Sports Interactive Community
markantony

How do I stop this happening?

Good god those are a lot of shouts...Get rid of all of them except for Work Ball in to the box and play out of defense...watch the actual game and make adjustments based on what you see.

Just tried the same game again twice, dropped all shouts but those two.

2-2

Leeds 18 shots, 8 on target 1 CCC.

Cardiff 2 shots, 2 on target, 0 CCC.

2-3

Leeds 20 shots. 11 on target. 1 CCC

Cardiff 4 shots. 3 on target 2 CCC

too many long shot? could be lack of movement on the final third, and lack passing option, your player was force to shoot cos there is no support...

is that 2 BBM's in the midfield? I dont think thats a good combination, try a static and dynamic combination e.g CM(s)+BBM(d) or DLP(s)+BBM(d), CM/DLP more static role, ensuring there's always a passing option behind the strike force, while BBM/BWM always on the move roaming the pitch, they are not always on position for passing option

Can you post a picture of your formation? From what I can see, you have got a BBM and a BWM in midfield, which is a terrible combination. I would put Fernando as a CM/D and give Schneirderlin a DLP/S. He has got the PPM of "getting forward" so he will do that anyway, so you need Fernando to stay and protect the defence.

Also, I really don't like personally having fullbacks or wingbacks on Automatic, I would choose a specific role for them but that is just preference.

If you post a full screenshot of your tactic, that will help.

By the way, you should never try to play the same game and get a different result because a lot of the time you're going to be doomed before it even started depending on match prep, morale, and team talks. Also since you removed those shouts, did the familiarity change?

Thanks for the advice guys, you've made me realise that my attackers are too isolated and lack support for the midfield. Made some tweaks, CM's are not DWM-D and DLP-S. Changed my wingers to AP and W and changed the FB's to support, seems to work better. Quick question if I may? What combination do you favour for attackers?

depends on your strike force and their attribute really, i play as AS Roma 451, reason is huge amount of midfielder and winger, only 3 striker, so make senses to play 451, totti is the best striker Roma have, he is best play as a TQ or F9 (IMHO), play as TQ means he roam the final third looking for space, play as F9 he drop deep, both role are aim to create opening on the opposition defence, therefore it make sense that my winger should cut inside to exploit the space totti has create.

An AF and DLF work well together. I think a W/A and a AP/S would be the best combo for this, with your AP with the instructions to sit narrower to make space for an Overlapping FB/A.

If your DLF was on the same side as your DLP and your winger, that will mean that the DLF can drop deeper to receive a pass from your DLP. If he is under pressure, he can then square it to your winger or AP, but if he has space, he can then turn and look to play in your AF. If your AF had the instruction to move into channels, that would help with movement too.

I ma still not sure about a BWM alongside a DLP/S. Even with a Defend duty, he will not really protect the defence. In my experience, a CM/D works much better, does still close down the ball but only when the opposition get across the half way line and towards the final third. With a CM/D and a DLP/S, you will have a solid pair of midfielders in front of your back 4. Also, if your CM/D is the left midfielder of the two, that will give the opportunity for the DL to get forward more and overlap the AP which should offer some width down that flank. A BWM will not cover and attacking DL whereas a CM/D will.

So I would line-up:

-----------------------GK-------------------------

FB (S)-------CD(D)-------CD(D)----------WB(A)

-------------DLP(S)--------CM(D)---------------

W(A)---------------------------------------AP(S)

------------DLF(S)---------AF(A)---------------

If you give instructions to the AF to move into channels, the AP to sit narrower, the W to stay Wider, the WB to run wide with ball, I think this is a formation that could work.

This is only my opinion, but it will be interesting to see how you get on

-----------------------GK-------------------------

FB (S)-------BPD(D)-------BPD(D)----------FB(A)

-------------BBM(S)--------CM(D)---------------

W(S)---------------------------------------W(S)

------------DLF(S)---------AF(A)---------------

Is my current line up and seems to be working. The DLF is the key.

you need to work out who is having your shots . then adjust that player

i find puting your strikers to hold up ball works

i also use " take a brether " which is good for ball retention

I have said in several posts both in the feedback thread and in my own thread here that I think the Attack strategy is a bit flawed. I think it makes the players too stressed out-urgent and single-minded.

So my advice, if you experience that very often, is to use less urgent and stressed out strategies to begin with and keep them as "vanilla" as you can rather than picking Attack and then applying 20-30 shouts to try to force the kind of football you want.

I have found Standard to be more than urgent enough!

Not all may agree on this, of course, but given this thread and the screenshots I think I am on to something.

Well I can't speak as to your experience, but I have had some good recent success with the formation that I posted a few posts ago with an Attacking, Fluid strategy. For team instructions I use Hassle Opponents, Tighter Marking, Pass Into Space and More Direct Passing.

I know it is a bit of a Blitzkrieg strategy, but it seems to be working at the moment.

Well I can't speak as to your experience, but I have had some good recent success with the formation that I posted a few posts ago with an Attacking, Fluid strategy. For team instructions I use Hassle Opponents, Tighter Marking, Pass Into Space and More Direct Passing.

I know it is a bit of a Blitzkrieg strategy, but it seems to be working at the moment.

Yeah then you sort of go Route One instead of trying to "temper" the Attack + Fluid urgency. With the right players that should work.