Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Were it not for that sarcastic comment we wouldn't have had your reply which, I'm sure forameuss and his pikachu would agree, was brilliant :D

Tbf to him, it is a well known saying on this forum. "The patch will be ready when it's ready"

Brilliant? Probably a bit unhinged and slightly pathetic to me. Not really sure what was so sarcastic about it either. Each to their own.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest El Payaso
-too much off targets shots (normaly i have +- 25 shots and just 5 on target) (i dont have shoot on sight on)
The bigger problem in this is the fact that you're constantly creating huge amount of chances. Normally in a football game both teams get maybe like 10-15 efforts and both teams really are getting those even though one of the teams might win that same game 4-0. In FM it's been a problem for years that there are many games where one team tries to play and gets maybe ~40 shots and the other team does basically nothing in terms of trying to attack.

i've stop playing until the next patch, the match engine whilst not unplayable, its just too unrealistic and not enjoyable. Its probably the worst ME update since fm09. I say it every time but who tests the ME and gives it the go ahead because there are more flaws than the previous patch!?

The bigger problem in this is the fact that you're constantly creating huge amount of chances. Normally in a football game both teams get maybe like 10-15 efforts and both teams really are getting those even though one of the teams might win that same game 4-0. In FM it's been a problem for years that there are many games where one team tries to play and gets maybe ~40 shots and the other team does basically nothing in terms of trying to attack.

and that problem, in general (Aside from one of the FM14 patches) is significantly influenced by the user and the tactics they employ.

There is a section of the userbase that think direct, quick, attacking football is what is played at the top level IRL when in truth their tactics look more like lower league long ball football from the 1970s. Is this because their understanding of real life football is poor or is it that they are having trouble converting their ideas into FM tactics?

Personally I think there is a mix, certainly there are users who have a poor understanding of tactics but likewise there are users who have decent tactical knowledge but for whatever reason struggle to convert those ideas correctly into FM tactics.

As the discussion is around corners and shots atm I'll list some stats from my current save (Last 10 matches)

To give it context I was promoted last season into the top league in the country and was expected to fight relegation, I am over achieving a little and am currently battling for mid table with five matches to go in the season.

My Shots   Opp Shots  My Corners   Opp Corners
  13         9         6              5
  15        11        10              4
  25        16         6              8
  17         8         8              7
   9         6         2              6
  13        13         8              3
  13        17         6              9
  18        10         6              7
   8         8         4              6
   7        26         3             10

So in my last 10 matches I've averaged:

Shots by me: 13.8 per match

Shots by Opp: 12.4 per match

Corners for me: 5.9 per match

Corners for Opp: 6.5 per match

i've stop playing until the next patch, the match engine whilst not unplayable, its just too unrealistic and not enjoyable. Its probably the worst ME update since fm09. I say it every time but who tests the ME and gives it the go ahead because there are more flaws than the previous patch!?

After playing yet another match under the new update, I have to say I agree with you. I wish to God SI had left it at 14.1, at least most things worked then.

I have to be honest, I have been really dismayed by SI this year. It has really let its fanbase down in terms of its product. I hate doing this post because of what I will come across as (normally a child spitting his dummy out) but I have actually realised this is just SI/Mods/the Mod sheeps way of just sneering at this kind of posts. All the comments made about the ME are absolutely correct. It just has not been right this year and for a game which is now in its numerous patch that just is not good enough. I actually think you would be better off releasing the game in February/March. At least then that gives you more time to test the game and in particular the ME. I am really, really disappointed this year. I have had about 30 odd saves, god knows how many hours playing this game yet I have only got past March 2014 before packing in. All you need to know really. Please please please crack on with the next patch and this time make it right.

All the comments made about the ME are absolutely correct.

Except they're not. Some are, the constructive ones, of which there are plenty, but - brace yourselves - a lot of them are tactical issues. I can hear the snorts of derision already, but it wouldn't be said all the time if it wasn't true. The reports that end up in the ME bug forums with lots of supporting .pkm's, they're the ones that we really, really need. Ones that say simply something like "too many corners". That's not really correct, incorrect or anything.

