Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Started unemployed - what job did you get

Im about to start my new 14.2 unemployed journeyman career save on a Sunday League rep and wondered what jobs did others get after starting this way?

I started two days before the latest patch came out with a Sunday League rep. After 7 months of applying for every job available, I didn't get any offers or interviews. Then I started a new save and manually picked one of the poorest clubs to start with.

2 years and no offer ... Nor would anyone take me on after applying .... Gave up and started again and picked a team

Landed a job at the wonderfully named 'Frigg' in one of Norway's basement leagues. No transfer budget, no wage budget left, a threadbare squad and no-one of any value to sell. In better news, we're halfway through the season at the start of the game, and we're sitting a healthy third, so promotion is a possibility, although with this squad, not very likely!

I got Berwick Rangers in Scotland but missed out on a LOT of jobs before that. Was also offered Shanghai Shenhua too but decided on staying a little closer to home.

After re-starting on the latest patch got the Larne job in N Ireland. Wanted somewhere a bit further away from home tbh but the only other offers I got was in Sweden. The starting league was alot lower down whereas Larne is in the Belfst Championship 1, only one division below the Premierhip