FMC Scouting Weirdness? FM14

Just what kind of scouting options am I supposed to have?

I took over a club and looked at their scouting assignments. One was UK & Ireland I think. My chief scout was awful, however, so I replaced him. My new scout is now assigned to just a generic scouting of "Players" and I can assign other duties for Next Opposition and specific leagues, bot not regions.

What's worse is if I cancel the "Players" assignment I can no longer assign a scout to any region or even back to "Players" only Next Competition or a league within the country.

Maybe I should report this in the bug forum, but it would also be nice to hear from someone what my options actually should be.

Funny to see this.

I had the exact same problem, I started a game in Iceland with a Semi-Pro club, so I know their scouting level might be small but I really can't scout anything seeing as I was dumb enough to cancel the players one, thinking it was only grayed out as he was already assigned to that.

I've tried to look at board requests but never seen anything to enlarge the scouting knowledge, if it's the case that you can't - than this is the biggest flaw I've seen in FMC. Meaning you don't really have a chance to build a small team into a sort of an empire like I was planning, rather when you play FMC you should be sticking to the big teams.

• Administrators

For now please do not cancel region assignments if you are semi-pro.

We are looking into this and hope to fix this in an update.

Thanks for reporting.

Funny to see this.

I had the exact same problem, I started a game in Iceland with a Semi-Pro club, so I know their scouting level might be small but I really can't scout anything seeing as I was dumb enough to cancel the players one, thinking it was only grayed out as he was already assigned to that.

I've tried to look at board requests but never seen anything to enlarge the scouting knowledge, if it's the case that you can't - than this is the biggest flaw I've seen in FMC. Meaning you don't really have a chance to build a small team into a sort of an empire like I was planning, rather when you play FMC you should be sticking to the big teams.

Not totally true, it just won't scout automatically... now you just have to scout manually, select a whole bunch of players and select them to be scouted.

But is there a way to get a better scouting network with a semi-pro club when you've built them up in FMC.

Like I remember playing FM12 with the same team, and of course then there was no such thing as FMC - I first could only scout scandinavia, but little by little I could scout more regions and stuff. Will that ever happen in FMC ? Would be nice to know asap, seeing as I've just finished one season and don't really feel like playing much longer if I can't expand the network.

But is there a way to get a better scouting network with a semi-pro club when you've built them up in FMC.

Like I remember playing FM12 with the same team, and of course then there was no such thing as FMC - I first could only scout scandinavia, but little by little I could scout more regions and stuff. Will that ever happen in FMC ? Would be nice to know asap, seeing as I've just finished one season and don't really feel like playing much longer if I can't expand the network.

This is not limited to FMC but also the full version now, you must achieve a certain reputation in order to expand your scouting knowledge. I am not sure about Scandinavia but using the English leagues as an example, I always start as a league 2 team, Accrington, they never have the ability to scout beyond the start poink "UK and Ireland" until we reach the Championship Division. The way to expand the network is to move up the ranks.

For now please do not cancel region assignments if you are semi-pro.

We are looking into this and hope to fix this in an update.

Thanks for reporting.

Boy, I'm glad I have read this...I was starting to wonder if my scout's stat matter anymore. Better scouts seems to offer more "assignment space"...does it improve the report accuracy? That is my concern...and due to lack of board interaction capabilities, I can't find a way to expand my scouting range anyways...

Boy, I'm glad I have read this...I was starting to wonder if my scout's stat matter anymore. Better scouts seems to offer more "assignment space"...does it improve the report accuracy? That is my concern...and due to lack of board interaction capabilities, I can't find a way to expand my scouting range anyways...

Your scouting range will increase as you advance your team and you will have more scouting slots when you have a better chief scout.

Archived