I actually think you would be better off releasing the game in February/March. At least then that gives you more time to test the game and in particular the ME.

Except it wouldn't really. If they shifted the release schedule, then for the first year, you might get a better window, but then you go back to a yearly schedule, which is exactly what you have now. You also lose the impact of releasing around the beginning of a new season, as most major leagues would be way out of date. That's not that big an issue of course if it meant that more problems would be ironed out, but it's nowhere near as simple as that.

I have to be honest, I have been really dismayed by SI this year. It has really let its fanbase down in terms of its product. I hate doing this post because of what I will come across as (normally a child spitting his dummy out) but I have actually realised this is just SI/Mods/the Mod sheeps way of just sneering at this kind of posts. All the comments made about the ME are absolutely correct. It just has not been right this year and for a game which is now in its numerous patch that just is not good enough. I actually think you would be better off releasing the game in February/March. At least then that gives you more time to test the game and in particular the ME. I am really, really disappointed this year. I have had about 30 odd saves, god knows how many hours playing this game yet I have only got past March 2014 before packing in. All you need to know really. Please please please crack on with the next patch and this time make it right.

Nothing to add. :-)

Except they're not. Some are, the constructive ones, of which there are plenty, but - brace yourselves - a lot of them are tactical issues. .

That's true that a lot of them are related to tactics but on the other hand thanks to the latest update you can't, for example, negotiate the offers for players. And SI isn't able to fix it yet.

That's true that a lot of them are related to tactics but on the other hand thanks to the latest update you can't, for example, negotiate the offers for players. And SI isn't able to fix it yet.

Yeah, you're right, but the complaint was specifically about ME issues. They'll be working on all the bugs raised, and I imagine they'll be fixed come the next update.

are the early patches normally this buggy?

I have been playing this series for over a decade and can not recall a patch with as many bugs as this one.

In my 14.2 alone I have encountered the following:

-can not get a job when starting unemployed with a rep below 'international'

-your manager contract is not renewed regardless of how you perform.

-when resigning or being sacked you will never get a job again.

-player wages sometimes n/a despite them earning 50k+ a week

-can not make non-negotiable offers

-despite scouting players, no reports are found

-changing tactics seems to corrupt them, with player instructions seeming to switch randomly

That's without getting into the match engine and its 800 corners a game. A patch is normally released around March, right? Surely we will not have to wait that long as a lot of these are quite simply game breaking. I'd roll back the patch version in a heartbeat. This is a diabolical effort.

I agree completely about whats being said, strikers just do not score one on one chances and its painful to watch

Its nice to see other people have this problem too and not have all the loyalists saying "its your tactics"

It probably is the tactics, certain styles of play (eg. Where lots of chances occour one on one with the opposing gk) are not working correctly

I also see a high number of goals from "scrambles" around corners and set pieces etc and much lower amounts of goals from open play (again could be argued, its your tactics)

I dont see why the game was released if it wasnt working properly, its like not finishing building work off and saying oh well we will just let the people in because this was the release date

On a lighter note i think the idea of "dumbing down" the tactics (removal of sliders) was a good one as its much more realistic, but has not been implemented as well as it was intended.

I agree completely about whats being said, strikers just do not score one on one chances and its painful to watch

Its nice to see other people have this problem too and not have all the loyalists saying "its your tactics"

It probably is the tactics, certain styles of play (eg. Where lots of chances occour one on one with the opposing gk) are not working correctly

I also see a high number of goals from "scrambles" around corners and set pieces etc and much lower amounts of goals from open play (again could be argued, its your tactics)

I dont see why the game was released if it wasnt working properly, its like not finishing building work off and saying oh well we will just let the people in because this was the release date

On a lighter note i think the idea of "dumbing down" the tactics (removal of sliders) was a good one as its much more realistic, but has not been implemented as well as it was intended.

