Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if it is constant, please post about it in the bugs forum as it's not something the majority are experiencing any more.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/376708-Reviewed-Quick-Full-Sim-Match-Engine-Coding-High-Scorelines

Has been reported, experiencing very very simmilar problems. Mostly in AI games. :)

On a slightly other note, I haven't won a simgle argument with a player on any of the patches. Where has the aggresive option gone?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/376708-Reviewed-Quick-Full-Sim-Match-Engine-Coding-High-Scorelines

Has been reported, experiencing very very simmilar problems. Mostly in AI games. :)

On a slightly other note, I haven't won a simgle argument with a player on any of the patches. Where has the aggresive option gone?

Game has been patched since you made that post.

Game has been patched since you made that post.

I understand that.

The reason I raised the issue again in this thread, is that I saw no evidence in a patch rectifying the situation in either the changelist, or my game. Also, I did not know that other people were not experiencing the problem 'constantly'.

I am aware the game has been patched, due to my praising (mostly) the patch on the previous page. :)

It would be useful for those who are complaining about lack of open play goals and too many corners to post their season stats....It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of the same stats from players thinking the ME is terrible and unfair. If they are significantly different, then we can surmise there is a tactical issue. If they are the same, then an issue of perspective and / or tolerance to bugs.

This isn't a complaint about the ME, just thought I would post some stats from my game on set pieces and goals from open play.

Past 10 games-

Goals from open play- 15

Goals from set pieces- 21

These are from my games only. I could look at a few AI games just to see whether if it's related to the ME or my tactics. Or it could be a freak 10 games where more goals are coming from set pieces.

I've played a few seasons now and not once have I seen a GK put the ball in their own net.

they are not own goals, but shots straight at the gk who parries it into his own net. there is definitely something wrong with GK reflexes and i do not have time to post it in the bugs forum.

they are not own goals, but shots straight at the gk who parries it into his own net. there is definitely something wrong with GK reflexes and i do not have time to post it in the bugs forum.

If you don't have time to raise it as a bug that's fine, just don't complain if it doesn't get fixed.

If you don't have time to raise it as a bug that's fine, just don't complain if it doesn't get fixed.

I already reported that bug and is now under review, at least this is what I hope. My concern is until there will be people who have a word with SI, stating every problem or issue encountered is related to the tactic rather than the engine, we won't see any huge step forward I'm afraid.

I understand that.

The reason I raised the issue again in this thread, is that I saw no evidence in a patch rectifying the situation in either the changelist, or my game. Also, I did not know that other people were not experiencing the problem 'constantly'.

I am aware the game has been patched, due to my praising (mostly) the patch on the previous page. :)

Ive experienced myself goals in excess too, almost sure I posted about it on bugs forum.

Now my numbers on argentinian second division:

Previous season (patch 1.1.14): 484 games 1607 goals = 3.478 goals per match

Current season in progress (patch 1.2) 253 games 949 goals = 3.750 goals per match

RL previous season = 2.044 goals per match

RL current season = 2.047 goals per match

Not gamebreaking by itself but far from real.

I alread reported that bug and is now under review, at least this is what I hope. My concern is until there will be people who have a word with SI, stating every problem or issue encountered is related to the tactic rather than the engine, we won't see any huge step forward I'm afraid.

Problem for me is i see so many people claiming the game is broken when in fact its actually a tactical problem that when a genuine problem does come along it's just seen as another general moan.

That's a general statement by the way and not aimed at your particular issue.

You can't be aggressive anymore. It's not politically correct.

Edit: I've just seen Rosicky score a goal on 1v1. Reality is so... real!

Depression.

and on the flipside if your defender had made a mistake like Rose you would be up in arms about how unrealistic it was and that defenders don't do that IRL :rolleyes:

EDIT

You also failed to mention at least three one on one chances that were missed!

I agree there is people complaining when actually there are holes in their tactics.

What it disturbes me e bit is addressing glitches or issues of the engine to tactical problems, just like,in example, about the Goalkeeper gifs mentioned above.

