Lower League coaching issue?

Hi guys and gals. Started my career save and landed the job at a Skrill North side. Things are going well enough and it's ticking along nicely however a lot of my players are unhappy with training. I've tinkered and messed with intensity/areas of training and only get minimal improvement in terms of numbers of players unhappy. The nuts of it is that they are unhappy with the standard of fitness coaching. So I go to hire a fitness coach but the board won't allow it. So I speak to the board and ask them to allow more coaches to which they agree. Happy days, I shoot off and place an advert for a fitness coach.

The problem is that the option to hire a fitness coach is greyed out so I can't advertise for one. I'm 75% sure it's because my club is still listed as part-time but just wanted to check more than anything? Not going to name the club this is their first season at this level having been promoted from regional leagues last season. Any help or suggestions would be great :-)

I'm guessing this is for a FM13 because in FM14 if the amount of staff you can hire increases you just hire any staff member you want.

In FM13 if you cannot hire any fitness coaches you're going to have to hire a coach with good fitness ratings and have him train fitness.

I'm guessing this is for a FM13 because in FM14 if the amount of staff you can hire increases you just hire any staff member you want.

In FM13 if you cannot hire any fitness coaches you're going to have to hire a coach with good fitness ratings and have him train fitness.

No it's FM14. Got it sorted now. Had a clear out of all staff and hired from scratch and found I could hire one with no issues.

This is my opinion...

If you are starting from a low division, you will need to suffer the first season...as you are most likely poor and you probably don't want to increase your financial pressure by hiring more staff.

With exception where you got amateur staff...you can fire them free. Replace with someone of decent quality.

Just get w/e training you lacking up to 2 stars and your squad will shut up.

I had the same issue with goalkeeping and fitness. Fired my assistant manager (amateur) and hired a very decent replacement that is "unproven". Got him for 150/w on 2yr contract. Immediately improved my training from half-1 star to 1-2 stars. A few days afterwards, squad all happy with a few exception.

Note: I just hate to see my balance go red at the end of my season...>_<

Archived