Stuart Warren

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

5,922 posts in this topic

Wonderful scenes. Hopefully my hair tearing days are over

Cant see anything in the update notes about it but has the problem with tutors being bugged and not being able to tutor again for 6 months been fixed or at this point do we accept this is an intended mechanic?

Is there no update for all the editor issues??? There are tons of bugs with rule validation, especially concerning simple promotions between levels with different number of leagues! Is this not being addressed?

so, still can't edit the competition rules via pre-game editor?

If you mean your bug about Fgn player quotas, you should be able to now. Obviously, let us know if it doesn't work for you. Cheers :thup:

Is there no update for all the editor issues??? There are tons of bugs with rule validation, especially concerning simple promotions between levels with different number of leagues! Is this not being addressed?

There are a number of fixes not included in the change list - if your query isn't picked up in here then I'd suggest asking in the Editor bug forum.

- Fixed player standing at wrong end of pitch when following "stand in front of keeper at free kick" instruction

LOL, never saw this one.

If you mean your bug about Fgn player quotas, you should be able to now. Obviously, let us know if it doesn't work for you. Cheers :thup:

YESS!! I tested it and it works! Thank you!

Cant see anything in the update notes about it but has the problem with tutors being bugged and not being able to tutor again for 6 months been fixed or at this point do we accept this is an intended mechanic?

Tutors should now be able to start tutoring again much sooner.

Played 1 match so far and the match engine does appear to be much improved.

One of my strikers actually had composure, and finished a 1 on 1 chance rather than the keeper easily saving.

Passing and running looks smoother, players are actually controlling the ball rather than it colliding everywhere

There were accurate slide tackles

Great to have full screen mode in Linux as well.

do we have to start new game for this Reduced player bonus demands in contract negotiations ?

do we have to start new game for this Reduced player bonus demands in contract negotiations ?

Nope, you can carry on your save

Wonderful scenes. Hopefully my hair tearing days are over

We have some polish on order to polish your now bald head :D

Can't see it in the release note (that's not to say it's not there. I'm very tired) but i'll ask anyway..

Has the small error been fixed were the Defensive Forwards role details are not displayed?

If it isn't, wouldn't it be possible to copy and paste them into here or another thread? Just so i know what the difference is between DF Support and DF Defend

Good work on everything else.

Can't see it in the release note (that's not to say it's not there. I'm very tired) but i'll ask anyway..

Has the small error been fixed were the Defensive Forwards role details are not displayed?

If it isn't, wouldn't it be possible to copy and paste them into here or another thread? Just so i know what the difference is between DF Support and DF Defend

Good work on everything else.

If you're referring to the tooltip - that's been added now yup.

Magic.

Have a nice christmas/holidays

Thanks

Ally

Has goalkeepers ability to catch nearly every shot been toned down?

Couldn't see it in the list, but a few of the changes could indirectly reduce it I guess.

Will get in a few hours tomorrow and report back, it's night over here.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Doing well so far, every question met with a yes, waiting for the inevitable first no!! Then it'll all be terrible again no doubt.

Good work, thanks for getting something out so quickly, looking forward to getting home and giving it a go.

Merry Christmas to the team at SI and the Mods on here!

Can't wait to get cracking with This Update tonight.

Just one question. .. Have the player ratings for Full backs been looked at. ?

I seem to be losing tactical familiarity as soon as I switch to another tactic (which is a copy of the same tactic, but with a different mentality)

Video here: https://mediacru.sh/JYgRbzFV_zwg (Sorry, .mov file)

Is this a one time thing after the patch because of changes made to familiarity stuff, or will this happen every time?

First goal I've seen with the new update was a downward header, think that's the first one I've seen in this game. Possibly just coincidence. It was against me of course as I'm rubbish at this, but still kinda nice to see :lol:

so no datebase changes?

There are never any planned database changes until the update we get after end of the Jan trasnfer window....its always been this way

Wahey, a nice early Christmas! Didn't have THAT many gripes with 14.1.14 but this update seems to have addressed them all. Can't wait to jump on tonight.

Good job SI! :thup:

Awesome coincidence that today we're going to start an online game with a couple of friends :D

Cheers SI!

There are never any planned database changes until the update we get after end of the Jan trasnfer window....its always been this way

yeah i thought so but this is called 14.2 so i figured it had datebase changes.

minor anyway

Closing down and marking on my fully fluid, before update, away tactic has now been reduced to awkward and competent respectively.

minor anyway

Really? Before the transfer window?

14.2 just means it's the second revision of 14.

minor anyway

It gives you something to look forward to next year :D

Can't make out if any of those have fixed the bug where players try to knock the ball against an opponent rather then crossing. Please don't tell me i have to wait yet another patch for this to be fixed >.< It's one of the few things that has really annoyed me in this years ME

EDIT: I see it now, now to give it a go :)

Can't make out if any of those have fixed the bug where players try to knock the ball against an opponent rather then crossing. Please don't tell me i have to wait yet another patch for this to be fixed >.< It's one of the few things that has really annoyed me in this years ME

"Reduced poor attempts to win corner off opponent"

Oh wow. Youth Setup Category (not improving after board accepts to upgrade it) bug is still not fixed and it was reported during Beta... Wow, just wow.

May be just me - but the font of the players name when watching 3D appears different. Looks more clunky and harder to read. Playing on Mac Retina so it may be related to that...

I seem to be losing tactical familiarity as soon as I switch to another tactic (which is a copy of the same tactic, but with a different mentality)

Video here: https://mediacru.sh/JYgRbzFV_zwg (Sorry, .mov file)

Is this a one time thing after the patch because of changes made to familiarity stuff, or will this happen every time?

Yup, I'm also having this and peleJunior too. Uploading a save atm and adding to your bug report

May be just me - but the font of the players name when watching 3D appears different. Looks more clunky and harder to read. Playing on Mac Retina so it may be related to that...

Same for me on windows 8

"Reduced poor attempts to win corner off opponent"

Yeah i just saw it. Missed it on the first read through and couldn't see it when glancing through :p

The black outline is thicker now.

2 matches played - 3 near post goals, seems like they are back.