It's easy to say "my strikers don't score one on ones". Is the AI struggling to convert theirs too? Post some stats, then people will take you seriously.

Using metaphors, particularly ones as poor as this, never really works.

I do seem to be among a very small number of people posting on this forum who is actually enjoying the game and thinks the ME is actually pretty good... :)

That's because the majority who are happy with the game don't feel the need to come on here and brag about how well they're doing. People sign up to things to whinge, well I do anyway.

It's not that I mind the odd mistake here and there it's that it's happening far too frequently to me - and not to the AI. If it was evenly spread across both teams I wouldn't really be bothered about a mistake 1 in lets say 6 games, But it happens to me about 3/4 times in 6 games and 0 in 6 to the AI. There's one individual who keeps stating that 'the ME cannot tell the difference between user and AI' and I'm sorry that phrase is making me think the whole entire concept of what SI are saying and actually doing ARE wrong and they're just conning us out of our money.

The individuals who stick up for SI are forgetting that we have paid our good money for a number of years and currently the ME is letting it down big time. They should not have introduced something so 'buggy' if they cannot control it. Go back to playing without any ME like the good old Champ Man games then release a 2D version of it when it is 100% clean. As it is seeing the mistakes my players make on a consistent basis drives me insane, and from the sounds of it...I'm doing slightly better than the rest aswell so I dread to think what troubles they're having.

EDIT: and there was nothing fundamentally wrong with 14.1.4 so why they released a much poorer version in 14.2 so hastily after 14.1.4 I don't know...they obviously didn't test this latest one properly before release.

I dont see why the game was released if it wasnt working properly, .

And yet thousands and thousands play it every day. Not a single person I've spoken to outwith this forum has moaned about the game, they're all loving it. That tells its own story.

There are still a few issues of course, and the sensible posters who flag them up in the bugs forum with saved games and pkms are invaluable to the ongoing development of the game. People who moan about there being 'too many' of everything without a shred of evidence or people who call the game 'broken' or 'unplayable' because their downloaded tactic no longer works are a waste of space.

So there :p

These are the top scorers in my game 2015/16 season, which has been played under 14.2.

All of those scorers are either strikers or attacking midfielders, with the expection of Nemanja Vidic.

I would say though that some of the names up there are a little surprising.

One observation - the top 4 scorers have "places shots" as their preferred move. Could just be coincidence but it would be interesting to hear if this is the case with other people's saved games.

EnglishPremierDivision_StatsPlayer_zpsfba5309d.png

So, in your last five games you've had goals from corners, own goals, angled goals, and near post goals. Quite varied in such a small sample. Of the 16 goals scored in that sample, four were scored from corners. Too many? No. Of the 16 goals scored in that sample, two were own goals. Too many? No.

I think the most telling thing in the games you've posted is that you've drawn two and lost the other three. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you wouldn't even have posted had that been five victories.

And finally, if you don't know 'how to obtain league stats', how exactly did you quantify these instances being too many? Too many compared to what exactly?

Here comes the SI fanboy to the rescue. I'm also go out on a limb and say you're pretty much enjoying your game, if that's so I don't really understand what's your problem. Only a mentally challenged individual would say that is nothing wrong with way goals are scored after this patch. I mean, come on people, we are not freaking blind, it's a corner, or a near post goal, that's it, nothing more. Would you say Verratti' s 3 goals from corner in one match are okay? (he's 1.65 m)

I think most people like myself will leave this game until 14.3 is released. Its a shame as xmas meant a bit of free time. I have never seem the ME so bad as this. First touch on players like Hamsik and Pogba is horrendous. It is just no fun playing. I have bought this game religiously for years. I just wish SI would give the option to install and remove an update. 14.1.1.4 wasn't great but better than this.

To be honest, I can forgive ME problems, these are only slightly annoying.

