do it?

I am currently managing Piacenza in Serie C and they don't seem to have a dedicated background (using the Italy background instead), so could i add one myself somehow?

There seems to be update link 1.1 -> 1.2, just downloading it myself :)

I found updated version for the skin i am using (Scorpio v4 now, used to be Scorpio v3), it has darker panels on news item, so now the backgrounds work perfectly for me too :)

edit:

Great work Andrew Haines, really like these backgrounds.

One question, if i would like to add a background for certain team, how would i do it?

I am currently managing Piacenza in Serie C and they don't seem to have a dedicated background (using the Italy background instead), so could i add one myself somehow?

I can whip you up and image and dropbox it with an updated config file to you tonight/tomorrow if you want. Any other teams while I'm at it?

I can whip you up and image and dropbox it with an updated config file to you tonight/tomorrow if you want. Any other teams while I'm at it?

That would be great!

Next season my team will be in Serie B, so i assume most of the opponents already have their images?

I don't want to bother you with more Serie C images as i hopefully won't be playing this league in the near future :)

edit: Piacenza stadium picture would be nice too. Stadium is called Leonardo Garilli.

That would be great!

Next season my team will be in Serie B, so i assume most of the opponents already have their images?

I don't want to bother you with more Serie C images as i hopefully won't be playing this league in the near future :)

edit: Piacenza stadium picture would be nice too. Stadium is called Leonardo Garilli.

No problem at all. Serie C is on my agenda but want to cover off a good spread of top flights first. All this seasons serie b sides are in there.

No problem at all. Serie C is on my agenda but want to cover off a good spread of top flights first. All this seasons serie b sides are in there.

Let's put a public thanks here as well :)

I just got the Piacenza team and stadium pictures to my game, amazing "customer service" from Andrew Haines :)

Let's put a public thanks here as well :)

I just got the Piacenza team and stadium pictures to my game, amazing "customer service" from Andrew Haines :)

No problem at all mate, you need to have the pic of the team you are playing in the game. :)

If anyone else wants the team they are playing adding quickly let me know and I'll sort something out.

of interest Andrew what skin do you use

I use Steklo since it was released last month but I have used various skins this year. In previous years Steklo was an automatic choice but I think the standard has gone up a lot across the board this year and I have very much enjoyed using skins like Scorpio, Alavanja Pervection and Bergkamp.

Because of the previous requests, I have created three extra config files that load the images on different screens in the game. If you wish to use one (please note they are a little ruff and ready) copy the zip file into the folder containing the images and extract. Click yes to overwrite the existing file.

Config file that retains the exterior image for team info screens but loads the interior stadium image for the squad and player screens

Config file that loads only the interior stadium images

Config file that reverses where the exterior and interior images are set to

Love your first config file option. Could you update your first post with the config options so that impatient people will not miss it?

Hey Andrew,

sorry about the delay. Here's the start of the national stadium list. I went with UEFA as it seems to be themost important one for most of the players (massive overgeneralisation, sorry)

Albania - Qemal Stafa

Andorra - Estadi Comunal

Armenia - Vazgen Sargsyan Hanrapetakan Stadium

Azerbaijan - Tofiq Bahramov adina Respublika Stadionu

Belgium - Stade Roi Baudouin

Boznia & Herzegovina - Bilio Polje

Bulgaria - Vasil Levski

Estonia - A. Le Coq Arena

Faroe Islands - Torsvollur

Finland - Olympiastadion

FYROM - Phillip II Arena

Georgia - Mikheil Meshki

Gibraltar - Victoria Stadium

Hungary - Puskas Ferenc Stadion

Ireland - Aviva Stadium

Kazakhstan - Central

Latvia - Skonto

Lichtenstein - Rheinpark Stadion

Lithuania - S. Darius and S. Girenas Stadium

Luxembourg - Stade Josy Barthel

Malta - Ta' Qali

Moldova - Republican

Montenegro - Pod Goricom

Poland - Stadion Narodowy

Portugal - Estadio Nacional

Wales - Millennium Stadium

S and N America and Oceania :

South America:

Bolivia - Hernando Siles

Chile - Nacional

Colombia - Metropolitano Roberto Melendez

Ecuador - Olimpico Atahualpa

Paraguay - Defensores del Chaco

Peru - Estadio Nacional

Uruguay - Estadio Centenario

Venezuela - CTE Estadio Cachamay

North America:

Anguilla - James Ronald Webster Park

Antigua & Barbuda - Antigua Recreation Ground

Aruba - Guillermo Trinidad

Bahamas - Thomas Robinson

Barbados - Waterford National Stadium

Belize - People's Stadium

Bermuda - National Stadium

Bonaire - Municipal

British Virgin Islands - A.O. Shirley Recreational Field

Cayman Islands - Truman Bodden

Costa Rica - Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica

Cuba - Juan Abrantes

Curacao - Korsou

Dominica - Windsor Park

Dominican Republic - Estadio Olimpico Juan Pablo Duarte

El Salvador - Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez

French Guiana - Stade de Baduel

Grenada - National Cricket Stadium

Guadeloupe - Stade Felix Eboue (Baie Mahault)