I see both of them on the same level: one side can't admit there is a problem with their tactic. The other side don't want to admit this engine needs to be greatly improved to be fully enjoyable.

and on the flipside if your defender had made a mistake like Rose you would be up in arms about how unrealistic it was and that defenders don't do that IRL :rolleyes:

EDIT

You also failed to mention at least three one on one chances that were missed!

My defenders do that a lot of times.. player like Marcelo in example. Not exactly a so and so like Rose is, with all respect.

And I would pay to see converted 1 every 3 1v1 created.

Ive experienced myself goals in excess too, almost sure I posted about it on bugs forum.

Now my numbers on argentinian second division:

Previous season (patch 1.1.14): 484 games 1607 goals = 3.478 goals per match

Current season in progress (patch 1.2) 253 games 949 goals = 3.750 goals per match

RL previous season = 2.044 goals per match

RL current season = 2.047 goals per match

Not gamebreaking by itself but far from real.

Bloody hell, these are no subtle differences!

Bloody hell, these are no subtle differences!

Where are the excessive goals coming from though? Set pieces? Because there are countless people moaning that their strikers do not score and long shots definitely seem less effective than reality. That's the kind of analysis that is missing. IMO it is set pieces, most of those 10 goal thrillers you see always seem to feature multiple goals from corners and loose balls in front of goal after a set piece. But I do not have any statistics to back this up and I'm not sure how one would go about obtaining it.

Where are the excessive goals coming from though? Set pieces? Because there are countless people moaning that their strikers do not score and long shots definitely seem less effective than reality. That's the kind of analysis that is missing. IMO it is set pieces, most of those 10 goal thrillers you see always seem to feature multiple goals from corners and loose balls in front of goal after a set piece. But I do not have any statistics to back this up and I'm not sure how one would go about obtaining it.

On my current season, out of 949 goals: (my team)

Penalty: 62 (3)

Corner: 145 (9)

IFK: 63 (0)

DFK 27 (3)

Total from set pieces: 297 (roughly 30% of 949)

Cant tell how many own goals, maybe thats where it goes from RL 2.04 to FM 3.6 :p

On my current season, out of 949 goals: (my team)

Penalty: 62 (3)

Corner: 145 (9)

IFK: 63 (0)

DFK 27 (3)

Total from set pieces: 297 (roughly 30% of 949)

Cant tell how many own goals, maybe thats where it goes from RL 2.04 to FM 3.6 :p

Yes, but are the scrambles after a set piece recorded as such or do they count as open play?

Unfortunatley, this is what's still happening in my game: http://postimg.org/image/ae31j4jwj/ - http://postimg.org/image/o6hgerao3/ on a regular basis. Reposted in bug thread.

Over 21 games thats an average of 3.10 goals per match, maybe a little on the high side but not massively.

On my save for the current season there have been 454 goals in 135 games (3.36 per game).

Compare that to the Premiership this season - 533 goals in 200 games (2.67 per game), La Liga 499 goals in 172 games (2.90 per game), Bundesliga 486 goals in 152 games (3.20 per game).

EDIT

Just for comparision Skrill North - 748 goals in 245 games (3.05 per game), Skrill South - 613 goals in 221 games (2.77 per game).

Over 21 games thats an average of 3.10 goals per match, maybe a little on the high side but not massively.

On my save for the current season there have been 454 goals in 135 games (3.36 per game).

Compare that to the Premiership this season - 533 goals in 200 games (2.67 per game), La Liga 499 goals in 172 games (2.90 per game), Bundesliga 486 goals in 152 games (3.20 per game).

Just to clarify, only the BSN league is 'active' IE being run on a full match engine. The South as a parallel division is just there for comparison! :) My problem with the difference in scorelines, is the fact that the top goalscorers in the South are typically getting 15-18 goals. Whereas in the North it's 30-40 goals. Surely this hinders player value, and stat progression due to affecting other variables? What am I supposed to do? Run every single league on a full match engine? I just watched an AI match finish 7-6.

