Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Then the player's decision is even worse. That really should've been a simple pass to the DCR or the GK, as he has plenty of time.

If he has the balance, agility and technique as well then a pass to the DR should still be possible, but a worse decision than i initially thought,

as i was thinking of him as a right-footed player.

As an isolated incident it's just a bad decision, which happens.

But there are too many of these kinds of decisions, and they really need some tweaking.

Balance 17 Agility 12 technique 15

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't see the run of the DR points towards low composure. As he can't keep himself composed enough in a relatively very easy situation from when he receives the ball. Possibly not a creative player either.

He didn't see the run of the DR because he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.

Overall though my read is he is trying to hold the ball and wants to peel away into the DMC/DML area before looking for a pass. The DCL gets in his way back-pedalling to his DCL position and possession is lost.

He didn't see the run of the DR because he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.

Overall though my read is he is trying to hold the ball and wants to peel away into the DMC/DML area before looking for a pass. The DCL gets in his way back-pedalling to his DCL position and possession is lost.

He should've spotted that opportunity just before he received the ball. He also has team-mates that most likely will give a few shouts. Especially the DCL which he receives that pass from.

Probably not about the DR though. With a regular understanding of the game and a little overview then he would definitely know the DR is where he's at.

Agree with you there. That's what i read from that as well.

The biggest mistake isn't really by the player having the ball but the DCL that doesn't have a clue about what to do, the way i see it.

Just bought the game after Christmas as usual, it's usually playable by this point. Just a few things I've noticed, I haven't really read the thread in great detail.

Some of the ME anomalies i'm noticing.

1) Easy chances squandered. My team misses some unbelievable guilt edged chances game after game.

2) Late goals. I've switched to defensive strategies and my team are usually quite motivated, but still tend to concede a lot of last minute goals, result defining or not.

3) Near post goals. Around 50% of the goals I concede from open play are near post. Keepers barely move.

4) Corner goals. I saw this mentioned above so no need to comment further.

5) Injuries. Getting a lot of these, not sure if it's that my tactic demanding too much though.

6) Yellow Cards. Could be the tactic also.

I quite like the game other than the mentioned problems. I do think once the final patch is out this game will be brilliant.

Now after playing 2 and a bit full seasons...

1) Not so much, but there's still quite a weird amount missed.

2) Again not so much. Think this was more a concentration attribute issue.

3) Still happening. Far too often even with a new keeper.

4) Do I need to say anymore about this?

5) My tactic isn't so demanding but I'm still receiving more than my fair share.

6) Was my tactic's fault.

Overall I don't feel like FM14 is a finished game, which is quite disappointing as I highly enjoyed FM 13's final patch. Stop fixing whats not entirely broken. I'll be returning to my long term FM 13 save until the final ME patch, despite enjoying great success with QPR (Championship title, 9th in PL + FA Cup) I just don't enjoy watching this ME. It certainly does have potential at times whilst viewing but it's the predictability of it all that makes me hate it. I'm sure these are small issues and SI have fixed set piece issue previously so I can't wait for the final update :).

Im really sorry guys, but until this game is sorted i cant play it, its far too infuriating. Every time the AI has a corner, i know they will score, sooo many clear cut chances missed, ridiculous defending. The game is not finished and really shouldnt have been released, im going back to fm13 until the new patch comes out.

Im really sorry guys, but until this game is sorted i cant play it, its far too infuriating. Every time the AI has a corner, i know they will score, sooo many clear cut chances missed, ridiculous defending. The game is not finished and really shouldnt have been released, im going back to fm13 until the new patch comes out.

And it happens every year! i doubt the SI test team ever play the game their self

Don't get it wrong, i love this game for so many years. All i hope is a playable ME=(

Perhaps someone could tell me if it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting really annoyed by getting news items either from one of your parent clubs or a club you've requested a team report from informing you of players willing to join you on loan, only for them to reject you after you've agreed a deal with the club in question.

The worst thing is there's no indication of why they're suddenly not willing to join. Case in question here. In my Sittard save, just announced a new link with Sochaux in France, and I get a report about players willing to come on loan, like so...

erVwN2f.jpg

So, I negotiate a loan deal for this dude (his stats are better than his scout report, and is in a position I'm light in). Sochaux agree to it, then this pops up. With no explanation why. What am I doing wrong here?

pmTOZmE.jpg

That happenend to me when I gave the player a backup role. Changed it to rotation and he signed.

Do team talks and talking outside the matches even work at all anymore?

