Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Look at my join date and look if I've posted something like this before. The answer is No.

That's why you probably should value the point I'm trying to express. The game with the latest patch is no longer playable. I don't know which routines you guys have these days before releasing patches but I think you should look to improve those. Because this time you really messed up. Period.

And out of respect, don't delete this. I'm on topic as I give feedback on the latest patch and there are no offensive words. I don't think your duty is to look over all posts being made and delete all you personally don't find constructive.

No, actually it is part of the duty of the moderators do exactly that. There is with all due respect, no real vaule, because you ahvent actually said anything. The game isn't unplayable, because well, people are playing it. You haven't made a specific point on anything, so it's not constructive or indeed useful at any point. To give you an example of what is useful/constructive feedback, see the discussion above from the likes of Ryknow, Lord Rowell, CityandColour. That is the kind of thing that is useful. Saying the game is "unplayable" when it's not, certainly isn't useful (or even correct).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think SI will release anything now and tbh I'd rather they didn't.

I think where 14.2 is now is pretty good and very playable. This is actually for me, now, the first time I've settled properly into the game and feel I can play my matches without fighting quirks & faults in the ME.

IMO the problems now are mostly cosmetic. That said, SI should take their time fixing them to make sure the fixes are right.

I do have bad memories of FM13 when they released a patch / update before Xmas and it was a disaster. They then rushed out a hotfix before Xmas but even then it wasn't right until January and pretty much ruined my Xmas time enjoyment of FM. I do genuinely think SI have learned from this now as each update does seem more considered, thoroughly tested, and there is clear progress each time, at least IMO. :)

I doubt anything will happen because even SI celebrate christmas (apparently, I'm yet to be convinced they leave the building)

I don't think SI will release anything now and tbh I'd rather they didn't.

I think where 14.2 is now is pretty good and very playable. This is actually for me, now, the first time I've settled properly into the game and feel I can play my matches without fighting quirks & faults in the ME.

IMO the problems now are mostly cosmetic. That said, SI should take their time fixing them to make sure the fixes are right.

I do have bad memories of FM13 when they released a patch / update before Xmas and it was a disaster. They then rushed out a hotfix before Xmas but even then it wasn't right until January and pretty much ruined my Xmas time enjoyment of FM. I do genuinely think SI have learned from this now as each update does seem more considered, thoroughly tested, and there is clear progress each time, at least IMO. :)

I'm kind of amazed by saying it's very playable. It's only because I have found I now have zero control over the many mistakes in the matches.

If my players play the ball across the ground to another they will stop and wait, opposition will run past and take ball and break.

Defenders stop if a ball is played over there heads.

If my team tackle the player stops until the opposition regain possession.

If they slide in for tackle somehow they always have the ball instantly.

If a pass not on the ground lands at my players feet he stops it then hit it about 5 yards in front of self and the opposition get ball.

If we're on the break my players will slow down.

Basically I've gone from having a good team to one that doesn't react to breaks, passes, balls, anything.

Passes go a stray, sometimes pass straight to other team, players are just stopping, slowing down all other the show.

I might not have the best team in the world but it seems like anticipation, first touch, reactions, speed, movement, knowledge of football has been removed.

I was enjoying this so much, now I just feel gutted that I've lost all I did over the past few months to have no influence is seems.

So feedback after hours and hours playing, or should I say suffering...

I really think this is the worst patch in the FM saga.

Defenders are totally stupid and GK make unrealistic mistakes.

I have to admit there are wonferful action sometimes, but everything is ruined when your defenders tackle in your own goals with no one pressing them.

As every one knows, the amount of corners is ridiculous.

I can't understand why players when they are alone in front of goals, have time to go closer to the goal, but shot from very far instead. With no results of course.

The consistancy are not very good either.

Disapointed for now, hope SI'll fix it very soon, it's christmas after all ! :)

So feedback after hours and hours playing, or should I say suffering...

I really think this is the worst patch in the FM saga.

Defenders are totally stupid and GK make unrealistic mistakes.

I have to admit there are wonferful action sometimes, but everything is ruined when your defenders tackle in your own goals with no one pressing them.

As every one knows, the amount of corners is ridiculous.

The consistancy are not very good either.

Disapointed for now, hope SI'll fix it very soon, it's christmas after all ! :)

when I read something like this, I'll start to think we're playing in the other game...

