Sports Interactive Community
enders357

FM14: Fallen Giant Saves

I was hoping to start a thread here where people can post saves of theirs where a big team has been relegated, so I/we could take on the challenge of leading a fallen giant back to the top flight and on to trophies... I know it doesn't happen often, but I'm thinking along the lines of Tottenham, Liverpool, Atletico, Dortmund, Inter or AC Milan etc.

So, if anyone's got a save where one of the big clubs has been relegated, post it here for us all to enjoy.

Its the start of 2022 season, and although the squad is a bit of a mess, they are not broke at all. I have played it through to the start of the season and £48million in the bank - mostly the parachute payment, and funds from selling the high earners.

A 39yr old Pepe Reina still in goal, and a 34yr old Suarez still in the squad! They also still have great facilities so the chance is there to rebuild them.

I've started that save with good success won the champo ..... back in the prem, i ran a thin , young squad in the championship, now just building fromthe prem, the IRL Fallen cliub of

Portsmouth were the other automatic promoted team ... very interesting save as to rebuild the team etc, expecially for me as being a Liverpool Fan!!

This may be a dumb question, but how do I take over Liverpool in this save? It looks like they've just hired a new manager.

Add a new manager...

Ah right, thanks. I did it by firing their current manager via the in-game editor, then applying.

or you could have just created your manager and added him straight to Liverpool.

Barca are 8th in december 2022 in my save. Athletic Bilbao are in first place.

Not relegated, but still quite shocking to me

This may be a dumb question, but how do I take over Liverpool in this save? It looks like they've just hired a new manager.
Add a new manager...

If the person has the option ticked where you can't take over a club that has a manager than that's probably why you couldn't take over them. As I have that on my save so whenever a club gets a tycoon I can't find out how much money they have :(

I am almost done with my first season as manager of Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen has been relegated in 17th place (Hannover 96 was 18th). Would anyone be keen in this save? (Transfer window was disabled till January so most of the original squads are still intact.)

Sure enders357, if you are keen on it, I can upload the save file after my victory in the German cup with Hamburg against league champions Dortmund (sorry had to toot my horn a bit!). I'll upload it and post the link here soon!

QPR are 16th in league two on mine. Not as big as Liverpool, but interesting nonetheless.

That's a huge slump! Wow.

Sure enders357, if you are keen on it, I can upload the save file after my victory in the German cup with Hamburg against league champions Dortmund (sorry had to toot my horn a bit!). I'll upload it and post the link here soon!

Haha. Sounds good.

Anyone got one of these not too deep in to the game?

Valencia, Atletico, Sociedad or Athletic in Spain, maybe?

Dortmund, Leverkusen, or Schalke in Germany?

Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle in England?

QPR are 16th in league two on mine. Not as big as Liverpool, but interesting nonetheless.

What year? And upload btw.

Sounds interesting, would love a look at it.

As promised, here's the uploaded save immediately after the German Cup final on 17th May 2014. Thomas Schaaf is the new manager of Bayer Leverkusen. I am midway through my second season and Leverkusen is mired in 9th 11 points away from 1st placed Hannover 96. Anyone would like the save for that? This one has almost all of Leverkusen players albeit unhappy and definitely seeking pastures anew. The save I am playing now, Leverkusen have sold of almost all their star players and are languishing honestly.

Leverkusen relegated (end of 1st season) - https://www.mediafire.com/?2mqda3r3n36j3hs

That's a huge slump! Wow.

It was bad, they finished 14th in league twowith Cesar, Danny Simpson, Mathias Bossaerts, Yoon Seok-Young, Armand Traore, Nedum Onuoha and Jordan Obita in their side. The problem was that these players were on ridiculous sums of money so their other players were probably league two, BSP standard players. This caused their already significant debt to explode, meaning that the season after (when the top players had left) they finished 24th as they were reliant on the crap players.

What year? And upload btw.

I'm currently in 2018. How do I upload?

