Sports Interactive Community
Stuart Warren

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

"Quite honestly IMO" there should be a point "E"

E) Those that just are not finding the game fun anymore although their own expectations & preconceptions have not changed at all - and that is the fault of the game. Do you really, really think we spend £30-£45 on the game just to whinge about it - we could have done that without buying the game. This King Canute attitude of some FM14 (& 13) supporters will not save the brand, a quality release that works as it should by Xmas just might (maybe FM15?, well I wont be buying it). Meanwhile every record breaking total sales figure is just more and more people having their last chance, or maybe even first chance of playing the game which seems likely to be a very unrewarding experience.

Yes thinking about it there is a point "E" which you touch upon.

Those that think that FM is the game they want to play but it doesn't match their expectations for a variety of reasons. Its too in depth for the type of game they want to play, its too slow in terms of gameplay, takes too much of what freetime they have, it takes more effort than they want to put in during their freetime.

As we get older our priorities in life change and we tend to get less freetime to spend gaming/reading/watching TV etc. We've all picked up a book/game/film/TV show that we think we would enjoy only to find we don't. FM isn't for everyone and not everyone who wants to manage a football club enjoys FM. FM isn't going to mould to what you want so as an individual you need to decide if its the game you want to play.

What doesn't work about set piece instructions???

I have individual setting for all my players and they all follow them.

EDIT

Thats not saying there isn't a problem with set pieces, far too many corners drift out of play and I expect it will be tweaked but thats not the instructions.

Short or quick throw-ins are not working, GK distribution to a specific player not working, random corners and random free kicks.

It has been reported by many people almost Immediately after 14.2.0 came out!

In that case I assume you have to wait for a ME patch, since this hotfix is not related to the ME at all.

Short or quick throw-ins are not working, GK distribution to a specific player not working, random corners and random free kicks.

Never looked at throw ins so can't comment on them, mine are left on default and seem to be realistic.

GK distribution is partly tactical (Pass too risky compared to mentality, player not available) I believe although I think there was a bug reported in a previous patch. Haven't really looked too much at distribution tbh as I'm playing lower league and not looking for my GK to short pass.

Random corners? random freekicks? can you be more specific? I use mixed delivery but even selecting far post or near post I don't believe that every corner your team wins should be delivered in that fashion its more of a tendency to encourage a higher % into that area than average.

Just to be clear, there are no Match Engine changes with this hotfix. We are working on ME improvements constantly, but any possible changes require significantly more testing. This is to ensure that we are improving any out-standing issues rather than making them worse and also making certain we are not creating any new problems in the process. Please bear with us :)

I was looking at my goals scored for this season (thru the end of January) and saw these numbers:

http://puu.sh/66OiA.png

It really makes me wonder if the issues people (myself included) are seeing with 1-on-1s is due to the strikers who primarily do power shots rather than placed shots. Only about half my strikers have a finishing-related PPM atm, but the ones that do have Placed Shots. It just seems weird that number would be skewed quite so heavily.

As a workaround, distribute to defenders works fine. There's a bug with distributing to specific players. Hope it helps a little :)

Well sure. Throw-ins and GK distribution are known issues.

I set corners on near and far post, but I occasionally see the ball kicked in the center box, far post instead of near and vice-versa and so on. I stand the point of accuracy, but the not-accuracy is predominant. Same for free kicks.

I might misjudge inaccuracy for a not proper following of instructions (brr... awful english. Apologies). Really bad stuff though.

As a workaround, distribute to defenders works fine. There's a bug with distributing to specific players. Hope it helps a little :)

Yeah in fact this is the way I'm playing now. But this is not the way I want to play.

I set corners on near and far post, but I occasionally see the ball kicked in the center box, far post instead of near and vice-versa and so on.

It's not an on/off switch. When you set up that instruction, your players on the whole will attempt to do that sort of corner more often than not. Players can under or overhit corners just as they can do passes and shots.

