Sports Interactive Community
Stuart Warren

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

What is SI expecting to revert the patch?

My friend just won the champions league and the board didnt renew his contract, just hilarious

Is your friend Roberto Di Matteo?

The most infuriating part is that, no matter what you tweak, nothing changes

Absolute nonsense. If that was the case, there would be no point in the game at all. So many people seem to think if you set instructions then your players will blindly follow them 100% of the time. This is NOT Fifa, you don't have full control of the whole 90mins. However, changes you make in game DO have an effect. Tactics you set up pre-match DO have an effect. Remember, there's another team on the park too. The AI has been ramped up quite a bit this year, so the other team will be doing better to counter how you've set up.

Also, to say that 'every single shot' skims the bar or goes directly to the keeper would suggest that every single game in your save finishes 0-0, and I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

And inuries happen. Sometimes you'll be really unlucky and have lots of injuries at once. Sometimes key players will get bad injuries that affect their long-term career. All of this happens in real life.

As for your Betis example, if most of your games are playing out that way, there's a clear issue in how your setting your team up. You clearly have the better players, so are dominating and creating lots of chances, but of 32 shots on goal, you had only 4 CCCs, and scored from two of them. The opponents know how to play you. Sit behind the ball, soak up all the pressure, then hit you on the break. You're so focussed on attack, that you're paying little attention to defence, and you're being caught out. Surely it would be better to have a more solid defence, with less, but more accurate forward play. A trip to the tactics forum will help you set up your team to do just that. With Barcelona, it will be relatively easy to do.

Ive never played FMC. Quite happy to acknowledge that.

I've played the game since its inception. FMC is great, but its for a casual playerbase. Like you, I can only speak for myself, and a small number of others. Actually, more than a small number, as most of my point is based around current threads under review on the bugs forum, and feedback thread.

The cynic in me says that the additional profit isn't going into additional testing or development. The cost of the game will go up regardless of these mini transactions, its the nature of inflation, and SI has to turn a profit. However that profit has to increase year on year, as thats what the parent company demands, and its Video Games' unit is still running at a loss. If you've worked in Finance, you will know that regardless of good intentions within your own company, your annual budget is set by the parent company, and SEGA's year end accounts showed that headcount was dropping as it attempted to turn the Video games unit back to profit (The overall company, SEGA Sammy, made a great profit, but thats mainly down to their sales of Pachinko machines).

I can see the product development being stretched, and year on year the headcount actually being reduced, so that the design team spends the 6 months after release fire-fighting and bug-patching because they werent given the headcount to do proper beta testing to get the product out and working "As intended" on release date. Its an industry wide approach now that the product ships on its release date regardless of whether its playable. As an online player, year on year I watch as games get taken apart patch by patch and a requirement to constantly evolve your tactic game by game. And that is not realistic. Managers go through their entire careers using a single tactic or variation on it. You buy your players based on that tactic. The footballing world doesnt suddenly change overnight in such a way that right wingers stop being right wingers and become inside forwards. That kind of change takes time, years in most cases, and it tends to be specific to certain clubs or countries (the rise of Barca and Tiki-Taka was over a lengthy period of time, and established a dominance for 3 or 4 years until it was worked out).

There is always the argument that the game is "Adapting", however its not. Its not reacting to changes in the real footballing world, its tweaking its ME because theres an imbalance which is allowing players to win more.

Maybe I have just hit upon the business strategy there. Make the game as difficult as humanly possible, but sell the cheats to players to allow them to win. Its not a bad strategy, its like buying the additional weapons pack in Call of Duty or Saints Row. Its moving the game towards the DLC being a key component of playing rather than the game being fun (and complete) from the off.

The cynic in me says that the additional profit isn't going into additional testing or development. The cost of the game will go up regardless of these mini transactions' date=' its the nature of inflation, and SI has to turn a profit. However that profit has to increase year on year, as thats what the parent company demands, and its Video Games' unit is still running at a loss. If you've worked in Finance, you will know that regardless of good intentions within your own company, your annual budget is set by the parent company, and SEGA's year end accounts showed that headcount was dropping as it attempted to turn the Video games unit back to profit (The overall company, SEGA Sammy, made a great profit, but thats mainly down to their sales of Pachinko machines).

