Sports Interactive Community
CM_Wiz

What's a decent amount of points for Man U in the first season?

So, I bought FM14 this christmas and I'm giving it a go. One habit that has stayed with me since the early days of CM has been going on holiday for a season to test out different tactics. I've then done that over and over again, until I find tactic that gives my team a certain amount of points... E.g I want to achieve 92 points with Man Utd. I never seem to get above 80 though, with the odd CL win on the side. Does anyone holiday like this? Or does anyone have an opinion on how many points a strong tactic should bring in on holiday mode?

Happy new year to you all.

Cheers.

A lot harder to holiday and get points in this FM mate. Tactics are a lot more intricate and you'll have to tweak during the games for optimum results. If you do want to o find a good holiday tactics, I recommend maybe going with FMC?

A lot harder to holiday and get points in this FM mate. Tactics are a lot more intricate and you'll have to tweak during the games for optimum results. If you do want to o find a good holiday tactics, I recommend maybe going with FMC?

This is the sort of ridiculous post I talk about often. FMC is the same ME and tactics are just as important. If anything it is harder because you can't make as many adjustments, the only thing you deal with less of is team talks, the actual game is not actually different so this sort of post is misleading.

If you holiday a season and expect the tactic to get you the same amount of points comfortably, you're gonna have a bad time.

This. They overhauled the TC for this version and if you think you can just plug-and-play like before, you're going to have a bad time. United's squad should still allow you to challenge for the title, but don't expect too much success just holidaying and leaving it to your AssMan. Personally, the highest points total I ever reached with United (opening season 13/14) was 105 pts(35W 2D 1L).

You should be aiming for 100 points minumum :)

Thats pretty hard if he's going to leave everything to his Assman while he goes on holiday, unless his Assman is Guardiola or something :lol:

First season, perhaps 84-85 pts. But after the first season I always aim for 90+. I never holiday though.

But also if I understand you correctly you holiday one season to figure out what kind of tactic works in this game and then start a new game where you use said tactic yourself?

Thats pretty hard if he's going to leave everything to his Assman while he goes on holiday, unless his Assman is Guardiola or something :lol:

I'm sure Moyes would be happy with Guardiola's wee brother as his AssMan!