EDIT

Just for comparision Skrill North - 748 goals in 245 games (3.05 per game), Skrill South - 613 goals in 221 games (2.77 per game).

Just for another comparision.

15 games played in both leagues. (North and South)

North 554 goals in 15 games. Average 36.9 per game weekends.

South 327 goals in 15 games. Average 21.8 goals per game weekends.

http://postimg.org/image/dye6v3zp5/

http://postimg.org/image/h6io85lyx/

The AI has to be fixed when set for goalkeeper to pass to the defence.

The sheer amount of goals conceded due to a defender or keeper screwing up is absolutely obscene.

Have you mentioned these instances in the Bugs Forum? I couldn't see your name in there, although I know the search function on the forum is a bit rubbish.

If an issue annoys you a lot, then mentioning it in here is OK, but isn't as effective as mentioning it (and supporting it with .pkm files) in the Bugs Forum.

Just noticed that theres a 14.2.1 update, does this include anything around the vast amount of corner goals, poor goalkeeping and amount own goals etc?

Changes are listed in the stickied thread at the top of the page in GD.

Changes are listed in the stickied thread at the top of the page in GD.

Thanks, just had a look though. Expected more than 6 fixes to be honest, pretty disappointed.

Not even going to bother updating it.

Thanks, just had a look though. Expected more than 6 fixes to be honest, pretty disappointed.

Not even going to bother updating it.

It was primarily a hotfix for the 'unemployed' bug (plus a couple of other things), there were no ME updates, primarily because there's nothing major in the ME needing updated urgently. It can wait till after the January data update, giving them time to give whatever needs fixing done properly.

It was primarily a hotfix for the 'unemployed' bug (plus a couple of other things), there were no ME updates, primarily because there's nothing major in the ME needing updated urgently. It can wait till after the January data update, giving them time to give whatever needs fixing done properly.

I think that is of personal opinion, as in my opinion, the "vast amount of corner goals, poor goalkeeping and amount own goals" I mentioned above are really frustrating, and in my opinion, needed addressing.

The AI has to be fixed when set for goalkeeper to pass to the defence.

The sheer amount of goals conceded due to a defender or keeper screwing up is absolutely obscene.

I'm finding this too. The frequency of errors is far too high. I had two in successive games with different keepers. Keeper passes to defender and striker intercepts poor pass. Keeper kicks ball he can catch straight into a defenders back leaving a simple tap in for opposition player.

According to..?

I mean... who are you to state that?

Edit: thx steve, beated...

I think that is of personal opinion, as in my opinion, the "vast amount of corner goals, poor goalkeeping and amount own goals" I mentioned above are really frustrating, and in my opinion, needed addressing.

Nail on head.

The three problems you have just listed, are in my opinion game breaking.

I'm finding this too. The frequency of errors is far too high. I had two in successive games with different keepers. Keeper passes to defender and striker intercepts poor pass. Keeper kicks ball he can catch straight into a defenders back leaving a simple tap in for opposition player.

Totally agree, this is what I include with "poor goalkeeping" that I stated above.

Also, the animation where a goalkeeper saves a free kick that is shot directly at them, they push the ball up, don't react, then an opposition player heads in the rebound from under the bar. Happens far too often.

I agree.

Shame it takes months after the release date to get a playable game.

True, I'd expect the next patch to be the January transfer update too, which usually gets released about end of Feb/March. Far too long to have to wait.

Have you mentioned these instances in the Bugs Forum? I couldn't see your name in there, although I know the search function on the forum is a bit rubbish.

If an issue annoys you a lot, then mentioning it in here is OK, but isn't as effective as mentioning it (and supporting it with .pkm files) in the Bugs Forum.

Honestly, asking for .pkms about something many people complained about is kinda insulting.

It makes me wonder if anyone there on the testing staff is actually playing this game cause hes not talking about some isolated issue showing on extreme situations, hes just writing about something happening every few games.