Im starting a new save, and when I go to the first meeting on day one I am unable to click on any option to keep moving on in the meeting. I can go to the next day, check tactics and all, but I can not communicate with the board or attend meetings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but didn't solve my problem...

I set corners on near and far post, but I occasionally see the ball kicked in the center box, far post instead of near and vice-versa and so on. I stand the point of accuracy, but the not-accuracy is predominant. Same for free kicks.

I might misjudge inaccuracy for a not proper following of instructions. Really bad stuff though.

So breaking it down you have two possible issues with corners/freekicks.

A) First is the instruction to deliver to near or far post. I don't believe this is or should be a black or white instruction, if you select near post not every corner should be hit near post just more than average IMO. You are in effect encouraging your team to hit near post corners rather than telling them to.

B) Second is the issue of accuracy, I think we've seen in the past that corners/freekicks have been too accurately delivered and SI have toned it down which may have had a knock on effect in terms of trying to follow your instruction.

I don't know if SI keeps stats on that sort of thing but if you think there is an issue you would need to provide some sort of evidence of it.

Yes thinking about it there is a point "E" which you touch upon.

Those that think that FM is the game they want to play but it doesn't match their expectations for a variety of reasons. Its too in depth for the type of game they want to play, its too slow in terms of gameplay, takes too much of what freetime they have, it takes more effort than they want to put in during their freetime.

As we get older our priorities in life change and we tend to get less freetime to spend gaming/reading/watching TV etc. We've all picked up a book/game/film/TV show that we think we would enjoy only to find we don't. FM isn't for everyone and not everyone who wants to manage a football club enjoys FM. FM isn't going to mould to what you want so as an individual you need to decide if its the game you want to play.

Exactly, probably a Marketing oversight by SI. they think they will gain more new players by adding faff (more media interview options etc), a new and improved (half finished) ME, etc all of which complicates the product to the point that with fixes it is only "finished" 6 months after release, than they will lose to the older brigade losing faith. Not to mention that FMC countered all the points in your last post as reasons why I would stop playing, but the intolerable Ass Man subbing bug ruined any enjoyment and my only serious save game. The inertia in Sales of being the market leader and probably only game of its type now will slow with the issues experienced here, mark my words, so fewer new players and more retiring FM'ers will have one inevitable outcome. I seriously see if one or 2 more releases follow this pattern that a large percentage of gameplayers will lose faith in new releases though maybe still playing earlier versions instead - probably SI's biggest nightmare. We all love FM, just not the latest version(s).

So breaking it down you have two possible issues with corners/freekicks.

A) First is the instruction to deliver to near or far post. I don't believe this is or should be a black or white instruction, if you select near post not every corner should be hit near post just more than average IMO. You are in effect encouraging your team to hit near post corners rather than telling them to.

B) Second is the issue of accuracy, I think we've seen in the past that corners/freekicks have been too accurately delivered and SI have toned it down which may have had a knock on effect in terms of trying to follow your instruction.

I don't know if SI keeps stats on that sort of thing but if you think there is an issue you would need to provide some sort of evidence of it.

This is what I said. Inaccuracy is predominant, even when your corner/free kick taker has 16+ in one/both of those attributes (Pirlo?). I understand and agree your point of views and I accept I can't expect for an accuracy of 100%, not even 90% or 80% maybe.

But sometimes it seems to me you want to force people thinking the engine is near to be perfect and if something doesn't seem to work properly, it must be tactical for sure.

So I take a balance, I put on a side all the people moaning for the engine even when it's clearly a tactical issue, and I put on the other side users like you, debating it's always a tactical issue even when it's clearly an engine failure. And try to guess: the balance is perfectly even :)

Don't take this comment badly, it's just something that needs to be fine tuned, but throw-ins and GK distribution are supposed to be working since the release date. No way I have to work around to minimize this problem. I'm enjoying the game a lot, but this is shaming really.

I was looking at my goals scored for this season (thru the end of January) and saw these numbers:

http://puu.sh/66OiA.png

It really makes me wonder if the issues people (myself included) are seeing with 1-on-1s is due to the strikers who primarily do power shots rather than placed shots. Only about half my strikers have a finishing-related PPM atm, but the ones that do have Placed Shots. It just seems weird that number would be skewed quite so heavily.