I teamtalk my players to keep focused, they screw up.

I tell them to stay composed, they screw up.

I tell them I expect a win, they screw up.

In general, if they are bound to screw up, absolutely nothing changes it as far as interacting with them goes.

The only thing that seems to work is to circle mindlessly through teamshouts, until you see that the ME has calculated it's your turn to start doing the banging until you score. I'm not even talking about properly changing shouts. Just change them once, see if we started attacking, if not, change back to the old one and repeat. And it's so easy to see whether things are going your way, that there is no drawback to doing it, unless the other team manages to score before the "managing changes" recalculation happens.

This. Although how it happens might be slightly buggy, why it happens is 100% user related.

Yes I agree with this. The problem for the users is that the HOW of things like this appears very much like an incomprehensible player error, not as a tactical issue. Again I feel like the current ME makes the players too robotic and dependent on instructions and roles/duties even on Very Fluid. They behave like on Very Rigid. Yes he has too many players on attacking duties, but why would an Attack duty (RFD Often) mean that the player bolts forward regardless of which teammate has the ball where? It just means that he is responsible for creating chances for himself and the team, and to do so he has to make himself available for a pass first and foremost - so if the ball carrier is deep in his own area and the opponent pushes up high at the moment, he cannot run like Forrest Gump in that direction; he and the other forwards/midfielders who are told to attack must through teamwork decide who is going to come short and who is going to threaten the space behind the opposition defence, even though one striker is a DLF-S and the other a AF-A. Most of the time the DLF-S should look to do so, but if both strikers are marked and the DLF-S is five meters deeper, it is he who has the most space to go into. It is all situation-based, and right now the players aren't independent enough even on Very Fluid. God knows how robotic the players are on Very Rigid...

Is this a bug? Seems a bit strange..

6tWHQJU.png

DYt17OV.png

Gc4JA9o.png

ZQ3SGCw.png

PYFUSc2.png

Soares had a good season for me and was generating interest from other clubs but since his agent owned 70% I had no intention of selling because I figured no club would ever pay me enough to make it worthwhile. I set his asking price to £11.25m and a few weeks later Monaco came in with a bid of exactly that. He was transferred without Monaco buying the rest of his contract (which seems to happen for every player that I sell with an agent ownership involved). Now they can't play him and can't afford to buy out the agent.

£60m for 70% of a decent right back is a bit steep even for Monaco!

Now after playing 2 and a bit full seasons...

1) Not so much, but there's still quite a weird amount missed.

2) Again not so much. Think this was more a concentration attribute issue.

3) Still happening. Far too often even with a new keeper.

4) Do I need to say anymore about this?

5) My tactic isn't so demanding but I'm still receiving more than my fair share.

6) Was my tactic's fault.

Overall I don't feel like FM14 is a finished game, which is quite disappointing as I highly enjoyed FM 13's final patch. Stop fixing whats not entirely broken. I'll be returning to my long term FM 13 save until the final ME patch, despite enjoying great success with QPR (Championship title, 9th in PL + FA Cup) I just don't enjoy watching this ME. It certainly does have potential at times whilst viewing but it's the predictability of it all that makes me hate it. I'm sure these are small issues and SI have fixed set piece issue previously so I can't wait for the final update :).

1,2,3 are not really issues for me but with 4 I agree wholeheartedly. Even though I agree that it's realistic that a lot of goals are scored from set pieces(happens also in real life) it's a bit annoying that you can basically do nothing about about it. I've changed set-ups for Def.Corners some times, nothing really changes.

I would add to the annoying parts of the ME the amount of crosses blocked from wing backs and converted to corners. This happens way too often in each match.

This isn't a bug, more of a bugbear.

I'm currently managing AFC Fylde, at the end of the season before last (our 5th in the Skrill Prem) we'd had an excellent season financially, got Spurs in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and somehow managed to take them to a replay, we had near as damn it £1m in the bank. I managed to finally convince the board to take the club professional.

I assumed this would take effect from the beginning of pre-season the following year. During the course of the season we were subject to a takeover. The new board told me they had no plans to put any extra investment in the club and nothing else.

Every time I checked the available discussion points with the board the option of professional status was greyed out. I presumed this was because it was already agreed.

I finished the season in 16th a good 10 point clear of relegation, but with no significant cup runs my finances were down to about £150k. I'd also convinced them to upgrade the training facilities and increase the number of coaches during the season.