My dissatisfaction stems from the, quite simply, game breaking bugs. SI have outdone themselves this year, with a bug that doesn't allow you to get a managerial job on a football manager game. This is some feat.

I'm not the only one suffering this by the way, the number of people encountering this bug is growing by the day. Some have played until 2016 only to discover that despite winning everything in existence they will not be offered a new deal, nor will they get a job with another club. Quite simply, if you added your manager with past experience below international, be wary.

That's because the majority who are happy with the game don't feel the need to come on here and brag about how well they're doing. People sign up to things to whinge, well I do anyway.

It's not that I mind the odd mistake here and there it's that it's happening far too frequently to me - and not to the AI. If it was evenly spread across both teams I wouldn't really be bothered about a mistake 1 in lets say 6 games, But it happens to me about 3/4 times in 6 games and 0 in 6 to the AI. There's one individual who keeps stating that 'the ME cannot tell the difference between user and AI' and I'm sorry that phrase is making me think the whole entire concept of what SI are saying and actually doing ARE wrong and they're just conning us out of our money.

The individuals who stick up for SI are forgetting that we have paid our good money for a number of years and currently the ME is letting it down big time. They should not have introduced something so 'buggy' if they cannot control it. Go back to playing without any ME like the good old Champ Man games then release a 2D version of it when it is 100% clean. As it is seeing the mistakes my players make on a consistent basis drives me insane, and from the sounds of it...I'm doing slightly better than the rest aswell so I dread to think what troubles they're having.

They keep stating it because its true. Whether you like the phrase or not is irrelevant tbh. As for bragging, Rowell has left arguably some of the most constructive and useful feedback on here, because he backs up each of his issues with stats and evidence, ideally everyone who thought they had an issue would do the, the game would be much better off for it.

Your side are making mistakes, and the AI isnt. That should be a big indicator to you.

If you think there were no issues in the old games you are looking at them with seriously rose tinted glasses.

And yet thousands and thousands play it every day. Not a single person I've spoken to outwith this forum has moaned about the game, they're all loving it. That tells its own story.

There are still a few issues of course, and the sensible posters who flag them up in the bugs forum with saved games and pkms are invaluable to the ongoing development of the game. People who moan about there being 'too many' of everything without a shred of evidence or people who call the game 'broken' or 'unplayable' because their downloaded tactic no longer works are a waste of space.

So there :p

I'm sorry.... but you must have a base of realistic statistics to compare it with. For example, you say there "I've spoken to outwith this forum''. Exactly how many have you spoken with? I'd imagine THAT would be an unquantifiable figure. You say they're all loving it. Is that their exact phrase? I'd love you to produce a real life stat for this. And surely you have this info to suggest such an issue in-game.

:brock:

Here comes the SI fanboy to the rescue. I'm also go out on a limb and say you're pretty much enjoying your game, if that's so I don't really understand what's your problem. Only a mentally challenged individual would say that is nothing wrong with way goals are scored after this patch. I mean, come on people, we are not freaking blind, it's a corner, or a near post goal, that's it, nothing more. Would you say Verratti' s 3 goals from corner in one match are okay? (he's 1.65 m)

Comparing him to someone mentally challenged. Stay classy.

They keep stating it because its true. Whether you like the phrase or not is irrelevant tbh. As for bragging, Rowell has left arguably some of the most constructive and useful feedback on here, because he backs up each of his issues with stats and evidence, ideally everyone who thought they had an issue would do the, the game would be much better off for it.

Your side are making mistakes, and the AI isnt. That should be a big indicator to you.

If you think there were no issues in the old games you are looking at them with seriously rose tinted glasses.

Because, quite frankly I cannot be bothered and should not have to do the hard work for someone AND pay them £30. Nor do I have the technological capabilities nor time to do this. I'm not saying their was no issues with the old versions I'm just stating that the game was still playable. I've been fine with this game up until the latest patch which has gone about 5 steps backwards.