Intresting Stats there! Will be definetly favouring Placed shots from now on!

Just to be clear, there are no Match Engine changes with this hotfix. We are working on ME improvements constantly, but any possible changes require significantly more testing. This is to ensure that we are improving any out-standing issues rather than making them worse and also making certain we are not creating any new problems in the process. Please bear with us :)

Thank you!:)

damn, i've raised two bugs, and NONE got fixed, and also there are tons of complaints about the 14.2 engine and also no fix at all.

very disappointed :(

When I got to start a new game It says version 14.0.0 but in the bottom right corner of the start screen it says 14.2.1. Does this mean the games I load are 14.0.0 or 14.2.1?

When I got to start a new game It says version 14.0.0 but in the bottom right corner of the start screen it says 14.2.1. Does this mean the games I load are 14.0.0 or 14.2.1?
The database version is still the same at 14.0.0 because there were no changes made. 14.2.1 at the bottom right is the game version, so you're up to date :thup:

damn, i've raised two bugs, and NONE got fixed, and also there are tons of complaints about the 14.2 engine and also no fix at all.very disappointed :(
Bear in mind due to time constraints not all bugs can be addressed in what has been a limited time frame. Also any match engine changes do take a while to implement and even longer to test - nothing in the match engine is black and white. We understand there will always be issues some view as a higher importance than others, however we felt the ones addressed in this update were safe enough to fix (without having knock-ons elsewhere) and important enough to be addressed so soon after 14.2.Thanks.

Come on guys, still no fix for the lousy keepers yet? They save top corner shots and next minute concede a goal from a shot that goes straight through them ..........

Yeah the goalkeeping is poor in this game, I almost lost my job because of one of the worst things I've seen in FM the other day. Just a routine overhit pass up field from the opposition, that that just trickled its way to my goalie for a routine collect. Yet my goalie for no reason whatsoever decided to dive for the slow moving ball and almost in slow motion, it bounced over him and into the goal, stunned. Thankfully, we equalised a got away with a draw, but I think if we hadn't, I would have been sacked.

OMG the latest patch of the patch has made the ME even worse! I am dominating every match having 3 and 4 clear cut chances and losing 3-1 and 2-1 every game normally with my goalkeeper making an absolute howler for one goal and the opposition scoring from a corner! Normally there only 2 shots of the god damned game!

What the hell is going on here as from the change list I cant see any ME changes!

Before this latest patch everything was looking okay, some dodgyness occasionally but not, oh my Keeper has f'd up 5 games in a row bad! He's the current Icelandic international keeper too, I am playing in the Icelandic prem.

OMG the latest patch of the patch has made the ME even worse! I am dominating every match having 3 and 4 clear cut chances and losing 3-1 and 2-1 every game normally with my goalkeeper making an absolute howler for one goal and the opposition scoring from a corner! Normally there only 2 shots of the god damned game!

What the hell is going on here!

The latest patch as in 14.2.0 or do you mean 14.2.1 that came out today?

Bear in mind due to time constraints not all bugs can be addressed in what has been a limited time frame. Also any match engine changes do take a while to implement and even longer to test - nothing in the match engine is black and white. We understand there will always be issues some view as a higher importance than others, however we felt the ones addressed in this update were safe enough to fix (without having knock-ons elsewhere) and important enough to be addressed so soon after 14.2.Thanks.

Thank you, I hope that the next patch will come out soon :)

The latest patch as in 14.2.0 or do you mean 14.2.1 that came out today?

The latest one that came out today. Sorry read my edited post I hit send before I had finished typing!

What the hell is going on here as from the change list I cant see any ME changes!

Before this latest patch everything was looking okay, some dodgyness occasionally but not, oh my Keeper has f'd up 5 games in a row bad! He's the current Icelandic international keeper too, I am playing in the Icelandic prem.

Priceless.