Pre-season has come and gone and we are still semi-pro. I presume this is because the new board didn't feel the club was solid enough financially for this, which in itself I have no arguments with (we've been surviving on a good FA Cup run every few years anyway. My issue is that I wasn't told.

Can SI have a look at this, and it the board reverse a decision there is a news item.

I liked to buy a new left full back for my Sassuolo and i find it in Cristiano Biraghi.

He is co-owned by Internazionale and Catania, but when i manage to buy it i can only make an offer for loan - and they never accept.

Plus, the "Contract" screen seems weird. He is "co-owned until 1900" :O

30ic1td.png

Raised also in the bug forum.

I liked to buy a new left full back for my Sassuolo and i find it in Cristiano Biraghi.

He is co-owned by Internazionale and Catania, but when i manage to buy it i can only make an offer for loan - and they never accept.

Plus, the "Contract" screen seems weird. He is "co-owned until 1900" :O

30ic1td.png

Raised also in the bug forum.

And that's a crazy wage... I had him at Portsmouth in 2017 on £14k a week... Was brilliant for us!

Edit - just seen that you have your wages per annum.. Haha, I've gotten used to using per week on mine, read it wrong! In any case snap him up if you can!

And that's a crazy wage... I had him at Portsmouth in 2017 on £14k a week... Was brilliant for us!

Edit - just seen that you have your wages per annum.. Haha, I've gotten used to using per week on mine, read it wrong! In any case snap him up if you can!

:D

It's impossible, because i can only offer for loan. He never play, they don't want to loan him out and he's condemned to stay there forever.

It's "until 1900" i think :D

I use "per annum" because im italian and we used to talk about a football contract per annum, even i think that "per week" it's coolest :D

:D

It's impossible, because i can only offer for loan. He never play, they don't want to loan him out and he's condemned to stay there forever.

It's "until 1900" i think :D

I use "per annum" because im italian and we used to talk about a football contract per annum, even i think that "per week" it's coolest :D

Here's hoping he jumps in his time machine and comes out of contract shortly after...

That happenend to me when I gave the player a backup role. Changed it to rotation and he signed.

I thought about the player role, so I tried again, this time bumping him up from first team to key player, and he still said no. Just don't understand it. I'll maybe start a new thread on it, as it's going to get lost in here.

I thought about the player role, so I tried again, this time bumping him up from first team to key player, and he still said no. Just don't understand it. I'll maybe start a new thread on it, as it's going to get lost in here.

Ive had the same thing happen to me. Does seem a bit odd hey!

Not sure if it should be raised as a bug or not, but I've noticed a lot of inconsistency when it comes to signing free agents - specifically those on trial. For example, was taking a look at Aaron McLean (managing Coventry)... Negotiating a contract he was willing to accept £1200 a week, so decided to get him in on trial to build up match fitness etc and whilst on trial his wage demands jumped to around £5000 a week, dropping straight back down to the initial amount as soon as his trial ended. This was also the case with six other trialist... Thought it was a little odd.

Not sure if it should be raised as a bug or not, but I've noticed a lot of inconsistency when it comes to signing free agents - specifically those on trial. For example, was taking a look at Aaron McLean (managing Coventry)... Negotiating a contract he was willing to accept £1200 a week, so decided to get him in on trial to build up match fitness etc and whilst on trial his wage demands jumped to around £5000 a week, dropping straight back down to the initial amount as soon as his trial ended. This was also the case with six other trialist... Thought it was a little odd.

Somebody please can answer to this?

Because it's becoming really annoying, and i know that "FM was always like this", but if an error is repeated for EVERY FM maybe can be changed...or not?

I try to sign Xabi Alonso, he was free. I offered my maximum wage - 2.600.000 € per annum - but he wanted 5.000.000, so i knew that he never came.

Surprisingly (or not?) he signed for METALIST (Ukraine) for 1.200.000 € per annum.

I really can't understand why, in a game so sophisticated, happens these things.

And these things happen so many times: you offer 8 ML for a player, the team refuse but accept 4/5 ML from other team the same day.

You offer 3 ML contract, the player refuse and shortly sign for a team at half of the wage.

I really hope - cause it's a long time error and i asked about it many times - that someone can please help me to understand.

Because i'm not.

NB: Of course i'm talking about teams with same reputation more or less

I guess the Ass.Man. could warn us about some extreme situations, seems doable!

There is already a degree of this, in the sense that we are prevented from selecting conflicting instructions.

