Sports Interactive Community
Pat Nevin's penalty

As soon as I lose a game or two..............

......even after a great run I go on an endless un-winning run. Morale goes down, even though it goes up when I give team talks before a game. I've tried keeping my teams best known formations, tweaking lesser known formations. It seems in this game if you lose a couple of games then you better be prepared to go on a massive frustrating streak. Anyone know what I mean?

i was basically unbeaten until November, then couldn't buy a game for 2 months (seriously, went from a 10 point lead to trailing by 10 in the premiership, and they weren't winning every game either) - then suddenly routed southampton (a big 7-2 win vs 6th place, NO idea where that came from)

and ended up winning most games from then on (2-0 first leg loss to AC, a 2-1 second leg loss to Porto, a loss to Barca on penalties [in a CL run], and a 3-2 loss to Chelsea to give them the title)

It's too easy to go on either a terrible run or a great run in this game. Morale plays far too big a role for me

I've gone from being sat nicely in the top seven to being down in 12th, having only 3 wins in my last 13 PL games -.-

Edit: It looks like that's going to be 3 in the last 14 PL games.

I had this but the rut only last for 3 games. After the third loss in a row i stripped the tactics back to the basics and ground out a couple of wins and then we got back into things. This season, i could not beat Celtic for love nor money. The form i was in prior to the games against them was devastating (In a good way) but they just flopped against them. Who ever i played after Celtic would get it taken out on them and would sometimes smash 6 or 7 past them.

I think the longer you are in a hole the harder it is to get out, and keep out of it.

Morale isn't so important. Motivation is a much bigger factor.

It's also very tempting to be harsh when you lose after a great run (team talk, warnings/fines etc) which can kick off a poor run.

It's also very tempting to be harsh when you lose after a great run (team talk, warnings/fines etc) which can kick off a poor run.

Yeah, especially if the players can't handle critcism! That'll affect their confidence and motivation.

It doesn't help that I suffered 4-5 injuries to important players. Thankfully, they are close to returning.

I have a two week break upcoming, it looks like I'll be playing lesser teams and I'll hopefully get a lot of 4-0 (or better) wins. That should raise morale.

I wish there wouldn't be constant patches. These constant swings in what works and doesn't work is ruining my experience. By the time I've figured out what works on a patch the next patch comes and destroys everything. I'd gone 3 in game months unbeaten on whatever patch we were on 6 weeks ago. I play today for the first time in 6 weeks and lose 5 in 9. It's lack of any consistency that turns more casual players off playing.

You do seem a lot more likely to get into winning/losing streaks in this game. Morale plays far too much of a factor. Even if you raise it with a successful team talk it still doesn't make a difference.

Even if you raise it with a successful team talk it still doesn't make a difference.

Then it wasn't really successful, was it? :brock: