Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As has been proved many times now (by people who eventually and begrudgingly join us in the tactics forum), a lot of the problems people are getting with the match engine are caused by a lack of understanding on how to use the tactical system. Yes, the game has bugs,. No, it is not unplayable.

they may be trying to PLAY the game trying different tactics just lilke you should try to iron at least some of that bugs out

As has been proved many times now (by people who eventually and begrudgingly join us in the tactics forum), a lot of the problems people are getting with the match engine are caused by a lack of understanding on how to use the tactical system. Yes, the game has bugs,. No, it is not unplayable.

f1tt.jpg

so alright then let me try and explain

in the ss above Saim Kayar just made a pass to Akif Alıcı.it's a great pass great oppurtunity.but you know what happened next? Akif passed it back to number 2 who's running from behind and he makes a cross to a player in the box who then takes an easily saved header.what tactic would cause a player who's only to pass the net wtih the ball to make a stupid back pass

mw6r.jpg

and in this one vietto shoots the ball instead of holding it up and pass the ball in front of one of his teammates who are instructed to make runs (IFs and CMa) now it's simple, i said do not shoot pass it and i said make runs behind the defence in instructions.what more can i do?

638g.jpg

and why is this player taking a shot from all the way from there did AI failed to grasp the tactics?

Sorry, don't agree. All we were expecting is what was advertised and to be fair, in it's present state this game falls well below expectations of what we were lead to believe.

SI delivered a game as advertised, it simulates football management as advertised and it runs on the minimum specs advertised, on the OS's advertised, can you tell me what hasnt been delivered that was advertised please?

There's nothing in the tactics forum that will stop a keeper from falling back into the net unfortunately. Hard to swallow getting knocked out of a cup like that, even harder to swallow this company continuing to deny that something is wrong

There's nothing in the tactics forum that will stop a keeper from falling back into the net unfortunately. Hard to swallow getting knocked out of a cup like that, even harder to swallow this company continuing to deny that something is wrong

No-one is denying things that are actually wrong.

f1tt.jpg

so alright then let me try and explain

in the ss above Saim Kayar just made a pass to Akif Alıcı.it's a great pass great oppurtunity.but you know what happened next? Akif passed it back to number 2 who's running from behind and he makes a cross to a player in the box who then takes an easily saved header.what tactic would cause a player who's only to pass the net wtih the ball to make a stupid back pass

mw6r.jpg

and in this one vietto shoots the ball instead of holding it up and pass the ball in front of one of his teammates who are instructed to make runs (IFs and CMa) now it's simple, i said do not shoot pass it and i said make runs behind the defence in instructions.what more can i do?

What are your tactical instructions (all​ of them)?

Also what PPMs do the players involved have?

What are your tactical instructions (all​ of them)?

Also what PPMs do the players involved have?

uqxm.jpg

it was like that at the time. and shoot less for ST and control/fluid

oh and

goxf.jpg

and BTW thank you for making it so that the opposition would begin to find extreme gaps in my defence and instantly transform into Bayern Munich after one of their player gets sent off.

I wonder what the 32,000 people currently online with FM14 are doing if the game isn't playable?

They start the game because they are bored as hell, hoping the game would be fine now. They do their pre-season, are pissed because of the flawed transfers, but accept it. Then, they start playing the matches, and after few games they quit. /loop/

You should probably dump the Be More Expressive team instruction and apply it only to certain players, as you're giving control to the players by using it.

There's also a huge, huge gap left in your central midfield you should probably do something about - it would open up more options for your players to play the passing/retention game you want. Just changing the CM(A) to a CM(D) should help massively there. I'd also question the makeup of your attack. You have an AP and F9 floating around in the same positions (and an AP(S) will more or less stay in the same part of the pitch with limited attacking choices) and your only real attack seems to be coming from your IF, who won't really drift inside until he has the ball.

They start the game because they are bored as hell, hoping the game would be fine now. They do their pre-season, are pissed because of the flawed transfers, but accept it. Then, they start playing the matches, and after few games they quit. /loop/

Yeah your right all 32,000 just hate the game, but cannot help but start new careers over and over.....

I'm pleased to see other people using the 'car analogy' to compare how disappointed we would be if... I used it once about two years ago and got slated for it.

Thing is, his 'Honda' is very unlikely to be sold to him with so many faults as all cars undergo a rigorous testing before being released to the public. Of course once in a blue moon cars will be recalled because of some unforeseen problem that is accruing with some,not always all models. Now, Honda would take his car away and fix it and when he got it back it would be as good as new, it would not go away to be fixed and come back with even more faults than it had in the first place.

Ah I'm being stalked by a troll. If you read my post you'll see I never mentioned the 3 letter word.

However in reply to your statement I'll say "Toyota"

There are approximately 32,000 people or more playing the game in online mode at any point 24 hours a day. Please don't talk nonsense.

