Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed this and it may be related to the dropping of the familiarity with tactics but my assman, Franco Tancredi who has been at the club and my assman for 3 years has had his club players knowledge drop a few notches, it definitely was full:

b7a9954f64c2236612f570bc48c02db5.png

And also probably more importantly his ability to be an assman has dropped completely from natural/ full bar down to 3/4 of a bar:

41a74fba865abcf36241df4c12ea9d33.png

ninja edit, just quickly ran through all my staff and the club players knowledge and varying other coaching familiarity bars such as man management, squad management, tactical, training etc, basically at least one of the categories and mostly 2 or 3 of them have all dropped for every member of staff I have.

Ive played two matches since the patch. I hadnt touched my tactics at all and was getting a little hacked off with a couple of the players seeming to be playing a bit oddly. Then when i actually looked, they had some player instructions set that im convinced were not set previously.

For example, my AMC set as an advanced playmaker on support with roam from position also now had get further forward and cut inside with ball. That doesnt make any sense at all.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: Looking into it further, it looks like whats happened is that the individual instructions have all jumbled about. My AMC actually had the MLs instructions, the ML had someone elses, etc.

And ive just hit the woodwork 4 times in one match again, so i cant say thats seemed to have improved much.

I don't know if this is the right place to post about this, but does it not bother anyone else how underrated Luis Suarez is on this game? And before people say I'm only going off his recent form, I was actually saying this when the beta first came out, because even then he seemed unbelievably underrated based on his form last year.

With each update the first thing I check is to see whether he has been improved. I'm not trying to make out that he's poor by any means, but in real life he's getting close to Ronaldo/Messi calibre, but this certainly isn't reflected in his stats/rating on FM. It just makes playing as Liverpool a lot less fun than it should be.

I actually think his numbers in FM are quite fair - maybe slightly underrated, but fair. And I'm saying that as a Liverpool fan.

He's around 175 CA, and with some very strong mental and ball control attributes. His finishing is around 15, and I think that's a good reflection of his real life finishing. He scores some crazy goals, but he also misses some sitters - which rules out a finishing attribute in the 18-20 range, in my opinion.

You could argue, that his CA could be increased slightly (maybe 180-185), and that his freekicks, first touch, and balance could be raised a couple of points.

You have to keep in mind that the data was probably locked down before his current season really started to kick off. He'll probably be tweaked a bit in the data update after the january window.

Yeah, this happened to me too, I thought it was just the Familiarity that was bonked, a lot of my player instructions seem to have been messed around with too..In particularly I had mark tighter highlighted for every player, an instruction I had never really used before

I haven't played many matches so far but I can see improvements, the most importants about strikers finishing and defensive behavior in general, so I can say I'm happy of the patch.

Pleased to hear this, as I know you did a great job of uploading .pkms highlighting some dubious defensive behaviour from the last update :thup:

Pleased to hear this, as I know you did a great job of uploading .pkms highlighting some dubious defensive behaviour from the last update :thup:

I actually had to tweak some settings, but it does have sense now. As ajw10 stated somewhere I noticed instances of CBs going out of position, closing down mindlessly. This occurred, with the previous patch, whatever the mentality/strategy you decided to play with, when now it happens playing with an offensive or very offensive and aggressive strategy solely, according to what I've seen/match I played so far :)

Injuries are still annoying me a bit, not the frequency of them, that's pretty normal, but what the injuries are and how they are reflected in game.

For example, in my last match, my striker picked up a knock and had the yellow 'INJ' sign next to him. You're forever told it's better taking these players off sooner, although I've noticed in this version that it seems to make no difference as they're always out for ages anyway. In this case, I took the player off not long after he got hurt, and afterwards, I'm told the player is missing for 4 weeks with a 'pulled hamstring' picked up during the match. Anyone who's ever played football knows when you pull your hammy, you simply cannot carry on.

There still seems to be a random element with the type of injury, it's as if it decides what it is after the game, rather than at the time. I'll keep an eye on it, but I've noticed it happening now and again across a few saves, on both FM and Classic.

strange own goal, to say the least... happened to my mate

just uploaded to ftp/pkm - 'baines own goal'

Could you create a thread in the Bugs Forum here please, and mention the name of the .pkm?: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Bugs mentioned in the feedback thread are less far likely to get looked at by the relevant SI people, than those logged in the Bugs forum.

Could you create a thread in the Bugs Forum here please, and mention the name of the .pkm?: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Bugs mentioned in the feedback thread are less far likely to get looked at by the relevant SI people, than those logged in the Bugs forum.

No prob, just did.

I did last year and it's not fixed

I can't be the only one it happens to

You're not. I haven't had a penalty shootout less than 25 so far in FM14. I've had 25-26, 33-34, 27-28, and 48-49. The only reason they ever end is someone finally missed the net.

• Administrators
Big yellow dot in the middle of this player's positions (he can't play AMC at all)

rGtRDsM.png

But clicking onto the information screen and then clicking back to the main screen...

ScABpy6.png

And it's mysteriously vanished! :lol:

Can you post it here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/375-FMC-User-Interface

and I'll take a look when I can.

You're not. I haven't had a penalty shootout less than 25 so far in FM14. I've had 25-26, 33-34, 27-28, and 48-49. The only reason they ever end is someone finally missed the net.

Excellent, sounds like you have loads of .pkms to upload to that thread I linked in post #269 then.

The more examples SI have, the greater the chance they have of nailing the root of the issue.

Played about 10 matches with the new update and it feels a lot more random that the previous patch - players are having all sorts of trouble making easy 5-10 yard passes, and there's some abysmal first touches from players with excellent attributes. All feels very flimsy. I played Juve in Europe and both teams gave the ball away about 3 times each in the space of a minute, all within 10 yards.

On the plus side, my forwards look like they can actually score goals now, and wide players seem to be more likely to cross the ball instead of sitting around and then trying to win a corner.

Feedback on the latest update in here please.

Bugs to be reported here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/359

& FMC Bugs here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/372

And here be the change list: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378441

Keep it clean, keep it constructive, and have a wonderful Christmas!

When you say the update is save compatible does that mean these changes apply to my existing save even though it started before the update or do I need to start another save to enjoy the full benefits of this?

I've already found a problem with the update, goalkeepers distribution is poor basically gives it to the striker for them to score, its happened 3 times already, I've got a lot of time for football manager and love the game but there seems to be one problem after another

Excellent, sounds like you have loads of .pkms to upload to that thread I linked in post #269 then.

The more examples SI have, the greater the chance they have of nailing the root of the issue.

I do! :) Unfortunately, the last 2 times I've tried to upload pkms, they've had their threads mysteriously be deleted. Guess I'm not loved enough.

• Administrators
When you say the update is save compatible does that mean these changes apply to my existing save even though it started before the update or do I need to start another save to enjoy the full benefits of this?

Fully depends on the type of fix I'm afraid. Most changes will yes, stuff like competition rule changes won't though (and require a new save).

Archived