What is a good system or formation for getting goals focussed through one player?

I never get top goalscorer, and I'd like to give it a try, I've got plenty of youths ready to be moulded and trained for specific roles, so if I can't adapt my existing players to a new formation I can train a new breed of footballers if needs be.

Here's the basics of my current formation http://imgur.com/3gPm48U

Pretty standard fare for Arsenal, but most of my goals come from the wingers and the amc, and it all gets spread out, which is nice but I just want the satisfaction of having got the top goalscorer. I changed the wingers from attack to support, in the hopes that they'd stop shooting and look to pass, and I think it might have worked, slightly, because Giroud is getting more goals now, but still not enough.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or a whole new formation to try?

Thanks.

From my experience, I find I get the best return from my strikers when I play two up front. Whereas when I use I lone striker - even an attacking one - I tend to end up with both goals and assists spread around the team, with a pairing like AFA/DLFS I often end up with most of the team goals from the AF and the assists from the DLF. Having his partner up in close support really helps the goalscorer. In my current 3-1-4-2 setup, my AF is averaging around a goal a game, and the DLF about 2 assists in 3 - admittedly, I'm only in the Skrill Premier, and I have good strikers for that level.

Ackter's recent "Making Messi Messi(ish)" thread would be a good read for optimising striking returns, and he used a pairing there.

I play an asymmetric 4-2-3-1 formation, with a trequartista playing behind an advanced forward. I have an AML with a support role, and a MR with a support role too. It's not the best tactic in the world by any means, but the advanced forward scores a ridiculous number of goals, fed mainly by the trequartista.

Archived