I can see the product development being stretched, and year on year the headcount actually being reduced, so that the design team spends the 6 months after release fire-fighting and bug-patching because they werent given the headcount to do proper beta testing to get the product out and working "As intended" on release date. Its an industry wide approach now that the product ships on its release date regardless of whether its playable. As an online player, year on year I watch as games get taken apart patch by patch and a requirement to constantly evolve your tactic game by game. And that is not realistic. Managers go through their entire careers using a single tactic or variation on it. You buy your players based on that tactic. The footballing world doesnt suddenly change overnight in such a way that right wingers stop being right wingers and become inside forwards. That kind of change takes time, years in most cases, and it tends to be specific to certain clubs or countries (the rise of Barca and Tiki-Taka was over a lengthy period of time, and established a dominance for 3 or 4 years until it was worked out).

There is always the argument that the game is "Adapting", however its not. Its not reacting to changes in the real footballing world, its tweaking its ME because theres an imbalance which is allowing players to win more.

Maybe I have just hit upon the business strategy there. Make the game as difficult as humanly possible, but sell the cheats to players to allow them to win. Its not a bad strategy, its like buying the additional weapons pack in Call of Duty or Saints Row. Its moving the game towards the DLC being a key component of playing rather than the game being fun (and complete) from the off.[/quote']

You really shouldn't just make things up in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, the extra profit from increased sales over the last three years has certainly resulted in expansion of development and testing teams so you are absolutely wrong in that respect.

Also micro transactions seem like a very fair way to make extra profits to me, provided they are always extras that you don't need to play the base game.

I've played the game since its inception. FMC is great' date=' but its for a casual playerbase. Like you, I can only speak for myself, and a small number of others. Actually, more than a small number, as most of my point is based around current threads under review on the bugs forum, and feedback thread.

[/quote']

You'll be surprised by the number of "non casual" gamers who play FMC. Including some of moderators and SI Staff.

The cynic in me says that the additional profit isn't going into additional testing or development. The cost of the game will go up regardless of these mini transactions' date=' its the nature of inflation, and SI has to turn a profit. However that profit has to increase year on year, as thats what the parent company demands, and its Video Games' unit is still running at a loss. If you've worked in Finance, you will know that regardless of good intentions within your own company, your annual budget is set by the parent company, and SEGA's year end accounts showed that headcount was dropping as it attempted to turn the Video games unit back to profit (The overall company, SEGA Sammy, made a great profit, but thats mainly down to their sales of Pachinko machines).

[/quote']

They just advertised almost 20 new jobs. Fair to say the money is going back into testing.

I can see the product development being stretched' date=' and year on year the headcount actually being reduced, so that the design team spends the 6 months after release fire-fighting and bug-patching because they werent given the headcount to do proper beta testing to get the product out and working "As intended" on release date. Its an industry wide approach now that the product ships on its release date regardless of whether its playable. As an online player, year on year I watch as games get taken apart patch by patch and a requirement to constantly evolve your tactic game by game. And that is not realistic. Managers go through their entire careers using a single tactic or variation on it. You buy your players based on that tactic. The footballing world doesnt suddenly change overnight in such a way that right wingers stop being right wingers and become inside forwards. That kind of change takes time, years in most cases, and it tends to be specific to certain clubs or countries (the rise of Barca and Tiki-Taka was over a lengthy period of time, and established a dominance for 3 or 4 years until it was worked out).

[/quote']

Lots of people dont have their approach taken apart patch by patch. Many of the threads in the tactical discussion section were started in the Beta stage. Hell there is a barcelona one that has been going on since 2011. Since 2010 I've been playing the same 4-2-3-1 core shape and idea, only ever using variable shouts and strategy changes as the opposition varies.

There is always the argument that the game is "Adapting"' date=' however its not. Its not reacting to changes in the real footballing world, its tweaking its ME because theres an imbalance which is allowing players to win more.

[/quote']

That's explictly not how the game works, it cannot "tweak the ME". The Match Engine cannot tell the difference between user and AI for one thing. This has long been the case.

Maybe I have just hit upon the business strategy there. Make the game as difficult as humanly possible' date=' but sell the cheats to players to allow them to win. Its not a bad strategy, its like buying the additional weapons pack in Call of Duty or Saints Row. Its moving the game towards the DLC being a key component of playing rather than the game being fun (and complete) from the off.[/quote']

Well this just isn't true, or even close to being true.

