Who is your 'cup team'?

Let me elaborate:

I am playing as Shrewsbury and as you know, this means I can play in the F.A. Cup and Capital One Cup. It doesn't matter what round it is, at some point I will always draw Fulham.

I'm just wondering if anyone else always seems to draw a certain team, no matter what.

Chelsea, and they usually beat me (i'm liverpool). After 3 seasons they've knocked me out of the capital one cup twice (won the other time), community shield once, the FA Cup once (i won the other 2), Champions League once (won the other one) and the've beat me to the premier league on the final day twice and yes, you guessed it, i won the other time :p Don't think i've beat them many times in the league either.

Liverpool (A) - CL

Liverpool (H) - League

Liverpool (N) - FA Cup

Liverpool (H) - CL

Considering they have lost Suarez to Juventus and their team isn't much of a threat, I don't exactly mind playing 4 matches in a row :lol: My player Januzaj fired in hat-tricks against them in the league and cup, so I've got that going for me too which is nice :lol:

In my 1st Arsenal save (my only one so far before it went belly up) I played 4 seasons and was knocked out of the COC by Manchester City in the 3rd round each season.

In the FA Cup, I was knocked out by Chelsea in the 3rd round each season.

That's right, in 4 seasons I failed to win a single domestic cup game! :thdn:

In my 1st Arsenal save (my only one so far before it went belly up) I played 4 seasons and was knocked out of the COC by Manchester City in the 3rd round each season.

In the FA Cup, I was knocked out by Chelsea in the 3rd round each season.

That's right, in 4 seasons I failed to win a single domestic cup game! :thdn:

You failed to win a cup with Arsenal in 4 seasons? Yet, people claim the game lacks realism :p

Everyone...and Aston Villa.

I always seem to play against just about the toughest competition I can get. If I pick a PL team to play as, I will get PL teams in every single round of both cups, usually consisting of playing against Liverpool or City in the 3rd Round, followed most likely by the other one. If I'm able to make it through both Rounds, I probably have a trip to Spurs or Chelsea to look forward to.

Needles to say, I don't win many Cups.

Oh...and Villa are usually involved somewhere along the line in every Cup.

I always seem to get drawn against the team who I have in the league next. So I will play my cup game and then 3 days later play them again, this time in the league. Does anyone else get this?

Actually, that does seem to happen quite a bit. Just played Osasuna 3 times in 1 week after drawing them in the Copa del Rey either side of a League match, and will shortly be playing Barcelona in the Final about 3 days after I play them in the League...

My "cup team" is always the hardest possible... me being Eintacht Frankfurt and fighting hard to get into the continental competitions. In euro league I came first two times in the group stage, just to draw the Champions league descendent teams Atletico Madrid and then Manchester City the year after. Then one year I manage to get into the Champions League and my group consists of Barcelona, Arsenal and Monaco... somehow I almost manage to survive the group, being on equal points with Barca and Arsenal, but nonetheless as I lost two times to Arsenal I finish 3rd... well I think "good work anyway" and look forward to the Euro league thinking that as we are on of the "better" 3rd placed teams we will draw the "worse" part of the 2nd placed euro league teams (as it is in RL). Guess who I draw? AC Milan, who are currently unbeaten 1st in Serie A... good thing is the board always forgives my early exit in the Euro league because the opponents were too heavy...

Oh and in the domestic cup I had the pleasure to always draw one of the best german 2nd league teams (it is not possible to draw a 1st league team in the first round, then again it is rather common to draw a 6th league team...). Pretty ugly because I always use the first round for my reserves and youth players. Well I did nonetheless, but it made me exit in the first cup round for 3 consecutive years. Well, that's not really my biggest problem, because I won the cup in the 1st year

It was confirmed a few versions ago that the game will throw up games with the same team in order to build a rivalry with said club. Personally I quite like this feature as it adds a bit more emotional depth to the game. Nothing better than beating the team that you always struggle against

Archived