Guatemala - Estadio Mateo Flores

Guyana - Cricket Ground

Haiti - Sylvio Cator

Honduras - Norte e Sur

Jamaica - Independence Park

Martinique - Stade d'Honneur

Montserrat - Blakes Estate

Nicaragua - Estadio Nacional Dennis Martinez

Panama - Rommel Fernandez

Puerto Rico - Sixto Escobar

St Kitts & Nevis - Warner Park

St Lucia - Mindo Philip Park

St Pierre & Miquelon - Stade John Girardin

St Vincent & The Grenadines - Arnos Vale Ground

Suriname - Andre Kamperveen Stadion

Trinidad & Tobago - Hasley Crawford Stadium

Turks & Caicos - National Stadium

United States - The Rose Bowl

US Virgin Islands - Lionel Roberts Park

Oceania:

American Samoa - Veterans Memorial Stadium

Cook Islands - Tereora National Stadium

Fiji - National Stadium

Kiribati - Bairiki National Stadium

New Caledonia - Stade Pentecost

New Zealand - North Harbour Stadium

Papua New Guinea - Sir Hubert Murray Stadium

Samoa - Apia Stadium

Solomon Islands - Lawson Tama Stadium

Tahiti - Stade Olympique

Tonga - Teufaiva Sport Stadium

Tuvala - Tuvalu Sports Ground

Vanuatu - Korman Stadium

Wallis & Futuna - Stade de Mata-Utu

Africa is completely unlinked, and in Asia only China and Hong Kong have stadiums in the info panel. I can draw up a nation/stadium list to make searching for the pic's eeasier for you

Thanks Teejay, top stuff. I will get at least the UEFA ones in the game with the next update. I will probably set the rest to pick up the "team" picture for the stadium. In a lot of cases with the minnow nations I was very lucky to get a picture of the stadium at all. Most of the Caribbean ones are there purely because they use the stadiums jointly for Football and Cricket. Cricket is massive over there so there are a lot of pictures available. I might struggle to get a picture with football being played. The African nations are a bit of nightmare because half of the stadiums are called the liberty stadium, makes it difficult to pick out which is which. The other half are named after the local dictator which brings up a massive search list of images of dictators...

Love your first config file option. Could you update your first post with the config options so that impatient people will not miss it?

No problem, I will sort these out tomorrow night. I didn't update for v1.2 as I wasn't sure if anyone was using them. I will include at least the first one on the main page.

I quite like the idea of using the stadium for the squad screen but like the players to have the exterior image personally. Glad someone enjoys it though.

No problem, I will sort these out tomorrow night. I didn't update for v1.2 as I wasn't sure if anyone was using them. I will include at least the first one on the main page.

I quite like the idea of using the stadium for the squad screen but like the players to have the exterior image personally. Glad someone enjoys it though.

tomorrow (last) night didn't happen, late nights at work... I'll get this fixed ASAP, not tonight though as I've just played 5-aside and I'm shattered. Bear with me and I should be able to get this done tomorrow.

cheers for these, between yours, VP's and minneapolis jon's old pack and my own background making skills i'm thinking of compiling a megapack.

There's a decent amount of choice out there now whereas there wasn't very much at all last year. It's good that people have different options to choose from and there are some really good packs out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Error - Tamworth have a Newport County picture.

Cheers, typo on the image ID I think. I've corrected now.

As a quick update, I've now added the Northern League and Isthmian League in England and the top flights of Ireland, Wales, Belgium, Greece and the USA. Also I've added numerous fixes and updated quite a few images I wasn't happy with. Still a little way from an update release though. I'm working on Turkey at the moment and then am going to do Switzerland. I will release update 1.4 after this. The next job will be the rest of Eastern Europe.

Hi this looks awesome, I have downloaded it and there is a problem, which is a big problem for me and that is that the background pictures are not changing. I am using alavanja pervection skin and the only background image I am getting is the one they provided. Are the files contradicting eachother?

Mr Crisp - check the Alvajana thread and there is a download in there you need to get to allow the backgrounds to display.

Many thanks, got the background working now, but for some reason the stadium mini photos are not changing. If it's not on thing it's the other lol

In this thread on page 1 ... Andrew uploaded a couple of config files which perform different ways ... check them out and try them to see which one suits you.

Look for this post

Config file that retains the exterior image for team info screens but loads the interior stadium image for the squad and player screens

Andrew - I do not think I have properly thanked you for all your work here on the backgrounds.

They are an excellent addition to the game and the images are clean and well done.

Thank you!

Cheers Dude, nice feedback makes it worthwhile :) In fairness I enjoy doing it though.

In this thread on page 1 ... Andrew uploaded a couple of config files which perform different ways ... check them out and try them to see which one suits you.

Look for this post

I hadn't re-done these for v1.2 as I wasn't sure if anyone was using them. As there have been a few comments about these I think I'll add them as standard for each version on the front page. I think the front page might be due a makeover as well with the next patch.

Many thanks, got the background working now, but for some reason the stadium mini photos are not changing. If it's not on thing it's the other lol

Hmm, not sure about why the mini photos are not working. I've just tried it with Alvajana 14 perfection 1.4 and they work for me. Have you tried completely closing down FM and re-starting, I find this can sort out a lot of funny issues.

Archived