EDIT: Dammit Kriss :D! *Goes back to Christmas*

Absolute nonsense. If that was the case, there would be no point in the game at all. So many people seem to think if you set instructions then your players will blindly follow them 100% of the time. This is NOT Fifa, you don't have full control of the whole 90mins. However, changes you make in game DO have an effect. Tactics you set up pre-match DO have an effect. Remember, there's another team on the park too. The AI has been ramped up quite a bit this year, so the other team will be doing better to counter how you've set up.

Also, to say that 'every single shot' skims the bar or goes directly to the keeper would suggest that every single game in your save finishes 0-0, and I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

And inuries happen. Sometimes you'll be really unlucky and have lots of injuries at once. Sometimes key players will get bad injuries that affect their long-term career. All of this happens in real life.

As for your Betis example, if most of your games are playing out that way, there's a clear issue in how your setting your team up. You clearly have the better players, so are dominating and creating lots of chances, but of 32 shots on goal, you had only 4 CCCs, and scored from two of them. The opponents know how to play you. Sit behind the ball, soak up all the pressure, then hit you on the break. You're so focussed on attack, that you're paying little attention to defence, and you're being caught out. Surely it would be better to have a more solid defence, with less, but more accurate forward play. A trip to the tactics forum will help you set up your team to do just that. With Barcelona, it will be relatively easy to do.

So, setting the players to stay on feet and having them perform slide tackles in the rare occasion they consider tackling might be a good idea is normal. Setting the goalkeeper to distribute to defenders and just getting him doing it around 1 out of 4 times (even bringing the deffensive line down to allow easier passes) is normal. And just to make it clear. the match agains betis was played with a 4-3-3 with control (not attacking) mentality, with the four defenders set to defensive mentality (even both wing backs), the DM set to defensive, a BWM and both wingers set to support and just the Advanced Playmaker and the Poacher set to attacking mentality. The team instructions were to play it short and keep possesion, with little risky passes. Is it coherent that such tweaks lead to that result?

Seriously, I'm not saying that no tactic works, I'm positively sure some will work as a charm, but seeing Barcelona struggle with so many control tactics and tweaks tried is simply ridiculous. And don't tell me that tweaks work the way they're intended to, because anyone that has played FM for some years know they have nothing to do with old FM games and they produce little to no change in the game.

Curious because in my save the top placed non striker coming up to mid season is 18th with 6 goals.

I'm referring to average ratings. The highest rated striker is Benteke at 29th on the Average Ratings charts.

The top scorers in the league are strikers, but they haven't scored many. Rickie Lambert has 13 after 26 games

While I'm not playing in the premier league I thought I would take a look and of the top twenty goal scorers only three are non strikers.

You missed the point. Strikers are the top scorers, but their goal tally is poor.

In the AVERAGE RATING charts there are few strikers with the highest placed striker being in 29th place.

And don't tell me that tweaks work the way they're intended to, because anyone that has played FM for some years know they have nothing to do with old FM games and they produce little to no change in the game.

They 'work' far more effectively in this version of the game than they have ever done IMO.

You missed the point. Strikers are the top scorers, but their goal tally is poor.

In the AVERAGE RATING charts there are few strikers with the highest placed striker being in 29th place.

Still not the same in my game, in the premiership 14 games played the top scorer has 10 (Soldado), that's 0.71 goals per game. In real life 17 games have been played, Suarez has 19 but then he is really on a hot streak, the next is 13 Aguero, that's 0.74 also on a hot streak if less so than Suarez, with Toure a midfielder in third, so that's not far out as far as I can see. As for average ratings surely these are just another means of deducing the standard of players you may want to buy or how well your players are performing from match to match, personally I look for players I think will fit the role I want them to play I don’t worry too much about averages.