It has to remain relatively open ended, or it could stray into the "tactics by numbers" territory.

Some people who preferred the old slider interface already feel that they are losing some control. If additional guidance like this is introduced, it could potentially alienate that user base.

Plus, considering how useless AssMan feedback is at the moment, I wouldn't go to him for any sort of guidance to be honest!

I fail to see how neither of you can look at the clip and admit that it is terrible.

The comment of 'I guess players never get in each others way in real football' is very ignorant to say the least. The bloke has posted a clip of football which I, frankly, have never seen. Yes, players get in each others way sometimes, but to see a player strolling through the middle of the pitch holding on to the ball when he has an easy pass, straight after receiving the ball, isn't right.

Where was his "easy pass"?

Where was his "easy pass"?

Back to the GK after receiving the ball???

Either that, which is very easy in my opinion, or the slightly more difficult yet still straight forward pass to the defender facing him further in his own half....

Both are easy. I see back passes (without the holding hands routine) like that in Sunday league matches every week. The players are still half cut after a night on the ale half the time there so I would imagine the skill level is higher on this clip.

Back to the GK after receiving the ball???

Either that, which is very easy in my opinion, or the slightly more difficult yet still straight forward pass to the defender facing him further in his own half....

Both are easy. I see back passes (without the holding hands routine) like that in Sunday league matches every week. The players are still half cut after a night on the ale half the time there so I would imagine the skill level is higher on this clip.

If you are watching Sunday League you also see players getting in each others way several times every match.

The GK is a safe pass with a possible pass to the DCR second choice as I said further up but with the opposition ST moving infield the pass to the DCR includes a certain amount of risk and could possibly put his teammate in trouble. My opinion is that he made the decision to peel away to the left but the DCL got in his way. Nothing wrong with his decision to hold the ball and peel left IMO and the DCL getting in his way was just one of those things that happen from time to time.

If you are watching Sunday League you also see players getting in each others way several times every match.

The GK is a safe pass with a possible pass to the DCR second choice as I said further up but with the opposition ST moving infield the pass to the DCR includes a certain amount of risk and could possibly put his teammate in trouble. My opinion is that he made the decision to peel away to the left but the DCL got in his way. Nothing wrong with his decision to hold the ball and peel left IMO and the DCL getting in his way was just one of those things that happen from time to time.

This isn't sunday league. These are world class players. I've never seen two players walk slowly towards each other and eventually collide.

This isn't sunday league. These are world class players. I've never seen two players walk slowly towards each other and eventually collide.

I watched three FA cup games this weekend and in every match there were examples of players getting in each others way.

I watched three FA cup games this weekend and in every match there were examples of players getting in each others way.

Which matches?? And to this degree??

I've played Saturday and Sunday league for 17 years. I've never seen this happen. A player under pressure does not continue to stroll nonchalantly through the centre, alongside his team mate. They pass back every time.

Which matches?? And to this degree??

I've played Saturday and Sunday league for 17 years. I've never seen this happen. A player under pressure does not continue to stroll nonchalantly through the centre, alongside his team mate. They pass back every time.

It was actually four - Bournemouth/Liverpool, Stevenage/Everton, Sheff Utd/Fulham & Chelsea/Stoke. I didn't watch them all fully but at least had them all on in the background.

To this degree??

You have to put it into context and look at what the limitations of the animations are trying to tell you. In all those four matches I watched there was miscommunication at several stages whether it was a pass for a run that wasn't made, a pass that hit a teammate who got in the way, a near collision where two teammates went for the same ball the difference was in those games possession wasn't directly lost in that type of situation whereas in the FM clip is was.

If it happened all the time I would consider it an issue but if it happens rarely then it isn't.

It was actually four - Bournemouth/Liverpool, Stevenage/Everton, Sheff Utd/Fulham & Chelsea/Stoke. I didn't watch them all fully but at least had them all on in the background.

To this degree??

You have to put it into context and look at what the limitations of the animations are trying to tell you. In all those four matches I watched there was miscommunication at several stages whether it was a pass for a run that wasn't made, a pass that hit a teammate who got in the way, a near collision where two teammates went for the same ball the difference was in those games possession wasn't directly lost in that type of situation whereas in the FM clip is was.

If it happened all the time I would consider it an issue but if it happens rarely then it isn't.

And there is my main gripe right now. The animations. They're still poor in my opinion, despite years of 'improvements'.

To this degree??

