How to set fewer game stops outside matches?

Hi, this is infuriating me. I've never known if there is a way and it just seems to be getting worse.

Im trying to speed the game through international breaks when I have no matches as quickly as possible. So I dont look at news for now and just keep clicking 'continue'.

However it's only speeding the game on 1hr 30mins at times! I don't need to speed it on a week or anything, but at least a day at at time would be useful. Not like im in a transfer window or anything.

I've searched around and tried things on preferences but I can't see anyway to set fewer game stops. Only thing I can see is something relevant for online play.

Is there a way to improve this? Im playing on FM 2013 btw.

Have you ticked/unticked 'Continue Game Timeout' in the preferences?

Wouldn't that just make the game continue after a certiain amount of time? I thought there might be a way to make LESS stops, not more frequent ones.

You click continue and it advances you only a few hours, it used to always advance a day which is far better outside transfer windows.

The stops are just far too frequent in the more recent games, largely due to the huge amount of news you get.

I wonder does the game stop after every bit of news in your inbox?

Wouldn't that just make the game continue after a certiain amount of time? I thought there might be a way to make LESS stops, not more frequent ones.

Set it to 'instant' and the game will continue until you must respond to something: match, press conference, transfer bid, whatever.

Archived