Sports Interactive Community
Gene

Average Attendance

How is average attendance boosted? I'm about 6 years in with 1860 Munchen and in that time we've yet to win a title but we have become perennial Champions League participants. Yet I'm actually getting average attendances that are less than the season after we won promotion. What drives attendance? Is it linked to trophies, continued success, or supporter profiles?

Trophies and success helps. Need to keep an eye on teams in your local area, they can sap away your support if they're more successful too.

Mostly I think it's down to reputation?

I was thinking rep myself, but we're now more reputable than all but 6 German clubs and we've seen no increase as our rep increased. In fact, clubs with less success and lower reps than mine are consistently drawing larger crowds.

It could be the fact that there is already a huge club in your city that will draw in most of the fans. You'll need time to wean those fans off Bayern and turn them in to your own.

I was thinking rep myself, but we're now more reputable than all but 6 German clubs and we've seen no increase as our rep increased. In fact, clubs with less success and lower reps than mine are consistently drawing larger crowds.

Ooh only just thought of this...

Rep goes up, so does ticket prices. Attendances falls because fans can't afford the tickets maybe? >_>

Ooh only just thought of this...

Rep goes up, so does ticket prices. Attendances falls because fans can't afford the tickets maybe? >_>

No, highly doubt it. There are no Average Incomes assigned to each towns/cities/regions. So that isn't a factor. But I could see there being some type of algorithm using Rep, current avg attendence, etc along with your current ticket price and then it coming to a conclusion whether the tickets are too expensive and attendance should drop because of it.