The latest one that came out today. Sorry read my edited post I hit send before I had finished typing!

There were no ME changes in today's patch :)

There were no ME changes in todays patch.....

There were no ME changes in todays patch.....

Yeah I realise that. It seems the patch saved all it's crappyness up for the last 5 games of the season and the title run in. Fylkir a team I bet 8-2 previously beat me 2-1 at home with two keeping howlers, one he literally just ran past the ball.

Yeah the goalkeeping is poor in this game, I almost lost my job because of one of the worst things I've seen in FM the other day.

Whilst it's frustrating to see an animation glitch cost you a goal, if that's indeed what it was, I'd respectfully suggest failure to win your previous matches was probably a more legitimate reason for you almost getting fired.

I think that people with SI hard to work and we can expect a patch will be added soon :)!

Is the starting unemployed not been able to get a job bug fixed

Sort of.

At the start of the game, go on holiday and choose to apply for jobs while you're away. That way you'll get offers. If you manually apply for them, it seems it's still as difficult to get an interview.

There's a thread stickied at the top GD and it is also mention in the first post and in the bugs forum.

Just go on holiday and apply for any jobs.

No. of injuries has even reduced?

If SI were ever to alter the amount of injuries to a realistic level across the game, they'd need to increase them, so good luck hoping for that.

No. of injuries has even reduced? What about "giving rest" bug?

Amount of injuries are already less than real life, so no.

You're going to have to give more detail on the "giving rest" bug, but no.

There is a change list. It lists the changes.

EDIT: Dave stop beating me to the punch!

Information still doesn't match up so that's obviously not been fixed.

Case in point. Stockport v Workington

I win 1-0, I had ONE shot on goal, ONE on target. That one shot was a goal (dur)

Media report afterwards?

"Lucky to win, Workington had SEVERAL clear cut chances but failed to do diddly squat with them"

No, we didn't.

Point is, the info never matches up, it's just random. -_-

Ok, I just posted in bug forum how to reproduce “tactics switching” bug. It takes no more than 30 second to catch it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380469-14.2.1-How-to-reproduce-“Tactics-switching”-bug.

Lack of fix for this is really disappointing, this is fundamental to the game really.

I mean the issue at the moment is like you can have 3 different starting tactics, as long as they're all the same formation.

Lack of fix for this is really disappointing, this is fundamental to the game really.

Most scary thing is that almost no one is complaining -))) Have people stopped switch between tactics? -)) Or they just don’t tweak individual players instruction? Because they don’t understand what they for? -))

Most scary thing is that almost no one is complaining -))) Have people stopped switch between tactics? -)) Or they just don’t tweak individual players instruction? Because they don’t understand what they for? -))

Perhaps a lot of users don't notice they've been changed when they switch.

I personally hardly ever use individual tactics, and I mostly play Classic anyway, where it's not an issue. But that sounds like something they really should have hotfixed by now.

The update, which is nothing serious changes. I wrote about the capacity of the stadium Korona Kielce (Poland league) .. unchanged. You can not send players to leave because the crash. The one and only game where the Prime Minister is in November, and the updates come out more than three months. When you publish a game where up to one fix help? Still every year, but you seem not completed the updates to the game

It's not just instructions though.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380269-14.2-Players-move-to-wrong-positions-when-switching-tactic

If your formation changes more dramatically like the above thread shows players change positions, as well as the individual instructions being screwed up.

If your formation changes more dramatically like the above thread shows players change positions, as well as the individual instructions being screwed up.

Yup, this is also extremely annoying but I accepted the situation when I must waste time on swapping players it’s lesser evil -))) *sigh* When I’m doing it always remember good time prior 14.2.0 when you could do all this by one click -))

is there any plan to fix tactic familiarity? it takes ages to get to decent levels.

just came home to find that my game that i was playing this morning is not there i saved the game before i left for work now its not there

just came home to find that my game that i was playing this morning is not there i saved the game before i left for work now its not there

Rather than selecting "Load Last Game", select "Load Game", and you should be able to find it.