Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

But in all these tactics even though they are different shapes and have different settings, the way you think about the game is still the same which might be the real underlining issue. Which means if you are thinking about things wrong then whatever you do will always yield similar results to what you experience regardless of team/save etc.

Open a thread in tactics forum and I'll be happy to help.

How do you assume its the same ? I'm managing a top team in the portuguese league and also a team in the portuguese lower league, the way I think the game has to be necessarily different or I wouldn't be successful in neither. Right ? :-)

A helpful hand is always great. You might have noticed that I posted a complete description of my tactic at the Tactics Forum on the thread about Guardiola's pressing system, it's the 98# post at the bottom of page one. Would you mind having a look and post your review ? Thank you.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody else having issues with player conditions? I've just started a game in the Hungarian 2nd division and am currently in preseason. What I'm finding is that in between matches my players condition isn't improving and is in fact usually dropping by 1-2% and this seems to be happening for teams across the league, not just my own. I've tried changing the team training and giving players rest time but nothing seems to improve their condition.

Ok but stil its strange that this happens with different teams with different tactics and it goes on match after match after match. If it would happen occasionaly with one team, I would think that I would have to change something in my tactic. Every match with two different teams ? I just think one word: ME

Why would you come to that conclusion?

More or less everybody is using the same ME and other people aren't having the same problem so the common factor in all your saves is you.

As I've said your % isn't massively low just slightly lower than the average I would suspect. To improve it you need to look at two areas either the players or the tactics.

These gifs are from the same game. What's wrong with my tactics now?

epWHNSv.gif

Goalkeeper claiming the ball as he goes back towards the byline and can't keep it in.

The graphics could certainly be improved and you might want to report it.

zmycfWF.gif

Don't see anything wrong with this one.

Defender & striker going for a 50/50 ball, defender gets a foot to it knocking it away slightly and the striker reacts quicker slotting it in.

uqHuPYH.gif

Seen it happen once in my save over three seasons, its basically a GK misjudgement.

Before it gets classed as a bug SI need to work out how often it is happening, rarely is fine though IMO.

Ok but stil its strange that this happens with different teams with different tactics and it goes on match after match after match. If it would happen occasionaly with one team, I would think that I would have to change something in my tactic. Every match with two different teams ? I just think one word: ME
I don't know... I'm getting on average around 13-14 shots a game. Of those, I usually have half (7) on target and a about a third (4-5) are long shots. I'm also averaging around 2-3 CCCs a match. I've scored a couple of 30-35 yard goals too.

Since you're in the Portuguese lower leagues and I am too, let me give you my stats so far for the season.

9 matches played (7 league and 2 cup)

21 goals from 96 attempts

46 shots on target from 96 attempts

I've had one player who wasted long shots (and put it way wide) so I set him to shoot less. That's all I've done. Maybe take a look at why your shots are going wide? As was suggested, maybe they were off-balance or rushed shot?s

Guest El Payaso

Has anyone else noticed some strange movement from players especially when defending? It often seems that my central midfielders are holding hands in the middle of the park when they should be much more separated, I've also seen my box to box midfielder going to have a chat with opposition's centre backs while the opponents are having a long attack and retaining possession, also it often seems that my anchor man is the most active closing down player even though he's been instructed to close down less and those other midfielders are instructed to close down more. Also I don't want my centre backs to be closing down winger down the flank, especially when my full-back already is there, centre backs together are too bad at dealing with crosses and it does get even worse when one of the centre backs is there doing a job that he isn't instructed to do. And generally defending does need a big imrovement, I'm really scoring cheap goals as 4-5 defending players don't seem to be able to stop one attacking player, not able to mark or even close down his shot.

Since you're in the Portuguese lower leagues and I am too, let me give you my stats so far for the season.

9 matches played (7 league and 2 cup)

21 goals from 96 attempts

46 shots on target from 96 attempts

I've had one player who wasted long shots (and put it way wide) so I set him to shoot less. That's all I've done. Maybe take a look at why your shots are going wide? As was suggested, maybe they were off-balance or rushed shot?s

Let me give mine in the lower league :-)

17 matches played (league and 3 cup)

37 goals from 228 attempts

95 shots on target from 228 attempts

Just scoring and shooting on target 1/3 of attempts... scoring is even worse, long shots are indeed very low

In the first league with FC Porto

17 matches (10 league, 2 cup, 5 champions league)

50 goals from 343 attempts

120 shots on target from 343 attempts

The same 1/3 pattern, the same lower numbers scoring... different teams, different tactics, different philosophy, same lower long shots.