I never mentioned bragging either. It's apparent that people aren't allowed to voice their opinion on here without being made to feel idiots for it. Hitler did something similar during his rise to power... :lol:

Because, quite frankly I cannot be bothered and should not have to do the hard work for someone AND pay them £30. Nor do I have the technological capabilities nor time to do this. I'm not saying their was no issues with the old versions I'm just stating that the game was still playable. I've been fine with this game up until the latest patch which has gone about 5 steps backwards.

I never mentioned bragging either. It's apparent that people aren't allowed to voice their opinion on here without being made to feel idiots for it. Hitler did something similar during his rise to power... :lol:

And this is where everything falls down. Two fantastic contributions - first having the sense of entitlement that moans about how terrible it is that bugs aren't fixed, then admits that he won't ever do any kind of reporting on said bugs because he "can't be bothered". Would it be alright if SI took the same attitude? We were going to fix that ME bug, but meh, can't be bothered. I'm sure you'll understand. Then you compare the entire situation to Nazi Germany. Well done. Really, well done.

These are the top scorers in my game 2015/16 season, which has been played under 14.2.

All of those scorers are either strikers or attacking midfielders, with the expection of Nemanja Vidic.

One observation - the top 4 scorers have "places shots" as their preferred move. Could just be coincidence but it would be interesting to hear if this is the case with other people's saved games.

That's quite an interesting observation. You're at least also posting screenshots/stats to back up what you're saying. Not that I'm calling you a liar ;)

I'm managing in the 2nd division in Uruguay (so hardly your level) and have only played 3 friendlies, but I've yet to see a corner goal, own goal or even a near post goal.

So you want them to deal with something that might not even be an actual issue, based on nothing? Good luck with that. Sorry but in the time taken for you to repeatedly post on this forum over the last week, you could have uploaded 5 or 6 pkms, pointing out the player mistakes and having them looked at to see if they were genuine issues. And I'm amazed you think its even remotely funny or appropriate to make a Hitler reference...

And this is where everything falls down. Two fantastic contributions - first having the sense of entitlement that moans about how terrible it is that bugs aren't fixed, then admits that he won't ever do any kind of reporting on said bugs because he "can't be bothered". Would it be alright if SI took the same attitude? We were going to fix that ME bug, but meh, can't be bothered. I'm sure you'll understand. Then you compare the entire situation to Nazi Germany. Well done. Really, well done.

No it wouldn't be alright if SI took the same attitude, because SI haven't paid me £30 to do their work for them.

A moderator or SI personnel better shut this fool up if the're wanting to keep up a decent customer care basis.

No it wouldn't be alright if SI took the same attitude, because SI haven't paid me £30 to do their work for them.

A moderator or SI personnel better shut this fool up if the're wanting to keep up a decent customer care basis.

He makes a valid point. You're not forced to make a bug report though, but you'll only be improving your own game experience. Takes 5 minutes to do, if that. Very easy.

But my point is that there's only so far you can go with complaining about massive game-breaking bugs, and then in the same breath admit that you're not going to report any. Ok, ideal world you wouldn't need to. Software would be bug free and everything would be fine and dandy. But that's never, ever going to happen. Nothing to do with SI really, more software in general. Games have bugs, and some never make it off the ground due to said bugs. That's the first thing people need to accept. The bug reporting system on here is pretty transparent, and I've often found that when you do raise them, you get very quick and personalised replies on the issues from devs. Devs either do not venture onto this board, or just give a cursory glance - so anyone that raises an issue here, no matter how valid it is, will not be heard.

But then maybe they'll "shut me up" for the heinous crime of disagreeing with you. My sincerest apologies.

major LOL at the infraction I've just occurred....really are proving everybody who comes here right!

@Hunter for the amount of money I've spent over the years on FM do I or don't I have the right to maybe receive value for money without having to do it myself??