To be fair it does happen quite often. I watch every match in at least comprehensive, often full match so maybe I notice it more. This was two matches before the above clip. Watch the final part of it where two opposition players collide. Now ok, these players aren't great but I still see this in the premier league.

[video=youtube;6h_qARqC2qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h_qARqC2qc

One of the biggest problems with the animations is this year's introduction of the 'close cam'. I remember thinking at the time that it didn't seem to look much different to the normal 3D view in the older games, but when you go back to them, it is quite a difference. Having the player animations so close up highlights many of the deficiencies more. I mostly watch in 2D now, but for my Sittard save, I've taken to watching the elevated view, fully zoomed in, which I'm really enjoying.

Just loss a game 6 - 0. It's not the result that shocked me, but the overall statistics of the match.

I've got 52% to 48% of possession.

13 shots, 7 on goal.

They made 15 shots, 7 on goal.

Im a football fan from 25 years. I play FM from 12 years.

I've never see these results.

I know that 6-0 can happen in football, but i swear that i never seen this happen in a game played like this.

When i saw 6-0 (that happens however less that in this year edition of FM) it was a game when the winning team was dominant.

And another thing is that also assuming that is a wrong formation or tactic, this don't mean that a wrong tactic transform the opponents in 11 George Best.

Shots from 25 yards in the net, dribbling after dribbling also coming from techincal ungifted players.

I really think that this ME mechanics are completely wrong.

Last thing: how it's possible that every time a player is in the position of crossing he always prefer to shoot straight on the side of the goal instead crossing? Even if there are strikers in the area?

Players casually strolling around with the ball is something that should pretty much never happen anyway, regardless of whether they end up stumbling into a teammate or not. This is a symptom of the sort of all-round indecisiveness that has plagued the last two FM games with the reworked ME. It was much better in earlier versions of FM14 ME IMO but is now back at almost FM13 level.

Players need to make decisions quicker and not default into that casual jog movement with the ball. They happily expose the ball to opponents while walking right towards them as well which should not happen - they either need to shield the ball, attempt to take the man on or look for a pass. If they can't decide which then sure enough, getting caught in possession is a realistic outcome but it should not play out as it does in FM. Very rarely should someone ever walk with the ball like that, much less with an opponent anywhere near them or right in front of them. As it is now it really looks like some sort of a zombie football game at times which is damn frustrating especially when trying to watch highlights at normal game speed.

I really think that this ME mechanics are completely wrong.

I think your opinions are quite clear now!

Out of interest, how are you playing now?

You started a thread in the Tactics forum some time ago and posted your tactic which had some issues, and then never really seemed to persevere and the thread fizzled out.

The relative merits and failings of the Match Engine are better understood if you have a reasonable benchmark.

Players casually strolling around with the ball is something that should pretty much never happen anyway, regardless of whether they end up stumbling into a teammate or not. This is a symptom of the sort of all-round indecisiveness that has plagued the last two FM games with the reworked ME. It was much better in earlier versions of FM14 ME IMO but is now back at almost FM13 level.

Players need to make decisions quicker and not default into that casual jog movement with the ball. They happily expose the ball to opponents while walking right towards them as well which should not happen - they either need to shield the ball, attempt to take the man on or look for a pass. If they can't decide which then sure enough, getting caught in possession is a realistic outcome but it should not play out as it does in FM. Very rarely should someone ever walk with the ball like that, much less with an opponent anywhere near them or right in front of them. As it is now it really looks like some sort of a zombie football game at times which is damn frustrating especially when trying to watch highlights at normal game speed.

Totally agree. The ball is too fast and the players are too slow. That's why we end up with speed skating! :)

I think your opinions are quite clear now!

Out of interest, how are you playing now?

You started a thread in the Tactics forum some time ago and posted your tactic which had some issues, and then never really seemed to persevere and the thread fizzled out.

The relative merits and failings of the Match Engine are better understood if you have a reasonable benchmark.

Of course, but i think that saying "despite of the tactical errors, i can't understand why this transform the opponents in 11 George Best" means that is not important if i win or if i lose or even if i use wrong tactics.

Plus, if my tactic is wrong i can't understand why my possession is like theirs, the shots idem. And is 6-0.

By the way, some pages ago, i posted a similar state when i won 3 - 0 doing 3 shots over something like 12.

I just think that if a ME work in the way that if he find some errors in your tactic punish you so heavily and repeatedly, this means that the ME is wrong.

I think that if ME transform your tactical errors in individual technical errors of your mens, and in "George Best" the opponents whoever they are...is wrong.