Danburrage no idea what you are talking about really as it doesn’t look that way to me, my team are playing some pretty slick football, the best I’ve seen in FM.

In regards to corners I suspect some are being given away because we still haven’t really addressed the issue of players looking to shoot or pass when a player (sometimes from the same side) is standing directly in front of the shot/pass being attempted, the ball just cannoning off in a random fashion. Now of course this sometimes happens in real life but not to the extent that it does in FM, players frequently don’t try to either, go round a player in front of them, or try and turn to find an alternative option, they just punt it at the shins of a man standing a foot away.

I mean if it's as good as you're saying then that's good but I don't know what happened to mine.

I've gone from having a great defence and good win ratio to probably losing 70% of games, letting in an average of 2 a game.

I can't find a solution to my players not being able to react to the ball or controlling it.

I would be ok if I was letting in 2 a game & losing 70% if they were all plausible goals but it's thing like my players running into each other, my defenders just stopping mid run, pinball where the ball bounces around a group of players. I just be happier if I could stop my players from stop running. No slick play, it's chaos out there. I miss on the last update how my team played so much 1-2 overlapping and would get a goal. Most of my come from a free kicks, or a defensive mistake.

A question to people who are having problems since 14.2.

With whatever tactic you're using, how many team instructions and individual player instructions do you have?

The reason I ask is that prior to 14.2 I had lots, to compensate for IMO, quirks with the ME.

Since 14.2, I start games usually with Control, sometimes Standard. I don't start with ANY specific team instructions at all. I just use them when confronted with specific situations e.g. a common one is if the AI presses high up the pitch, putting pressure on my back line, I use "pass into space" and cut them to shreds!

My player instructions are very minimal. My keeper is set to short passing / distribute to defenders. My AF to hold the ball (not actually sure its always necessary but hey I'm winning) and if I play Rooney (usually at IF-S or behind the striker), he's set to dribble less and shoot more (cos he's slow and can't go past people). But that's it, very minimal.

Just putting this out there as I'm wondering if too many instructions is what is causing problems for people? If you do have a lot, try playing a match without these and see what happens.

The first touch issues, while annoying, are mostly bearable IMO. What irks me a lot more is players trying to pass through either their opponents or teammates standing about a yard from them. It seems there are occasions when they are totally oblivious to someone being in the way. Most glaring when the ball bounces back to them and they instantly repeat the same thing.

It's also rather obvious that the only factor that's considered when assessing how risky a pass is is whether the recipient is in space. That's why you'll see someone attempting to whack it across the field through bodies into a teammate in space instead of playing a much safer five yard along the ground pass to someone who is loosely marked by an opponent.

I mean if it's as good as you're saying then that's good but I don't know what happened to mine.

I've gone from having a great defence and good win ratio to probably losing 70% of games, letting in an average of 2 a game.

I can't find a solution to my players not being able to react to the ball or controlling it.

I would be ok if I was letting in 2 a game & losing 70% if they were all plausible goals but it's thing like my players running into each other, my defenders just stopping mid run, pinball where the ball bounces around a group of players. I just be happier if I could stop my players from stop running. No slick play, it's chaos out there.

Wish I could help but without an idea of how you set up to play and what players you have at your disposal it’s difficult. I'm playing a kind of off center 433 so left to right CWB, CB, CB, CWB and then AP, DLP, WM, a forward line of T, F9, Winger, exploit the right flank. Then a mirror tactic to the left which I swap to for variation, Plus a further variation, which is a combination of the two, midfield aligned to the left and forward line to the right, exploit flanks. Last 10 games, won nine drawn one, 32 goals for 7 against. With the flank play and the crossing sorted in this update its playing some excellent stuff.

A question to people who are having problems since 14.2.

With whatever tactic you're using, how many team instructions and individual player instructions do you have?

The reason I ask is that prior to 14.2 I had lots, to compensate for IMO, quirks with the ME.

Since 14.2, I start games usually with Control, sometimes Standard. I don't start with ANY specific team instructions at all. I just use them when confronted with specific situations e.g. a common one is if the AI presses high up the pitch, putting pressure on my back line, I use "pass into space" and cut them to shreds!