Wow didnt take long to jump on my post

Its a feedback thread and i was simply giving my feedback to SI i cant be botherd to post stats etc i barely have time to post on here

And with regards to the "metaphor" thats what testing is for many games get pushed back just because you can patch something these days doesnt give you the right to release an unpolished game, this is just my opinon anyway, iv never had this many problems on a football manager game iv played it since cm 4

I never said i wasnt enjoying the game, it could be better though

major LOL at the infraction I've just occurred....really are proving everybody who comes here right!

@Hunter for the amount of money I've spent over the years on FM do I or don't I have the right to maybe receive value for money without having to do it myself??

I spend on average 1600 hours on an edition of FM. If I give 30 mins of that to submit a few bug reports, that's still more than enough "value" for my money and it enhances the next few hundred hours too.

But my point is that there's only so far you can go with complaining about massive game-breaking bugs, and then in the same breath admit that you're not going to report any. Ok, ideal world you wouldn't need to. Software would be bug free and everything would be fine and dandy. But that's never, ever going to happen. Nothing to do with SI really, more software in general. Games have bugs, and some never make it off the ground due to said bugs. That's the first thing people need to accept. The bug reporting system on here is pretty transparent, and I've often found that when you do raise them, you get very quick and personalised replies on the issues from devs. Devs either do not venture onto this board, or just give a cursory glance - so anyone that raises an issue here, no matter how valid it is, will not be heard.

But then maybe they'll "shut me up" for the heinous crime of disagreeing with you. My sincerest apologies.

Then why on earth is this called a feedback thread if no one actually listens to the feedback? Perhaps they should pop on here once in a while and listen to the frustrations of the people they've taken the hard earned money off?

And no, as expected it is me who suffers the infraction, so long as you keep sticking up for them...our voices will not be heard.

Re: placed shots. How does this compare in other loaded leagues in your save?

I spend on average 1600 hours on an edition of FM. If I give 30 mins of that to submit a few bug reports, that's still more than enough "value" for my money and it enhances the next few hundred hours too.

Yep agree with that and you're entitled to your opinion, but the great thing about humanity is that everybody's expectations are different, and I thank you for doing some of the hardwork for "lazy" people like me.

EDIT: and having just read the message apparently calling somebody a 'fool' is considered abusive now... I'm terribly sorry if I hurt your feelings dude, I should go wash my mouth out with soap. I'm just wondering how long it is before I'm banned because this isn't what everybody wants to hear!

Wow didnt take long to jump on my post

Its a feedback thread and i was simply giving my feedback to SI i cant be botherd to post stats etc i barely have time to post on here

And with regards to the "metaphor" thats what testing is for many games get pushed back just because you can patch something these days doesnt give you the right to release an unpolished game, this is just my opinon anyway, iv never had this many problems on a football manager game iv played it since cm 4

I never said i wasnt enjoying the game, it could be better though

If you're talking to me, I didn't "jump" on you or your post. I just pointed out that your feedback will carry much more weight if you take a look at whether the AI also struggles to score, like you are. If they are, there might be something wrong other than "it's your tactics".

He makes a valid point. You're not forced to make a bug report though, but you'll only be improving your own game experience. Takes 5 minutes to do, if that. Very easy.

Granted. However, his point that, given he has paid £30 for the game, it is not his duty to be bug-hunting/reporting is just as valid. This notion that one cannot complain about a purchase one has made is nonsensical and the line between consumer and beta tester is undoubtedly too thin for such a massive videogame series.

If you are enjoying the game, good on you, however many of us have truly game breaking bugs, so your patronising rhetoric, and continuous non-sequitors into tactics and statistics are a bit of a bore, in truth.

Then why on earth is this called a feedback thread if no one actually listens to the feedback? Perhaps they should pop on here once in a while and listen to the frustrations of the people they've taken the hard earned money off?

And no, as expected it is me who suffers the infraction, so long as you keep sticking up for them...our voices will not be heard.

