Sports Interactive Community
Tery Whenett

How does Player Development work in FMC?

Hey,

you can train positions by playing - does it work similar with roles (=attributes)? Let's say I have a great goalkeeping talent, which I want to become a sweeper keeper. Yet, his sweeper attributes are quite poor. Do they improve by playing him as a sweeper keeper or isn't there any impact?

If I set my training to Tactic - do my players only train tactics or is it like in 'full FM', where it's just a focus?

Thanks in advance,

Tery

Team Training works the same as FM.

Setting player roles will bias their Individual training so they will progress in attributes for the role, but sometimes more fundamental attributes may be improved instead if needed (pace, jumping, etc) depending on the player and position.

How is Stamina improved using this system? I tend to just use Balanced for training to make it more simple, only focusing on Fitness & Team Cohesion in pre-season. An example, Adnan Januzaj, 5 star PA with stamina of 10. He's recently turned 20 in my save so would playing him for a full game most times help out with raising that? Or is it more a case of a natural rise with age?

20 is still young in FM terms, he won't have peaked. Playing time and the occasional fitness training will influence stamina to improve.

Im bumping this... Sorry.

Lucas im hoping you will read this - Silly Kiwi needs help again (lol)

Training in FMC - to learn a new position - play player in position.

Q. Does this work for a position thats red or unknown?

Q. How long roughly to learn each position step? (one step a year, or more)

Q. At which age would you suggest stopping training new positions?

Preferred moves.

Q. Can you train Preferred moves in FMC?

Q. is there a way to un-train player moves?

Im bumping this... Sorry.

Lucas im hoping you will read this - Silly Kiwi needs help again (lol)

Training in FMC - to learn a new position - play player in position.

Q. Does this work for a position thats red or unknown?

Q. How long roughly to learn each position step? (one step a year, or more)

Q. At which age would you suggest stopping training new positions?

Preferred moves.

Q. Can you train Preferred moves in FMC?

Q. is there a way to un-train player moves?

Training:

Yes, though to go from 0-20 will take a lot longer than say, 15-20.

Depends on the player, position rating currently and certain attributes (ie. It's not the same across the board). I've got Schurrle playing as a striker in one of my saves atm. He's still learning the striker position after 2 years but not yet natural. On the other hand, I've seen players learn a new position after 6 months to a season.

Teach them whenever really, there's no age where a player can stop learning a new position.

PPMS:

PPMs are trained by your assistant, so the only way that they are untrained is if the assistant feels that this is best for them and assigns the player to do it (which does happen).

Really... I have yet to have a player learn a position from 0 at all, I have tried to teach my striker to play RW and he never even got a dot in it after over 100 games.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

If I have a born-natural CM and retrain him to also be a "natural" DM does that equate to, in stat terms, a 20 for positional familiarity in that position? So he'd perform as well as his equivalent born-natural DM?

Yes. :-)

What about determination and hidden stats like professionalism? How can they be improved without tutoring?

What about determination and hidden stats like professionalism? How can they be improved without tutoring?

There is always the chance in the game that random events will occur for these to improve/fall, and they may increase over time anyway.

This has already been suggested for a future version, as well. :)

Aye, control over tutoring/training, and Classic will be ridiculously good.

I keep flipping between the modes, finding standard too slow, but then after a few seasons at Classic, I miss stronger control over how my players develop. I seem to often end up with PPM's that don't suit my style.

Sorry to Bump - silly Kiwi has another question.

I have a 16yo high potential (5 stars) player, who is very small 5.4ft - will he get taller?

Sorry to Bump - silly Kiwi has another question.

I have a 16yo high potential (5 stars) player, who is very small 5.4ft - will he get taller?

He will not.

This may be a stupid question ... but if you have a Head of Youth excellent attributes will that help the players reach their potential any better than a lower head of youth?

He will not.

This is incorrect. Young players do have the potential to grow a few inches taller.