Sincerly, I would expect from SI to take feedback and criticism not as an acussation but as some people pointing at some issues, and then YOU on your test time try and look at it.

Same thing happened with the player instructions being messed up when switching tactics. I can hardly believe no tester noticed it. And the list goes on and on. Morale, Team talks, Assman advice, etc.

The game is unplayable? No. Is it rubbish and unpolished? Yes.

Sometimes I feel like playing some beta :(

Honestly, asking for .pkms about something many people complained about is kinda insulting.

It makes me wonder if anyone there on the testing staff is actually playing this game cause hes not talking about some isolated issue showing on extreme situations, hes just writing about something happening every few games.

Sincerly, I would expect from SI to take feedback and criticism not as an acussation but as some people pointing at some issues, and then YOU on your test time try and look at it.

Same thing happened with the player instructions being messed up when switching tactics. I can hardly believe no tester noticed it. And the list goes on and on. Morale, Team talks, Assman advice, etc.

The game is unplayable? No. Is it rubbish and unpolished? Yes.

Sometimes I feel like playing some beta :(

Testers see literally hundreds and hundreds of things, but they can only spot so much, and have so much time, and limited number of testers means a limited number of scenarios, nothing like the number of various scenarios that can occur when released. And if they cant reproduce something they can't fix it. For example the tactics thing, only happens in certain situations, and in fact they originally couldn't reproduce it at first. A pkm is what they need to actually determine what kind of issue something is. If you dont want to send one in that is your choice, but if the same thing occurs because it couldnt be reproduced and you didnt send in the relevant piece they could use and it happened again, surely that would be worse than taking the 5 minutes to upload it. After all its more useful ( and quicker) than repeatedly posting the same thing on a forum.

Interestingly you list a number of things, but go into zero detail. Now what would you expect them to do with that?

Testers see literally hundreds and hundreds of things, but they can only spot so much, and have so much time, and limited number of testers means a limited number of scenarios, nothing like the number of various scenarios that can occur when released. And if they cant reproduce something they can't fix it. For example the tactics thing, only happens in certain situations, and in fact they originally couldn't reproduce it at first. A pkm is what they need to actually determine what kind of issue something is. If you dont want to send one in that is your choice, but if the same thing occurs because it couldnt be reproduced and you didnt send in the relevant piece they could use and it happened again, surely that would be worse than taking the 5 minutes to upload it. After all its more useful ( and quicker) than repeatedly posting the same thing on a forum.

Interestingly you list a number of things, but go into zero detail. Now what would you expect them to do with that?

You mention testers and the lack of time they have. For FM15 would it not be a better idea if SI just concentrated on fixing the vast amount of bugs and woeful ME instead of adding "1000 new features"?

This way testers and SI have more time to wipe out any bugs/issues and we have a more polished version come release date.

If SI were to ask their customers, I'm sure the majority would want a more playable game than these new features that seem to do more harm than good.

I'm not the only one who is hacked off that we have to wait 6 months after the game's been released to get a polished version of FM.

You mention testers and the lack of time they have. For FM15 would it not be a better idea if SI just concentrated on fixing the vast amount of bugs and woeful ME instead of adding "1000 new features"?

This way testers and SI have more time to wipe out any bugs/issues and we have a more polished version come release date.

If SI were to ask their customers, I'm sure the majority would want a more playable game than these new features that seem to do more harm than good.

I'm not the only one who is hacked off that we have to wait 6 months after the game's been released to get a polished version of FM.

Testers only test. They dont get any saying in fixing or coding or the priority of what gets fixed.

And in terms of what people want, you can only really speak for yourself, as can I, and upto SI to balance demands.

Saying that, the speed at which the wishlist thread grows every year very much says otherwise.

Different teams work on different things, the ME team only work on the ME for example, so what else happens outside that isn't for them

I expect them to read the forums as I do and quoting myself: "Sincerly, I would expect from SI to take feedback and criticism not as an acussation but as some people pointing at some issues, and then YOU on your test time try and look at it."

