Unrealistic Board Ultimatum?

Was with Boreham Wood in my second season. Got off to a decent start in the league and was first, due to a FA Cup replay and a draw and a loss I fell to 8th (winning my two games in hand would have put me 1st or 2nd again). The board lost their **** and told me I needed 11 points from the next 5 games, I ended up getting 10 and sacked.

Was expected to get promotion for the season (not win the league) and I was sitting in playoffs 4 points off top (if that). Feel quite hard done by because 4/5 games were away from home and the financial status of the club was pretty good (was operating 1k under my wage budget) and after 3 of the 5 games I was actually first (I went to look to see if I could call off their ultimatum but I was not able to). Also, I was still in the FA trophy and got to first 1st round of the FA Cup.

Surely they have been too strict with me and this has to be an issue?

Sometimes they're just looking for an excuse to put a new manager in. I had a "9 points in 5 games" ultimatum put on me at the end of a season, and fortunately a consortium came in and took over during the summer. But then I reeled off 4 wins and a tie to start the season and got a "the board is losing patience with you" message (I was leading the league by 3 points at the time). Even now, I'm at the top of the table by 6 points and they're only "satisfied" with the job I'm doing...hmm...some people just can't be pleased.

My Board said :

Collect 9 points in next 5 matches.

I won all games (5) and next (6) - draw. Board said bye bye to me because i didn't collect 9 points o.O WTF ?

bug ? Now i have to save the game before each match ... coz if I don't win board will fire me ... it's stupid o.O

Archived