They used to post on here quite often. Well before my time, but so the story goes. They were driven away because people weren't being constructive enough, and they spent most of their time involved in pointless debates (much like this one) rather than, you know, doing their actual job. So they withdrew to the bugs forums. Now I know that's like Lands End to John O'Groats for you, but to the rest, it's not much of a change. They do read this topic, but the fact is that if you raise a topic in the bugs forum, you will get a direct answer before the day is out. They will only even look at posts in here if they are constructive and actually say something they can act on. What exactly would you like a dev to do with posts that just state something without any shred of evidence behind it? They can't do anything.

And it's ironic you talk about not being heard - when unconstructive feedback is posted, it drowns out the stuff that actually could be used to make the game better. So cheers for that.

I never post on this forum, more of a viewer, and had been playing all FM version for more than a decade, this is by far the worst patch i've ever played.

The funny thing is, I haven't realized I switched to a new patch (steam installed it automatically), only after a few matches I noticed something is seriously OFF in the ME and then I checked the preferences and noticed i was upgraded to 14.2, then went to forums and saw many other gamers where encountering the same issues I have.

I wasn't doing brilliant till now, but at least stuff made sense, either I had a lot of possession and had hard time breaking down the defense for not being direct enough or sent too many players forward and getting caught at the back too much. So even in 14.1 I haven't found a tactic that was solid enough, but at least I knew, pretty much, what was needed fixing, so I was not taking advantage of any ME faults as some here suggest.

Since the patch I started losing all the time, nearly getting sacked (twice), finishing 9th, losing to Hull, Stoke, Norwich at home etc. I'm not looking for a patch which would allow me to win the league easily, but at least a patch that would allow me to figure out what i'm doing wrong.

The annoying issue about this patch is that it became too unpredictable and seem just random and unrealistic, I don't feel my tactics make any impact anymore. For example, I'm playing Arsenal and it seems Ozil, one of the most technical players in the league, has lost his first touch, every other pass he receives, the ball just bounces off a few yards away and opposition collects it and counter. Same thing with other players, had Sczenzey throws to Sagna, under no pressure at all, and his first touch just bounced straight to an opposition striker who scored a with the GK not even around.

The match flow just doesn't seem to make any sense, my best midfielders simply pass straight to their opponents when under no pressure, wingers trying to shoot on goal near the corner flag, I have 25 shots a game and only 3 on target and I hit the woodwork 2-3 times every game. I had Giroud in the last 5 games taking 19 shots only 3 hitting the target (none went in). Stikers through on goal just wait to get tackled, unmarked players in wide positions just wait until they're double teamed and then run straight at the two defenders and lose the ball. Conceding from corners is a known issue and so is the inability of strikers finishing off one on ones.

I tried changing tactics, roles, philosophies and team\players instructions, but it just feels i'm doing it to prevent the ME from making my players perform like a league 3 players and not to get the most out of the players as it should be.

This patch is really disappointing. I'm not enjoying the game anymore and going to stop playing it until a new patch is released. What a let down ...

So when we cut that down to the basics you come up:

People who are winning = happy

People who are losing = unhappy

Well sorry to break it to you but it really isn't that simple, you should be able to enjoy a game and give an unbiased view of the issues whether you are winning or losing. If you can't do that then your opinion is of no use to the creators.

Here is a good example - "ME is bias, human user suffers more mistakes than AI teams" You know what prove it if you think there is an issue.

Here are the current stats in my save for teams in the league I'm playing in:

Jomo Cosmos (My Team) - 1098 mistakes in 28 games = 39.21 per game with 10 leading to goals

AI Teams

Kaiser Chiefs - 851 mistakes in 36 games = 23.64 per game with 16 leading to goals

Sundowns - 907 mistakes in 31 games = 29.26 per game with 9 leading to goals

Maritzburg Utd - 840 mistakes in 35 games = 24.00 per game with 14 leading to goals

Swallows - 814 mistakes in 29 games = 28.07 per game with 15 leading to goals

Black Aces - 842 mistakes in 28 games = 30.07 per game with 16 leading to goals

Orlando Pirates - 809 mistakes in 33 games = 24.52 per game with 6 leading to goals