I´ve read all this thread, day by day, wrote about 2 or 3 specific issues, but shared the same feelings and experiences of about 10 other issues posted here but havent written about it. It takes time and effort to me to try and explain myself on english but everyday I read others complaining about different issues I may have, then being banged about tactics, pkms or whatsoever.

This game is fantastic, the whole serie is. One of the most complex and open to different aproaches games out there.

It has one of the most cultured and respectful forums, many of us spend equal time playing as reading the forums.

Then you would do well, having such fanbase, to listen to them and act accordingly.

Like someone wrote uphere "the vast amount of corner goals, poor goalkeeping and amount own goals"

Thats something any tester cant miss... If they play the game as we do, not just reading whole stats.

You asked me for some details about 2 or 3 things I pointed out. You can read about it and use the search button too, sure youre not gonna miss it.

Worst case I've ever had of corner goals.

All 6 of Blackburn's goals come from corners, 2 own goals, two tap ins from Rhodes after a corner fell in the 6 yard area, and two goals from centre backs.

11afrkp.png

Absolute joke.

And this isn't game breaking?

Saying one thing in favour of testers, if we found bugs doesn't mean they didn't. I'm sure testers listed a certain number of things not working, the load of this stuff is then convoyed to developers that give priorities.

There is part of the code that can be easily fixed, some other parts are difficult to balance instead and need more work and testing.

I expect them to read the forums as I do and quoting myself: "Sincerly, I would expect from SI to take feedback and criticism not as an acussation but as some people pointing at some issues, and then YOU on your test time try and look at it."

I´ve read all this thread, day by day, wrote about 2 or 3 specific issues, but shared the same feelings and experiences of about 10 other issues posted here but havent written about it. It takes time and effort to me to try and explain myself on english but everyday I read others complaining about different issues I may have, then being banged about tactics, pkms or whatsoever.

This game is fantastic, the whole serie is. One of the most complex and open to different aproaches games out there.

It has one of the most cultured and respectful forums, many of us spend equal time playing as reading the forums.

Then you would do well, having such fanbase, to listen to them and act accordingly.

Like someone wrote uphere "the vast amount of corner goals, poor goalkeeping and amount own goals"

Thats something any tester cant miss... If they play the game as we do, not just reading whole stats.

You asked me for some details about 2 or 3 things I pointed out. You can read about it and use the search button too, sure youre not gonna miss it.

I dont work for SI, so there is no point me searching for it. More to the point no one is going to search for it. That's why the bugs forum exists.

For example I know corners need to be worked on, but going off my save I could say there is no issue, because my figures aren't higher than real life, I can't say I've conceded many from buggy marking decisons etc, why is they ask for figures and PKMs, because as has been shown by those who have posted figures, they actually vary a lot.

The "vast" number of corner goals: A few questions

How many a season? how many in real life? is it too many goals? or too many corners in general? If too many goals, where are they being scored? if too many corners, how are they being conceded? That's just a few of the things that need to be answered, and since there are so many varying numbers, that's why you need different saves and pkms from different people.

Saying one thing in favour of testers, if we found bugs doesn't mean they didn't. I'm sure testers listed a certain number of things not working, the load of this stuff is then convoyed to developers that give priorities.

There is part of the code that can be easily fixed, some other parts are difficult to balance instead and need more work and testing.

Yup they get no say. And just because its not fixed, doesn't mean they missed it either. Bugs are done on priority and timescale among other things. Having tested other games before, still surprises me the amount of flank they get for things they often can't control, and actually how little people know about what they do.

Worst case I've ever had of corner goals.

All 6 of Blackburn's goals come from corners, 2 own goals, two tap ins from Rhodes after a corner fell in the 6 yard area, and two goals from centre backs.

11afrkp.png

Absolute joke.

And this isn't game breaking?

See, rather than the screenshot, post the PKM of the match. they cant use the screenshot. The PKM however contains masses more info they can work with (should the corner have happened in the first place, is the marking not good enough etc etc)

Archived