My player instructions are very minimal. My keeper is set to short passing / distribute to defenders. My AF to hold the ball (not actually sure its always necessary but hey I'm winning) and if I play Rooney (usually at IF-S or behind the striker), he's set to dribble less and shoot more (cos he's slow and can't go past people). But that's it, very minimal.

Just putting this out there as I'm wondering if too many instructions is what is causing problems for people? If you do have a lot, try playing a match without these and see what happens.

Good point with regards too many instructions, I've certainly found keeping them simple works best.

I would be ok if I was letting in 2 a game & losing 70% if they were all plausible goals but it's thing like my players running into each other, my defenders just stopping mid run, pinball where the ball bounces around a group of players. I just be happier if I could stop my players from stop running. No slick play, it's chaos out there. I miss on the last update how my team played so much 1-2 overlapping and would get a goal. Most of my come from a free kicks, or a defensive mistake.

Look at it from another angle. Watch the highlights of another game in your division between two AI teams. Are the same things happening to the AI that are happening to you and at the same frequency? If not, and if the AI v AI match shows good football with 'normal' goals being scored then the problem is something you're doing.

Also, are you using a d/loaded tactic? Can you see why the incidents you mention are happening. More info needed here, and a couple of uploaded videos showing what you're describing would probably be helpful too.

I've just had a look at www.premierleague.com to find some stats on throw-ins.

I can't do any averages but just by looking, most games tend to have about 40-45 throw-ins per game.

In FM14 14.2, its not wildly out but the number of throw-ins per game does in many cases seem a bit higher.

Also, in some games where there was a high throw-in count (in FM), I saw one with 60, there was also a high corner count at 17.

So, purely from a quick look at the data I would conclude:

1. Too many throw-ins as well as too many corners = ball going out of play too much - I'm confident with this one

2. Doesn't immediately appear to be an obvious trade-off between number of throw-ins and corners

All FM matches I looked at this time were between AI teams.

It would be interesting if others looked and see what you can spot :)

Ok I did an experiment with my team. I play 4-5-1 i use the flat 5 in midfield (I''m AFC Wimbledon by the way) over the years in the game it's served well. Won League 1 & 2, semi final of Johnstones Paint, play-off winner championship, finished 3rd in Premiership, won league cup. For the most part I'm in the top 3/4 of defences in leagues I play. Since the update, I've played 11 in new season. Won 2, Draw 2, Lost 7. Scored 19 Conceded 47.

So I decided I should try different tactics in the same game. I played my 11th game against Southampton at home who are in 15th. Rather than play through against different teams and let 14.2 ruin it, I replayed the same team. First with my 4-5-1, control, fluid with 6 team instructions. High tempo, look for overlap, hassle, run at defence, shorter passing, work ball into box. I lost 3-0. then I tried it with less instructions lost 3-0. Then with more focus on what i'd seen previous with player instructions, I lost 4-1. Then I tried my defensive alternative 4-1-4-1 with the same three scenarios. I draw 1-1, lost 2-0, lost 5-1. I then over did the options on super defensive. I lost 7-0.

As I watch the games, of all what seems to go wrong, the main two things are when my players (only midfielders) receive the ball as they control it, it roll away from them a couple of yards after first touch and the opposition break, mostly scoring. The second thing that's most common is my players stop moving. Overhead, through the middle, down the sides. Anywhere they stop running and stroll, even if we're the ones breaking. The often just run into the opponents.

I'm at a loss over what went wrong. I had a top defence. I had a skilful midfield, I had good attacking options. First touch and movement seem to have vanished and I can't figure out what's wrong. Frankly after all that I've lost all heart in probably my favourite team I've ever had on any FM so I'm stopping. Unless am update comes soon I won't play FM. I've had all the fun taken away since the update.

After playing a few games on the new patch i don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some are making out in here. It's still playable like it was before but I wouldn't class it as a massive improvement from the last patch.

The game doesn't feel any more balanced and there's few new annoying issues.

Overall a fairly disappointing update.

Ok I did an experiment with my team. I play 4-5-1 i use the flat 5 in midfield (I''m AFC Wimbledon by the way) over the years in the game it's served well. Won League 1 & 2, semi final of Johnstones Paint, play-off winner championship, finished 3rd in Premiership, won league cup. For the most part I'm in the top 3/4 of defences in leagues I play. Since the update, I've played 11 in new season. Won 2, Draw 2, Lost 7. Scored 19 Conceded 47.