This might loosely apply to the intention of the thread but if you're seeking a challenge try a save with Racing Strasbourg. They've been french champions in 1979 and a three time cup winner. Lately they've been relegated to the 5th tier of french football but bounced back to the 3rd tier (CFA). The infrastructure's very good and although their stadium is a hundred years old it still has a capacity of 29000. And you can expand it slightly. They might not have been a giant exactly but they were a very good team in their prime. I haven't tried a save with them myself but I'm intrigued.

Yes to be honest actually I am extremely interested in starting my next game with Racing Strasbourg. Should we start a Strasbourg thread then?

I'd certainly be interested to read how you were getting along.

I'd certainly be interested to read how you were getting along.

I'm still rather into my Hamburg game though..it's interesting and challenging to try break the duopoly that is Bayern and Dortmund. Will give Strasbourg a try possibly as soon as I win the league which could take a while!

No problem Dagenham_Dave enjoy! Do post updates on how you get on mate. Anyway I'm in January on my second season and Leverkusen are languishing in midtable with minimal chance of promotion, anyone interested in that? All their star players have been cherry picked and they are left with an extremely average squad.

Just starting a go on this Leverkusen save. It looks like it'll be really fun - they've got such a young, exciting squad (and I've been able to buy John Guidetti and Mats Daehli with the money coming in from the sales of a few senior players). I managed to convince a few players to stay, or at least turn their morale around, with a passionate speech about how I expected them to stick around and help the club win promotion, so we'll see how it goes.

No problem Dagenham_Dave enjoy! Do post updates on how you get on mate. Anyway I'm in January on my second season and Leverkusen are languishing in midtable with minimal chance of promotion, anyone interested in that? All their star players have been cherry picked and they are left with an extremely average squad.

Looks like it's bugged a bit. Got a bid in for Rolfes which I accepted. I then went on holiday until a few days before the first preseason game. When I returned, the transfer still hadn't gone through, and there is no option for me to cancel it. He's currently on the unwanted list, but I can't remove him from there either as it's greyed out, and when I offer him to clubs (even with no value), I don't even get a news item saying no-one's interested. It's like he's there but not there.

Annoying, as I've just managed to sign Balanta, who should be a beast in Division 2, so was looking forward to it, but until I get him off the wage bill, I won't be able to do a lot more.

Hmm you may want to post it in the bugs report section? Or you could do another play through (annoying I know) but so far I haven't personally encountered what you mentioned so far in the game..hope you get it sorted though. Best of luck mate.

Not necessarily a true fallen "giant" as such but my current save has Bolton bottom of League 2 in 2018-19 starting with a 10-point deduction. My save is quite late in the close season though as I only just noticed.

So after waiting all this time for one of these to pop up, my attempts to resurrect Bayer Leverkusen have left my job "very insecure" after only 8 league matches. I don't understand! I have an awesome team that should be competing for European spots and they can't win a game in Bundesliga 2. Gah!

I got a save somewhere at the end of season when liverpool got promoted. was the 2016/17 season they went down.

These are their championship positions after that;

17/18: 9th

18/19: 6th

19/20: 3rd

20/21: 3rd

21/22: 3rd

22/23: 2nd and promoted

Same game... spurs relegated in 21/22, though they bounced straight back up with a 3rd place and playoff win in 22/23.

I would need to find the correct save on my backup portable hard drive, but when i do i could list it here if anyone wants it... this thread made me want to look through the other leagues i got running too :D

I'd definitely be interested in the Spurs relegation if you have anything saved around that point.

Any Aston Villa relegated save?

Wish I'd seen this sooner, they've just been re-promoted on mine (2019), sadly don't have an older save of the game I could upload. I know this is of no use what-so-ever, sorry

I have a save where Villa got relegated to the Championship. 2016 I think.

Plus Brechin, MVV & NEC have tycoons.

They have just been relegated in my game May 3rd 2015, but England isn't a playable country, so you would need to add the English leagues/division to the game and wait until 25/6 2015

Is that something that would interest you?