That's as bad as the 'comparing with a car' argument.

The ME/ AI is severely flawed.

Yes, the 32,000 people playing the game are wrong, but the hundred or so people ranting in here are clearly right.

You should probably dump the Be More Expressive team instruction and apply it only to certain players, as you're giving control to the players by using it.

There's also a huge, huge gap left in your central midfield you should probably do something about - it would open up more options for your players to play the passing/retention game you want. Just changing the CM(A) to a CM(D) should help massively there. I'd also question the makeup of your attack. You have an AP and F9 floating around in the same positions (and an AP(S) will more or less stay in the same part of the pitch with limited attacking choices) and your only real attack seems to be coming from your IF, who won't really drift inside until he has the ball.

i will of course take that into consideration but i actually have managed to get the ball the that particular area am i right? and if "be more expressive" causes a player, who received the ball in front of the post, to make an stupid back pass instead of hitting the ball home, WHY did you put it there?

i will of course take that into consideration but i actually have managed to get the ball the that particular area am i right? and if "be more expressive" causes a player, who received the ball in front of the post, to make an stupid back pass instead of hitting the ball home, WHY did you put it there?

You should post about the back pass one in the bugs forum, it's very probably poor decision making.

Yes, the 32,000 people playing the game are wrong, but the hundred or so people ranting in here are clearly right.

Surely you know only a small portion of a games player base visit forums?

Just because they are playing, doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with the game. Hell I'm playing it right now, I'm one of those 32,000 online now.

Just because people are playing doesn't mean they think the game has no "game breaking" bugs.

The sheer amount of goals at corners/ awful AI is definitely game breaking imo. Those things have a huge effect on results.

Just because they are playing, doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with the game. Hell I'm playing it right now, I'm one of those 32,000 online now.

Just because people are playing doesn't mean they think the game has no "game breaking" bugs.

The sheer amount of goals at corners/ awful AI is definitely game breaking imo. Those things have a huge effect on results.

Have never said there is nothing wrong with the game. I'm simply combating the ridiculous claim that the game is unplayable.

What's awful about the AI?

Serious question, since at no point have I ever seen you put figures up: What is the sheer amount of corner goals? How many is too many, compared per game over a season, to real life? Because for you to say too many you'd have to know both numbers.

You should post about the back pass one in the bugs forum, it's very probably poor decision making.

a)i've done that "posting in bugs forums many times(as well as sending many PKM with specific explanations by minutes) concerning the same issues and none of them was fixed

b)06x7.jpg

the attributes of the said player so it's clearly not about decisions(assuming you were able to get that coding right since speed related attributes are practically irrelevant)

Yeah, you'll need to explain what that picture actually is.

he takes a shoot instead of trying to get nearer or driblle past the keeper

and what about this tactic and thank you again for making me play 2 games in 4 days but still it's better than 3 games in three days and also for excessive injuries i thank thee

jeku.jpg

and what about this tactic and thank you again for making me play 2 games in 4 days but still it's better than 3 games in three days and also for excessive injuries i thank thee

Its a clear tactic that I imagine will struggle against teams that park the bus and then counter to you death because you have no defensive shape whatsoever.

I expect you'll see several games a season where you dominate and then draw or lose because the opposition have scored on the counter or through a set piece.

Have never said there is nothing wrong with the game. I'm simply combating the ridiculous claim that the game is unplayable.

What's awful about the AI?

Players ignoring the opposition, making no attempt of tackling or closing down. Keeper ignoring instructions set, or then sometimes it actually listens, but at idiotic times when a defender is near two attackers.

Keeper beaten FAR too often at near post, keeper tends to dive on a headed back pass and it rolls into the goal. Defenders ignoring chasing a ball, leaving the attacker to get there is just a few.

There are many goals scored for a corner, that doesn't seem to get added to the statistic as well.

anybody noticed the problem with the time it takes to substitute your own players or tactics changes be made... sometimes, most of the time it takes like forever till changes get activated or substitutions take place... please SI do something about it. cause this can be a game killer if it takes around 10 minutes to see my tactical advice/change to be applied. i want to react as quick as possible to what's going on in the pitch. i experienced situations i wish i could react much quicker, but unfortunately it takes too long for my applied changes to be activated/recognized.

Because some players will hit shots no matter what. Does he have any PPMs that would point to that?

Really, if there are big issues that you think are bad, then raise them in the bugs forum, they're much more likely to get attention there.

I had to play 3 games in 5 days once. Then again, it was the Christmas season in the Premier League...

And @balldoktor: the changes take time because they wait for a lull in play to be applied, which is realistic. You can't sub a player mid-play, you have to wait for play to stop. Team instructions also take time to apply because its impossible IRL for a manager to relay key instructional and sometimes formation changes while the ball is in play. Again, he'll have to talk to maybe one or two of his players who are near to the touchline, relay it to a sub coming in or yell it out at his captain/nearest players and wait for them to spread the word of it.