Platinum Stars - 952 mistakes in 36 games = 26.44 per game with 20 leading to goals

Supersport - 997 mistakes in 28 games = 35.61 per game with 14 leading to goals

TUKS - 823 mistakes in 30 games = 27.43 per game with 6 leading to goals

Ajax - 842 mistakes in 31 games = 27.16 per game with 9 leading to goals

Amazulu - 735 mistakes in 28 games - 26.25 per game with 5 leading to goals

Wits - 846 mistakes in 28 games = 30.21 per game with 8 leading to goals

Black Leopards - 1201 mistakes in 30 games = 40.03 per game with 20 leading to goals

Celtic - 759 mistakes in 29 games = 26.17 per game with 19 leading to goals

Free State - 874 mistakes in 28 games = 31.21 per game with 17 leading to goals

So what can we learn from that?

Well in general there is an average of 25-30 mistakes per game per team, the poorer AI and my team are getting significantly more than the average but despite this I'm not conceding too many goals as a result of the mistakes.

Then we look at why? well last season I was promoted and my players are generally quite poor for the league and their abilities are ranked fairly low so it shouldn't be a surprise we get a higher than average number of mistakes per match. So why don't I concede goals? well this is tactical and its because I play with a DM, this provides a second layer of cover for when a fullback/MC/DC make a mistake the DM is there to fill in.

Do I think there is a bug?

Well nothing should be judged on one season but as it stands it seems reasonable and therefore no bias towards the AI.

You are forgetting that those that stick up for SI have probably been playing the game longer and invested more into FM than the likes of yourself.

Champ Man didn't have a ME? hmmm either a bad choice of words or you have no clue how FM works.

EDIT: and there was nothing fundamentally wrong with 14.1.4 so why they released a much poorer version in 14.2 so hastily after 14.1.4 I don't know...they obviously didn't test this latest one properly before release.

There was several issues with 14.1.4 which is why it was patched.

They used to post on here quite often. Well before my time, but so the story goes. They were driven away because people weren't being constructive enough, and they spent most of their time involved in pointless debates (much like this one) rather than, you know, doing their actual job. So they withdrew to the bugs forums. Now I know that's like Lands End to John O'Groats for you, but to the rest, it's not much of a change. They do read this topic, but the fact is that if you raise a topic in the bugs forum, you will get a direct answer before the day is out. They will only even look at posts in here if they are constructive and actually say something they can act on. What exactly would you like a dev to do with posts that just state something without any shred of evidence behind it? They can't do anything.

And it's ironic you talk about not being heard - when unconstructive feedback is posted, it drowns out the stuff that actually could be used to make the game better. So cheers for that.

oh dear. that's all I can say to that post.

I apologize for calling you a fool and if it may of hurt your feelings to warrant an infraction placed upon me then do take my apologies.

oh dear. that's all I can say to that post.

I apologize for calling you a fool and if it may of hurt your feelings to warrant an infraction placed upon me then do take my apologies.

Oh dear? Is that an "Oh dear, I've realised what I said was silly"? Glad you've come to terms with it. You asked about SI viewing the forums, and I gave you why. But thanks for playing.

And I wouldn't, and didn't, waste my time reporting anything you've said. Seems the mods made the decision all by themselves. If it really upsets you that much, which it seems it has, you can go take it up with them.

Granted. However, his point that, given he has paid £30 for the game, it is not his duty to be bug-hunting/reporting is just as valid. This notion that one cannot complain about a purchase one has made is nonsensical and the line between consumer and beta tester is undoubtedly too thin for such a massive videogame series.

If you are enjoying the game, good on you, however many of us have truly game breaking bugs, so your patronising rhetoric, and continuous non-sequitors into tactics and statistics are a bit of a bore, in truth.

Did you miss the part where I said that he's not forced to do bug reports?

Archived