Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, played a bunch of games, I know some people on here don't seen to have this problem, but my striker conversion is far, far lower than it has been during any version of this game..

My main man is Alexander Mitrovic, Just starting my 5th Season, his last 3 seasons have seen 40+ a season from him..

I'm in the process of reloading game after game against Monaco, figuring out the new stuff, and he is missing, chance after chance after chance, easy one on one's too.

My mid-fielders on the other hand seem to score from anywhere..

Must have reloaded this game 15 times, scoring a minimum of 2 each game and he's scored a grand total of ZERO goals..

It's not your tactics when your tactics creates easy one on ones they just refuse to put it in the back of the net

Just had an interesting (and rather irritating) issue.

Playing as Everton, at home to WBA. 2mins remaining in the game and I'm 2-1 up, Barkley having scored both my goals.

In the 88th minute, I get a penalty, and despite having Baines set as my first (and only designated) penalty taker, up steps Barkley. He then proceeds to take an almost comically bad penalty, basically passing it to the goalkeeper.

Now I appreciate that when a player is on 2 goals he often is given the chance to complete his hat trick from the spot, but this needs to be context sensitive -i.e NOT when only 1 goal in the lead, with a few minutes to go in a league game.

trust me, in game penalties are pretty bad sometimes.

before this patch in 2 matches V southampton Lambert stuffed up 2 penalties.. and he never misses IRL

it wasn't the fact that he missed (or even the slightly daft manner in which he missed - the ball was hit so slowly I wasn't sure it'd MAKE IT to the goal) that was bothering me

It's the fact that he shouldn't have been taking the kick in the first place.

FM has always done that, FM12 was even worse for it because of the defenders smashing in corners far too often.

Pretty sure I've seen the same issue crop up on change lists in past versions though.

Got no problem with him being given the penalty if we'd been an extra goal or more ahead, but with the match finely poised it shouldn't be happening.

Thank you SI... For complete destroying my perfect tactic with this update.............. :( I use a 4-3-3 DM formation. The center striker is a TM Support. Before update he would drop back a little to receive the ball pulling defenders with him, and creating large areas for my 2 poachers to run into. Now I never see this happen anymore, and they can't score. My poachers both have 35+ goals this season, but this update... pfff.

I like:

Ratings are probably better though too soon to say. At least I had a keeper get MOM.

Players aren't constantly furious/frustrated/anxious.

I dislike:

Keepers are again very bad at near post

Corners aimed at goal line are not dealt with by the defence and lead to goals almost always

A lot of corners are way overhit or curled behind the goal

The first thing that strikes me is that player and board interaction screens are an awful lot slower than they were before. Does anyone else have this problem?

Okay this is by design. Let me explain. Before 14.2 after you picked an answer to a question/comment, your next set of available options to pick from in the conversation appeared before you saw the person you're chatting to's response. This did not feel right and is not how a conversation in real-life would flow. So it was decided to only show your next set of available options to pick from after the person has responded to your last comment. And the reason why the person does not respond immediately is both technical (because to retrieve their response requires a reasonable amount of processing in the background) and design (people don't usually respond to a question instantly i.e. a millisecond after a comment is made).

One thing I've noticed on the UI front. You know the little icons you can add to top bar so you can quickly select tactics, training, etc? The little calendar fixtures icon isn't working. May be a skin issue with the update, as it seems to work on FMC ok.

Hmm, this is working here for me in both FM and FMC games. Any one else with this problem?

Customised tactical view on matchday keeps resetting every match, during the pre-match screens. I can't import the settings as they're invalid, but if i pick them from the dropdown directly, and they are the same, it works perfectly.

Can you please post this in the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/368-User-Interface)?

Why does the player attribute screen now look this and how can I change it back? I'm referring to the Recent match ratings bar and that weird blue design in the gaps.

Untitled.png

That looks like a custom background picture - the Premier League logo? Background pictures are on by default in 14.2. They were incorrectly off in 14.1. I believe the 'fix' here would be to delete the background pictures you've installed.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I notice (purely a cosmetic thing), that on the assistant's advice pop up in game, it now says 'Make changes' rather than 'Apply Advice'. Unless it's always said this, and I'm thinking of something else...

Good spot. This was changed because the assistant wouldn't always necessarily give advice that could be applied, but could sometimes simply be making a general comment/observation that he would be available to make changes based on.

The current view in tactics > overview keeps on changing. Annoying as I use this screen the most probably.

Hmm not getting this to reproduce here. The view I change it to (whether it's a custom view or non-default preset view) is remembered if I click away or [Continue] and return. This may get triggered though after following specific steps.

Can you please post about this in the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/368-User-Interface) so we review it further?

There is a huge improvements in The ME. I'm a lower league manager and the only problem i have to figure out now is how to defend corners to the far post. There is the awkward player/goalkeeper error but that is expected at that level. took time to adjust but it is way better than the previous patch.

First of all, sorry for my english

I've got a very strange issue with the game now : I played with a 125% zoom. It was fine untill now and the new update : Now, when i watch a game in 2D, the players play behind the lines : For example, the GK play behind the scoring line, the wingers play behind the throwing line etc... I don't have this problem when I play with a 100% zoom, however it's to small for me and so it's unplayable. Do someone have the same issue ?

This issue has been recorded. Appears to be reproducible only if zoom is 125% and above and you're playing in 2D Classic. This is not a problem with the '2D' camera though. I suggest changing to it for the time being if playing in 100% zoom is too small for you. Sorry about this.

Anyone noticed that when you tick show recent attribute changes that it is not showing any changes?

This on all the screens where I can see the attributes and the option exits.

It's showing for me here. If it's not showing for you and you're certain that there have been changes that should be reported, please post this in the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/368-User-Interface).

seriously? my D line just stood there when a keeper booted a long ball, opposition striker just ran on.

had defenders sliding around even more.

