Dear wide players. Cross the BALL!!!!

With the latest patch im still finding my wide players running past their marker and just kicking the ball out for a goal kick. Makes no sense.. Put a ball into my 6"3 striker who may.... just may put the ball into the back of the net!!!

Was wondering when this will be fixed. And if anyone else is having this problem??

What are you viewing the highlights on? I honestly haven't encountered any issues with a lack of crossing. I watch on comprehensive and I see quite a lot of crossing from my winger and fullbacks. My right back got 11 assists last season with the majority of those from crosses out wide.

I have only seen a few instances where a player aims to win a corner by playing it off a defender and it going out for a goal kick. I must admit the animation sucks for this and looks stupid when it doesn't come off, but it is far better than FM13. I'd see it happen every game on FM13. Here it's once every couple of games.

Are your fullbacks supporting your wingers? I notice it makes a huge difference if they are, eg. Winger on support, fullback/ wingback on attack, vice versa. It means instead of the winger making a hopeless attempt to cross he can pass back to the advanced fullback who is unmarked and will then put in a cross.

I have seen a little reluctance to cross, usually taking the form of a winger beating his man but then waiting for the fullback to catch up before crossing. I think this might be due to strikers/midfielders not making runs and attacking the box quickly enough when the winger beats his man. The winger hesitates because there's nobody in the box to cross to.

Yeah, it's one of those situation where I shouldn't have to pick apart my tactic to see what part of it is making my winger beat his man, then play the ball all the way back to the DM outside the area instead of squaring it to the striker who is free for a tap in. I use all of the instructions that should lead to full backs and wingers crossing the ball as much as they can, but for some reason they get in great positions but then insist on playing it backwards.

Yeah, it's one of those situation where I shouldn't have to pick apart my tactic to see what part of it is making my winger beat his man, then play the ball all the way back to the DM outside the area instead of squaring it to the striker who is free for a tap in. I use all of the instructions that should lead to full backs and wingers crossing the ball as much as they can, but for some reason they get in great positions but then insist on playing it backwards.
yep,does my nut in,but they are aware of it apparently

Had this allot myself winger had 10 yards on a fullback and just goes into slow motion while the fullback catches up I have messed around a little bit with setting but im becoming more and more convinced its a low agility rating maybe causing problems when players are running at top speed with the ball and having to cross on the run maybe isn't a bug its just being represented very badly in the 3d engine

Its so frustrating losing a game because of this. My winger beat his man my striker (harry kane, 6ft3) is in the box waiting for the ball, i could understand if he crossed it and it was cleared but he literally kicks it out of play and runs back.. Hense me punching the floor in anger!

And its not my tactics or shots because, personally... im a tactically genius when it comes to FM sliders and now non sliders. Very meticulous in my tactical approach, The kind of guy who the day after the transfer window is sat for hours sorting everyones instructions out. set pieces, etc etc etc.

Now to show my anger i shall get back to that very save lol... God its so buggy at times... but i do love this game!

AM(L/R) wingers are only allowed to cross if they've made an application in triplicate, got it signed by their local pub landlord and the wind direction is north to north-west. Try it; it's working for me! :p

In my games I have seen successful crossing from my wingbacks and fullbacks when overlapping, however I have no idea about AM(L/R) as I haven't used them as wingers yet. As inside forwards if they end up on the wing and try to cross the ball it usually doesn't beat the first man, but I don't want them there in the first place anyway. I haven't had 'proper' wingers in either of the two teams I've managed up to now. Also, I don't set my wingbacks and fullbacks to cross from deep either.

Not much to offer there except for the comedy line.

I've seen a lot more (successful) crossing from my complete wingbacks with unspectacular attacking stats, rather than my AM(L/R) wingers. Are people maybe seeing better results with M(L/R) wingers?

I play 4-2-3-1 (CMs) and my winger and fullback's cross the ball often. Mainly down my right flank as that is set up to stretch the opposition, whereas the left uses an inside forward. Judging by all the comments I would have thought this post was about FM13, of which I'd understand the concerns. But, seriously I have yet to encounter any problems.

Are people only playing on key highlights? The ME might think a fail cross isn't a highlight whereas the failed one is, for some reason. But on comprehensive I see quite a few per game.

As mentioned about, I would worry about your winger not crossing. When the do the forward will never score with a header anyway. Been happening in numerous FM's and it' a bit pathetic it's still not been fixed. I actuall raised this as a bug way back in the early days of FM 11.

I've noticed this, although my team plays primarily through the wingers and I end up with plenty of assists from crosses anyway. I'd have a whole lot more if my players crossed every time the opportunity arose though, instead of turning around to try to win a corner off the defender...

Also very annoying that wingers ALWAYS shoot from impossible angles when they've cut in from the wing and are close to the touchline close in to the goal. There's almost always a better option available - i.e. cutting it back across the box - but they go to shoot anyway and punt it straight into the side netting every time.

I play 4-2-3-1 (CMs) and my winger and fullback's cross the ball often. Mainly down my right flank as that is set up to stretch the opposition, whereas the left uses an inside forward. Judging by all the comments I would have thought this post was about FM13, of which I'd understand the concerns. But, seriously I have yet to encounter any problems.

Are people only playing on key highlights? The ME might think a fail cross isn't a highlight whereas the failed one is, for some reason. But on comprehensive I see quite a few per game.

no i watch 90 minute games im ashamed to admit lol

I play narrow with exploit flanks, cross early and both wide players with cross from deep instruction set and that went a long way to sorting my issues with crossing, you could also try more risky passes on both wide players.

Have a look a these 2 threads as they might help.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377382-4-4-1-1-advice

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377429-Wingers-can-t-make-a-cross-to-the-box

Archived