Mourinho used to give a player coming in some paper that then gets handed of to whoever needed the instruction relayed to as well.

And yes, sometimes it CAN take 10 minutes for this to happen, the ball may never go out of play, there's a series of continuous corners, your team has to defend a free kick that's taken quickly, etc.

The time for implementation is meant to simulate this. Its not a game killer, its simulation of real life limitations that a manager has.

why the hell would he shoot from all the way up from there especially when i selected shoot less often?

nx1n.jpg

The main reason is because he has no passing options.

You have a control team strategy which encourages players to get forward and get shots away reasonably quickly, looking at the pic the guy on the right is well marked and the three central players behind him are not passing options. That leaves the two players on the left, given more time they may have made runs which he could have found. Making it worse though is the "Exploit the middle" instruction which discourages passes out wide.

Because some players will hit shots no matter what. Does he have any PPMs that would point to that?

Really, if there are big issues that you think are bad, then raise them in the bugs forum, they're much more likely to get attention there.

he doesn't have any PPM tha would interfere (logically speaking) moves into channels,knock the ball past keeper(that never happened),likes to round the keeper(that never happened too) and tries first time shots and if PPMs rule the player then what's the point of attributes?

I had to play 3 games in 5 days once. Then again, it was the Christmas season in the Premier League...

And @balldoktor: the changes take time because they wait for a lull in play to be applied, which is realistic. You can't sub a player mid-play, you have to wait for play to stop. Team instructions also take time to apply because its impossible IRL for a manager to relay key instructional and sometimes formation changes while the ball is in play. Again, he'll have to talk to maybe one or two of his players who are near to the touchline, relay it to a sub coming in or yell it out at his captain/nearest players and wait for them to spread the word of it.

Mourinho used to give a player coming in some paper that then gets handed of to whoever needed the instruction relayed to as well.

And yes, sometimes it CAN take 10 minutes for this to happen, the ball may never go out of play, there's a series of continuous corners, your team has to defend a free kick that's taken quickly, etc.

The time for implementation is meant to simulate this. Its not a game killer, its simulation of real life limitations that a manager has.

ten minutes, sorry dude, never ever!!!!!

he doesn't have any PPM tha would interfere (logically speaking) moves into channels,knock the ball past keeper(that never happened),likes to round the keeper(that never happened too) and tries first time shots and if PPMs rule the player then what's the point of attributes?

Actually, ignore what I said, and look at what cougar said. That's the right answer, and explains it simply.

The main reason is because he has no passing options.

You have a control team strategy which encourages players to get forward and get shots away reasonably quickly, looking at the pic the guy on the right is well marked and the three central players behind him are not passing options. That leaves the two players on the left, given more time they may have made runs which he could have found. Making it worse though is the "Exploit the middle" instruction which discourages passes out wide.

that's because Ackter advised i should turn CM(A) into a CM(D) and i don't think Exploit the middle discourages passing wide since most of my attacks happens from wing no matter the instructions

that's because Ackter advised i should turn CM(A) into a CM(D) and i don't think Exploit the middle discourages passing wide since most of my attacks happens from wing no matter the instructions

The clue is in the phrase "Exploit the middle"

EDIT

Further to my earlier post, have you given much thought about how you want your team to defend? and how much thought have you given to how your team attacks? What happens when you win the ball? who is available for a pass? how do you transition the ball from defence to attack? who makes the runs? who provides the passes? who is available to take the shots? Who provides the width? Do your instructions help to follow that plan through?

jeku.jpg

2 games in 4 days is not unheard of, though if it's happening regularly then it's a problem.

2 games in 3 days, as far as I know, is always a problem.

Regarding the screen shot, I don't see that much of a problem with someone coming at the goal from an angle taking a long shot. His other options are try to take the ball more centrally, in which case the defender to his left comes into play, or rush at the keeper making the angle of the goal even smaller and harder to hit. It's something you see in football quite often.

6 injuries is not excessive. That's about average for a team at any given time. Excessive is 10+, and even that happens regularly in real life. The number of injuries, on average, in FM have always been at a slightly lower level than what happens in real life.

@balldoktor: I said 'can', I didn't say 'it'll take that long every time'. If you can provide sufficient data that yes this change does take up to or even more than 10 minutes in-game CONSISTENTLY, then you have a case to actually bring it up in the bugs forum as its a legitimate complaint.

Without data, it just looks like hyperbole.

why the hell would he shoot from all the way up from there especially when i selected shoot less often?

nx1n.jpg

What else is he going to do with that ball? All the other players on his team are being marked. It's a poor offensive shape limiting the options for him to take.

Archived