That's the point, at least for my point of view.

If there are tactical errors, i LOVE that the game punish me...but showing me this. Not only that my players can't stop the ball, my keeper became cheese when the opponents increase their technical attributes with no limit and their keeper become Schmeichel. That's all.

However: played 3 seasons with Sassuolo, Serie A. 11th place, 10th place and 8th place. Surely not impressive results, but decent. I think it means that my tactic is not the "Gods of Football" tactic but also that is not so crappy. I say it for the records, because my opinion about ME - like i said before - is aside my results, considering that i never play this game winning all or FOR winning all and i never find a ME so ugly.

I just think that if a ME work in the way that if he find some errors in your tactic punish you so heavily and repeatedly, this means that the ME is wrong.

This is where our opinions differ.

If your tactic has flaws and / or your assessment of the flow of a match is off the mark, and the ME doesn't heavily and repeatedly punish you, that is when I would be worried. It sounds as if you misread the match and failed to react, or failed to react appropriately. 6-0 is a proper going over and you will have had plenty of opportunities to take stock, watch the goals back and figure out what was wrong.

One of the biggest problems with the animations is this year's introduction of the 'close cam'. I remember thinking at the time that it didn't seem to look much different to the normal 3D view in the older games, but when you go back to them, it is quite a difference. Having the player animations so close up highlights many of the deficiencies more. I mostly watch in 2D now, but for my Sittard save, I've taken to watching the elevated view, fully zoomed in, which I'm really enjoying.

I think the animations are struggling to make the game look 'real' this year. FM13 struggled in the same way. It all looks a bit 'mechanical'....too predictable.

To be fair it does happen quite often. I watch every match in at least comprehensive, often full match so maybe I notice it more. This was two matches before the above clip. Watch the final part of it where two opposition players collide. Now ok, these players aren't great but I still see this in the premier league

I watch on comprehensive as well.

Do I see it a lot? possibly slightly more than we do IRL but not significantly, I do believe though the frequency is linked to some tactical choices made with some leading to examples being seen more often.

It is something I would expect to be tweaked, probably more to do with the pathing of the OTB players.

Linking back to your previous comment about using fullbacks on attacking, I've played around with mine and I've also come to the conclusion support is a much better duty an leads to better play in general. Do I have an attacking player in my back four? well I have a stopper at DC which is something close but not a true attacking duty.

If your tactic has flaws and / or your assessment of the flow of a match is off the mark, and the ME doesn't heavily and repeatedly punish you, that is when I would be worried. It sounds as if you misread the match and failed to react, or failed to react appropriately. 6-0 is a proper going over and you will have had plenty of opportunities to take stock, watch the goals back and figure out what was wrong.

Precisely. The ME should punish you, of course it should. It's very easy to see (amidst all the glitches :D) where your team is going wrong. That's one of the positives from the ME and the TC. Errors in your team's play/positioning can easily be seen and easily modified.

People will always have issues with tactics (I'm including my self), there will always be good and bad ones and for sure that there isn't perfect or magic tactics. But when we see:

a) throw-in's being taken directly to the opponent (having available players to receive the ball)

b) a striker coming close to receive the ball without being instructed to do so (another throw-in issue

c) GK's and defenders making assists to opponent players

d) Defenders not reacting to long balls

e) Forwards that refuse to run with the ball to goal into the penalty box (having space to and instructed to drible more) and just shoots as soon they are outside the box

f) corners frequently going out

g) top players with 15 or more first touch attribute not able to control the ball

and so on, and so on, then it's no use telling us our tactics sucks.

Precisely. The ME should punish you, of course it should. It's very easy to see (amidst all the glitches :D) where your team is going wrong. That's one of the positives from the ME and the TC. Errors in your team's play/positioning can easily be seen and easily modified.

I think that our opinions are not so different, maybe my language knowledge damage me :D

I understand what you saying, but i'm saying that IF there are tactic errors it's not understandable that i hit the woodwork 2 times in one-on-one and they scores 2 goals from long shots. This can't be tactic. This is why i say that ME is bugged, not because i lose a game.

Also, i can understand that we love a challenging ME, but it has to be realistic: there is no way that every team play with the same IA, i think that also if you do tactical errors not anyone must understand it in one minutes and punishing. You play agains Juventus? One error and they punish you, seems fine to me.

You play agains Livorno? Oh, come on, no. Please forgive me at least once, mighty Livorno.

That's what i intend.

Archived