Real Madrid Counter Attack

Last season we witnessed countless Real Madrid counter attacks leading to goals. I really like the fast paced and direct style which means you can score goals in 3/4 passes and less than half a minute from your own area. I am trying to re-create this in a save with Real Madrid. I am thinking a 4-2-3-1 shape (2 dm), attacking strategy, fluid style, direct passing and higher tempo. I also think to have GK distribution on quick throws would be useful. I am also aware that for certain games I will need to play a more patient build up game in order to draw the opposition out of their defensive shape. It would be great if you could give me some advice in creating this tactic as well as opinions on what I have said so far.

Thank you and merry Christmas.

Real Madrid definitely play with a rigid style. Ronaldo/Benzema rarely ever defend and stay up in forward positions in order to counter attack.

I think a good way to combine patient build-up + counter attacking style is to use a Counter strategy. I'm not sure if high tempo/direct passing are necessary, i think it should work okay with the standard tempos/passing styles.

Archived