Sports Interactive Community
colinho

What's with the childish press conferences in FM 2014?

I've just had Gus Poyet tell the media everyone will see on Saturday that he's better than me. It got me thinking, this is quite childish for a respectable game like FM14. I've not heard any press conference in the Premier League this season where there's a manager saying those kind of things.

Sort it out SI!

its your tactics...

My problem with real life conferences is that everyone is too polite and saying always in diplomatic fashion, thats why i like those press conferences in FM where i can basically tell someone he's a ***** and i dont respect him :) my only problem is that i had a situation where billy davies accused me of not shaking his hand after the game... And i had basically two answers where i apologised and two answers where i'm stating that i did shake his hand... thats a bit stupid, it would make sense if i had an option to choose to shake or not to shake his hand, or, at least, if game told me whether i did it or not...

Problem is, that regardless of what i think of someone, i would always shake his hand after the game...

My tactics, probably. But journalists saying we have the best pass success rate, so now they think it's because we pass too much.

Apart from Mourinho i cant think of anyone, to be honest.... And Kinnear is DoF, not a manager :p

If I were a Newcastle fan, I'd mention Kinnear as little as possible tbh.

sorry but my first thought was mourinho and wenger over xmas period. it happens quite often but this season not so much. i think this is partly down to fergie retiring.

My tactics, probably. But journalists saying we have the best pass success rate, so now they think it's because we pass too much.

I love how journalists can see your team has the best pass rate, but there's no way for you to see that yourself unless you check every team and do some math.

tbh, they often said to me that i have big number of tackling and cards, and i couldnt check tackles, but i could check that when it came to cards, you can say i was in top 5 when it came to fair play, no red cards and ranked 14th in number of yellows, so it looks like journalists make things up to wind you up... :p

I've had a couple in-press squabbles that escalated between my opponent and I - I took full advantage of the "additional comments" blank to add some choice words that come up in the post-conference news stories.

Press conferences are the worst part of the game, one of the reason I play FMC.

People complained about press conferences being stale, so new text is added and there are still complaints!

I've been switching between FMC and Simulation mode, and actually found the new comments in Simulation mode to be good additions.

You can't please all of the people, all of the time.

I've just had Gus Poyet tell the media everyone will see on Saturday that he's better than me. It got me thinking, this is quite childish for a respectable game like FM14. I've not heard any press conference in the Premier League this season where there's a manager saying those kind of things.

It seems as if Poyet successfully got under your scin... That's called mind-game :)

Personally, I love the feature! I have been in a bitter war of words with Mourinho for 3 seasons now in my Liverpool save, and it definitely adds some spice to the matches! I tend to get my players all fired up for them (Pulis style) and there have been some cracking games come out if it!

Actually, there was something I noticed which was pretty stupid..

I've often had this..Congrats your team has won the league...Next Question - Manager X has tipped you as favourites to win the title race. Nah dude, not this year - what the juice O_o

I kind of like the press conferences, and the stuff that's mentioned here. But they are too frequent in minor leagues - should be just now and then. But more importantly, if you play way down in some obscure division, fra from the top, there shouldent be press conferences.

And "mind games" should be less frequent the minor the league is. In my opinion.

People complained about press conferences being stale, so new text is added and there are still complaints!

I've been switching between FMC and Simulation mode, and actually found the new comments in Simulation mode to be good additions.

Sure you can...remove the press conferences entirely!

I love the new options, just seems sometimes there's a bit of a logic gap with what responses you get.

Definitely makes it more interesting and immersive though.

I have found the new press conference to be a lot more enjoyable than last years monotonous questions and it's fun to wind up rival managers and some of the comments available are very entertaining.