Seen it happen once in my save over three seasons, its basically a GK misjudgement.

Before it gets classed as a bug SI need to work out how often it is happening, rarely is fine though IMO.

As always with things like these, if the GK had a drop in rating from being credited with a mistake leading to goal it's just a player messing up coupled with a poor animation. If not, it's a ME bug and needs to be reported.

Just scoring and shooting on target 1/3 of attempts... scoring is even worse, long shots are indeed very low

The same 1/3 pattern, the same lower numbers scoring... different teams, different tactics, different philosophy, same lower long shots.

It's not that bad. According to wwfan, goals to attempt ratio is between 1:5 to 1:13. Yours is at 1:6 and 1:7, if I'm not mistaken.

Shots on target is 1:2.4 and 1:2.8, which isn't horrible but could be better. Maybe have a look at who is wasting them and from what range? See if there's anything you can do like giving him a player instruction or maybe even a different role. Maybe the player wasting shots and hitting them wide doesn't have any options but to shoot?

Not really the same pattern is it.

In your lower league you have got 42% on target (95 from 228) whereas for Porto you have 35% on target, significantly lower.

Also looking at your shots per game: Lower league 13.41 shots per match, Porto 20.18 per match its easy to see where your issue is. Porto are a big team so you are coming up against teams that play defensive against you. I would guess you are playing a fairly attacking tactic from the amount of shots leading to a much lower ratio of good chances.

A fairly common issue which is seen on the forums, you need to work possession more as Porto and learn how to drag defences out of shape to make space to create good chances.

It's not that bad. According to wwfan, goals to attempt ratio is between 1:5 to 1:13. Yours is at 1:6 and 1:7, if I'm not mistaken.

Shots on target is 1:2.4 and 1:2.8, which isn't horrible but could be better. Maybe have a look at who is wasting them and from what range? See if there's anything you can do like giving him a player instruction or maybe even a different role. Maybe the player wasting shots and hitting them wide doesn't have any options but to shoot?

I'm thinking that these would be acceptable numbers if long shots were high but they are not. Then I think it's a little bit odd beating Dortmund 3-1 and other strong steams and when playing against very weaker teams I have the same 3-1, maybe just maybe a 3-0.

You created a thread, no need to keep on about this in here now please use the thread you created. I've done a detailed reply and shown you why you have the numbers you have :)

I'm thinking that these would be acceptable numbers if long shots were high but they are not. Then I think it's a little bit odd beating Dortmund 3-1 and other strong steams and when playing against very weaker teams I have the same 3-1, maybe just maybe a 3-0.

If you're using the same tactic against strong and weak opponents, that might be why.

Not really the same pattern is it.

In your lower league you have got 42% on target (95 from 228) whereas for Porto you have 35% on target, significantly lower.

Also looking at your shots per game: Lower league 13.41 shots per match, Porto 20.18 per match its easy to see where your issue is. Porto are a big team so you are coming up against teams that play defensive against you. I would guess you are playing a fairly attacking tactic from the amount of shots leading to a much lower ratio of good chances.

A fairly common issue which is seen on the forums, you need to work possession more as Porto and learn how to drag defences out of shape to make space to create good chances.

Work possession more ? lool I'm having 70% possession with Porto, do you think it needs more work ?

Work possession more ? lool I'm having 70% possession with Porto, do you think it needs more work ?

Go read the advice I gave you, you've got your approach and set up completely wrong and are using the possession wrong. Getting possession is easy, using the possession well and in a threatening manner is totally different.

I wish people would stop obsessing about possession. The important part was the second half of Cougar's sentence.

"A fairly common issue which is seen on the forums, you need to work possession more as Porto and learn how to drag defences out of shape to make space to create good chances. "

Goalkeeper claiming the ball as he goes back towards the byline and can't keep it in.

The graphics could certainly be improved and you might want to report it.

Don't see anything wrong with this one.

Defender & striker going for a 50/50 ball, defender gets a foot to it knocking it away slightly and the striker reacts quicker slotting it in.

Oh yes, I forgot to include this one:

g48ycMy.gif

Is this one also a graphical + GK misjudgment + nothing wrong with it combo or do you have some pride to admit that the current ME, and with it the game itself, are broken?

g48ycMy.gif

Is this one also a graphical + GK misjudgment + nothing wrong with it combo or do you have some pride to admit that the current ME, and with it the game itself, are broken?

