[FM14 WIP] Flat Base Skin v1.0

footballmanager.co

UPDATE: You can download the Beta version now as I am getting a lot of request for this.

Download link

Enjoy!

--------------

Hi guys,

Took the time over the weekend to learn some skinning tips from experts here. Downloaded the base fm14 skin thanks to michaelmurray and got some decent results.

As a UI designer, I've been influenced by the new Flat designs on the web and like iOS styles as well.

Changed the fonts to a more subtle readable nice font called Lato. Had the colors changed following this site: www.flatuicolors.com

Still working on them as well as Minimal Logos thanks to guys at Behance.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-17-at-4.43.15-am-1024x604.png

I probably will release a Flat Base skin without much unnecessary changes to it. If any skinners would love to collaborate with me, give me a shout

@danny

www.footballmanager.co

UPDATE: You can download the Beta version now as I am getting a lot of request for this.

Download link

Amazing work, both with the skin and the logos.

The skin looks great, subtle and very effective. Will you also give a go at the dark version? The logos - simple yet eye-caching, I love them. Shame they require lots of work.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope not. You know this kind of work takes a lot of time, I mean, people work, study, play FM, etc.

Edit: Look at Steklos´s case.

Agreed, does seem a shame though that there has been no word. I cant begi to imagine how much time and effort it takes to design and work on a skin. SI themselves have it as a day job and can deticate mass amounts of time to it whereas most in this kind community do it around their day job and social lives!

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem I have with this is that some of the club logos (normal and small) are missing. They were working fine on the original skin and other skins I've tested, so there's nothing wrong with the logo config file or anything.

Any ideas?

EDIT - I mean my original logos, not your logos :)

Only problem with the skin is I can't click the fixtures icon on the top menu bar, not sure if that is an issue specific to the skin or the game, other than that loving it best skin I've use in the modern era of FM.

Skin. Default one works fine.

I know hot to sort this one out...

download this...

https://www.mediafire.com/?ejqzrqprr38qdbd

unzip it to this folder...

C:/Users/yourusername/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/skins/j4y_z Extended Dark/panels

Make sure you change the yourusername bit to your actual username.

This assumes you are on Vista or higher windows (7, 8 or 8.1)

Should work fine then.

Archived