Newgen Ability - Derived From League or Nationality?

In the vanilla game each nation presumably has it's own youth rating which determines the quality of it's newgens.

I have created a custom USSR league using Russia as the host nation. The league is composed of Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian, Georgian and Armenian teams.

I've been informed that a consequence of this is that all newgens from clubs participating in the league will have the same talent distribution as the host, regardless of their nationality.

For instance, Belarussian clubs (with Russia as 'Nation' and Belarus as 'Based Nation') will produce the same level of newgens as Russian clubs. Theoretically leveling out the standard of the five national teams once real players have retired.

Can someone from Sigames confirm if this is accurate? As it'd severely dampen the interest of custom games like these.

Nationality, at least according to the teensy bits of editing I've done, affects a lot of the hidden stats according to a set template as well as the % of world class regens via the 'Youth Quality' rating.

Aside from that though, a lot of youth quality depends on the individual academies/junior coaching/youth recruitment stats that each club have. Clubs with higher ratings across the board will have better players on average.

• 9 months later...

Archived