Guest El Payaso
erm.. Played OM won 4-1 (conceded to yet another rubber defender where the ball bounces off them) played cardif won 5-0. fielded a team a weker team, but lots of experiance against Sheefield Wednesday in the league cup, win 2-1 but they play like Barca? what? these 2 teams before were good, but when you got Sheffield Wednesday passing the ball about in a string of 10-12 passes then scoring while top clubs aren't?
I've seen this too. I played in Fa Cup against Gillingham and they did nothing from open play against us but managed to win the game with three from set-pieces then in FA Trophy Luton were just unstoppable, they played short passes even inside my penalty area even though I had half more players there, sometimes they had a long dribble from the flank and only one other player forward against my 6 defending players (four at the back, anchor man and deep lying playmaker) and even there that one player managed to be completely free for a pass. I know I am a lower league team but those are really things that shouldn't be happening; super runs with decent players and loads of players unable to mark out one opponent. And this has happened for my advantage also in Cups as I've played even lower league teams there, there are things happening that the players should never be capable of doing and the opponent that is in trouble are doing such a stupid decisions on the pitch that they never should do; like clearing to the the only place where they shoudn't.

The Match engine really starts repeating itself really soon and that makes the game frustrating. I'm really feeling cheap when I can just allow every opponent to take as many long shots as they like because they're basically never going to score from them and just wait for us to get those clear-cut chances that are easily scored, that's not really me being a good manager or my team playing particularly well. Simply just not rewarding to play with this kind of engine.

You really shouldn't just make things up in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, the extra profit from increased sales over the last three years has certainly resulted in expansion of development and testing teams so you are absolutely wrong in that respect.

Also micro transactions seem like a very fair way to make extra profits to me, provided they are always extras that you don't need to play the base game.

They're perfectly viable, to me, to make profits, if you havent already charged a full retail price for the game. DLC has crept into the gaming market in such a way its deemed as "Acceptable" to charge for add-ons to established titles, and its a path I never thought I would see SI taking.

They're also something the modding community has been doing for years for no charge, because they loved the game and the community around it. I have no doubt that if this path continues, more DLC will appear, the DLC will become more core to the gameplay mechanics for FMC.

BTW, quoting "We just advertised 20 new jobs" is irrelevant without being able to quote headcount stats for previous years, which I would'nt expect since theyre the very definition of commercially confidential. Natural wastage, people moving to other companies, yadda yadda yadda. I think I stated the game needs more people, more development, more testing before its released. In 10 months time, we can sit here again and discuss whether the product thats released (FM15) is entirely working as intended and doesnt need patched because of game breaking bugs.

If its the former, on time, bug free, then I will come on here and state for the world "I was wrong to be cynical. SI has the playerbases best interests at heart".

If its the latter, would you come on and say the same? Say "We are sorry for releasing the game in an unfinished format".

Nobody from SI has, to the best of my knowledge, ever said or would ever say such a thing.

Thanks for deleting my previous effort. I'll try again.

14.1.4 was the best FM I've ever played. 14.2.0 isn't.

Please right the ship.

Hummm, so before this patch my strikers were doing fine, dribbling, passing, scoring, then after 14.2 they are just like a missing person from the match, motivation is fine (Very Good, Excellent), everything is untouchable but before the patch they were scoring, after the patch they aren't doing nothing and the conclusion is.... tactics. Great logic!!! In other patches I didn't have problems with several bugs that people were reporting, yet it didn't mean they weren't there causing problems.

Also, I would like you to explain how does my tactic makes my players have a terrible first touch and this didn't happen at all before 14.2... well, but it must be tactics, tactics, tactics.

This a thousand times.

Pre-upadate my team were playing great football, other teams were also playing some great football. When I lost I knew why, normally because I made tactical error.

Now who knows why that guy who has been great all season can't run pass or score! My defenders can't tackle and if they do it bounces off them to the striker they just supposedly tackled and he is clean thru!

This update has ruined the game for me and I want to go back to the last patch to be honest, I had no serious problems with it. I was loving the game!

This a thousand times.

Pre-upadate my team were playing great football, other teams were also playing some great football. When I lost I knew why, normally because I made tactical error.

Now who knows why that guy who has been great all season can't run pass or score! My defenders can't tackle and if they do it bounces off them to the striker they just supposedly tackled and he is clean thru!