So I decided I should try different tactics in the same game. I played my 11th game against Southampton at home who are in 15th. Rather than play through against different teams and let 14.2 ruin it, I replayed the same team. First with my 4-5-1, control, fluid with 6 team instructions. High tempo, look for overlap, hassle, run at defence, shorter passing, work ball into box. I lost 3-0. then I tried it with less instructions lost 3-0. Then with more focus on what i'd seen previous with player instructions, I lost 4-1. Then I tried my defensive alternative 4-1-4-1 with the same three scenarios. I draw 1-1, lost 2-0, lost 5-1. I then over did the options on super defensive. I lost 7-0.

As I watch the games, of all what seems to go wrong, the main two things are when my players (only midfielders) receive the ball as they control it, it roll away from them a couple of yards after first touch and the opposition break, mostly scoring. The second thing that's most common is my players stop moving. Overhead, through the middle, down the sides. Anywhere they stop running and stroll, even if we're the ones breaking. The often just run into the opponents.

I'm at a loss over what went wrong. I had a top defence. I had a skilful midfield, I had good attacking options. First touch and movement seem to have vanished and I can't figure out what's wrong. Frankly after all that I've lost all heart in probably my favourite team I've ever had on any FM so I'm stopping. Unless am update comes soon I won't play FM. I've had all the fun taken away since the update.

Sounds like you should visits the tactics section first if I'm honest. Interested to see what the various set ups are, and also upload a pkm of your current game, because i'd yet to see any of they kind of play at the various levels im playing at (prem, serie B, conference)

Whilst I would any suggestions I don't see how even if i play 10-8-5 would help them literally stop standing still or passing to the opponents/falling over themselves.

Also I guess it's a bug, sometimes the goalscorers name doesn't come up when a goal goes in, plus I saw someone shoot very very wide and it hit my player and went in but was still given as the strikers goal.

Whilst I would any suggestions I don't see how even if i play 10-8-5 would help them literally stop standing still or passing to the opponents/falling over themselves.

It makes more sense than arbitrarily replaying a game and jumping from one option to another in the hope of getting a win, which wouldn't help you at all in the long run.

I don't know if it's my tactict or what, but after 10 rounds in Bundesliga my Hertha was 18th, after the patch I've climbed up the entire league and now I'm 2nd, won both vs Dortmund (4-0 away) and vs. Bayern.

Everything with my starting players.

Two matches to go, I hope I can finish 2nd or at least 3rd.

I think the game is somehow too easy now, or I've just created a balanced working tactic. :)

Cheers.

Sounds like you should visits the tactics section first if I'm honest. Interested to see what the various set ups are, and also upload a pkm of your current game, because i'd yet to see any of they kind of play at the various levels im playing at (prem, serie B, conference)

Have seen it constantly, particularly the players miscontrolling basic passes and not really reacting to what is going on around them, but I just put it down to how the ME represents poor tactics (which I usually have).

I didn't do it for a win, I did it to see if I was going crazy or if the same mistakes would happen and I don't mean players being out of position, an attack breaking down, it was to look see if my players were stopping, falling over, running into opponents, passing to opponents etc and then see if i could counteract it. I think if this update means I have to change all my tactics from the many seasons I've done then it was totally unfair of an update (that really should be there to correct issues) to make all my formations, training, players I've got, their attributes, pre season planning etc irrelevant. Like many I'm sure i spent way too much time on certain things to get it right and I did but it's been changed to make me early season screwed. If I was just playing bad etc I wouldn't be so annoyed. I genuinely see the errors of the attacks being an update error not tactical. Cos the games aren't overly different in flow or anything it's just huge unfootballing mistakes like lose of movement eyesight intelligence happening for a 2 second moment then my players come back to life.

Without me getting all boastful I can't understand how it can be 2 titles, playoff win, league, premiership 3rd place in four season, great defensive record, good control on ball, 1st 2 games of season all good etc to the moment the update appears players can't control a ball or pass a ball to same team.

Is all this happening to the AI controlled team too? I know I keep repeating this, but the best test to see if the ME is functioning correctly is to study how the AI controlled teams play. Do their players stop moving? Do their players run into the opponents? That last one sounds like you've got a tactical set up with players occupying the same area of the pitch.

