[FM14] Catalonia NT and league

I know there are a few of these about, but I wanted it in my own game anyway so now I'm happy with it I will share it for anyone who's interested.

A fun update replacing one of the minnow micro-nations of Europe with the most prominent 'aspiring nation'.

MAIN FEATURES:

* National Teams for Catalonia (based on Andorra, whose players and clubs are absorbed in), becomes full EU state

* All Catalan players and staff moved over (with Spanish caps)

* Catalan language for all cities in the nation as well as Balearics and Valencia (this feature is not perfect as it is not possible to make all existing players speak both Spanish and Catalan, so initially the Catalan players speak mainly Catalan and the Bal/Val players speak Spanish so they are not speaking a 'foreign' language while playing in Spain. However, newgens are bilingual)

* Playable league system including 18-team top division with realistic reputation/prize money etc, national cup, 2nd division, awards

* Catalan teams replace Andorran in Europe for 1st season (Girona, Sabadell, Hospitalet)

* Barcelona and Espanyol (and their B teams) remain in Spanish system and produce Catalan newgens. 'Home-grown in Spain' quotas are barely affected as the vast majority of good young Catalan players are formed at these 2 clubs and then move on, rather than being signed by Barça or Espanyol as professionals.

Any feedback welcome, I'm sure it's not perfect but it certainly plays without any issues at all

CATALONIA DATA XML FILE (version 2 with increased prize money): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3ab6yjkho1e20c/catalonia.xml

Aslo available: Accompanying Catalonia national team logo and flags graphics: https://www.mediafire.com/?4ha0znkyy7sl830

Good stuff this

But will it be better to have barca and espanyol b teams in the Catalan league?

Thanks, yeah I did think about doing that but certainly with Barca B in Liga Adelante in reality, it would be a step down to put them in Catalonia. In my FM13 version I re-created Barcelona C, and made Europa the C Team for Espanyol. But then I wouldn't want them qualifying for Europe, can't remember if there is an option to exclude feeder team from qualifying...?

Excellent stuff, do Barcelona and Espanyol take part in the Catalan Cup?

Thanks, the answer is no unfortunately because I didn't want to cause any problems with European qualification. I should have maybe added an extra cup where they do play, since Barcelona and Espanyol do participate in the real Copa Catalunya and take it quite seriously.

Thanks, yeah I did think about doing that but certainly with Barca B in Liga Adelante in reality, it would be a step down to put them in Catalonia. In my FM13 version I re-created Barcelona C, and made Europa the C Team for Espanyol. But then I wouldn't want them qualifying for Europe, can't remember if there is an option to exclude feeder team from qualifying...?

I don't think there is to be fair but you could have a barca Catalona team in the 2nd tier as well as espanyol

Amended replacement file now added: Changes are adjusted prize money for Primera Lliga (see new screenshot) and names of national team and leagues included (these had been on a lnc file before so wouldn't show up if only the xml was downloaded, woops!) :D

Archived