This update has ruined the game for me and I want to go back to the last patch to be honest, I had no serious problems with it. I was loving the game!

but you know what ? it's your tactics, always your tactics and nothing else than your tactics :lol: and your players having legs of wood and not having a first touch play although they might have a very good first touch atribute you know what that is, right ? your tactics :)

The only catch is that this isn't done real-time, but that doesn't really matter and is needed for performance reasons (imagine not yours but all the matches happening around you at the same time being simulated in real-time too, we're talking 90 minutes of play, not two by six minutes as in default setting FIFA or PES). But this is also done so that the match viewer you then get to view the match through after a half was calculated knows where "highlights" or "extended highlights" are. Still it doesn't matter for you as by every change you or the AI make in a match the thing gets re-calculated from that minute the change was applied.

But this is what I mean. I think it ties in with the problems people (including myself sometimes) are seeing with GKs. I just drew 1-1 to a pretty poor Everton side, and I conceded because of dreadful keeping Szczesny) - in other words, the ME seems to be compensating for the large discrepancy between the quality of the two sides by ensuring the goal the superior team concedes is actually quite a crap one, usually in this patch as a result of awful goal-keeping. Am I misguided?

but you know what ? it's your tactics, always your tactics and nothing else than your tactics :lol: and your players having legs of wood and not having a first touch play although they might have a very good first touch atribute you know what that is, right ? your tactics :)

Except no ever says its your tactics all the time, so you'd be wrong. :brock: You can't have been following the thread well enough if you believe that's the case. Otherwise you'd be seeing people being advised to upload things to the bugs section.

But this is what I mean. I think it ties in with the problems people (including myself sometimes) are seeing with GKs. I just drew 1-1 to a pretty poor Everton side, and I conceded because of dreadful keeping Szczesny) - in other words, the ME seems to be compensating for the large discrepancy between the quality of the two sides by ensuring the goal the superior team concedes is actually quite a crap one, usually in this patch as a result of awful goal-keeping. Am I misguided?

Yes, though I wouldn't say misguided as that seems a harsh word. But the ME doesn't compensate like that.

No matter how I tweak my tactics, I lose my games, despite dominating, having lots of shots, yes the opposition score on almost every shot they have on goal.

What the heck has happened?

Before the patch, my players average ratings during a match was almost consistently above 7, now none of them go above that, but lie steadiy at around 6.2-6.5.

Yes, though I wouldn't say misguided as that seems a harsh word. But the ME doesn't compensate like that.

OK, thanks.

OK, thanks.

No problem. there are still aspects of dodgy keeping, (not talking about keeper errors here, they can and should happen) so certainly worth uploading any occurrences when they happen to the bugs section. Personally, I dont see too much of this, outside of the crossfield passing that is already mentioned, but then my keeper is rarely tested.

Is your friend Roberto Di Matteo?

Well incredibly he has no valid contract but he is still managing the club lol!

And since we play online since the patch he has no staff meetings all blank, and that happens to me when he is the host in another game we have

Concerning strikers this patch messed the defense/gk's more than the strikers and throw ins are ridiculous atm aswell, but i noticed a diminished on goal scoring my striker in 2024/25 scored 38 goals and in the previous season in 14.1.4 he scored 53

Concerning pass and first touch this patch messed the mechanics of them i have a DMC with passing, technique and first touch 20 but when the ball reaches his feet looks like the balls bounces from on his feet

Except no ever says its your tactics all the time, so you'd be wrong. :brock: You can't have been following the thread well enough if you believe that's the case. Otherwise you'd be seeing people being advised to upload things to the bugs section.

Unfortunately I have been following and I would like if it were because of good things than bad, so instead of some comments mentioning that people just complains and moan it would be nice to read a little more humble in comments, "sorry guys, we know you expect high quality service", because make no mistake that its about providing a service, an entertainment one that it has indeed quality. And for any service I don't think you are told "oh, ok, can you make us a detailed list of problems and we'll try to fix it", try that at a car workshop or at a hotel or anything else. Would you like it ? Of course not!

Unfortunately I have been following and I would like if it were because of good things than bad, so instead of some comments mentioning that people just complains and moan it would be nice to read a little more humble in comments, "sorry guys, we know you expect high quality service", because make no mistake that its about providing a service, an entertainment one that it has indeed quality. And for any service I don't think you are told "oh, ok, can you make us a detailed list of problems and we'll try to fix it", try that at a car workshop or at a hotel or anything else. Would you like it ? Of course not!

