Sports Interactive Community
FuryG

Advanced Rules: Fixed draw for Cup Stage following Group Stage?

Hi all,

I need some help with the advanced rules. I have set up a cup structure with two stages: Firstly a stage with four groups of 7 teams, which is then followed by a knock-out cup stage (each group winner and runner-up qualify). I would like to have fixed draw in the quarter final, i.e., 1st from Group 1 vs 2nd from Group 3, 1st Group 3 vs. 2nd Group 1, 1st Group 2 vs 2nd Group 4, 1st Group 4 vs 2nd Group 2. I can't figure out how to do this - the fixtures are always random. Tried to experiment with Team Indices and Cup Tie Mappings, but no luck until now. Any help/advice on how to get this to work? Or even example files? :) Thanks!

have a look on fmbase fm13 section there are files there you can download and see how to do it

Thanks, but this is not what I am asking for! This approach only works if you want to seed teams based on their position in ONE table. But I have FOUR groups, and each team has been either first or second in its group. How do I ensure that the group winners can only play against runner-ups in the cup stage?

With so many people working with the advanced rules and releasing competitions, I can't believe that nobody has found out how to do this properly???

I'd assume it's the same as in previous versions (I last used 2012).

1. Set "Fixed draw" in Round defaults -> Draw rules.

2. Set "Get league stage teams" to 0 (top) and 1 (bottom) in Teams.

3. Set "Team order" to 0 (first line followed by seven anoher lines = eight teams in quarters), 5, 1, 4, 3, 6, 2, 7 in General.

That should do it.

The teams, as long as you don't use randomisation or any ordering/seeding methods will be gotten in order. For instance if two teams from each group go through, team 0 will be 1st in Group A, 1 will be 2nd in Group A, 2 will be 1st in Group B etc.