Fans devastated by result

I get this a few times a season when we draw or lose. Just got a 2-2 at Villa and they were devastated. Okay, Villa aren't going that well this season, but we got a 2-2 result during a busy time of the season away from home, with the UCL quarters being the next game. Whenever we draw away to a rival, they're devastated as well, to lose to a rival, yes, lose, when the score was 1-1. I was looking through my recent results for the fan's reactions to each one, talk about hard to please!

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Man Utd - Poor

Reading 0 - 1 Man Utd - Okay

Man Utd 2 - 0 Juventus (on agg) - Okay

Man Utd 3 - 0 Norwich - Good

etc...

The only time we get a good, or very good is when we hammer opponents, by more than 3 goals. I've even had results where we won 4-1 and the reaction was just okay. The Fan Confidence, overall for this season, is just Okay, at 49%. This is with us leading the League with 6 games to go, and in the Quarters of the UCL after beating Juve in the first knockout. We were unlucky in the Quarters of the FA Cup due to the awful scheduling of having the 5th Rd FA Cup each season just three days before the first leg of the UCL knockout stage. We've won 7 games this season by 5-0 to 7-0, and only conceeded 16 goals in the League from 32 games. I don't know if the Fan's Confidence thing is buggy or not, or they're just incredibly hard to please. We lose by a goal, or battle to an away draw and they're devastated, we win by 3 or 4 nil and it's just good, and sometimes just okay.

If you check out the full detailed report from the fans it usually tells you why they're devastated (or happy, or miffed etc).

It's usually something like how wasteful you were in front of goal, how little chances you created, how many chances the opposition created etc.

Some things never change. You can always count on the fans getting upset for no reason, even when you get good results they are unhappy. Every club I have taken over for years now seems to have the village/town idiot as a spokesman. Where do they get these people. I wouldn't mind, but it starts unsettling players, which is annoying.

The Fan's Confidence in me has dropped even further since my last post, going from 49% down to 44%, even with us still leading the title race and making the Semi's of the UCL, by dispatching the powerhouse of Bayern Munich in the quarters, where we had a rousing 3-0 win at home to win 3-2 on agg. What did the fans think of us beating the powerhouse Bayern? They said it was, Okay. So, leading the EPL ahead of the strong Chelsea, beating the strongest team atm in Bayern, reaching the Semi's of the UCL where we just beat Dortmund 2-0 at home in the first leg, means the fan's confidence continues to drop in me, at an all-time low of 44%. Makes me wonder what they expect from me.

I've not encountered this but my theory would be that you have perhaps used the all players interested unlockable and signed yourself a powerhouse team of top players? If your teams reputation is extremely high the expectations can become unrealistic. This is still a bug to me and should be logged in my honest opinion but from the people I have talked to who have had this happen, it was a direct result of having too many good players... if that is even possible lol.

I haven't used any unlockable, don't want to. It was silly in season 1 that the Board had the Semi's of the UCL as a minimum expectation for Man Utd. I have somewhat built a good team but it's much harder on this version to do so with the spiralling cost of transfers these days. A £60mil budget is not what it used to be, to say the least.

Archived