And how would any of that apply if is their tactics? And analogies really don't apply in this case, since you cannot address any issue that you are not seeing or not able to replicate. There is a reason information is collected the way it is. We could back and forth on this all day long, wouldn't change the fact that PKMs and saved are requested in lots of cases, because they are wanted and needed for identification, regression and fixing (or not fixing, as not everything is a bug)

The match agains betis was played with a 4-3-3 with control (not attacking) mentality, with the four defenders set to defensive mentality (even both wing backs), the DM set to defensive, a BWM and both wingers set to support and just the Advanced Playmaker and the Poacher set to attacking mentality. The team instructions were to play it short and keep possesion, with little risky passes. Is it coherent that such tweaks lead to that result?

Seriously, I'm not saying that no tactic works, I'm positively sure some will work as a charm, but seeing Barcelona struggle with so many control tactics and tweaks tried is simply ridiculous. And don't tell me that tweaks work the way they're intended to, because anyone that has played FM for some years know they have nothing to do with old FM games and they produce little to no change in the game.

First of all you need to accept that not every game you statistically dominate will go your way. That's not how real football works, and so should not the game.

Then your role/duty setup sounds faulty, no matter how often you feel screwed over (rightly or wrongly). Be aware that the basic formation you pick defines the base defensive shape of your team. When in possession it is the roles and duties that determine what comes off this when attacking, if there is any movement between the lines, which players keep their position (defend duty) and which move forward, whether there are overlaps if you would like there to be and whether players will have options or whether your team will be entirelly static and easy to defend.

For instance, by keeping all of your four defenders on defend duty, as you did, you make it far easier for teams dropping deep to keep you at bay as you limit options and movement and outlets of penetrating the box as well as you weak the chance of quality ball retention in the final third and support for your wingers, and a lone striker as a poacher probably isn't ideal either as it is a role that encourages neither much movement when the player is off the ball nor much risk when he is in possession of it. This has gradually become more important, as up to FM 2012 which you were referencing (no coincidence, probably) attacking players were frequently running straight through their markers (off the ball), so your players'd end up in space no matter what you encouraged to a degree. An overhaul in between FM 2012 and 2013 meant that this space that shouldn't exist was closed off, as attackers now have to run around their markers.

I found that previously playing as Barca it was pretty impossible to finish outside of the top 2 in La Liga, as even when the many attacking talent was completely isolated and the team's shape fishy, individual players compensated for that by winning one on ones situations due to their superior skill which opened up attacking space all by itself. Can't tell for FM 2014 though.

Try this. This isn't something to be followed to the letter, but a basic guideline, and in particular what the piece says about duties should be your first concern. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368940-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide

hi mates;

i didn't want to open a new topic and post my question, and i hope i would have some answers.

the problem is:

you have a team with manager playing 4-3-3 and that manager recruit two or three wingers with lot money (50 or 60 millions), and meanwhile a job is opened the manger goes .

the club recruit another manager (of course) but this time the new manager plays (3-5-2) or (4-2-2-2) [or a manger who do not use wingers to be clear]; with this configuration you have a multimillion players (in this case wingers) unused and their value will go down because they will not play and eventually the club will lose the investment on those wingers.

why SI will not make the boardroom or who decide to recruit the manager much smarter and recruit a manager who can adapt and play a tactic that are compatible with players on the team.

because in real life you can change one person (the manager) but not hole team .

for example; the FC Barcelona plays 4-3-3 and all youth team plays like the first team , and specially the FC Barcelona B (who plays Liga Adelante) play the 4-3-3 that means they recruit a manager who plays 4-3-3 but in the game when the manager of FC Barcelona B is sacked his replacement will be randomly picked .

i hope i was clear.

thanks.

i was hoping to get answers but no :(

Perhaps coding the game that way is either really hard or impossible, and what i do is the opposite for example my team youth intakes recruit alot of fullbacks and i play 3 DC's and 2 side midfielders what i do is either adapt them to DC's or ME/MD depending on their attributtes/potential and it has been working really well for me, and did that also with players i bought

There were no questions, so no answers need to be given. It is a good suggestion though, but it should go in the wishlist thread (I think) as this is for feedback on the game at update 14.2.

