Sports Interactive Community
oescus

How do I get my Director of Football to ...

... take charge of transfers, loans in and out? I know I am missing something but I am jiggered if I can find it, in FMC. I have no problem in the unexpurgated game.

You don't have the same flexibility as the main game, in that you can't set specific instructions for various staff (other than leaving training to assistant and setting scouting assignments).

As far as DoF handling transfers goes, you need to utilise the Unwanted and Development lists, and your DoF then sorts out players you want to get rid of/go on loan.

As for transfers in, you need to use the transfer targets section of the transfer centre just like in the main game. What the DoF won't do on FMC is find players on his own. You need to ask for players in a certain position and he'll recommend some. It's then up to you to decide if you want him to try and arrange the transfer (or do it yourself).

My DoF is useless, at least in my saved. Every time I gave him a specific player as a transfer target, he will come back with a message "end in failure as the two clubs are far apart in the valuations", even when the club has the money to spent :(

But if I approach and negotiate on my own, chances are I will get the players eventually.:)

My DoF is useless, at least in my saved. Every time I gave him a specific player as a transfer target, he will come back with a message "end in failure as the two clubs are far apart in the valuations", even when the club has the money to spent :(

But if I approach and negotiate on my own, chances are I will get the players eventually.:)

Same here. I use the scout report to see the maximum asking price then I set that for the DoF and he still can't agree terms, sometimes even with buyout clauses.

On FMC the DoF is only good for loaning players out or selling/releasing players for nothing

That seems to have happened to myself only last evening. I put Martin Montoya as a transfer subject for my D of F. Montoya's price was around £5-£6 million. My D of F told me that the transfer had failed as the clubs were too far apart in valuation.

Montoya is not on the transfer list and is contracted to 2016 or so. I then made an offer, myself, of £10 million which was accepted. In my experience, the going rate for players not transfer listed and on decent contracts is usually somewhat more than double the valuation. Can anyone offer any explanation?

Is it just me, or you don't really need a DoF (just added cost).

Without DoF, I still use the unwanted list, development list, and target transfer...and it seems like my AssMan just steps up to the plate (18 Det) and often gets the job done.

Is it just me, or you don't really need a DoF (just added cost).

Without DoF, I still use the unwanted list, development list, and target transfer...and it seems like my AssMan just steps up to the plate (18 Det) and often gets the job done.

I have found the very same thing, the DoF in FMC is useless so far as I can tell.

As a mini-bump, I added players to a loan transfer target list in October. It's now January (well it was until the game crashed..) and my AM has done nothing regarding them. Any ideas?

Any way of stopping the board from selling b squad players in spain?

For young promising lads, in regards to loan spells, I always add them to the Development List. That usually works for most of them, but some do end in failure. Best thing then is to delete them from the list and re-add, in hope it works later on. For older players, I transfer list them, select 'Not needed by club', select their amount around what their value is, and if no interest coming after a while, I lower in below the value in hope that triggers interest. If there are a few clubs interested, but no bids are coming in, I select, 'Offer to clubs' on their transfer info window, using the amount I have them set at.