Also, re-playing the same game with different tactics isn't going to tell you much. Follow the advice given here, post your tactical set up in the tactics forum. I 100% guarantee the advice you get will get your team playing better. Won't always win of course, but it will cut out what you seem to be experiencing.

Without me getting all boastful I can't understand how it can be 2 titles, playoff win, league, premiership 3rd place in four season,

Hmmm, if you've taken Wimbledon to 3rd in the BPL within four seasons, you've perhaps exploited a weakness in the previous match engine, whether it's from a downloaded tactic you're using, or one you've made yourself. If that exploit has been 'patched' it's maybe no surprise you're losing. I can't imagine you'll have had enough finance in such a short timeframe to have genuine top 3 Premier League players. No offence.

Thanks I shall do as you suggest. The players falling over and running into each other is happening on both teams. But the passing to midfielders who suddenly stop and wait and let opposition get ball is all my side. I shall go get help. As much as I hate that lol I had it down perfect until the update. Thanks.

Thanks I shall do as you suggest. The players falling over and running into each other is happening on both teams. But the passing to midfielders who suddenly stop and wait and let opposition get ball is all my side. I shall go get help. As much as I hate that lol I had it down perfect until the update. Thanks.

I still think its worth uploading a PKM in the bugs section of your games though. Clearly you are seeing something for whatever reason, at least you can get some kind of answer on it. For me, if you are convinced something is an issue and its not user based, its always worth uploading a save game or PKM, just to be sure. The worst thing one can do is ignore it, if it indeed an issue, then you might miss the chance to get it addressed.

@danburrage

You say you're playing high tempo short passing.

Honest question, are your players technically good enough to do that? Is the movement of your players (e.g. off the ball, anticipation) good enough for you to do that?

In that game, is the AI team playing high up the pitch or deep? Are they tight up to you or stood off you? However they're playing, you need to adjust to that and one or two shouts at the right time can make a huge difference.

There is something seriously wrong with contracts again at the lower levels.

I've just started a game at Stockport and I'm miles over the wage budget, as they are letting me offer upwards of £500 a week to players despite the budget being well into the red. Before, it wouldn't let you offer a player anything if you were over it. There will likely be ramifications further down the line, but I'll probably be sacked anyway, so I'm keeping this going to see how much they'll let me spend!

There is something seriously wrong with contracts again at the lower levels.

I've just started a game at Stockport and I'm miles over the wage budget, as they are letting me offer upwards of £500 a week to players despite the budget being well into the red. Before, it wouldn't let you offer a player anything if you were over it. There will likely be ramifications further down the line, but I'll probably be sacked anyway, so I'm keeping this going to see how much they'll let me spend!

The boards attributes probably have something to do with it at Morecambe I'm kept on a very tight leash as regards how much I can offer. So much so that to sign a half way decent player I have to set his squad status to first team regular which instantly makes him ask for more usually more then the board will allow me to offer.

I've just had a look at www.premierleague.com to find some stats on throw-ins.

I can't do any averages but just by looking, most games tend to have about 40-45 throw-ins per game.

In FM14 14.2, its not wildly out but the number of throw-ins per game does in many cases seem a bit higher.

Also, in some games where there was a high throw-in count (in FM), I saw one with 60, there was also a high corner count at 17.

So, purely from a quick look at the data I would conclude:

1. Too many throw-ins as well as too many corners = ball going out of play too much - I'm confident with this one

2. Doesn't immediately appear to be an obvious trade-off between number of throw-ins and corners

All FM matches I looked at this time were between AI teams.

It would be interesting if others looked and see what you can spot :)

OK so I went off, thought about this a bit.

I think the problem with too many corners, and throw-ins, is that players try to cross too often. Tbh I've seen this for a while when watching matches but have just put this together now in my head.

I think the reason they're crossing too often is because when they get the ball in wide areas they don't recycle possession, often because of a lack of movement & support within a reasonable proximity to them. If this could be fixed, in tandem with defensive players coming out of their own box a bit more to close down, that would leave a teensy bit more space in the box for goals to be created that aren't from corners.

That's my diagnosis, I'll just wait now for PaulC to tell me I'm right (in which case I want a 6 figure salary job at SI ;) ) or that I'm talking rubbish! :lol:

I think the problem with too many corners, and throw-ins, is that players try to cross too often. Tbh I've seen this for a while when watching matches but have just put this together now in my head.