If you think it is a bug, post a .pkm in the Bugs Forum.

That isn't a ME issue at all in my opinion.

The game isn't broken, sure it has some issues most of which are fairly minor.

I do wonder if people like you have ever really watched a football match in your life as you seem to have this idealistic impression of what happens which is nothing like the real thing.

:cool:

This one is worse. He actually punches it in the net!

That last gif isn't even an animation glitch imo. The keeper misjudges the flight of the ball and is expecting it to go out, it hits the post and then whacks him on the back of the head/hand too quickly for him to properly react. What is supposed to be so wrong with that :confused:

Snipped the rest of your post as the sarkiness is simply not needed.

I just went through the rules and did not find anything about sarcasm being treated as spam. I request my original post to be edited and posted the way I wrote it.

The game isn't broken, sure it has some issues most of which are fairly minor.

I do wonder if people like you have ever really watched a football match in your life as you seem to have this idealistic impression of what happens which is nothing like the real thing.

I am not a unrealistic person and I know everyone makes mistakes. However, some mistakes are more likely to happen and some aren't. You cannot tell me that at least three gifs I posted are everyday situations in football.

I am not a unrealistic person and I know everyone makes mistakes. However, some mistakes are more likely to happen and some aren't. You cannot tell me that at least three gifs I posted are everyday situations in football.

The second gif is an everyday situation, the other two were more much less likely to occur but then how often have they happened in your save?

I've seen the 3rd one once in three seasons thats once in three years IRL, you just have to search you tube for thousands of clips of errors/mistakes etc.

The animation could show it more clearly.

I don't know, maybe. Can't tell from the gif as it's not that detailed. but surely it is rather clear what happened there?

I mean, the one last page where he jumps under a ball from the opposing keepers long kick - that one you can look from either perspective. You could see how it can be a genuine mistake but at the same time it looks very unnatural as well. But that last one looks just fine to me.

This one is worse. He actually punches it in the net!

That last gif isn't even an animation glitch imo. The keeper misjudges the flight of the ball and is expecting it to go out, it hits the post and then whacks him on the back of the head/hand too quickly for him to properly react. What is supposed to be so wrong with that :confused:

The animation could show it more clearly.

I think from that angle it would be very unlikely to occur IRL.

I would guess its a knock on effect from the woodwork hits being too high. Less woodwork = less chance of balls rebounding off GKs/defenders into the net.

I don't know, maybe. Can't tell from the gif as it's not that detailed. but surely it is rather clear what happened there?

I mean, the one last page where he jumps under a ball from the opposing keepers long kick - that one you can look from either perspective. You could see how it can be a genuine mistake but at the same time it looks very unnatural as well. But that last one looks just fine to me.

Wonder if the commentary mentioned it as well?

It's probably "he's put it into the back of his own net" or something equally generic.

I think from that angle it would be very unlikely to occur IRL.

I would guess its a knock on effect from the woodwork hits being too high. Less woodwork = less chance of balls rebounding off GKs/defenders into the net.

Yeah, but it's the first time I've seen something like that in FM as well (I mean the angle) so I'd say it's equally unlikely in the game.

The woodwork issue is valid of course.

The one where he jumped under a ball, that would have to be marked as a mistake by the keeper in game, if not i'd personally raise it; but can't see much wrong with the last one, though interesting point re: woodwork from Cougar.

my Feedbacks are (Definition for feedback : feedback is customer complain say something u have to read them and feel their anger and happiness of your product)

and i'm not asking you overly optimistic fanboy to judge that i'm bad manager cause you have stupid tactic you dont how to play !!! i read enough of this in this thread it is your business to read it and acknowledge this feedback

you guy Developer have to admit that this FM14 have a lot of problems (too much), but well good work for new ideas but worse when you product is too bad too much issues going on

i pay for games because i want to be happy customer not tester for bug and issues :) .........!!(if some is okay but not too much like this,)

Hope you are Fixing and Improving ME logic and get some bugs done sooon Cheers !! :D

14.2.1 resting player bug i'm not post anything cause in bug room already have it..

dont ban me again last time i misused my F word:)

( I love FM and u guy SI keep it up!! ) stop fix FM14 and go develop really good product in FM15 :D hahaha !!!!!!!!!!

Reported numerous times. Can something PLEASE be done about constant 5-4 scorelines from both human controlled and AI vs AI teams. So unrealistic for someone who loves defence.

It might have been an issue in earlier patches but it certainly isn't constant now.

Archived