Interesting that in the Good Player and Team Guide thread, you claim to have gone a whole Premier League season with a 33-5-0 record, yet you see so many issues. You've done very well to maintain such invincible form in spite of all of them.....

Your issue here could relate to using a high line, hassle opponents, offside.....

Interesting that in the Good Player and Team Guide thread, you claim to have gone a whole Premier League season with a 33-5-0 record, yet you see so many issues. You've done very well to maintain such invincible form in spite of all of them.....

Your issue here could relate to using a high line, hassle opponents, offside.....

If he's saying that the defenders simply stood there, then that's clearly a fault. Players would react to a long ball, rather than a feeble attempt at the ball.

All of this is guesswork though considering his post lacks any substantial detail.

I like latest patch already but it was really bad experience that my tactical familarities get low on mid season. Also is there anyone recorded more injuries after update? in 3 weeks time I got my 6 six players got injured, maybe it's just bad luck.

As this is the thread for feedback on the new patch, I just thought I'd add that, although the ME is significantly improved, I still watch in 3D and feel that the player movement and passing still looks and feels wrong. I watched my team last night and the passing at times was as though it was unintended, yet is described as a killer pass. The animations need to be far, far better than this. Some passes are nonchalant taps, yet they fly off and find their man like a cruise missile. There needs to be a relationship between the players force of pass and the actual ball movement for it to look and feel realistic.

At times it's as if the players are running with their eyes closed with their feet hovering above the pitch. Their movement isn't comparable to real life, it's as if they're running on air. When running on a pitch, as I'm sure many of us know, it takes time to get going (I was playing as Montrose, where the supporters are listed by name, not numbers as there are so few - so the players are not much better than me :D). My players would be twisting and turning like Saturday Night Fever was on the radio, then, bang, they're off like a greyhound from a standing start and almost floating across the pitch. It's as if, when their planted foot is planted, they're still sliding forwards - on that planted foot!? :confused:

I know it's something which bugs some and not others, but I just want a true representation of movement and for me, this isn't it.

As I say, it is an improvement as the game now appears to represent better defending and other things so great. I also appreciate that the graphical side isn't going to be fixed in a patch; if you don't say something though, it won't get looked at.

Overall I like the update and no major issues. However, I'm suddenly scoring a lot more from corners. Considering I had 5 in 20 matches before the update, it's odd to score 7 in 5 post update. I guess I shouldn't complain too much but it's just a bit strange...

The transfer system is still a joke. I have a player valued at £22 million and i'm receiving repeted bids off of clubs for £14 million. The player is a first team regular, I've no intention of selling him and tell the other clubs this, but he's getting unsettled.

I understand clubs might do this but at least make the offers more realistic, if I have to pay at least double what a players worth then so should the AI!!!!!!

The transfer system is still a joke. I have a player valued at £22 million and i'm receiving repeted bids off of clubs for £14 million. The player is a first team regular, I've no intention of selling him and tell the other clubs this, but he's getting unsettled.

I understand clubs might do this but at least make the offers more realistic, if I have to pay at least double what a players worth then so should the AI!!!!!!

This is actually brilliant. You're feeling what a real life manager would feel surely? They're bidding low to get him unsettled and then you'll have to sell him for less than you want to, unless you dig your heels in and tell the player he is going nowhere.

Remember Arsenal and Suarez?

Well I have played a lot of games on the new update, the number of goals conceded due to error from the goal keeper and the defenders is averaging around 2 per game for me, which as an underdog team that is currently based around grinding out results is too many and is costing points.

There also appear to be a lot of 2 footed tackles, this match includes both of those.

[video=youtube_share;CpvobeSSbvo]http://youtu.be/CpvobeSSbvo

Also since the new patch my team doesn't seem to be able to keep possession and passes the ball straight to the opposition a lot, maybe that's just the quality of my players and my tactics though.

I have reverted back to the previous patch and will wait till the next update before resuming my save, until then I will have to start a new game.

• SI Staff
Started new game in demo as Arsenal and noticed that only Wilshere is considered trained in England. Gibbs, Woj, Walcott, Ramsey and Ox don't count towards the 8 for squad registration.

Could you try Verifying your Game cache and see if that fixes the problem with a new game. Instructions on how to do it can be found here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

If the problem still remains then please report the issue in the Bugs Forum. Thanks.

so i must be in the transfer window to call back player on loan?

I thought in real life is not the case....apologize if i am wrong :p

Depends what stipulations you have in the loan, is there a monthly fee etc?

Yeah but for EVERY first team player? Remember Suarez and the clause in his contract (supposedly). At least offer the value of a player.

So it's happening on literally, every first team player? Obviously the clause wasn't there and Suarez learned that a handshake isn't worth jack, get it on paper, which if he signs a new contract, he will do. Also I think if Bale is worth 85m, then Suarez has to be at least double that, so the bid wasn't really sensible and I think Arsenal knew that.

Do you have a screenshot where all your first team are under offer? Also any screenies of every low bid would be impressive (and hilarious) to see. Seems rather excessive and could be something wrong.

Not sure what my keeper is attempting to do here.

[video=youtube;TKniXvoBcxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKniXvoBcxI

Massimo Taibi has come back to the PL! My keeper last night was wonderful. A freekick rebounded off the cross bar, the ball hit him on the back of the head and went up in the air above him. He then flapped at it like a seal for 3 seconds before being clothes lined (WWE style) by the opposing striker and the ball ended up in the back of the net. The goal was given despite my keeper trying to put on a Sea World like show for the crowd and being wiped out as the opposing striker didn't approve. Also his concussion made it that I couldn't reprimand him afterwards, clearly that was the case as the option must have been greyed out because he had no memory of it.

Archived