I also think the time it takes teams to get from one end of the pitch to the other is a lot faster than in real life, leading to more action around the penalty area at both ends, which in turn leads to a higher number of set pieces in those areas. This is down to ball physics IMO. The ball sometimes travels unrealistic distances, particularly from clearances and defensive headers.

I've noticed far too many "dumb goals" in this game and seeing goalies with even average reflexes for their level making back-to-back-to-back volley saves on different sides of the net. A lot of OGs I get are balls just rolling against the goalie, through him, and into the net. I've seen balls rolled into the box that at a slow pace that defenders just watch roll by them and into the net. Last night I had a cross go to my far post, where my RB who was marking no one and just inside the 8 yard box headed it back across goal into his own net. This is all in Serie A with defenders pegged as "leading star" level for Serie A.

On the other hand sick volleys just get stonewalled. I don't mind conceding goals, but I'd much rather it be to insane volleys or good passing play instead of just absolutely outlandish OGs or balls that bounce around off 8 heads in the box before dribbling into the net past a keeper and a dude standing on that post.

Again very bad patch. Awful first touches, long shots , again through balls and passing in space are very rare like in worst FM version ever - 2013 , ice skating from FM 2013 is back....

This new ME which started with FM 2013 is one big failiure... It seems that people who created it can't control it.... Every new patch brings 100 new problems and when they release new patch which solves this problems - 100 new problems arise...OK , it's not like FM 2013 second patch which was totally unplayable but it is barely playable.

i have to agree with Darth_Sidius.. my team has completely gone to pot since the patch has come in,won the league with 4 games spare only conceding 28 goals was very happy, game updates to new patch next 4 league games concede 12 goals!! against midtable teams, didnt think much of it as had won league and players prob lost focus, but this season half way through the season have conceded 48 goals, 6-0 3 times!!, players cant pass to each, control the ball, mistakes all over the place.. im finding it impossible to play as whatever i do it the same problems occurring

I also think the time it takes teams to get from one end of the pitch to the other is a lot faster than in real life, leading to more action around the penalty area at both ends, which in turn leads to a higher number of set pieces in those areas. This is down to ball physics IMO. The ball sometimes travels unrealistic distances, particularly from clearances and defensive headers.

I'm fairly certain that RTHerringbone said that this year "some major changes were made to the way in which distance is calculated," so maybe it is this rather than ball physics? I do think that some kind problem with distance could explain quite a few of the strange goalkeeper occurrences, such as standing with the ball while the striker makes up 30 yards to tackle him and score. I also had an opponent's defensive clearance inexplicably roll into the goal past my keeper which I thought could be something to do with this. Maybe a possibility?

there is a gamebreaking bug in registration. players like gerrard and johnson are not being counted as the "trained in england for 3 years before 21st brithday". i have had to leave 7 spots free.

A combination of re-installing the game and/or verifying the cache should fix this pretty rare problem. Are you playing on the demo? I was, and had the problem you mention. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377411-Home-Grown-Status-Bug

80% of my games on this patch go like this, go 1 nil up dominate game and possession and miss tonnes of 1 on 1s ( the strikers just hit the ball straight at the keeper and don't aim for corners), then my opponent gets a corner/wide freekick near full time and equalise. just played a game exactly like this but my opponents only had 9 men and still equalised from corner :mad:

80% of my games on this patch go like this, go 1 nil up dominate game and possession and miss tonnes of 1 on 1s ( the strikers just hit the ball straight at the keeper and don't aim for corners), then my opponent gets a corner/wide freekick near full time and equalise. just played a game exactly like this but my opponents only had 9 men and still equalised from corner :mad:

Better make sure you go 2 - 0 up in games then :brock:

OK so I went off, thought about this a bit.

I think the reason they're crossing too often is because when they get the ball in wide areas they don't recycle possession, often because of a lack of movement & support within a reasonable proximity to them. If this could be fixed, in tandem with defensive players coming out of their own box a bit more to close down, that would leave a teensy bit more space in the box for goals to be created that aren't from corners.

That's my diagnosis, I'll just wait now for PaulC to tell me I'm right (in which case I want a 6 figure salary job at SI ;) ) or that I'm talking rubbish! :lol:

You're about 80% of the way there :)

Archived