The wishlist thread is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

I suggest re-posting your original post in there. :thup:

anyone else struggling to get work permits for brazilian youngers since the patch?

my scout says i should win the appeal but since the patch i havent got one

too much corners, you can't cross the ball, becomes always corner then and too much goals from set pieces, have scored 80% goals from set pieces,

this new patch is very bad, bad reception of the ball by players, goalkeepers do direct pass everywere, tj oposition teams ( the best teams ) running much more and pressing much more of us, whatever it´s all the same or worst

too much corners, you can't cross the ball, becomes always corner then and too much goals from set pieces, have scored 80% goals from set pieces,

80% of every goal on my game revolves around a corner :sigh:

And how would any of that apply if is their tactics? And analogies really don't apply in this case, since you cannot address any issue that you are not seeing or not able to replicate. There is a reason information is collected the way it is. We could back and forth on this all day long, wouldn't change the fact that PKMs and saved are requested in lots of cases, because they are wanted and needed for identification, regression and fixing (or not fixing, as not everything is a bug)

Not everything is a bug, that's a fact (and bugs don't affect people the same way), and it is also a fact that not everything is a tactical problem, so its pointless to come out here and accuse people of complaining and moaning. As for pkm's and whatever SI needs from us, well, I don't have a problem with this, but I do have a problem when I pay for something that should work just fine and it doesn't. And even after several patches that have fixed some problems, I still have a product with several bugs. SI wants our help identifying problems ? Fine, we all want to help because it benefits us all but don't charge us a game as it was bug free.

Not everything is a bug, that's a fact (and bugs don't affect people the same way), and it is also a fact that not everything is a tactical problem, so its pointless to come out here and accuse people of complaining and moaning. As for pkm's and whatever SI needs from us, well, I don't have a problem with this, but I do have a problem when I pay for something that should work just fine and it doesn't. And even after several patches that have fixed some problems, I still have a product with several bugs. SI wants our help identifying problems ? Fine, we all want to help because it benefits us all but don't charge us a game as it was bug free.

I did just say not everything is a bug or is everything tactical. No game, or indeed complex software, you have owned has ever been bug free, even when patched. If you think that you haven't been looking hard enough. The key is actually to deal with as many as possible given a set time frame and resources and minimise the impact of the remaining ones. Not sure what you mean with accusing people of moaning though, since I never did that. The game quite clearly works, the game still has issues that need to be dealt with. By the way I don't charge you for anything, I'm a moderator, we don't work for SI and we do this for free (god knows why sometimes). If something looks like a user issue, it will be pointed out as that way, if something looks like a bug it will be pointed out that way, and honestly I make no apologies about that approach since its a complete waste of time to do otherwise.

Enjoy your Christmas guys, I'm off for a well deserved beer.

Heh) as previous thread has been closed I’ll post it here one more time)

I see everyone prone to blame “First Touch” for “Knocking” that came with 14.2.0 update but I think it’s wrong because I’m sure “First Touch” used in ME calculation to determine accuracy of “First Touch Passes” and “First touch Shots”.

I think SI add this “Knocking” in attempt to nerf Dribling and Run with Ball and I totally support this decision! Because ”Run with Ball” was very overpowered there was lot of famous “Maradona run” from players in every match and that looked very unrealistic.

You hardly can see “Knocking” thing from players with minimal “Run With Ball” setting, and often from players with maximally “Run With Ball” stetting.

Before 14.2.0 you can easily give your full backs maximally “Run With Ball” stetting and they was able to deliver ball straight to forwards without middle man because even players with average dribbling/flair/agility/acieration/pace was unstoppable -))

After 14.2.0 update you should think twice before giving players maximally “Run With Ball” settings.

This is a completely irrelevant post. This has nothing to do at all with the first touch issue most people are talking about. I have midfielders with passing/first touch of 15+ passing to each other, with the receiver stationary, and then turn and kick the ball 3 yards away from themselves into the defender. First touch means you should be able to receive passes, and it really sucks trying to play possession football with the current "kick the ball away from yourself at a defender when receiving a pass" instruction

Perhaps coding the game that way is either really hard or impossible, and what i do is the opposite for example my team youth intakes recruit alot of fullbacks and i play 3 DC's and 2 side midfielders what i do is either adapt them to DC's or ME/MD depending on their attributtes/potential and it has been working really well for me, and did that also with players i bought
There were no questions, so no answers need to be given. It is a good suggestion though, but it should go in the wishlist thread (I think) as this is for feedback on the game at update 14.2.

The wishlist thread is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

I suggest re-posting your original post in there. :thup:

Looking at the stats page on my game The AI managers probably need to make a thread on the tactics forum so the resident clique can tell then what they are doing wrong with their world class strikers and wide forwards.

It's the exact.same.process every time there is a patch. People complain / the same people jump to the defence of the game, claim it's *tactics* / So patch it in the next patch because it wasn't *tactics* / new patch comes , same happens again / rinse and repeat.

It's hilarious we have a sticky from WWEFAN saying how to keep it simple, and a tactics forum full of tactics using 10+ shouts per tactic.

For me this patch would be perfect, if only a) long shots were a bit more on target and b) if shots from very tight angles were reduced.

I did just say not everything is a bug or is everything tactical. No game, or indeed complex software, you have owned has ever been bug free, even when patched. If you think that you haven't been looking hard enough. The key is actually to deal with as many as possible given a set time frame and resources and minimise the impact of the remaining ones. Not sure what you mean with accusing people of moaning though, since I never did that. The game quite clearly works, the game still has issues that need to be dealt with. By the way I don't charge you for anything, I'm a moderator, we don't work for SI and we do this for free (god knows why sometimes). If something looks like a user issue, it will be pointed out as that way, if something looks like a bug it will be pointed out that way, and honestly I make no apologies about that approach since its a complete waste of time to do otherwise.

Enjoy your Christmas guys, I'm off for a well deserved beer.

I didn't say you mentioned people moan, but others have mentioned that. And I also didn't say you charge me or us, I was clear about SI and not moderators. So these issues are not about clients and moderators, but they are about clients and SI and as you pointed very well, moderators don't work for SI.

The question is that there are several people alerting that there are new problems with this patch, simple as that, and if we do so is because we enjoy the game and always want a better game. So pardon me if I feel disregarded when someone else (not saying is you) comes here and make irrelevant and annoying comments that it's all about our tactics or that everything is solved if we read the thread x and y.

Merry Christmas for you too

For me this patch would be perfect, if only a) long shots were a bit more on target and b) if shots from very tight angles were reduced.

That's odd because for me I'm getting lots more goals from just outside/around the box. 1on1s with the keeper are impossible for any of my guys to score.

So pardon me if I feel disregarded when someone else (not saying is you) comes here and make irrelevant and annoying comments that it's all about our tactics or that everything is solved if we read the thread x and y.

Yes, but the problem with you and many others is that you're simply sticking your head in the sand and blaming the game being at fault without taking measures to try and fix the issues you have. The tools are all there. None of the current issues within the game prevent you from having a successful team playing good football with strikers scoring lots of goals.

The ultimate irony is that when you were winning at the game, there was more 'broken' with it than there is now.

That's odd because for me I'm getting lots more goals from just outside/around the box. 1on1s with the keeper are impossible for any of my guys to score.

Indeed it's odd. Most of my players have spectacular long shot stats (it's one of the things I look for, especially in AMCs). Yet I have not scored a single long shot. All shots end up in row z...

No matter how I tweak my tactics, I lose my games, despite dominating, having lots of shots, yes the opposition score on almost every shot they have on goal.

What the heck has happened?

Before the patch, my players average ratings during a match was almost consistently above 7, now none of them go above that, but lie steadiy at around 6.2-6.5.

i dont think there is anything wrong with ratings. players just make a lot of silly and stupid decisions which lead to poor play.

Yes, but the problem with you and many others is that you're simply sticking your head in the sand and blaming the game being at fault without taking measures to try and fix the issues you have. The tools are all there. None of the current issues within the game prevent you from having a successful team playing good football with strikers scoring lots of goals.

The ultimate irony is that when you were winning at the game, there was more 'broken' with it than there is now.

A lot of us are complaining about how the actual game is played out in front of us.

I don't think "tactics" are too blame for world-class CMs having the pass reception ability of 10 year-olds.

Really ? and how do you know that I don't take measures ??? I really would enjoy how do you know that ?